PDA

View Full Version : goods and bads of the game

PurplePeopleEaters
11-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Pleasantly surprising:

Koren Robinson- That kick return was insane. plus the great catch down field. This guy gets better and better each week I tune in.

Kevin Williams- hasn't had the best game of the season but he did bat down a whole lot of passes today. He was one reason that Eli was having so much trouble getting the ball off. The reciever cant catch it if the ball never reaches his hands.

DARREN SHARPER- Pro-bowl here we come baby. 4 INT's in a game.. thats just sick.

Keith Newman- Who would have thought that he would be so good this year. :shock:

Sam Cowart- Had a pretty darn good game. He was in on a lot of plays.

Corey Chavous- In on a lot of tackles. Missed some opportunities bud had an OK game.

Brian Williams- Was Plax even on the field? the double 17 really worked. :smile:

ERASMUS- This guy is a flat out monster. He gets off the ball so fast and he had to play practically the whole game. We made the right choice for sure with pick #18. This guy can play.

Mewelde- great punt return. nice...

Just plain ugly:

Brad Johnson- until the final drive... :pukeright:

Edinger- again.. until the final kick.. :pukeright: how is he so bad outdoors yet so good indoors? it makes no sense to me. :roll:

Bennett- Back to his normal self. :roll:

Tice- We need to see TROY more. it's like tice forgot we used our fricken 7th draft pick on the guy. he is a stud.. PLAY HIM.

O-line- shaky 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters but they got it together on the final drive.

akvikefan89
11-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah. (Darren had 3 INT's, not four)

TheAnimal93
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Yea,
#42 with the Hat Trick was sicker than sick!!!!!

DiehardVikesFan
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
In all fairness to Bennett we weren't getting much of a push up front, but otherwise I agree with most everything up there.

cajunvike
11-14-2005, 12:35 AM
The GOOD: WE WON!!!

The BAD: Heck, we won...who cares until tomorrow!!!

gregair13
the goods are very good and the bads arent that horrible. we only turned the ball over once. that had 4 ints. we had none. the bad tice torn up his knee.

Lotza
i agree ppe, i agree

gregair13
11-14-2005, 12:36 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

The GOOD: WE WON!!!

The BAD: Heck, we won...who cares until tomorrow!!!
yeah. today is all about the win. tommorow we can see what we have to do to win next week.

RK.
11-14-2005, 12:36 AM
You forgot Loney under the just plain ugly. Other than the last drive was the offense even on the field?

sdvikefan
11-14-2005, 12:38 AM
What about Phat Pat? He stuffed Barber several times and was a beast in this game...I know Sharper tore it up with 3 picks but I think Pat has been our biggest impact free agent so far over the whole year.

PAvikesfan
11-14-2005, 12:41 AM
good: win

wiggins is clutch like he was last year.
sharper is the best safety we ever had.
our defense played very well--only gave barber room and a bit of amani some room to do anything.
brad johnson did what he is known for--playing mistake free football.
cotrell had a decent game plan that took two of their three big play players out of the game.
we scored on offense when we absolutely had to.
special teams is the best.

bad:

announcers gave our defense almost no credit for stopping them from gettting to the redzone almost all day. & givng Manning a lot of pressure (though I wanted to see more blitzes).
almost got a heart attack.
we could not score on the offensive side till the last play of the game.
bennett was useless this game.

FuadFan
11-14-2005, 12:45 AM
What werre Sharper's total stats for the game all I know about are the 3 picks I thought he made some great tackles as well?

xvikingfan
11-14-2005, 12:49 AM
In all fairness to Brad.The recievers dropped a lot of easy catches.The touchdown getting called back and the two easy field goals they missed early didn't help.Score should have been 37-21.Also his NOT fumbling or throwing any INT's is huge.Just one fumble or one int by him could have cost them the game.

Del Rio
11-14-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't think it is fair to talk shit on Brad or Bennett.

They plays were scripted and everyone in the world knew exactly what we wanted to do. The offensive play calling was horrible. Brad kept getting into 3rd and longs, you don't want the Giants to know you HAVE to pass.

It's borderline ignorant to judge them. Neither of them turned the ball over. That is alot considering the Giants knew exactly what we were about to do.

On 3 drives the offense went to the air with out worrying about the run. They did great, even managed a good run in there. It's just extreemly horrible play calling on the offensive side of the ball.

FuadFan
11-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Bennett fumbled the ball Del Rio so he did turn the ball over I hope Moore heals up enough to start again.

Del Rio
11-14-2005, 12:58 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

Bennett fumbled the ball Del Rio so he did turn the ball over I hope Moore heals up enough to start again.

Your absolutely correct he did. My mistake.

