PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton says Vikes may pursue TO in the offseason

Jordan
11-10-2005, 01:22 AM
John Clayton a writer for ESPN said that depending on the new people in the front office we will have next year will depend if we pursue TO. I don't know about u guys but IF TO clears up his attitude i would love to have him as a minnesota viking.That's a big if though. No question he is 1 of the best receivers in the game right now. I just want u guys thoughts if TO was to become a viking.

magicci
11-10-2005, 01:24 AM
did u hit ur head?

cc21
11-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I say we sign him to a one year contract. He will win us games and possible take us to a superbowl. If he starts being stupid again then release his a$$. He could help us win games. He is the best receiver in the nfl IMO.

DemonicViking
11-10-2005, 01:25 AM
That's just a writer's opinion. As good as T.O. is, it's still not worth the headache, which I'm now getting when it comes to Owens.

midgensa
11-10-2005, 01:36 AM
I see a one year contract as a possibility. He is one of the top three or four WR in the league right now (Hard to argue he is better than Smith or Johnson the way they have dominated games). I don't know how I would feel though. I kind of like have characters like him on my teams ... I always loved Moss because whatever he did he came out and beat people's ass on game day ... I like having "villians" on my teams (I am a Giants fan in baseball so I have one of the biggest villians of all in Bonds.)

DemonicViking
11-10-2005, 01:42 AM
I like the villian kind as well, but you gotta draw a line somewhere, the guy causes too much trouble.

vikeswin2005
11-10-2005, 01:46 AM
well to is my fav player and vikes are my fav team BUT.................
even I have to draw the line here wow what was the reason we traded Moss again.....

PurplePeopleEaters
11-10-2005, 01:48 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

shawn
11-10-2005, 01:50 AM
T.O on this team, considering what has happened this season (the love boat) would be a huge mistake. Why would we get rid of Moss to sign this #@$%%&???

DemonicViking
11-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Does that mean no? as in.. no?

I shoulda worked at capitol one.. or something.

DemonicViking
11-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Just imagine TO getting into it with Mike Tice..

never underestimate the power of Tice' pencil.

magicci
11-10-2005, 02:04 AM
tice will have the entire vikings team backing him over TO

SWAYZE74
11-10-2005, 02:21 AM
well..anyone remeber the "addition by subtraction" we were fed lst year and alot of us..myself included bought into it...well i bet we could get TO pretty cheap...his value dropped like a rock...however the man can catch a ball and will free up Nate for all those crossing routes he lived off of when randy was here...granted TO had a bad attitude..but if the eagles woulda payed him..they coulda avoided alot of this mess...i say 1 year deal...maybe 2 tops...imho...TO is the second best WR next to randy...

DiehardVikesFan
11-10-2005, 02:21 AM
If we did pursue TO, there's no way he would take a one year deal.

sdvikefan
11-10-2005, 02:37 AM
I agree with Shawn...the last thing the Vikings need is to bring in someone who will make us a weekly headline for all the wrong reasons again.

It's interesting to me that there is no talk about TO going to a team like New England, who could also use his football talents...because the Pats would never consider making someone like TO a part of their franchise. They find other ways to win, and so should we.

VikingsTw
11-10-2005, 02:38 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Word!

vikesfan
11-10-2005, 02:50 AM
NO WAY!! Here's why:

The Eagles have always been a very, very highly respected and well run team. They make smart moves, have lots of "class" (despite what T.O. says), and are run like a top professional football organization. With all these things considered, T.O. still managed to single handedly rip this team apart. He completely tore them up. What in the world would he do to the Vikings organization if given a chance???? This guy is bad news, regardless of what numbers he puts up. He has caused problems for years. I have never been able to stand the guy, as he is the ultimate definition of selfish, greedy, and arrogant. With what has happened the last couple of weeks, he has even outdone himself. He has really gone over the top, proving that the ONLY thing this guy cares about is himself. The Vikes do not want this guy and I sure hope that they don't even consider trying to pursue him.

ultravikingfan
11-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Just another guy who gets paid to make crazy predictions.

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 02:57 AM
"magicci" wrote:

did u hit ur head?

I hit my head when I was 3 and that is how I became a Vikings fan. When I came to, I was sitting in front of the TV watching the Vikes play.

I would go after him, with a very descriptive contract stating the if he gets "mouthy," he will be home without pay. If he doesn't sign it, we don't sign him. It is that clear. Also, no scheduling interviews unless it is through the Vikings Front Office. Also, I would have a liason in the front office just for To. I know that some say we shouldn't have to babysit the guy. But if I could get him to sign a contract like that and keep him from playing for another team, it is a win win situation. TO doesn't do the off the field crap like fighting and getting drunk and DUI and and and. He just needs to show up and play ball and keep his mouth shut.

Fact is he won't want to sign it.

I don't think he will be here next year, but I would throw an offer at him. Heck if he was willing to sign it and live by it, to play for the Vikes, that would mean he wants to "play ball" with the the contract that would be good for him and for us.

TO
Burley
K-Rob
M-Rob
T-Roy
TT

We have some good WRs here, I don't know how we would even fit him on the team. It would be a slap in the face to Moss. But the Moss decision is on the hands of the old regime.

It wasn't even worth my time and effort to rationalize it cause it more than likely won't happen.

LuckyVike
11-10-2005, 03:32 AM
I'd be willing to risk it. T.O. is a force in this league, and a player who's talent I definately have a respect for. A player like him could really get this offense rolling.

vikinggreg
11-10-2005, 03:39 AM
Man I thought this was one of Cajun's joke/gotta posts, can't think of anything to add......but......NO! :banghead:

gregair13
11-10-2005, 03:40 AM
i dont want any part of that selfish piece of crap. he would only hurt us and rip us apart, not make us better. sure he has skill, but why would we want another headache to try and tame and then just get rid of him anyways. and i dont think we want to pay him the money he wants, nor have the room.

FuadFan
11-10-2005, 04:05 AM
I like listening to what John Clayton has to say and think he is a smart person but no way do I want to see Owens anywhere near the Vikings he is not like Koren who wanted to fix his life he is just a selfish man.

COJOMAY
11-10-2005, 04:20 AM
Hell, TO couldn't get past Wilf's new code of conduct without starting a fight. No possible way Wilf will have him in here.

