PDA

View Full Version : NY Daily News

VikingMike
11-14-2005, 04:21 PM
IT'S NICE TO SEE THIS ON THE BACK PAGE OF THE LOCAL PAPER...BEEN A DIFFERENT STORY FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS. I'll take a win any way we can get one.

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/vikes%20beat%20giants.jpg

Prophet
11-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Love it. Tiki had a great day, he did his part.

Del Rio
11-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Their whole team played well except for Manning. He is still very young and as long as he can learn from it and move on he will be fine.

C_MoneyVikesFan
11-14-2005, 04:30 PM
That's awesome. Tiki crying this week. Next week, it'll be Favre doing the weeping.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

mnjamie
11-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Nice ............... Oh, so very nice. Warm fuzzies to everyone today, all around !!!!!

Freya
11-14-2005, 04:34 PM
It was a tense game to watch.
An unconventional win but with 2 games put together now, I hope they can build on it.

DCPologirl
11-14-2005, 04:59 PM
That cover just put tears in my eyes

ultravikingfan
11-14-2005, 05:47 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Their whole team played well except for Manning. He is still very young and as long as he can learn from it and move on he will be fine.

What about all their penalties too? So, some did not play as well as we think. I think their D though was really good.

Del Rio
11-14-2005, 05:51 PM
They had alot of penalties, but the fact that they were in the game and in the redzone after moving the ball with ease tells me the mistakes that mattered were on Eli.

Bad plays buy him, good plays by Sharper. Two guys that played enormous roles in the outcome of the game.

Lotza
11-14-2005, 05:54 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

hey dc, your man wiggins came through on the last drive :!:

WBLVikeBabe
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
haha nice post VikingMike love that newspaper cover!!

DCPologirl
11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

That was such a beautiful catch wasn't it. I was working at my bar and I just started screaming "Wiggins Wiggins Wiggins"! LOL The Giants fans looked pretty upset.

culpeppers_vikes
11-14-2005, 09:08 PM
The first of many baby, LETS GO VIKES

V4L
11-14-2005, 09:09 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

That was such a beautiful catch wasn't it. I was working at my bar and I just started screaming "Wiggins Wiggins Wiggins"! LOL The Giants fans looked pretty upset.

HAHA.. I could see ya screaming Wiggins with Giants fans around.. That must have been pretty funny.. Were the fans running thier mouths all day there too or whut?

culpeppers_vikes
11-14-2005, 09:10 PM
if anyone else dismantled the giants the way we did, the commentators would have been worshipping that team right now, but of course its the vikings so it doesnt matter...just pisses me off

NeoVikesTX
11-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks for posting that VikingMike, it just made my day! :grin:

snowinapril
11-14-2005, 09:24 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

There went your tips, or are Giant fans cheap anyways. :lol:

It was a beautiful catch. The TV guys gave him his props too.

DCPologirl
11-14-2005, 09:25 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

HAHA.. I could see ya screaming Wiggins with Giants fans around.. That must have been pretty funny.. Were the fans running thier mouths all day there too or whut?

They were talkin g smack most of the game but the funniest to me was the Giants fan that said "The Vikings didn't win, the Giants lost." roflmao

DCPologirl
11-14-2005, 09:28 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

Snow...I made nada from the Giants fan yesterday yet it was happiest day at work ever because shockingly the local channel aired our game which never happens. That is until the last minute of the game when they cut it off and put the Redskins game on. Then they broke the game to show the Wiggins catch and the field goal.

VikingMike
11-14-2005, 10:21 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

Snow...I made nada from the Giants fan yesterday yet it was happiest day at work ever because shockingly the local channel aired our game which never happens. That is until the last minute of the game when they cut it off and put the Redskins game on. Then they broke the game to show the Wiggins catch and the field goal.

It was a beautiful (and might I say clutch) catch...the NY announcers said Wiggie will catch anything that touches his hands. So true.

VikingMike
11-14-2005, 10:22 PM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

Thanks for posting that VikingMike, it just made my day! :grin:

My pleasure Neo. I've got a brother in McAllen, TX who's a huge Vike fan.

C-PepNSalt
11-14-2005, 10:25 PM
They owned our offense, we owned theirs...luckily our special teams played the better role

VikingMike
11-14-2005, 10:26 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

As much as I respect Tiki (and he had a great game), it also brought tears (of joy) to my eyes.

Muggsy
11-14-2005, 10:38 PM
VikingMike said:

As much as I respect Tiki.....

You might be interested in what Tiki thinks about that game, and the Vikings...

"I can say with great confidence that this team is not better than us," Giants running back Tiki Barber said of the Vikings (4-5). "We gave it to them."

Tiki can't be a man and own up to the fact that the Vikings beat them. I got no respect for those who don't respect us. Nobody gave us anything. We took this win away from them. He needs to recognise that, and get his big head out of the sand.

VikingMike
11-15-2005, 02:54 AM
"OldManVike" wrote:

VikingMike said:

As much as I respect Tiki.....

You might be interested in what Tiki thinks about that game, and the Vikings...

"I can say with great confidence that this team is not better than us," Giants running back Tiki Barber said of the Vikings (4-5). "We gave it to them."

Tiki can't be a man and own up to the fact that the Vikings beat them. I got no respect for those who don't respect us. Nobody gave us anything. We took this win away from them. He needs to recognise that, and get his big head out of the sand.

Good point...maybe that will come back to haunt him. I never understand why players make comments like that. Just say "they beat us and we stunk up the place".