PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo midseason review

Redmption
11-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Chris Carter and Charles Robinson both call Fred Smoot the worst free agent aquisition in the NFL... Yikes

V4L
11-09-2005, 11:26 PM
For the money we spent on him I would agree.. Could have gotten Charles Woodson in a trade or Dyson.. Or Baxter for cheaper.. But we got Smoot who is out for a few more weeks now.. And gets tourched alot.. So I would agree with this

RK.
11-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I disagree. When your D coordinator is making you play 1 on 1 and 10 to 15 yrds off the line all the time with no help, you are going to get burned. I don't care if you are Woodson or Dyson or Dion Sanders. In our D system that position is going to eventually get burned during a game no matter how bad the team you are playing is. :roll:

DemonicViking
11-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Woodson is injured, so, so much for that thought.

V4L
11-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I agree with that RK.. But it wasn't only the Carolina game he sucked in.. I would expect pretty decent numbers with the money we payed him.. But they aren't there.. And he is injured way too much..

FuadFan
11-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Baxter is out for the season and he got a lot more bonus money then Smoot did.

RK.
11-09-2005, 11:45 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I agree with that RK.. But it wasn't only the Carolina game he sucked in.. I would expect pretty decent numbers with the money we payed him.. But they aren't there.. And he is injured way too much..
My point is Smoot has made some great plays for us this season as well. Its not uncommon to hear Smooooooooooooooooooooooot from the crowd. Its just that its not reasonable to expect a player to make great plays every single time the ball comes to his area. However that is what our D system demands of a player, because it is so poorly conceived.

ultravikingfan
11-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Gotta link?

Here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ahk5QEpVFK4dXGD.5ollIec5nYcB?slug=cr-awards110905&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuYto57BppujILv3YdLtS1k5nYcB?slug=cc-awards110905&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

fred3105
11-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Charles Woodson plays like 10 yards off the LOS most of the time, if they dont have him playing like a Safety. You also cant say if he was playing for us he would hurt.

Anyway Cris Carter picked Marlin Jackson as the DROY? Odell Thurman, Demarcus Ware, and Shawn Merriman have all out played him in my opinion. Cris Carter also went to tOSU so what is he doing picking a Michigan player!

Randy Moss is also the best offseason addition even if he has been hurt and the Raiders still dont know how to use him.

V4L
11-10-2005, 12:17 AM
I just don't see a free agent pick up that was not worth the money like Smoot was..

And I agree Fred.. Odell Thurman should get DROY so far.. Has Marlin jackson even been playing?

ItalianStallion
11-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Randy Moss hasn't really done a lot in Oakland other than show them how injury prone he is becoming.

fred3105
11-10-2005, 12:19 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Randy Moss hasn't really done a lot in Oakland other than show them how injury prone he is becoming.Is it not the same hamstring he injured last year? Which would leave him at like one injury in 8 years. He also hasnt missed a game yet they just dont use him.

FuadFan
11-10-2005, 12:26 AM
He does not know how to work into a new system he thinks he can just throw up his arm and get the ball like he did in the past and that does not work when you go to a new place he has to work with Collins not just go out and think of himself.

fred3105
11-10-2005, 12:26 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I just don't see a free agent pick up that was not worth the money like Smoot was..

And I agree Fred.. Odell Thurman should get DROY so far.. Has Marlin jackson even been playing?Hes their nickle back I believe.

magicci
11-10-2005, 02:19 AM
I think smoot could do a lot better when the rest of the D is playing their part. There was no pass rush on carolina so what do u expect when u give steve smith that much time.