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 04:26 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

i dont want any part of that selfish piece of crap. he would only hurt us and rip us apart, not make us better. sure he has skill, but why would we want another headache to try and tame and then just get rid of him anyways. and i dont think we want to pay him the money he wants, nor have the room.

Look at it this way. Injuries tore the Eagles apart, not TO. He was just a distraction. He was distracted by money and his selfishness.

The Eagles are still the Eagles. If they had some decent WR on their team, they could have afforded to drop TO earlier in the season. They should have traded him before the deadline. If they would have known then that it would get to this point.

The other thing, TO doesn't like losing, remember in SF. He was on a losing team on the decline. He was frustrated.

To sum it up, TO doesn't like to lose(nobody does), he wants to be paid with the highest paid player on the team, he has a better attitude when he is winning and paid.

I just don't think we have the room on the team also. Like I said before, I am all for entertaining offers, with the stipulations of a very stringent contract.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-10-2005, 04:28 AM
Woops... I thought this was the humor thread for the third time today. NO! We don't need this cancer on our team. REMEMBER OUR REASONING FOR GETTING RID OF MOSS. Moss is nowhere near as bad as T-Ho... no way Zygi will let this excuse for an NFL player taint our organization.. and if he does I am personally going to winter park and kicking his ass.

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 04:29 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Hell, TO couldn't get past Wilf's new code of conduct without starting a fight. No possible way Wilf will have him in here.

That is true, it will be hard, have you ever seen a camel get pushed through the eye of a needle?

BigEasyViking
11-10-2005, 04:30 AM
This is honestly the most obsurd thing that I have ever heard of! Isn't this the entire reason that we got rid of Randy? I remember that it was because he was a distraction and the team would be better off with out him. Now that Randy is gone we bring in TO who is the biggest distraction ever to play the game? Ludicrous, and if our front office would do something like this then they need to find new jobs because they aren't doing anything to help this team. If we were going to do anything like this I would rather have them bring Moss back as he is a better WR and not as much of a head case.

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 04:37 AM
"BigEasyViking" wrote:

This is honestly the most obsurd thing that I have ever heard of! Isn't this the entire reason that we got rid of Randy? I remember that it was because he was a distraction and the team would be better off with out him. Now that Randy is gone we bring in TO who is the biggest distraction ever to play the game? Ludicrous, and if our front office would do something like this then they need to find new jobs because they aren't doing anything to help this team. If we were going to do anything like this I would rather have them bring Moss back as he is a better WR and not as much of a head case.

Different Regime. Tice will be gone. Wilf wasn't part of it. Office guys might be gone too.

We might have a ton of guys in here next year that are clean of any doings in the Moss trade. The Moss trade was bull crap anyway you look at it, that is just my opinion. I would also rather have Moss back but............Moss isn't available.

TARKenton
11-10-2005, 04:38 AM
The NFLPA has asked the Eagles to release TO so he could sign with another team. As much of an ass he has been, he still wants to play badly. If the vikes came at him with a contract for the rest of the year i bet he would consider. He wont sign with a crummy team, he will want to find a team that has playoff aspirations. At this point Im willing to try anything to fire this team up. Maybe, TO could come in and get us going....Maybe.

Ltrey33
11-10-2005, 04:43 AM
EH HEM.....NO!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

akvikefan89
11-10-2005, 04:44 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

EH HEM.....NO!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

wurd :cool:

GreenBaySlackers
11-10-2005, 04:59 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

EH HEM.....NO!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

haha, I'm becoming a trend setter!

score 1 for GBS... my parents arent home, so party at my place!

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 05:02 AM
"TARKenton" wrote:

The NFLPA has asked the Eagles to release TO so he could sign with another team. As much of an jiggly butt he has been, he still wants to play badly. If the vikes came at him with a contract for the rest of the year i bet he would consider. He wont sign with a crummy team, he will want to find a team that has playoff aspirations. At this point Im willing to try anything to fire this team up. Maybe, TO could come in and get us going....Maybe.

Wow, that is a bold request. I don't think they will release him. They don't want him going to the Giants or the Panther, and I don't want him going there either. That is why you sign him then atleast we could rade him to the AFC. Oh, we already did something like that.

CynicalVike
11-10-2005, 05:32 AM
This team has had enough Public Relations problems lately. This organization needs to concern itself with regaining the publics belief and trust. Remember, they are trying to get a new stadium, and what happened on the boat set that effort back at least a year. Bringing a cancer like TO in at this time would be PR suicide. The people of Minnesota will never embrace a person like him as a member of this team. He might have game, but he has no public support, and public support is what this organization needs more than anything right now, and Zygi knows that!!

I personally wouldn't mind seeing him out of the game all together.

Vikes
11-10-2005, 06:37 AM
tempting but NO.....I would rather have Ricky Williams!

magicci
11-10-2005, 06:40 AM
besides we have no room for anymore recievers.

aceclown
11-10-2005, 06:47 AM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

akvikefan89
11-10-2005, 06:51 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

EH HEM.....NO!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

haha, I'm becoming a trend setter!

score 1 for GBS... my parents arent home, so party at my place!

LOL, Your famous :lol:

akvikefan89
11-10-2005, 07:43 AM
"He says he can play and he’s good. It’s not about if I can play with him, it’s if he can play with me and the way I play. This is my team, I run the ball more than other QBs and that would take away from his catches. If that works for him, he could be here. We’re about being a team. We don’t have selfish players here starting with me; we are a team. It would help to have him, but at the same time I feel like we have all the right pieces in place to be a winning football team"

-- Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on if Terrell Owens could play with Atlanta.

T.O. would destroy Atlanta :lol:

(or any other team for that matter)

RandyMoss8404
11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Hahahahaha

Two questions: Do you think this isn't EXACTLY how Eagles fans and management were talking when they took the chance on this nut?

