PDA

View Full Version : Re: So, who misses Daunte?

DeathtoDenny
11-13-2005, 09:20 PM
20 yards of offense in 5 possessions.

hovan
11-13-2005, 09:25 PM
I miss Moss and Birk too :oops:

culpeppers_vikes
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
"hovan" wrote:

I miss Moss and Birk too :oops:
amen

outcast316
11-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Boy I miss our entire O only 6 yards of total offense!!!

PAvikesfan
11-13-2005, 09:30 PM
i miss Daunte today. cause with all the blitzing the gaints are doing it would be nice to have that threat of QB run.

hovan
11-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Lets hope we get some Offensive points to help out this effort!

hovan
11-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Ok, someone who is watching the game tell me what the heck is going on with the incompletes to Nate Dawg. All that NFL shows is Johnson incomplete to Nate Burleson, Johnson incomplete to nate burleson, Johnson incomplete....

Are they overthrows, underthrows, high..one hoppers, good defense, is nate dropping the ball, do the Vikes have a chance of moving the ball offensively?

Gracias

akvikefan89
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
I miss Daunte, But Brad did an amazing job on the ending drive. He's the best backup QB in the NFL. He's tough as nails.

NordicNed
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Daunte who?

mnvikes61
11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
i don't miss daunte. Johnson managed the game and didn't press to make a play when the offense wasn't clicking

gregair13
11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
its impossible not to miss daunte. but hey, thats two in a row.

ultravikingfan
11-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Stop posting in a moved thread. It is now part of another thread.

jimmymac
11-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Culpepper may have thrown 3 ints.

Go Brad!!!

FuadFan
11-14-2005, 12:17 AM
The offense does need to do better and I really miss Daunte but congrats to Brad for driving down the field the one time that it mattered the most.

Articnv
11-14-2005, 12:17 AM
if it wasnt fro defnse and specail teams we wouldnt have all the points so yes i do mioss cpep

V-Unit
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
I am not going to diss Brad at all but it is definetly going to be tough for us we so many key injuries. I miss Daunte.

ThorSPL
11-14-2005, 12:27 AM
I thought once they opened up the game with the long balls thigns reallhy turned around for us.

xvikingfan
11-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Do you miss his fumbles and interceptions.What ya been smokin anyways.

vikeswin2005
11-14-2005, 12:51 AM
its tough to tell when the coaches dont really call any effective pass plays

V-Unit
11-14-2005, 12:52 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

its tough to tell when the coaches dont really call any effective pass plays

Great Point

Del Rio
11-14-2005, 12:56 AM
I would take a Brad that doesn't turnover the ball over a turnover prone Culpepper any day.

I would take a focused Culpepper who is mentally sound over any Qb in the NFL anyday.

It's a shame the coaching staff didn't have the balls to sit Culpepper. I honestly think if they would have benched him he would have regained composure and had more success.

FuadFan
11-14-2005, 12:59 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I would take a Brad that doesn't turnover the ball over a turnover prone Culpepper any day.

I would take a focused Culpepper who is mentally sound over any Qb in the NFL anyday.

It's a shame the coaching staff didn't have the balls to sit Culpepper. I honestly think if they would have benched him he would have regained composure and had more success.What bothers me is that they did not try to use their current offensive pass plan with Daunte before he left that they are currently running with Brad under center.

Webby
11-14-2005, 01:00 AM
I am satisfied with Brad, just not with the calls. If Bennett gets one more start, I may go postal.

Del Rio
11-14-2005, 01:01 AM
What exactly do you think is different? Looks the same to me.

Besides the fact he was holding the ball way to long.

Ltrey33
11-14-2005, 01:13 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

It's a shame the coaching staff didn't have the balls to sit Culpepper. I honestly think if they would have benched him he would have regained composure and had more success.What bothers me is that they did not try to use their current offensive pass plan with Daunte before he left that they are currently running with Brad under center.

This game plan is much, much better than the one they had with Culpepper. The quicker routes, the comebacks and the quicker 3 and 5 step drops give the offense much better rhythm and help to set up the longer passes. With Culpepper they always ran those long developing vertical patterns which made him hold the ball and take all of those sacks. With our offensive line we can't hold the ball, it's got to get out of there quickly. I think if C-Pep would have been using that system earlier in the year, we woudl have been more successful.

"webmaster" wrote:

I am satisfied with Brad, just not with the calls. If Bennett gets one more start, I may go postal.

Me too Webby.

V4L
11-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Pep just needed to work on a few things.. I would take Pep over Brad anyday.. But i'm loving Brad's desisions.. Pep needs to learn from him

sdvikefan
11-14-2005, 01:23 AM
THe playcalling today was very bad, but I'd still take Pep over Brad because today there were several times when the play went to crap and Pep would have scrambled for a gain, but Brad had to stay in the pocket. In Brad's credit he did avoid the sack a few times, but I still miss the scramble factor that we had with Daunte because no defense is ever ready for it.

jimmymac
11-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Culpepper is too indecisive, always scrambling because he hadn't thrown the ball. This lead to sacks and turnovers.

The routes were just as quick with Culpepper. Brad Johnson is just a more decisive QB and a BETTER LEADER.

IMO

mnvikes61
11-14-2005, 01:47 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

THe playcalling today was very bad, but I'd still take Pep over Brad because today there were several times when the play went to crap and Pep would have scrambled for a gain, but Brad had to stay in the pocket. In Brad's credit he did avoid the sack a few times, but I still miss the scramble factor that we had with Daunte because no defense is ever ready for it.
i'd agree that Pep probaly could have scrambled out of the pocket to avoid the pass rush but he still probaly would have tried to force something when the offense wasn't clicking. i think Pep has trouble managing the game he feels he has to make a big play everytime he touches the ball. Johnson takes what he can get

Ddawg84
11-14-2005, 01:51 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

It's a shame the coaching staff didn't have the balls to sit Culpepper. I honestly think if they would have benched him he would have regained composure and had more success.

I know what your sayin, but if you think about it, the week before he got hurt against Green Bay Daunte was the NFL's offensive player of the week for his performance. And he also was doing just fine and leading our team on a drive against Carolina when he got hurt after his long run... so i know what you mean about lovin him as a player when he is not pressin and his head is on right... but i think he is starting to figure out the new type of offense he has and was making a lot of progress. Brad is good for our offense right now though... cause we have a dip and dunk offense without nearly as much firepower as we use to have... and it all starts with our o line up front. I am not giving up.... but damn i can not wait till next year!!! :(

mnvikes61
11-14-2005, 01:55 AM
i'm not waiting for next year, i'm enjoying this season we still have 7 weeks to go and we're on a 2 game winning streak! this is a time to rejoice not to think of next year

WBLVikeBabe
11-14-2005, 02:01 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

If Bennett gets one more start, I may go postal.

Yea those two yarders all frickin day were ridiculous.

midgensa
11-14-2005, 02:15 AM
I definitely miss Daunte and think that a few of those deep throws would have been much better with him, that said ... the blitz may have frayed D.C. a lot more than it did BJ. I am happy with the win however we got it. I think that N8 also dropped two or three passes that I am used to seeing him make and that hurt BJs numbers as well.