If you guys think Moore would have done any better, your mistake.

sdvikefan
11-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Bennett had a fumble, but the run blocking by the line was horrible. Bennett is a back that relies heavily on good run blocking because he needs open field to make his speed work. Moore can break tackles, can spin off pile ups, and as we saw today, has good speed when he's in the open field. So Moore has a clear advantage over Bennett when he's healthy. But still I would have thought our running game would be better than this with Kleinsasser back in the lineup.

Del Rio
11-14-2005, 01:02 AM
When there is no run blocking Moore is just as inneffective.

sdvikefan
11-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Not only Moore, but Fason, who got stuffed on his only carry. Any back we started today would have done horrible. I am not a big fan of Bennett's, but the guy rarely had a chance to make things work.

FuadFan
11-14-2005, 01:04 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

When there is no run blocking Moore is just as inneffective.I would have to take your word on that because I did not watch the line's play was it the whole line or did you notice any particular lineman who had really poor games?

V4L
11-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Darren proved all those people wrong who were saying he has lost a step and isn't the same player! Thank god we got him!

My boy Koren keeps showing up.. It's nice to see him out there having fun.. They told his story too and said when he checked himself into rehab he was like I don't want to be like these people.. And he was just hoping for one last shot and he wouldn't blow it.. It's awesome

Ltrey33
11-14-2005, 01:08 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

I agree, and I do think Moore could have done a better job. If you look at the past games, Moore has taken runs that look like they're going to be stuffed and bounces it outside for a 3 or 4 yard gain. Bennett hasn't really shown that he can do that. I hope Moore gets his job back.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-14-2005, 01:11 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Darren proved all those people wrong who were saying he has lost a step and isn't the same player! Thank god we got him!

My boy Koren keeps showing up.. It's nice to see him out there having fun.. They told his story too and said when he checked himself into rehab he was like I don't want to be like these people.. And he was just hoping for one last shot and he wouldn't blow it.. It's awesome

Me and Vikez are the Koren fan club here. :lol: From the day we signed him... that visor. So cool. He has progressed a lot this season. I loved seeing my NC State guys out there today. Robinson with the return, B-Will with the pick, Dovonte Edwards even played some.

V4L
11-14-2005, 01:22 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Me and Vikez are the Koren fan club here. :lol: From the day we signed him... that visor. So cool. He has progressed a lot this season. I loved seeing my NC State guys out there today. Robinson with the return, B-Will with the pick, Dovonte Edwards even played some.

Heck yah man! Koren is awesome! :grin: :grin: :grin:

V-Unit
11-14-2005, 01:46 AM
While I was a fan of Bennett I must admit that I would like to see Moore starting. I am not saying he would have had a good game with the way our Oline was totally overmatched today, but I'm sick of MB's dancing in the backfield. At least Moore tries to push piles and hits the holes hard.

xvikingfan
11-14-2005, 01:49 AM
He can't run straight up the middle.After being stuffed repeatedly on runs up the middle,you think they would have called some sweeps or screens.He's not big enough to run straight into the D.

FuadFan
11-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Even if the O-line wasn't playing well he had 18 carries to work on and he only had 16 yards less then 1 yard a carry some of that has to be put on Bennett's shoulders.

VikingMike
11-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Just the fact we beat the Giants (and on their turf) was big.

Some good points as I see 'em - of course the Special Teams play, and also that Brad made no mistakes...loved the little shovel pass to Bennett that almost got a first down...and Wiggins, what a clutch catch. Defense bent but didn't break...came up big in some big spots. Erasmus looks great. Overall, I'm still thinking that we still have a long, long way to go, but winning sure as hell beats losing any day of the week.

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/page%20rushing.jpg

ultravikingfan
11-14-2005, 03:19 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

When there is no run blocking Moore is just as inneffective.I would have to take your word on that because I did not watch the line's play was it the whole line or did you notice any particular lineman who had really poor games?

Cannot fault Bennett too much. The Giants have a great rush D and our O Line was overmatched.