#2: We only have one free wide receiver number right now. 84. Now what do you think of that?

digital420
11-10-2005, 09:04 AM
First off.. I don't see why because someone has a hot head, selfish ego, or even says malakias (bull$h1t) to the media that makes htem a bad guy..

blame the media more then the players!!

now as t.o goes yea he's got problems, he's not one for normality in his team. he likes the spot lite.. seems to me he's a heavier version of mo$$.. now why we got rid of mo$$ is another flushed toilit story.. and i'd rather get him back then take on a new problem child.. but.. if t.o was to agree to say wilf's newly created conduct code.. remain away from opening his big mouth before quoate happy media then i bet he would fall in luv with D.C.'s arm!! if you could put N.B, t.o, and T.W on wide outs.. mix up their patterns.. and toss in either T.T. or K.R/M.R we'll have once again the air striking offence.. with a more centerd run game, and hopefully M.B back next year would be one of suprisingly large stats..

course that's all imagination and hoping..

either way.. i like our squad, and i hope it continues to buld as it has so far this year.. we might not be where we wanted 2 be but the tam is coming together and that's th emost important part of the whole thing.. to play as a team.. now if t.o can't come in and join this TEAM.. then dig him a whole and dump in it as he'll be lost on the side of some qb who doesn' thave the arm to get him his many td's.

my 2cents

DiGiTaL

Paulbedy59
11-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Give me a minute to think about this one.Okay NO!!

akvikefan89
11-10-2005, 11:35 AM
People can say "Make T.O. do this, and agree to that" but he'll never ever change. Never. Ever. Not for any "conduct code" or "Follow these rules and everything will be fine" He won't behave just to have someone like Daunte throw to him (Whenever Daute comes back... :???: ), he had A Pro-Bowl QB (McNabb) throwing to him for two seasons and he still pulled this garbage. Wilf would never do this, cause he wants to make a "respectable franchise" and you can't have a respectable franchise if T.O. is part of it.

If I'm wrong, I'll treat everyone on here to a cyber pizza :cool:

:lol:

Lotza
11-10-2005, 01:12 PM
i actually think a one year contract might be a good idea.

Freya
11-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Absolutely not! Don't need him and can't afford the B.S.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Please think here. If we ever got TO we would first of all need a Hard-assed coach who has already gained the trust of the other players and management. If we brought in a new head coach (which we will do) it is likely that he will not have the trust of all of the players. TO doesn't have time to listen to people and will listen to the veteran players just as little as he listens to the head coach. If we bring this loser in he will bring down the organization like he did the 49ers.

SamDawg84
11-10-2005, 02:00 PM
if we got him, then y did we trade randy?

Prophet
11-10-2005, 02:03 PM
That is buying into the ridiculous notion that the Vikes are hurting this year because Moss is gone. It is the coaching. Bringing THo here would be many steps backwards rather than cleaning house with the coaching staff and building a real team that has chemistry and has a balanced attack.

Del Rio
11-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Honestly Wilf hasn't done anything to suggest he is above bringing TO in here.

I think if you say he can be changed or if you are flirting with the idea that he is not that bad, then you are fooling yourselves.

I think I'm fooling myself by thinking we are above going after him too. I bet damn near every team will want to take a shot at him. An obvious few will have nothing to do with him. Every single team probably has fans saying WHAT IF.

What if we brought TO in.
What if he changes.
What if........................

TARKenton
11-10-2005, 02:29 PM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

if we got him, then y did we trade randy?

We knew we needed to upgrade the defense. By unloading moss we freed up alot of cap room. Of course, our defense hasnt lived up to expectations but that could be cottrell. Just think, if we signed TO, it will be for nothing and we get to keep smoot, williams and sharper. I say pursue him. Give him a contract for the rest of the year. TO wants to play so he will not be in a position to negotiate. If he acts like an a$$, buh bye. Im sure at least for the rest of the year, TO will help our crummy offense.

BBQ Platypus
11-10-2005, 02:51 PM
John Clayton doesn't know any more about the Vikings' intentions than we do. Shut up, John Clayton. You suck. :bootyshake:

sunny
11-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I say sign him and put him on the O-line. Thats where we neeeeeed playmakers.

Mr. Purple
11-10-2005, 04:16 PM
well T.O. would be perfect here becuase we have become the Land of Misfit toys here in minnesota!!

In all honestly I would eat poop to get him on this team. (not really) but you get the point. I know he has a bad attitude, I know YOU might not like him, but g-damn hes insane!!

but I could care less if we dont get him, but if we do contact him I might shat my pants..

mrviking28
11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Now the NFLPA is trying to get the Eagles to cut T.O. so that he can still play for another team this season.

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
"digital420" wrote:

First off.. I don't see why because someone has a hot head, selfish ego, or even says malakias (bull$h1t) to the media that makes htem a bad guy..

blame the media more then the players!!

now as t.o goes yea he's got problems, he's not one for normality in his team. he likes the spot lite.. seems to me he's a heavier version of mo$$.. now why we got rid of mo$$ is another flushed toilit story.. and i'd rather get him back then take on a new problem child.. but.. if t.o was to agree to say wilf's newly created conduct code.. remain away from opening his big mouth before quoate happy media then i bet he would fall in luv with D.C.'s arm!! if you could put N.B, t.o, and T.W on wide outs.. mix up their patterns.. and toss in either T.T. or K.R/M.R we'll have once again the air striking offence.. with a more centerd run game, and hopefully M.B back next year would be one of suprisingly large stats..

course that's all imagination and hoping..

either way.. i like our squad, and i hope it continues to buld as it has so far this year.. we might not be where we wanted 2 be but the tam is coming together and that's th emost important part of the whole thing.. to play as a team.. now if t.o can't come in and join this TEAM.. then dig him a whole and dump in it as he'll be lost on the side of some qb who doesn' thave the arm to get him his many td's.

my 2cents

DiGiTaL

Good Post!! All of it. Some good one liners too.

Big C
11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Ain't gonna happen. We traded away the most talented reciever in the NFL to build a team spirit. Bringing in a headcase that's twice as bad and half as talented as Moss does not contribute to this.

Additionally, Wilf won't allow it. Not after what's happened so far this season.

Also, is it just me, or isn't our front office a rather solid bunch? We have drafted very well and signed free agents very well. The weak link is the coaching. The talent is there. Isn't bringing the talent the front offices main job?

tastywaves
11-10-2005, 04:54 PM
There's only a handful of quarterback's out there strong enough to deal with TO (and they don't play for the Vikes). One of those teams will end up with him. Anywhere else and its another disaster.

thepacksux
11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
"tastywaves" wrote:

There's only a handful of quarterback's out there strong enough to deal with TO (and they don't play for the Vikes). One of those teams will end up with him. Anywhere else and its another disaster.

just remember brad put up with keyshaun in tampa

JDogg926
11-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I can't stand the guy, but could see this happening.

