PDA

View Full Version : Rich Gannon's comments - Nov. 14

Muggsy
11-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry if this got double posted:
==============================================

Hold on Viking fans… there is still some fight left in this team. Probably the most impressive thing I saw all day was the fact that while things didn’t go particularly well for the Vikes, they didnt' panic, rather they just kept chipping away at the Giants scoring anyway they could (INT return for TD, kickoff return for TD and punt return for TD).

Some game balls for Sunday’s efforts:

-Defensively, Darren Sharper got it all started (3 INT’s) but Keith Newman continues to impress (11 tackles and 1/2 a sack) as well as Antoine Winfield (9 tackles) who is probably the best tackling corner in the league right now.

-Offensively Brad Johnson, while his numbers weren’t great, was clutch on that last drive and besides, is there a more fiery competitor on this team?

-Special teams Koren Robinson and Mewelde Moore for their returns for touchdowns that kept the Vikings in this one and finally Paul Eddinger for his game winning 48 yard field goal… it doesn’t get much better than that.

Right before your eyes, this team is trying to crawl right out of the cellar. If they can somehow find a way to win at Green Bay, they will be halfway there. Let’s take a look at the lowly Packers who, by the way, beat Atlanta on the road yesterday. Offensively, they are a little banged up especially at receiver and running back. However, for the Vikes to win they need to make Farve throw it 40+ times. As of late, he has been a little careless with the ball and his interceptions are up over a year ago. The Vikings secondary has been opportunistic, generating four interceptions last week vs. the Lions. They will need more of that to stop Farve and company.

Defensively, the Packers have struggled all year particularly defending the pass. They have not generated much of a pass rush nor have they been consistent enough in stopping the run. I believe the Vikes can move the ball against this defense if they get a solid performance from Brad Johnson. However, I truly believe this game will come down to who wins the battle of special teams. If last week was any indication the Vikings should be in good shape as far as teams are concerned. Should be a good one!

Prophet
11-15-2005, 05:16 PM
I know I'm fired up for the upcoming MNF matchup at Lambeau. Both teams are coming off of huge wins. Let the battle begin.

Mr. Purple
11-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Its a Home Coming for our man D-Sharp as well! I think we could use this game to get our offense rolling. Bye some mircale of a football god the pack beat ATL sunday. So I bet they got alot of pepp in thier step ( no pun intended) it'll be good to go in monday and bring them back down to earth.

collegeguyjeff
11-16-2005, 12:28 AM
i hate the packers and all their fans, i bet the fans think they will win at home like usual because farve is their god; well a crappy god at best ha ha ha ha packers are such fags

and the packers get credit for beating atlanta geez their quarterback sucks all you have to do to beat atlanta is shut down their running game which our defensive coordinator couldn't figure out when we played them.

cajunvike
11-16-2005, 12:35 AM
If Gannon was smart, he would have signed as the backup for the Vikings in the offseason...then he would be starting, instead of commentating...but it's all good, because Brad is the Man...steady and sure, no stupid mistakes, just puts his team in a position to win! Go Brad!!!

StillPurple
11-16-2005, 01:23 AM
I like Gannon, both on and off the field. I always kind of rooted for him when he was a QB, because he is an ex-Viking and is still in our Viking "family" (his wife is the daughter I think of someone in the Vikings organization). You can tell that Gannon is still "purple"...

... plus, he is my age. :roll:

donjen95
11-16-2005, 01:29 AM
we need to win this game badly. chicago now gets to play all the same teams that kicked our and gb buts this year!

singersp
11-16-2005, 01:32 AM
"OldManVike" wrote:

However, for the Vikes to win they need to make Farve throw it 40+ times. As of late, he has been a little careless with the ball and his interceptions are up over a year ago. The Vikings secondary has been opportunistic, generating four interceptions last week vs. the Lions. They will need more of that to stop Farve and company.!

I'd say they're definetely UP! He threw a total of 17 last year.

He's at 15 now with 7 games to go.

midgensa
11-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I am getting really fired up for this contest. I think that it is a biggie and think we might blow them right out ... SKOL all the way baby ... we are gonna finish this season 10-6 ... I tell ya ... 10-6 and NFC North division champs ...

CynicalVike
11-16-2005, 01:47 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

If Gannon was smart, he would have signed as the backup for the Vikings in the offseason...then he would be starting, instead of commentating...but it's all good, because Brad is the Man...steady and sure, no stupid mistakes, just puts his team in a position to win! Go Brad!!! Gannon didn't have any choice. You don't play football with a spinal (neck) injury like the one he had. NO game is worth the chance to be parylized for life.

VikingMike
11-16-2005, 02:19 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

I like Gannon, both on and off the field. I always kind of rooted for him when he was a QB, because he is an ex-Viking and is still in our Viking "family" (his wife is the daughter I think of someone in the Vikings organization). You can tell that Gannon is still "purple"...

... plus, he is my age. :roll:

He's married to the daughter of old #30 Bill Brown (from my day). Man, I'm old!

COJOMAY
11-16-2005, 02:25 AM
all you have to do to beat atlanta is shut down their running game

Ahhhhhh, it seems to me they killed us with the pass, not the run!

VikingMike
11-16-2005, 02:25 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

I know I'm fired up for the upcoming MNF matchup at Lambeau. Both teams are coming off of huge wins. Let the battle begin.

I want this one bad too...but it's just another building block in the comeback from the abyss. We should really be able to dominate the Whackers...Brad won't make mistakes, and the defense will continue to grow (and pick Favre's pockets).

PurpleTide
11-16-2005, 02:26 AM
I feel that the Vikes are gonna take care of business in stinking bay this weekend. Skol Vikes, roll over the pack.

FuadFan
11-16-2005, 03:57 AM
This will be a close game as is the history of our match-ups with them and we will close this series for the year by sweeping the Pack.

ultravikingfan
11-16-2005, 04:46 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

all you have to do to beat atlanta is shut down their running game

Ahhhhhh, it seems to me they killed us with the pass, not the run!

Are you sure? Or are you just wanting to to disagree.

Because the had only 83 yards passing and 285 on the ground.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20051002001

magicci
11-16-2005, 05:05 AM
i think the vikings have put the turnover machine on reverse as of late and hopefull they can continue next monday.

Paulbedy59
11-16-2005, 01:08 PM
I just hope Cottrel uses the scheme that we used in the second half of the last game.Add in a few more stunts and twist instead of a straight up pass rush.

sunny
11-16-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm going to take tuesday off from work. I'm not very good when i'm still drunk in the morning.

ThorSPL
11-16-2005, 06:05 PM
My parents are coming down to visit and I don't have much to do that week.... I think I'll be getting my drink on as well!