PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Midseason poll on Vikes

mrviking28
11-11-2005, 10:23 PM
1) What does the loss of Daunte Culpepper mean for the Vikings?
55.3% Brad Johnson will do fine, Culpepper was struggling anyway
23.1% They're officially done, even in the weak NFC North
21.6% It's just another blow, but they still could bounce back

2) Which statistic is most disturbing for the Vikings this season?
48.3% 25.9 points allowed per game
37.6% -8 turnover differential
14.1% 14 sacks in 8 games

3) Who/what is most to blame for Minnesota's struggles this season?
40.6% The coaches
39.2% The players
18.3% Loss of Randy Moss in offseason
1.9% Fallout from the sex boat scandal

4) What are your thoughts on head coach Mike Tice?
55.4% Fire him after the season
32.6% Fire him now
12.0% Bring him back next season

5) Which player has been the biggest disappointment this season?
81.8% Daunte Culpepper
8.8% Nate Burleson
6.5% Michael Bennett
2.9% Erasmus James

6) Who has been the Vikings' midseason MVP?
50.9% Mewelde Moore
45.7% Chris Kluwe
3.4% Daunte Culpepper

7) How would you grade the Vikings at midseason?
55.8% F
36.4% D
7.2% C
0.3% A WHAT?!?!?!?
0.2% B

8) How many games will the Vikings win this season?
50.9% 6-7
29.2% 5 or fewer
19.9% 8 or more

9) Will the Vikings make the playoffs?
75.0% No
25.0% Yes

josdin00
11-11-2005, 10:40 PM
"mrviking28" wrote:

32.6% Fire him now

I didn't realize that Tice had that big of a family.

mnvikes61
11-11-2005, 10:47 PM
7) How would you grade the Vikings at midseason?
55.8% F
36.4% D
7.2% C
0.3% A WHAT?!?!?!?
0.2% B
that doesn't suprise me at all with how we've been destroyed in all of our losses except for the Tampa game

gregair13
11-12-2005, 12:31 AM
yeah most of those i agree with, other than the fact that kluwe is for real our mvp.

sharper42
11-12-2005, 04:18 AM
i still think we can make a late push for the playoffs

Mr Anderson
11-12-2005, 04:29 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

yeah most of those i agree with, other than the fact that kluwe is for real our mvp.

Yeah every time he's on the field (a lot, too much actually) I chant M-V-P, M-V-P, M-V-P!

umaguma1979
11-12-2005, 04:34 AM
Kluwe is solid - I'm not so scared to watch the Vikings punt anymore. It's been a long time since we had a solid punter.....maybe Mitch berger.

akvikefan89
11-12-2005, 04:47 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

"mrviking28" wrote:

32.6% Fire him now

LOL :lol:

umaguma1979
11-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Whats strange, sad, but very interesting will to see this team without not only Moss but also Culpepper the rest of the way. The offense looked Ok against the Lions (afterall it was the Lions) and I am interested to see how BJ performs now that he has a W under his belt.

I know the team has endoured the effects of a magnitude of changes & obstacles this year, but sometimes I wonder if Culpepper was part of the problem as well. I mean I don't think he understands game management and I don't think its his fault. He has grown up under Denny and that magical offense we had in the late 90's early 00's where "we make a big play" everytime we have the ball.

It will be interesting.........perhaps we will realize how great a talent he really is and maybe Pep will become a better Qb taking a step back and observing for a while.

natethegreat
11-12-2005, 05:23 AM
6) Who has been the Vikings' midseason MVP?
50.9% Mewelde Moore
45.7% Chris Kluwe
3.4% Daunte Culpepper

no love for big pat, i would definately says he's our midseason MVP

bama_viking
11-12-2005, 06:49 AM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

sometimes I wonder if Culpepper was part of the problem as well. I mean I don't think he understands game management and I don't think its his fault.

Its not his fault. Daunte is only as good as the coach(es) he works with. No one on this forum can deny his physical skills, but we need to realize that he may not be that bright. It took him 2 tries to score high enough on his college entrance exams to get a scholarship to UCF. He may well have had study help to lift his scores, but to me that would confirm that he needs a good teacher figure to excell.

That and he needed some #@%$*^& protection from the line this year...

umaguma1979
11-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Yeah - I think you are right. DC is like Randall in more ways than one. Remember when Brian Billick used to tell Randall who would be open on a given play.

DeathtoDenny
11-12-2005, 08:44 AM
If we beat the Giants, I will start to wonder if it was Daunte's fault the offense was so terrible on the road.

Gift
11-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow..is that our punter with almost 50% of votes on the midseason mvp list...

/me hangs his head

VikingMike
11-12-2005, 05:50 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"mrviking28" wrote:

32.6% Fire him now

It's his family and the other teams who want him back.