ItalianStallion
11-10-2005, 05:22 PM
I find it hard to believe Zygi would want another player with obvious character problems.

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I find it hard to believe Zygi would want another player with obvious character problems.

A agree with what Del said, basically, Zygi hasn't done anthing as far as code of conduct that we have seen. People seemed to forget that he was going to suspend people or atleast implied it. Now it is all forgotten.

Talk Talk Talk

He is conderned about his money and his stadium. If I had that much money invested, I would have been mad about it also. I would have done and said anything to protect it. Whatever he said wasn't hurting anyone, it was to help quell the which burning.

CynicalVike
11-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Can you even imagine the reputation the Vikes would get if we had both TO and Smoot talking smack about our opponents each week!

UFFFFDA!! No thanks!

Jviking
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
We have anough issues trying to find our "identity", the last thing that we need is this jack on our roster. No thanks.

josdin00
11-10-2005, 05:54 PM
WilliamsonOfTroy

I was looking at your bottom sig, and trying to figure out, what exactly is "veteran leadershiop".

CanadaViking
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Not going to happen, and if it does I will be going to Scheels to buy a new jersey and not a TO jersey!!!

I have only hated a few atheletes in my sports watching days, and TO is the one I hate most!! He has no concern for fans, teammates, the opposition, or the people that sign his cheques. I have never seen TO give a ball to a kid in a wheel chair or give anything back to anyone for that matter.

As far as the Moss thing goes and how it was from a previous regime, I do not buy it, Zygi and his group were in negotiations prior to the trade, if they wanted Randy to stay that could have been a stipulation in the sale of the team. I do not believe that it was, as the sale was made, however for this team and it's brass to bring in TO, would make every single Moss fan lose their noodles, me included!

I am not whing about the trade, but if they were to bring in this a$$clown, I would then be ultra pissed off! I like the idea of having players that are respectable of their owners, their coaches, and especially their fans, and sorry folks (IMO) TO is the biggest jerk in sports hands down.

And another thing to all those that say the media has drummed all of this up, what are you smokin', TO is the most selfish player of all the major sports today, yesterday, and into the future.

I mean this whole contract thing is absolutely absurd, he signed on the dotted line after NFLPA said "don't do it", so I have been taught that if you make your bed you sleep in it!! For any fan to feel bad for TO and his predicament, think to yourself, what would you do to be a pro athelete?
I would give my left nut to be on a practise roster for one day, just to know what it feels like. I know that these comparisons are stupid, but really, we all love the sport and are enamoured with it, and guys liek TO smear pooh on the wlll for every fan.

I wish there were more atheltes like Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Ladainian Tomlinson, and so on, these guys made plays and exceeded the normal for having crazy talent. All in all these guys performed to the best of human talent and above that they respected the game and everything that goes with it!!

So I guess NO would be my answer!!

Cheers!!

vikes&hawks4life
11-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Moss is an Angel compared to TO. I think any team would be crazy to EVER give him anything more than a one year deal.

cajunvike
11-10-2005, 06:57 PM
The only chasing after T-HO that I would be willing to do is to chase his sorry butt outta the TC if he even showed up there trying to get a job with the Vikings!

GET LOST, CRYBABY T-HO!!!

Caine
11-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I didn't bother reading all 5 pages of replies...and I'm sure this one will be passed over by many, but...

I wouldn't take Owens if he was willing to play for FREE!!!!

He's an accident waiting to happen. Look what he did to the Eagles in just one season!?!?!?!?! Ability be damned, there are some things you simply don't do, and some things you simply don't say, and he doesn't have a clue as to what those are.

Nothing is ever HIS fault. His quarterback is either gay (Garcia) or tired (McNabb). He's not getting his touches because the OC and the QB are conspiring. He didn't get a ticker-tape parade because the Eagles aren't "Classy".

NEWS FLASH!!!! OWENS, YOU AREN"T CLASSY EITHER!!!!

I don't want this guy anywhere near our franchise. Sure, he brings catches and yards, but he also brings turmoil and disaster. It isn't worth the tradeoff.

People ragged Moss for the things he did, yet Randy never did anything remotely as destructive as what TO does. Oddly enough, Randy gets villified while TO is simply "a competitor". I'll take Randy any day over TO.

Nope, let TO ruin someone else's team. Mark my words, wherever he goes, once they falter a little bit, TO will be back to his old antics. He doesn't understand the "Team" concept. All he knows is that he's underappreciated and under paid...even when he most assuredly isn't.

Personally, I think the smartest move teams could make would be to let TO rot. After a season away, he'll be a non-story...kind of like Maurice Clarett.

Caine

DemonicViking
11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1131602282109930.xml&coll=1

A rotten apple in the big apple?

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 07:55 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1131602282109930.xml&coll=1

Wow, I was totally wrong about Edwards. I thought they are going to be so Cap impaired that they weren't able to do much this offseason. They would have to ditch some players I think???

They really need to get a different QB. They had a Moss that they traded away, that is playing well. They have made some stupid moves. Let them have TO. Just so long as he doesn't end up in ATL or NYG.

Just goes to show what I said b4, he will have offers. Just need to wait for the cloud of negativity to disappear.

DemonicViking
11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Owens will then be ragging on Pennington for not getting the ball deep enough to him and make the NY media crazy as well, I love the idea of all that.

tarkenton10
11-10-2005, 08:01 PM
What in the world are some of you guy ssmokin' cause I could sure use some!!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding that you would want t. o. on this team. We just let Moss go because of his actions and t. ho. is twice as bad. Randy may have had some off the field problems but almost to a man the team liked Randy. HE DIDN'T GET INTO ANY FIST FIGHTS WITH TEAMMATES THAT IS FOR SURE. :twisted:

t. ho. is not worth the divisiveness he brings with his talent. People just don't learn. Wasn't he suppose to be the missing piece of the puzzle in Philly. Instead he was just a piece of sh*t. Philly regretted signing him and I will bet the next team to sign him will regret it also. All you guys wanting him will be hating him when he is dissing DC and causing mayhem in the locker room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

StillPurple
11-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Word !! :shock:

Num1mossfan
11-10-2005, 09:04 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

I say we sign him to a one year contract. He will win us games and possible take us to a superbowl. If he starts being stupid again then release his a$$. He could help us win games. He is the best receiver in the nfl IMO.

