PDA

View Full Version : new shade of viking

fourdoorchevelle
11-14-2005, 10:02 AM
well the dominate offence that most of the new viking fans are used to is gone. but back is some of the purple of old .

just 1 season ago a 3 and out is what happended when the vikes offence had the ball late in the game while leading . now a three and out is something to look forward to . i almost find it hard to believe that the vikings defence can hold a team when it needs to. in Eli's first 2 trips to the red zone , the giants missed a field goal and threw a touch down pass ( a 92 yarder to sharper ). hard to admit that a vikings defence is keeping the vikings in the game and in the hunt for the playoffs .

another thing that viking fans are not used to would have to be special teams . when was the last time the vikings were winning the games witht last second field goals? any 1 remember going for it on 4th and short early in the game because of lack of a punter or field goal kicker? not to mention returns for touch downs , that's 3 for the year if i'm not mistaken . and before burlys return for a touch down last year , i believe the vikes were in a drought of some where around 9 years , (if some one has some hard numbers on this , please post couldn't find).

so gone is the 1 headed moster that was the vikings offence and in is a more rounded team that just needs to find its niche on offence. true the defence hasn't been stellar, but if anything has kept us in games it hasn't been the offence.

olson_10
11-14-2005, 11:54 AM
just imagine if that offensive production was still there to go along with it..we would be absolutely unbeatable..sprinkle in a little of the special teams play we have gotten this season and man uve got one unbelievable squad

digital420
11-14-2005, 12:59 PM
well, it seems our improved D is starting to believe in itself!! and S.Teams is really coming in it's own.. Brad.. show us some leadership and lets unify this team as the NFC champs!!!

then we can serve the crow to all those... experts!!!!!!

DiGiTaL

Vikes
11-14-2005, 01:09 PM
The Vikings knew their O would suck and bought in 'D' this year. The cool thing is BJ and TW are going to start hooking up real soon. The deep threat is coming back.

enlvikeman
11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
with all this special teams Tom Foolery I hope it doesn't mean Rusty will keep his job.