Lotza
11-12-2005, 05:56 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"josdin00" wrote:

"mrviking28" wrote:

32.6% Fire him now

It's his family and the other teams who want him back.lmao true, true.

but i have a good feeling about tice in the second half of this season. i really do.

singersp
11-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I am one of those 12%. I still firmly believe the majority of the problems lie within Cotrell, Loney & the coaches below them.

Mike still hasn't worked with a good staff of coaches.

As I highlighted in an article I posted, Mike, Cotrell, Loney & the rest of his entire staffs salary combined is less the what 8 different head coaches in the NFL are making.

Doesn't that give you a indication as to the quality of staff he has.

V4L
11-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Yah i'm with ya too Singer.. I think he is a pretty good coach.. Just needs coaches who can make stops and make drives.. He is a good player coach and can be tough if he needs to be

culpeppers_vikes
11-12-2005, 06:54 PM
"Gift" wrote:

Wow..is that our punter with almost 50% of votes on the midseason mvp list...

/me hangs his head

HAHA, thats funny :lol:

culpeppers_vikes
11-12-2005, 06:56 PM
I dont think Tice is that bad, why should he get fired? i am going to stand by this firmly if we had Moss, Lenihan, Birk, we wouldnt be in this situation, and another question who in the world would we get to be the head coach??

singersp
11-12-2005, 07:01 PM
"culpeppers_vikes" wrote:

I dont think Tice is that bad, why should he get fired? i am going to stand by this firmly if we had Moss, Lenihan, Birk, we wouldnt be in this situation, and another question who in the world would we get to be the head coach??

Here we go AGAIN! :roll:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/canworms_logo.jpg

Caine
11-12-2005, 09:26 PM
I can't help it. Even two weeks after the injury, I can't help but feel that we have a better chance NOW of threatening for the NFCN than we did 3 weeks ago. As much as I have enjoyed watching Culpepper play, I still think that he's not as deep of a QB as we really need. I think the previous system -and previous receivers - made him better than he actually was.

Want proof?

Look at the Career Season stats for Randal Cunningham, Warren Moon, and Jeff George. All three of them had the best single seasons of their careers in Minnesota. We did for QB's what Denver does for RB's.

Now, that system, and the receivers that made it work, is gone. With those losses, we have had to change our style of play...and Daunte couldn't adjust. So, as much as I hate to say it, it might be wise to consider trying to get some value out of Culpepper now, while we can, and seek a Qb that thinks faster on his feet.

As for Tice...I too am one of those who doesn't blame him for our woes. I blame McCombs for bringing in a junky staff. I think Cotrell is one of the WORST DC's in the game, and I don't think Loney is ready to be an OC at all.

We could do worse than to keep Tice and bring in a REAL set of Coordinators (and associated staff)....but we likely won't. Look for Zygi to make a clean sweep of the Coaching staff for next season.

Caine

jessejames09
11-12-2005, 09:38 PM
"singersp" wrote:

I am one of those 12%. I still firmly believe the majority of the problems lie within Cotrell, Loney & the coaches below them.

As I highlighted in an article I posted, Mike, Cotrell, Loney & the rest of his entire staffs salary combined is less the what 8 different head coaches in the NFL are making.

Tice is the lowest paid coach in the nfl (im pretty sure), Doesn't that give you a indication as to the quality of coach he is.

singersp
11-12-2005, 09:44 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Tice is the lowest paid coach in the nfl (im pretty sure), Doesn't that give you a indication as to the quality of coach he is.

Nope. That's all Red was willing to pay. I didn't matter which coach got the job.

jessejames09
11-13-2005, 03:52 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Nope. That's all Red was willing to pay. I didn't matter which coach got the job.

Yeah so Red hired the cheapest coach available (Tice) and the cheapest staff available. You get what you pay for.

umaguma1979
11-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Caine - great post dude! I agree completely. Daunte is a playmaker and perhaps a driver of the car - but he is not a winner. Maybe in fantasy games he looks great - but I'll take Tommy Kramer in his prime over Daunte anyday.

singersp
11-13-2005, 05:49 AM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Yeah so Red hired the cheapest coach available (Tice) and the cheapest staff available. You get what you pay for.

Tice was promoted to head coach before the last game of the year & Red kept him as head coach. Had Tice gone 15-1 the next year, Red still would have only paid him 1 million.

If Dungy or Billechek been on the staff back then & Red had made one of them head coach, Red still would have only paid them 1 million.

Alls I'm saying is give Mike a chance with a decent coaching staff & then see what he can or can't do.

DemonicViking
11-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Long as he ain't doing shit like scalping tickets again.

vikeswin2005
11-13-2005, 03:20 PM
interesting