Your a idiot Moss is the best

DemonicViking
11-10-2005, 09:18 PM
He's entitled to his opinion, you don't have to agree with it, but if you're gonna be a d-ick about it then don't say nothing at all.

cajunvike
11-10-2005, 09:32 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

T-HO...on "American Self-Idol" singing:

"One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, Reid...(ohhh)
Give me one more chance before you give up on me!"

Reid responds: :boohoo:

SWAYZE74
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
"magicci" wrote:

besides we have no room for anymore recievers.

haha what WR do we have that is better then TO..forget the "off-field comments" of TO...just go by his performance on the field...i think one could get cut if we were to get TO...

peace...

SamDawg84
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
i know another thing people can call to, "tired out" lol get it?

snowinapril
11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

HE DIDN'T GET INTO ANY FIST FIGHTS WITH TEAMMATES THAT IS FOR SURE. :twisted:

Hugh Douglas isn't on the Eagles roster. He was just in the training room???

What is up with that?

Am I correct? He was the one that was in the fight with TO?

tarkenton10
11-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't know if I would call him an idiot, if you look at the stats t. ho. has more yards and TDS. I think WHEN MOSS IS HEALTHY he is the best in football. But over the last two years it is hard to compare the two; Moss is often injured and t. ho is healthy. I would say they are both talented and very stupid individuals!!!

TARKenton
11-10-2005, 10:46 PM
"CynicalVike" wrote:

Can you even imagine the reputation the Vikes would get if we had both TO and Smoot talking smack about our opponents each week!

UFFFFDA!! No thanks!

At least TO can back it up. Smoot runs his mouth and then ends up holding it by halftime cause he got smacked on the field. Like i said earlier, sign TO for the rest of the year and see what happens. At the first sign of trouble, kick him to the curb.

Lotza
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
wilf won't let happen though

TARKenton
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Look at it this way. If he does get released (an arbitrator will rule on this on the 15th), if we dont go after him, green bay might. We have already seen what stud receivers do to us (c johnson, s smith). You really want to deal with TO in green bay twice a year? me either.

Del Rio
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm not sold on Wilf yet. He has a lot of work to do before he earns anything IMO.

Saying the right things, and doing the right things are two different things.

Having to put up with the worst owner ever, would make anything look good, we'll see what kind of guy he is when he actually starts doing something.

Mr. Purple
11-10-2005, 11:08 PM
I have to disagree with you on that tarkenton, becuase smoot does infact back up just not in a flashy way. Did you see the bucs Number 1 D ( might have changed) get owned bye him?(steve smith) I sure did, they put 2 guys on him and he still owned them. If you watched the detroit game you saw what smoot does. He makes for sure tackles and stops.

twilliamson1914
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I woud sing him a one year deal and if he does good and leads us to the playoffs, gie him the long term deal

mnvikesfan11
11-10-2005, 11:29 PM
I say we sign him in a heartbeat it would be nice to have that alite receiver in minny again.

tarkenton10
11-11-2005, 12:24 AM
TARKenton, I wish you had done something a little different with your name. I have seen several posts where I think I didn't write that and then realize it is you who they are referring to. I know he was a great player and you want his name but I happpened to have had it, sorry.

snowinapril
11-11-2005, 12:27 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm not sold on Wilf yet. He has a lot of work to do before he earns anything IMO.

Saying the right things, and doing the right things are two different things.

Having to put up with the worst owner ever, would make anything look good, we'll see what kind of guy he is when he actually starts doing something.

You would think that putting up with the worst owner ever, would have made us more skeptical about anything that comesout of an owners mouth.

We want to believe so bad that we are just taking his word for it. Like you said, he hasn't done anything yet.

snowinapril
11-11-2005, 12:29 AM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

TARKenton, I wish you had done something a little different with your name. I have seen several posts where I think I didn't write that and then realize it is you who they are referring to. I know he was a great player and you want his name but I happpened to have had it, sorry.

You had the name first?

or

You had it with the TO talk?

midgensa
11-11-2005, 12:57 AM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

I don't know if I would call him an idiot, if you look at the stats t. ho. has more yards and TDS. I think WHEN MOSS IS HEALTHY he is the best in football. But over the last two years it is hard to compare the two; Moss is often injured and t. ho is healthy. I would say they are both talented and very stupid individuals!!!

Very good point. There is no doubt Moss' early career is the greatest ever, but the last two years (on pace for less than 1100 yards and less than 10 TDs this season) have definitely dampered his "TOP of the league talk" While TO has still been absoultely dominant, even with an injury more severe than any of Moss'. As well as the jumps of Steve Smith and Chad Johnson to top of the league status with Torry Holt, it is hard to argue that Moss is the best receiver in the game anymore. He just does not have the numbers. He has all the talent in the world, but for all the "loafing" arguments and the tic-tac injuries ... he does not seem to be the Moss of old ... I also think he looks like he is not as excited on the field in Oakland like he was everytime he took the field in the purple, but maybe that is just a biased opinion.

cajunvike
11-11-2005, 01:02 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"tarkenton10" wrote:

Very good point. There is no doubt Moss' early career is the greatest ever, but the last two years (on pace for less than 1100 yards and less than 10 TDs this season) have definitely dampered his "TOP of the league talk" While TO has still been absoultely dominant, even with an injury more severe than any of Moss'. As well as the jumps of Steve Smith and Chad Johnson to top of the league status with Torry Holt, it is hard to argue that Moss is the best receiver in the game anymore. He just does not have the numbers. He has all the talent in the world, but for all the "loafing" arguments and the tic-tac injuries ... he does not seem to be the Moss of old ... I also think he looks like he is not as excited on the field in Oakland like he was everytime he took the field in the purple, but maybe that is just a biased opinion.

Which is why he should lobby to get traded back to Minnesota...I think that BOTH sides have learned their lessons...time to let them play together again! I WISH!!! :grin:

ejmat
11-11-2005, 01:20 AM
No doubt TO is a very good player but would I want him on my team? Let's see.....He complains about McNabb, a QB that has taken his team from 3-13 to 4 straight NFC Championship games and a SuperBowl. He has more receptions and yardage he ever had before and he still complains. No I don't want him on my team. I don't care if we have 3 wins without him. He complains about Reid, one of the best coaches in the league. Can you imagine how he would break down our team?

