Webby
04-19-2004, 08:47 PM
http://www.purplepride.org/images/agony.gif

Webby
04-19-2004, 08:52 PM
http://www.purplepride.org/images/inbreedvertical.jpg

triedandtruevikesfan
04-19-2004, 11:57 PM
haha... those are pretty good webby... I want a poster with that last one!!

puretecmo.com
04-21-2004, 05:09 AM
http://gra.midco.net/obe/farve.gif

:thumbright: :salute:

Viking_Spirit
04-25-2004, 04:12 PM
nice!

VIKE58
04-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Those are great! :blob: I would like a poster of the Inbreeding one also! :laughing3:

go_pack88
05-05-2004, 08:57 PM
You guys sure are clever. Those pictures really make up for the fact that Brett Favre is a good quarterback whereas Daunte Culpepper is about as on-and-off as a lightswitch. Tell me, prior to this season, how many Pro-Bowls has he made? One if im not mistaken, and that raises his total to a whopping 2. Favre has roughly 8. And for all you Vikings fans that never learned to count, 8 is bigger than 2. Keep trying, but none of this will make up for the fact that Green Bay made the playoffs, and the Vikings, well, didn't. Nice try, but you gotta do better than that.

NeoVikesTX
05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Just so you know, Duante Culpepper hasn't been in the playing nearly as long as Favre has, so obviously he is going to have more pro bowls. Packer fans, have fun living in the past, because your franchise is going downhill fast.
Nice picks webby!

ItalianStallion
05-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Yah you guys sure were impressive in the playoffs (cough), that is something to be proud of. Farve really showed his MVP form when he lobbed up that lame duck against Philly because he is afraid of getting hit, like so many times before. Didn't he throw 20-something INTs last year? Yah he really deserved to go to the Pro Bowl.

If you ever learned how to add you might have noticed that Farve is something like 7 years older than Culpepper and it is mathematically impossible for Culpepper to have gone to 8 Pro Bowls unless hes entered the league when he was 17 or something. I am sure Culpepper will get at least a few more , so don't use that stat to impress us. Pro Bowls generally go to players who name is most familiar rather than those who most deserve it.

triedandtruevikesfan
05-06-2004, 11:43 AM
There is no point trying to compare the 2... for 1. Daunte is still young... the fact that he has 2 pro bowl appearances this young I think says a lot. He's still young and he still makes mistakes... as does Favre... Daunte has a fumble problem... Favre has a interception problem. In my opinion... the time to compare the two would be after both their careers are over.

UTVikfan
05-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Wow, was that Farve in the pro bowl this year? Oh, no???? Shoot guess we will just move on. =D.

VIKE58
05-06-2004, 11:58 AM
"go_pack88" wrote:

You guys sure are clever. Those pictures really make up for the fact that Brett Favre is a good quarterback whereas Daunte Culpepper is about as on-and-off as a lightswitch. Tell me, prior to this season, how many Pro-Bowls has he made? One if im not mistaken, and that raises his total to a whopping 2. Favre has roughly 8. And for all you Vikings fans that never learned to count, 8 is bigger than 2. Keep trying, but none of this will make up for the fact that Green Bay made the playoffs, and the Vikings, well, didn't. Nice try, but you gotta do better than that. How many years was Farve in the NFL before he was at two Pro Bowls :?:

purplehorn
05-06-2004, 12:07 PM
"go_pack88" wrote:

lightswitch. Tell me, prior to this season, how many to a whopping 2. Favre has roughly 8. And for all you Vikings fans that never learned to count, 8 is bigger than 2. Keep trying, but none of this will make up for the fact that Green Bay made the playoffs, and the Vikings, well, didn't. Nice try, but you gotta do better than that.

Nice try pal Favre had 3 Pro Bowls not 8. I guess roughly 8 means
3 when you can't count- perhaps you could take your mittens off and try again.

josdin00
05-06-2004, 01:00 PM
"go_pack88" wrote:

You guys sure are clever. Those pictures really make up for the fact that Brett Favre is a good quarterback whereas Daunte Culpepper is about as on-and-off as a lightswitch. Tell me, prior to this season, how many Pro-Bowls has he made? One if im not mistaken, and that raises his total to a whopping 2. Favre has roughly 8. And for all you Vikings fans that never learned to count, 8 is bigger than 2. Keep trying, but none of this will make up for the fact that Green Bay made the playoffs, and the Vikings, well, didn't. Nice try, but you gotta do better than that.