How many times did Bennett get hit in the backfield.

umaguma1979
11-14-2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah - the run blocking was not there today. Once we get Fonoti in the lineup we will be much better. BJ battled today - he didn't quit. Ya know its never pretty with BJ - but that guy always comes up in the clutch. When BJ drove us down on the winning drive - I was thinking - I'd rather have BJ engineering this drive than Daunte. BJ is a smart Qb.

vegasvike
11-14-2005, 03:30 AM
I loved the game today a W will make everything right. But am I the only one who got tired of Baldinger repeating himself "Well 3 weeks ago against the denver broncos....."

umaguma1979
11-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Brad played a great game.....the Giants really have a great defense, but he took what they gave him. He didn't force anything like Culpepper tends to do....if it wasn't there he throws the ball away. No turnovers....thats huge at the Qb position in the NFL. If the receivers catch a few more of the catchable passes he threw he loks better on paper. Great effort....this team has not quit.

vikingTurf
11-14-2005, 03:51 AM
"vegasvike" wrote:

I loved the game today a W will make everything right. But am I the only one who got tired of Baldinger repeating himself "Well 3 weeks ago against the denver broncos....."
Exactly, it was just so sickening to see the commentators be so PRO giants, and at point towards end of of 4th qtr giants scored a TD but had a holding penarlty or sth, and they assumed it was on us and said Giants should easily score 2 pt conversion,
if they ever go back and see the tape of their commentary they ll be ashamed of themselves.......

Paulbedy59
11-14-2005, 03:51 AM
Brad took a helleva hit and still kept playing and fighting.he did well.I agree the play calling sucked.But at least the defensive game plan was good.Should of done the same against Carolina.Defensive plans have been much better sincw Winfield spoke up.Kudos to him.

fourdoorchevelle
11-14-2005, 10:40 AM
moore may not have had a great day running the ball, but i atleast double the yardage bennett had. bennett is not the type to fight for yards by breaking tackles and making moves . that's moores specialty. notice the broken tackle on the touch down return?

olson_10
11-14-2005, 11:38 AM
michael bennett should not play another down this season unless we are playing a team that is no better than 25th in the league defensively..the guy couldnt run through paper for god sakes, as well as the fact that he stands in the backfield waiting for things to happen for too long rather than hitting the first hole hard like mewelde..i know memo was a bit roughed up with that wrist injury, but he had no dificulty fielding and returning punts, so why wasnt he running?..brad johnson is a warrior, and daunte should be watching him very closely and take pointers on how to stay in the pocket and take the hit, because he got killed in there all game long, and he never abandoned staying in that pocket and taking hits..he never slid or went down when a defender was coming at him, he stayed in there and took the hits in order to try to make things happen, and the result was a NO TURNOVER mediocre passing game for him..he took a hit on every play on that last drive, and stayed in there making completion after completion..im not saying brad is anywhere near daunte, but daunte could learn from this, because it seems like pressure causes daunte to throw picks because he is just so impatient and doesnt show any poise like johnson..brad stays in the pocket, lets the paly develop, and runs a much more conservative offense, something daunte needs to do to cut back on the turnovers and mistakes when he returns

Vikes
11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Brad took a helleva hit and still kept playing and fighting.he did well.I agree the play calling sucked.But at least the defensive game plan was good.Should of done the same against Carolina.Defensive plans have been much better sincw Winfield spoke up.Kudos to him.

Brad did take a HUGE hit and got back up. BJohnson is doing great.

Vikes
11-14-2005, 01:49 PM
I give Bennett an 'A' for effort. He is playing with more heart now. I hope he starts next week against the Packers. He is ready to explode. The offense is just a couple of seconds from having the timing down once it happens WATCH OUT NFL.

Also the 'D' is doing what it's suppose to keep us in games, until the 'O' catchs up.

My low is the 49ers could have BEAT the Bears. The Bears get some luck a$$ FG block,run back, touch down ugh!

Last good job by the coaching staff the Vikings were very prepared for this game. Tice keep up the good work coaching and hope the leg is okay.

singersp
11-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Special teams & "D" great............except for Edingers 2 missed FG's. He should have never been kicking them any way. We should have put it in the endzone both times with that field position.

Loney bad!

They will never learn that Michael doesn't have a lot of success up the middle.

SWAYZE74
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
well first off im glad they won...i about flipped when i saw the yards at the half...(i missed most of the first and second quarter)...ok heres my views on the game...

good...tice got blind-sided on the sideline...

even better...he'll miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL...lol...j/k

bad...no bad here, we won...lets focus on next week...

singersp
11-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Let's not forget 1 important factor in the Giants win;

WE BEAT THEM ON THE ROAD!

collegeguyjeff
11-15-2005, 08:12 AM
brad johnson totally sucked, he needs to learn how to throw 10 yard passes to get first downs agaisnt a swarming defense. his last drive made up for nothing he did all game though. i sure would like to see williamson get better passes too and k robinson play more cause he is awesome.

mnvikes61
11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Johnson didn't totally suck the giants defense was stuffing the run so they could blitz all they want and not give him anytime to pass. when we went max protect we'd only have a couple of guys actually out trying to catch the ball and they were well covered. it was the playcalling that totally sucked this game. the reason robinson isn't getting a whole lot of playing time is because he doesn't know the playbook well enough to be out there tons of plays.