I'm all for bettering our team but is TO worth it? If he shuts up and has specific clauses in his very low one year contract stating if his contract is in any way detrimental to the team he gives up any bit of money he would have earned. Also, he would have to get rid of Rosendick as an agent.

COJOMAY
11-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Zygi hasn't done anthing as far as code of conduct that we have seen. People seemed to forget that he was going to suspend people or atleast implied it. Now it is all forgotten.

Talk Talk Talk

The "Code Of Conduct" hasn't even be fully written yet. They are meeting this week in NJ to put some finishing touches on it.

Nothing has been released officially from the police on the "party" so nothing can nor should be done with that.

Don't worry. Zygi is working and he will back up his words. And his final word will be "NO T.O."

snowinapril
11-11-2005, 01:43 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Zygi hasn't done anthing as far as code of conduct that we have seen. People seemed to forget that he was going to suspend people or atleast implied it. Now it is all forgotten.

Talk Talk Talk

The "Code Of Conduct" hasn't even be fully written yet. They are meeting this week in NJ to put some finishing touches on it.

Nothing has been released officially from the police on the "party" so nothing can nor should be done with that.

Don't worry. Zygi is working and he will back up his words. And his final word will be "NO T.O."

You bet your ass they don't want anything to show up "officially" then they don't have to officially do anything about it. I wouldn't want to have to deal with it. Crap I have pretty much forgotten that it even happened, thanks to TO and the Steroids issue. :lol: I have a short attention span. :roll:

Freya
11-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Whatever happens I sincerely hope T. O. doesn't end up here.

jhirchak1
11-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Vikings need to continue to pursue the "TEAM" trend. They took a big step in doing that when they let Moss go. How many individuals do you see on the Patriots...or the Colts....? Not to say they don't have superstars, but you can be a superstar and still be a team player. TO has very rarely shown this at any point in his career. Granted, during the games (like Moss) he seems to be a team player, but off the field he is completely destructive to unity.

vikes09
11-11-2005, 03:04 AM
i really WOULD like T.O. i dont know why im saying this, but i think a big problem was that espn!!! they would post 10,000 articles and who knows how many espn vids on it. T.O. was actually doin pretty well til he got drew. a one year deal would most likely happen if we got him.

jhirchak1
11-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Don't forget about the incident in Dallas though. Notice also, most of the time you see him catch a touchdown he doesn't run back and hug his teammates or his o-line. If he could hug himself....he would

Grassdog61
11-11-2005, 04:32 AM
This TO speculation is ridiculous. Re-building our offensive line should be number one priority, not chasing some WR that creates controversy wherever he goes.

FuadFan
11-11-2005, 04:39 AM
I don't know about that the current O-line is starting to gel together even if Fonoti does get healthy whenever that will happen he may not be able to have any spot open for him on the line.

fourdoorchevelle
11-11-2005, 04:45 AM
"Num1mossfan" wrote:

how eloquent , thought out and insiteful. i thank you for such a great post . you sir , are a gift to society . thank you for such intelligent debate.

TARKenton
11-11-2005, 04:54 AM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

As much as you want his name on this site....My first and middle name is Thomas Tarkenton, yes my father gave me that name when i was born in 1976, right in the middle of the great viking teams of the 70s. I was born to love the vikes and i will carry the Tarkenton name with me always and love it. Notice that i put empathis on the TARK, as that is my nick name. So if you want, just call me Tark and we wont have to share the same name. I dont just want his name, I have his name. Thank you for playing.

Lotza
11-11-2005, 04:57 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

"Num1mossfan" wrote:

how eloquent , thought out and insiteful. i thank you for such a great post . you sir , are a gift to society . thank you for such intelligent debate.

hahah :lol: :lol: :lol: you tell 'em fourdoor!

snowinapril
11-11-2005, 05:09 AM
"jhirchak1" wrote:

Don't forget about the incident in Dallas though. Notice also, most of the time you see him catch a touchdown he doesn't run back and hug his teammates or his o-line. If he could hug himself....he would

"Terrel Owens" wrote:

"I am going to love me some me"

snowinapril
11-11-2005, 05:21 AM
"Grassdog61" wrote:

This TO speculation is ridiculous. Re-building our offensive line should be number one priority, not chasing some WR that creates controversy wherever he goes.

That is what I said last year for the draft, but everyone and the Vkings decided to go WR and DE and then Marcus Johnson.

I think the O line will be fine when healthy.

Rosey
Fowler or Johnson
Birk
Fonoti
McKinnie

We also have high hope for Herrera as a back up for next year. I thought that he might be ready this year.

The O line won't be fixed unless Fonoti gets in a position to make a contribution. There are no more moves to make, the trade deadline is over.

The one thing to think about is that former Teamates of TO in San Fran stuck up for him today. Even a few of the Eagle players had good things to say about TO.

TO, like Moss, pissed off the wrong person and now they are gone.

Mr. Purple
11-11-2005, 05:34 AM
maybe im crazy but did our O-line play ALOT better last week, hell they played really good. wanna know why? the offensive line had alot of changes happen suddenly just like the defense and just like the defense it needs time to gell and work together. Over the past couple weeks if you really watch them, you can see them playin smarter football. With a healthy birk returning next year and a later round draft pick I think our O-line will be fine. We need some better LB's and a offensive threat to replace 84.

DemonicViking
11-11-2005, 05:37 AM
I'm still glad we got Williamson instead of Williams, he should get better as time goes on.

Mr. Purple
11-11-2005, 05:38 AM
yep me 2 I really like how williamson is developing. Him and Brad are pretty close after working alot together in the off-season.

DemonicViking
11-11-2005, 06:09 AM
I knew you'd agree with that, I don't know why.............

I just....... did, ha.

twilliamson1914
11-11-2005, 06:22 AM
I say...

Get Owens

Dump Taylor, Marcus Robinson
#1 Owens
#2 Burleson
#3 Williamson
#4 K-Rob

CynicalVike
11-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Signing Owens would be the biggest mistake Zygi could ever make, from a business stand point.

As an owner he has to be concerned with the public's perception of his organization. If he wants to have any hope of getting a new stadium, the last thing he will do is sign that guy. The people of the state of Minnesota have had their fill of this team and its players creating headlines for their behavior. First Moss, then the still unfinished "Love Boat" escapade, and you guys want to bring in T.O.!!! That guy has game, but he isn't going to welcomed here in this state. Forget about it!! More than half the voters in this state would rather loose the team than build them a new stadium, and signing T.O. sure as he!! won't make things any better, just the opposite actually.