Okay, in Culpepper's 5 years in the NFL, he is 1160 for 1843, a 62.9% completion percentage. He as a yards per attempt of 7.53, and a Passer Rating* of 87.951.

In Favre's first 5 years in the NFL, he was 1342 for 2150, a 62.4% completion percentage. He had a 6.9 yards per attempt, and a rating of 86.783.

(Favre, for his career has a 61.3 Comp Pct, a 7.06 YPA, and a 86.929 Rating)

Favre had 3 pro-bowl appearances to Culpepper's 2. One of those years, 1993, Favre was one of 5 QBs named to the NFC squad. I'm assuming the reason for the high number was that injury replacements were necessary. The site I pulled this info from did not distinguish between original selections, and injury replacements. In any case, Favre's 1993 season, when he was named to the pro-bowl, his stats were a little worse than Culpeppers 2002 season, his worst as a pro.

Favre 1993: 318/522 (60.9), 3303 yds (6.33 YPA), 19 TD, 24 INT for a 72.2 Rating.
Culpepper 2002: 333/549 (60.7), 3853 yds (7.02 YPA), 18 TD, 23 INT for a 75.3 Rating.

Conclusion: Culpepper, so far, is equal to or better than Farve was in his first 5 years.

*The NFL's Passer Rating formula takes into accout Completion percentage, Yards per attempt, TDs per attempt, and INTs per attempt.

howln4u
05-06-2004, 01:04 PM
The pics and posters are great. Can those be made available for download?

What is with the Gopack 88 dude. What a loser. Has nothing to say but old stats. Should we compare Tarkenton to Favre or Chris Carter to any packer WR in history.

Basically besides the SB when you look head to head the Pack and Vikings are tied. Each team has had its ups and down. The Vikings are going up as the Pack is heading down hill.

go_pack88
05-06-2004, 06:56 PM
The replies were going somewhat in your (by "your" i mean Vikings fans)favor until purplehorn decided to take a crack at it. After reading his post, I have officially decided that retardation is indeed hereditary among Vikings fans. Now, Favre has had awards, recognitions, and success come in sets of three in his career. For instance, he has won 3 League MVPs, he has been nominated to the last 3 Pro Bowls, and he and the Packers have made the playoffs for the past 3 years in a row. But this is where purplehorn went wrong: You claimed that Favre has made it to 3 Pro Bowls in his career, when in fact he has had 7! Now I will admit, i was off from my guess of roughly 8, but I do beleive that 7 is alot closer to 8 than 3 is. All of this information just goes to show that:

1) Your a dumbass
2) You can't count
3) YOU ARE A DUMBASS

Everyone can blame purplehorn for this, because it was his shitty reply that sparked it. Keep the insults coming, but you, like the Vikings, just won't win.

hawaiianvike21
05-07-2004, 01:52 AM
"go_pack88" wrote:

The replies were going somewhat in your (by "your" i mean Vikings fans)favor until purplehorn decided to take a crack at it. After reading his post, I have officially decided that retardation is indeed hereditary among Vikings fans. Now, Favre has had awards, recognitions, and success come in sets of three in his career. For instance, he has won 3 League MVPs, he has been nominated to the last 3 Pro Bowls, and he and the Packers have made the playoffs for the past 3 years in a row. But this is where purplehorn went wrong: You claimed that Favre has made it to 3 Pro Bowls in his career, when in fact he has had 7! Now I will admit, i was off from my guess of roughly 8, but I do beleive that 7 is alot closer to 8 than 3 is. All of this information just goes to show that:

1) Your a dumbass
2) You can't count
3) YOU ARE A DUMBASS

Everyone can blame purplehorn for this, because it was his shitty reply that sparked it. Keep the insults coming, but you, like the Vikings, just won't win.

OK firstoff, did farve win mvp and a superbowl in his first four years??? NO! The fifth doesn count because cully didnt do anything in his rookie year. Second you cant just say a group of viking fans with their own opinions are retarted and represent all viking fans. Thats like saying all cheeseheads are only rednecks. THeres more then just rednecks as fans in each organization.

