PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper trade?



Bubba Jed
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I was just looking at the ESPN website and it had a little side bar in the NFL section talking about trading Culpepper. They were saying that his name was coming up concerning offseason trades. I think it's a bunch of hogwash, but it's coming from noted personnel. What do y'all think? I hope that y'all think the same thing that I do. Here's a link.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Mark_The_Viking
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Simple...... Bull

Vikes316
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
THE VIKINGS WILL NOT TRADE DAUNTE CULPEPPER!!!!!!!!
trust me on this one. if they were to trades him it would be even a worse move then the moss trade and probably thw worst trade in viking history. trust me they wont and cant trade one of the best in the leage.......again

Mark_The_Viking
11-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Vikies316 you said it man no way

vikes2456
11-07-2005, 11:57 PM
"Vikes316" wrote:

THE VIKINGS WILL NOT TRADE DAUNTE CULPEPPER!!!!!!!!
trust me on this one. if they were to trades him it would be even a worse move then the moss trade and probably thw worst trade in viking history. trust me they wont and cant trade one of the best in the leage.......again
The Hershall Walker trade was MUCH worse then the moss trade, not like the raiders are doing amazing with him either

DCPologirl
11-07-2005, 11:58 PM
I can't find it where is it?

Big C
11-08-2005, 12:05 AM
The following claims that Wilf is commited to Dante:
http://www.startribune.com/stories/507/5711603-2.html

"Daunte Culpepper has a $6 million reporting bonus due next March that is not guaranteed. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said without a doubt the team will pay that bonus because doctors are convinced the injured quarterback will make a complete recovery. Culpepper was scheduled to earn $540,000 this year, but Wilf tore up that contract and made a deal that will pay $8 million. Culpepper will have one of two doctors, either J. Richard Steadman of Colorado or James Andrews of Alabama, do the surgery".

I found the following interesting too!

"Talk about a bargain. The Vikings were the only team to claim rookie Chris Kluwe when Seattle asked waivers on the former UCLA punter. Kluwe is signed to a three-year contract and is being paid $235,000 this season. He is averaging 47.1 yards per punt this year; Sunday, he had one punt of 61 yards. For his fourth year, Kluwe will be a restricted free agent and the Vikings will be able to meet any other team's offer".

midgensa
11-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Ugh, not this again. The Vikes won't trade D.C., it is not plausible and shows a white flag mentality that they can ill afford.

Mark_The_Viking
11-08-2005, 12:25 AM
no offence Bubba but I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long

Prophet
11-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Bubba was just passing the information along from Pastabelly's insider edition article. Pastabelly will put anything in the headlines trying to get people to pay money to read his pathetic columns.

cajunvike
11-08-2005, 12:39 AM
"Bubba Jed" wrote:

I was just looking at the ESPN website and it had a little side bar in the NFL section talking about trading Culpepper. They were saying that his name was coming up concerning offseason trades. I think it's a bunch of hogwash, but it's coming from noted personnel. What do y'all think? I hope that y'all think the same thing that I do. Here's a link.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/index

We hardly got anything for THE BEST WR IN FOOTBALL...how much do you all REALLY think that we will get for DAMAGED GOODS? Not knocking Daunte, but right now, we are the ones on the hook for his contract...a contract that he could possibly not be able to fulfill. Don't get me wrong, I hope that he comes back stronger than ever (ala McGahee)...but there IS a chance that he doesn't. And if he DOES, I don't want to see him traded ANYWHERE...I want him HERE...as a Viking!!!

snowinapril
11-08-2005, 12:42 AM
"Vikes316" wrote:

THE VIKINGS WILL NOT TRADE DAUNTE CULPEPPER!!!!!!!!
trust me on this one. if they were to trades him it would be even a worse move then the moss trade and probably thw worst trade in viking history. trust me they wont and cant trade one of the best in the leage.......again

I said the same thing about the Moss trade, IT WON'T HAPPEN.

But you never know. I am sure they would entertain offers, how seriously is another question altogether.

BUT........I think the reality of it is this. We don't have a direction to go with the QB position. When we got rid of BRAD, we had DC waiting to take over. We don't have that. I think that is why we aren't trading DC.

It also totally depends on the new personel that they bring in when Tice and the upper management get replaced in the offseason.