T.O. would be a bigger cancer for this organization than Moss or Denny Green or anyone ever in its history.

akvikefan89
11-11-2005, 10:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/051110

Good article.

SWAYZE74
11-11-2005, 12:21 PM
have any of you noticed this...the total lack of any eagles players coming to mcnabb's defense in all of this "mess"...thats cause the team knows w/o TO they aint gonna do jack...not in that division..thier little run of 4 straight NFC championship games just walked out the door with TO...like it or not TO is a gamebreaker...heck...i cant even name the #2 and #3 WR on that team...the eagles coulda saved themselves a big ol headache if they woulda paid him...i know i know...he signed a contract and all that BS...however...just think how the last super bowl woulda turned out if TO didnt play..hmmm...how many yards did TO have? he coulda just packed it up for the rest of the year after his injury and left them out to dry but he didnt...he busted his arse and rehabed to play in the big game...

and for his TD celebration stuff...who cares...i like entertainment... i dont see many of you beefing when CJ does his riverdance or whatever it is this week...if he gives the O-line props on the sideline thats all that counts...

peace...

SamDawg84
11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
chad johnson is awesome! lol, i wish we had him. he has to be the funnyest wide reciver

ultravikingfan
11-11-2005, 02:27 PM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

chad johnson is awesome! lol, i wish we had him. he has to be the funnyest wide reciver

So...we are judging him by how funny he is? :lol:

COJOMAY
11-11-2005, 03:21 PM
thats cause the team knows w/o TO they aint gonna do jack...not in that division..thier little run of 4 straight NFC championship games just walked out the door with TO

I have NEVER known a team that won with just one outstanding player. Sure, they help, but one player is never the making of a great team. I'm thinking the Vikings thought they could hang this year on the arm of Daunte and they were sure proved wrong. Just goes to show if you put all your eggs in one basket you are gonna take a tumble and all the eggs are gonna break! The Eagles problems go far beyond TO just as the Viking problems go far beyond Daunte.

Freya
11-11-2005, 03:26 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Good article.

Very good. Straight up right.

snowinapril
11-11-2005, 03:38 PM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

have any of you noticed this...the total lack of any eagles players coming to mcnabb's defense in all of this "mess"...thats cause the team knows w/o TO they aint gonna do jack...not in that division..thier little run of 4 straight NFC championship games just walked out the door with TO...like it or not TO is a gamebreaker...heck...i cant even name the #2 and #3 WR on that team...the eagles coulda saved themselves a big ol headache if they woulda paid him...i know i know...he signed a contract and all that BS...however...just think how the last super bowl woulda turned out if TO didnt play..hmmm...how many yards did TO have? he coulda just packed it up for the rest of the year after his injury and left them out to dry but he didnt...he busted his arse and rehabed to play in the big game...

and for his TD celebration stuff...who cares...i like entertainment... i dont see many of you beefing when CJ does his riverdance or whatever it is this week...if he gives the O-line props on the sideline thats all that counts...

peace...

Ya, I noticed that. But I think that it is the clippit's and snippit's that you are hearing that the media is showing us. McNabb made the statement that you are with or against. He is the Franchise Guy, he is the QB, he is the leader. It wasn't just McNabb, Reid and the higher ups got sick of it too.

As far as the contract, he got his market value when he signed it. He was content with that when he signed it. It is partly Rosey's fault for feeding a mental midget like TO the inkling that he should hold out. TO tried it, felt slapped in the face when they wouldn't accomodate, and then acted out like a little child.

I think that the Eagles situation is played out. They treated him a certain way and they got what they deserved. But I think a new contract, with a new team pretty much guarantees a good year from TO, possibly two.

snowinapril
11-11-2005, 03:59 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Good article.

Bayless is right on many points.

TO does need counseling.

The only thing that will hurt Owen's new team is the ripping of the QB. The one thing that I thought happened in both of those QB fueds was they threw the ball to him to shut his ass up. He still wouldn't shut up, but he was performing.

Truth is we don't need TO, we have some good WRs, but I just hate thinking he could end up on another NFC team, especially a contender.

tarkenton10
11-11-2005, 04:22 PM
That's great that you were named Tarkenton but that doesn't mean you have to use the name. Obviously I am not named Tark but it is my name on this site. So you were named that by your father that doesn't mean you the right to that name. I have been on this site for almost a year and a half and have used that name for that time. Obviously you can do what you want but when someone already has a name on this board it gets confusing when someone uses almost the exact same name. Common curteousy would be to find another name. Thank you for Playing!!!

ejmat
11-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Again, I don't think anyone doubts TOs abilities. Remember this McNabb and the Eagles got to 4 straight NFC Championships. All 4 without TO. I'm not saying they are a better team without him. However what TO did broke this team's chemistry. They went from a super power to a mediocre team. This guy is a cancer plain and simple. Would I like his talent on the team? Yes! To me it's not worth breaking the chemistry. I believe this team can gel and play well together. I would be afraid TO would ruin any chances that has. He is a narcissistic player only out for himself. He has proved that over and over again. Yes he plays hard but it's for his own recognition. That's it. As far as I'm concerned, the Vikings have enough PR problems right now without him. Let's not make it worse.

mfenlon
11-11-2005, 04:42 PM
The last thing we need is another CANCER on this team.....
What we need is a coach that demands discipline...........
What we need is a line that can stay healthy...
What we need is a secondary.....
Anyone with me???

Ltrey33
11-11-2005, 04:56 PM
"TARKenton" wrote:

"tarkenton10" wrote:

As much as you want his name on this site....My first and middle name is Thomas Tarkenton, yes my father gave me that name when i was born in 1976, right in the middle of the great viking teams of the 70s. I was born to love the vikes and i will carry the Tarkenton name with me always and love it. Notice that i put empathis on the TARK, as that is my nick name. So if you want, just call me Tark and we wont have to share the same name. I dont just want his name, I have his name. Thank you for playing.

"tarkenton10" wrote:

That's great that you were named Tarkenton but that doesn't mean you have to use the name. Obviously I am not named Tark but it is my name on this site. So you were named that by your father that doesn't mean you the right to that name. I have been on this site for almost a year and a half and have used that name for that time. Obviously you can do what you want but when someone already has a name on this board it gets confusing when someone uses almost the exact same name. Common curteousy would be to find another name. Thank you for Playing!!!