THird horn probably meant that his first couple of years in the league for each qb. Hes not talking about both their entire careers because it wouldnt be fair since farve has been here forl like 12 years and cullys been in the league for only 5 years.

Watch how you talk huh??? We dont want to have to ban anyone if this gets to be out of hand.

VKG4LFE
05-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Just leave poor 88 alone, he can't help he is a stupid packer fan that feels he has to defend his overrated QB!! You give Daunte the defense that Favre had his SB year, and Daunte will win a title too! Too many people think it was all Favre, I think Reggie White and co. had a little something to do with it! That and the fact they beat the Patriots, led by Drew Bledsoe!!

purplehorn
05-07-2004, 09:30 AM
I can tell 88 is upset- he was gritting his tooth. As
far as the name calling; well when your IQ is
slightly below 10 it is to be expected. I think the
pictures hurt its little feelings.

triedandtruevikesfan
05-07-2004, 10:29 AM
"go_pack88" wrote:

1) Your a dumbass
2) You can't count
3) YOU ARE A DUMBASS

First of all before you start calling people a dumb a** why don't you read it fully? He was not saying that Favre only had 3 probowl appearances... he was comparing the first 5 years of each of their careers!!! No who looks like the idiot??

tlk23
05-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Where do you find these pictures.

go_pack88
05-09-2004, 04:48 PM
OOH! purplehorn trying to pull himself out of the hole he threw himself to in the first place, but still falling flat on his face. Nice one tooth referance, that was sure original. You have succeeded once again to prove all three points I listed in my last post, i don't think they bear repeating. Nice IQ referanceas well, you really got me there. The only thing I'm frustrated with is the disillusioned Vikings fans at this site. No one can seem to admit they aren't as good as Green Bay, so what do you do? Make up excuses and make fun of the better team. But has it worked so far? No, it hasn't. You people are amazing.

amavikesfan
05-09-2004, 05:49 PM
if you're so frusterated then leave. i'm sure the bears fans would bow down to your beloved packers. who can theyreally jump on? lmao! really, you're just here to start sh!t, and no one appreciates it. read some of los' posts if you want to get some respect on this site.

ItalianStallion
05-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Just how exactly does GB project to be better this season, they have done nothing. They had a weak draft and look to lose more than they gain in free agency (McKenzie). Minnesota had a great draft and picked up some key free agents.

Other than Ahman Green, I really don't see one position where you guys are better than us at. DE is arguable since KGB sucks against the run. Keep in mind that Bennett has potential to be better than Green and we have considerably more depth at RB.

So please, enlighten us on how Farve is currently a better QB than Culpepper, or Al harris is better than Winfield or how Roman is better than Chavous, Driver better than Moss, etc.

VKG4LFE
05-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Great points made Stallion!! I don't think there are any arguments that can possibly be made!! I'm sure someone will try though.

owensforpres
05-14-2004, 03:20 PM
i was gonna respond but stallion said it best so i'll leave it alone

cheesefree
05-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Favre is in the twilight of his career, you only had to watch the Packers barely win against the Seahawks and lose to the Eagles in the playoffs to see that. I'll take Daunte over a old washed up QB like Favre anyday.

packersnewmidgetcb
05-20-2004, 02:01 AM
"cheesefree" wrote:

Favre is in the twilight of his career, you only had to watch the Packers barely win against the Seahawks and lose to the Eagles in the playoffs to see that. I'll take Daunte over a old washed up QB like Favre anyday.

Hell I'll take Bear's new QB Grossman over Favre, it's the beginning of the end for ol' Brett 8)

(good to see ya, cheese!)

CrewJenks04
07-11-2004, 06:44 PM
midget, if you would take Grossman over Favre, your a moron. Plain and simple. By newmidget cb are you talking about Ahmad Carrol? If you are, I wonder if you have noticed that He is the same height as your new cornerback Antoine Winfield. Stallion, we project ourselves to be better this year just like we have every year that you guys have claimed to finally have the better team, and yet ended up choking.

CrewJenks04
07-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Oh, and actually Favre was voted into 8 pro bowls, not 3, not 7.