Prophet
11-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Just in case it does happen I have some good crow recipes.

midgensa
11-08-2005, 12:53 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Bubba Jed" wrote:

I was just looking at the ESPN website and it had a little side bar in the NFL section talking about trading Culpepper. They were saying that his name was coming up concerning offseason trades. I think it's a bunch of hogwash, but it's coming from noted personnel. What do y'all think? I hope that y'all think the same thing that I do. Here's a link.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/index

We hardly got anything for THE BEST WR IN FOOTBALL...how much do you all REALLY think that we will get for DAMAGED GOODS? Not knocking Daunte, but right now, we are the ones on the hook for his contract...a contract that he could possibly not be able to fulfill. Don't get me wrong, I hope that he comes back stronger than ever (ala McGahee)...but there IS a chance that he doesn't. And if he DOES, I don't want to see him traded ANYWHERE...I want him HERE...as a Viking!!!

Yeah Cajun, you tell em!!
By the way, you are right ... we were rumored to be interested in Arizona's No. 1 for D.C. ... there is no way you get a No. 1 for damaged goods right now. Without getting a No. 1 (that you could trade for Rivers) there is no logical reason at all for trading DC, not that I think that would be logical either, but at least there is an argument.

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 01:21 AM
A)He's hurt and who knows how he's gonna come back.B)He was horroble this year.C)If Vikes do good rest of the year with BJ,that'll make CP look even worse.D)$102 million dollar contract.Who would take him and what would they give for him.Moss was at the top of his game and look what they got for him.

midgensa
11-08-2005, 01:24 AM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

A)He's hurt and who knows how he's gonna come back.B)He was horroble this year.C)If Vikes do good rest of the year with BJ,that'll make CP look even worse.D)$102 million dollar contract.Who would take him and what would they give for him.Moss was at the top of his game and look what they got for him.

Moss was coming off an injury-riddled season where he was the least effective of his career ... what exactly makes that the top of his game?

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 01:27 AM
He missed a few games.Other then that he was fine.Looked ok against Green Bay in the playoffs to me.Would you say Culpepper was more on top of his game this year than Moss was last year???

midgensa
11-08-2005, 01:51 AM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

He missed a few games.Other then that he was fine.Looked ok against Green Bay in the playoffs to me.Would you say Culpepper was more on top of his game this year than Moss was last year???

No, I did not say that, I simply stated ... correctly ... that we did not trade Moss at the "top of his game" He missed three games completely and played less than a series in two others, that is a lot more than a few, that is a third of the season. He did not tally 800 yards for the season ... clearly not the top of his game. That is all I said, and the numbers don't lie ... by the way, his current numbers can also back up that he is past the "top of his game"

singersp
11-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Off the Moss subject & back to the topic.

Did anyone actually read the article besides me?

It states that two teams had approached the Vikings & expressed interest in DC. Nothing about the Vikings shopping DC.

Daunte Culpepper's name was starting to come up in trade rumors as a possible offseason target. That won't happen now, but there are still questions surrounding his future in Minnesota



[quote]Not only did the injury shatter any lingering hopes Minnesota players still harbored for maybe resurrecting this shipwreck of a season, but, with Culpepper now confronted by a rehabilitation schedule some feel could last a full year and perhaps even more, it likely scuttled quiet plans by at least two other franchises to inquire about his availability in an offseason trade.

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 02:02 AM
If he had played in those other 5 games,he would have had well over 1000 yards again.As far as this year goes,KERRY COLLINS,nough said.He also has over 542 yards this year with Collins and being banged up.His replacement(Burleson)has 150 yards this year.But the point I was trying to make is,if you asked every team in the league who you would want for your #1 WR,Moss would be at the top of the list.If you asked the question of Culpepper,who would want him.He's not better than either of the Mannings,Vick,Big Ben,Brady,Palmer,etc.Who would take his contract and what would they give for him.I see only Green wanting him.

FuadFan
11-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Did anyone actually read the article besides me?

It states that two teams had approached the Vikings & expressed interest in DC. Nothing about the Vikings shopping DC.

Daunte Culpepper's name was starting to come up in trade rumors as a possible offseason target. That won't happen now, but there are still questions surrounding his future in Minnesota


Not only did the injury shatter any lingering hopes Minnesota players still harbored for maybe resurrecting this shipwreck of a season, but, with Culpepper now confronted by a rehabilitation schedule some feel could last a full year and perhaps even more, it likely scuttled quiet plans by at least two other franchises to inquire about his availability in an offseason trade.

That isn't the whole article you have to sign up to their insider package to get the rest of the article which I'm not doing anyway because like you said it is complete crap.