Maybe I want the name Tarkenton. I have more posts and have been here longer than both of you. :grin:

ejmat
11-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Hell, let's all have the name Tarkington. I'll be Tarkington26. I'm just kidding.

magicci
11-11-2005, 08:14 PM
"twilliamson1914" wrote:

I say...

Get Owens

#1 Owens
#2 Burleson
#3 Williamson
#4 K-Rob
do not get rid of marcus or taylor when we get troy williamson fully developed they will be great depth at reciever. we are currently also one of the most reciever rich team but for some reason its not puttin out.

tarkenton10
11-11-2005, 08:30 PM
butyou haven't had the name longer!! Try again!! I wanna be Ltrey33

SWAYZE74
11-12-2005, 03:57 AM
"mfenlon" wrote:

The last thing we need is another CANCER on this team.....
What we need is a coach that demands discipline...........
What we need is a line that can stay healthy...
What we need is a secondary.....
Anyone with me???

well...i seem to remember another "cancer" we had on this team...jeff george...he seemed to do pretty good...

peace...

viks_fan21
11-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Wow, would that suck to get T.O. He has an attitude and would mess up the development of our young players such as Nate Burleson, Koren Robinson, and Troy Williamson(all of whom are <25)

stek
11-12-2005, 04:15 AM
With daunte in...Robinson actually looked like our best reciever for a couple weeks.

He's someone we should not get rid of.

umaguma1979
11-12-2005, 04:39 AM
Vikes don't need receivers......next year we will need possibly O-lineman, interior defensive lineman, linebackers, & well you can never have enough good DBs.

Rookie444
11-12-2005, 04:50 AM
"magicci" wrote:

"twilliamson1914" wrote:

I say...

Get Owens

#1 Owens
#2 Burleson
#3 Williamson
#4 K-Rob
do not get rid of marcus or taylor when we get troy williamson fully developed they will be great depth at reciever. we are currently also one of the most reciever rich team but for some reason its not puttin out.

i agree. why the hell would u get rid of taylor (after you just picked him up and he is an excellent route runner), and marcus??????? he's got the height advantage on most db's and has great hands. we do not want/need owens, if so, that will just piss me off even more with the moss trade. why did we get rid of moss???? 2 reasons, open up the salary cap and relieve the tension in the locker room. with to it will be any "randy ratio" and to will just piss our players off more and more. dumb call dude.

collegeguyjeff
11-15-2005, 07:29 AM
and this is why your rank is only rookie on here.

ejmat
11-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Our receivers are fine. We don't need changes there unless they continue to drop passes like they did against the Giants. We need a stud linebaker and probably a QB (as much as I hate to admit it). I will say that we won this last game by special teams and defense but one key factor was Johnson didn't put the ball on the ground and throw to the other team. Not trying to diss Pep but personally I think Johnson is better at reading blitzes and hanging on to the rock.

Mr. Purple
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
We still need a play making WR IMO. I love all our WR's and we're very deep in that area but we dont have a Big Game-Play Making WR. Hopefully someone will develope or we'll get one in the draft/FA.

ejmat
11-15-2005, 06:32 PM
I agree we need a big play person. Can't argue that. I do think Burleson and Williamson have that capability. We need time to throw to them. What I said earlier is a LB or a QB. We may need OL if the ones we have don't pan out. That's a question that will be determined later. I think once everyone is healthy we get rid of Rosenthal. IMO he sucks.

mnvikes61
11-15-2005, 06:34 PM
i personally like the offense we have been putting out there week to week. we don't really have a bomber anymore but if you can constantly drive down the field you can burn out their defense and keep their offense off the field.

also Williamson will be a bomber for us next season i believe after he gets more comfortable.

ThaSuperFreak33
11-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey without Randy we still had the most headlines in the NFl with the Love Boat and other off and on field incidents this year.

DCPologirl
11-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Anyway it makes zippo sense that we would get rid of Randy and pick up TO. And I think the Eagles are vying for us with the headline thing.

Rookie444
11-16-2005, 12:44 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

and this is why your rank is only rookie on here.

wtf are u talkin about?????????????

jimmymac
11-16-2005, 12:49 AM
On ESPN right now they're talking to Randy Moss about his reaction if T.O. became a Raider.

See it Sunday morning on ESPN.

cajunvike
11-16-2005, 12:51 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

I agree we need a big play person. Can't argue that. I do think Burleson and Williamson have that capability. We need time to throw to them. What I said earlier is a LB or a QB. We may need OL if the ones we have don't pan out. That's a question that will be determined later. I think once everyone is healthy we get rid of Rosenthal. IMO he sucks.
I would rather get a STUD RB...I am talking a franchise back (not a one-dimensional back like that Walker guy we had awhile back) that can step in and produce immediately...too bad the Vikings didn't "take a chance" on Alexander...he is making every team (including the Seahawks) look foolish for not signing him to a contract when they had the chance! :sad:

DemonicViking
11-16-2005, 12:53 AM
What did Moss say?

PurplePackerEater
11-16-2005, 12:56 AM
Moss' reaction....whoop-di-do.

FuadFan
11-16-2005, 12:56 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

I would rather get a STUD RB...I am talking a franchise back (not a one-dimensional back like that Walker guy we had awhile back) that can step in and produce immediately...too bad the Vikings didn't "take a chance" on Alexander...he is making every team (including the Seahawks) look foolish for not signing him to a contract when they had the chance! sadThe Hawks have a much better O-line then we do right now I don't think Alexander would have much success if he is playing behind our line.

jimmymac
11-16-2005, 01:34 AM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

What did Moss say?

It was just a snip of a bigger interview, but Randy wasn't too excited about TO being a Raider. He said something to the effect of "why would we need TO when I'm already here."

He also said that TO would bring too much baggage.

DemonicViking
11-16-2005, 01:36 AM
I thought he would say something along those lines. Imagine the drama then.

Salzy
11-16-2005, 08:59 AM
TO said that he would fight the entire Eagles team.....
Tice said that he would take on any Vikings player......
What happens if TO becomes a Viking?????
DON KING is proud to present:

Tice Vs. Owens The Big Tight End Vs. The Horse's Rear End.
Pencil in His Ear Vs. Called Garcia Q-ueer

PAY-PER-VIEW!!!!!!!