RK.
11-08-2005, 02:25 AM
I think next years trades etc will depend on who the new head coach is and what kind of football he wants to play. :razz: If we can trade Randy Moss we can trade anybody. :wink:

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 02:27 AM
DITTO

ejmat
11-08-2005, 02:45 AM
I don't think DC will be traded. However, for those of you that doubt anyone would want him, Denny Green makes a habit of that. Look at Randall Cunningham, Kurt Warner. People seem to post things in here based on heart and not reality. I'm not saying we will trade him but if we get a #1 and someone like Dansby for Pep, I would definately want the Vikings to entertain that. It's not like Pep is the best QB in football. As I stated in an earlier thread and someone implied earlier in this thread, Pep is not the guy I want in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Can he do it? Certainly! Fact is he hasn't done it a whole lot in his career.

I like Pep as much as any of you posting here but facts are facts. Out of all the starting QBs in the league and I was to pick any of them to have the ball in hand late in the 4th quarter, Pep would be about the middle of the pack. Not that he isn't better than a lot of the QBs out there. He gets rattled easy and chokes most of the time with the game on the line.

Sorry whoever I offended but that's how I see it.

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 02:50 AM
I agree with you ejmat.I see your from Az.Maybe CP will be on your Cardnials next year.haha

ejmat
11-08-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks xvikingfan. I just moved here to Tucson from South Florida. Knowing what I do about Denny, he is interested and he's not going to let an injury make up his mind unless it is determined he can no longer play. He's very risky. We all know that.

By the way, I hope you still like the Vikings.

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 03:12 AM
Hope your right about Denny.Would love to see CP there next year.I do still like the Vikes,just got really turned off last year when Birk and The Culfumbler were badmouthing Moss.I heard an interview with Culfumbler earlier this year where he blamed Moss for a lot of his interceptions.Said he had to force the ball to him to much cuz of the Randy factor.Wonder what his excuse is for 12 Ints in 6 games this year.Personally,I think he was just jealous that Moss got so much attention.Also with Moss gone there would be more money to spend on him.Good luck with him next year.Dave

BBQ Platypus
11-08-2005, 03:14 AM
They'd better not be trading Culpepper! They'd be retarded if they did. I decided to write a play about how it would turn out if they were stupid enough to consider this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazy Larry the Used Toothbrush Salesman and the Great Cosmic Rhinoplasty
(Hey, a stupid idea deserves a stupid title).

Cast of characters:

GM - General manager of the Vikings, wants to trade Culpepper, victim of empty swimming pool diving accident at age 6
Media - Spineless gang of whores
Wilf - Only sane character in this stupid play

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Act I, Scene I - The Only Scene in the Entire Play

(Zygi Wilf has taken the GM to Chuck E. Cheese's for his 40th birthday. He invited all of his media friends.)
GM: (mouth stuffed with pizza containing fatal dose of salt)"Dur, I's gottun idea! Let's trade away our best two offensive players over the course of two years!"

Media: "Yay! Do it! Do it! Culpepper bad! Moss is the suck!"

Wilf: "Um...how is this going to help us win football games?"

GM: "Well, um...lack of offense - dur, I mean, defense - wins championships."

Wilf: "But what about the 1998 San Diego Chargers? They had the #1 defense in the NFL, but they finished 5-11 because they couldn't score with Ryan Leaf at quarterback."

Media: "Culpepper bad! He worse than Leaf! Dur!"

Wilf: "Do you have any proof?"

Media: "Um...hey! Look over there!" (entire mob of reporters runs away, except for Bob Sansevere, who runs to the arcade and begins playing Whac-a-Mole)

Wilf: "Well, who would you replace him with, genius?"

GM: "Um, uh...YOUR MOTHER!!! HEAH-HEAH-HA-HA-HUH-HUH-HEE!!!" (begins laughing like a retard)

Wilf: "Very funny. My mother is, like, dead or something."

GM: "Well, how do you think she died?" (retarded laugh)

Wilf: "That's IT! No cake for you!"

GM: (crying) This is the worst birthday EVER!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Disclaimer: BBQ Platypus would like to apologize to all mentally challenged persons offended by the preceding play. BBQ Platypus did not wish to offend the mentally handicapped by comparing them to a GM willing to trade Daunte Culpepper.)

ejmat
11-08-2005, 03:17 AM
I think BBQ has too much time on his hands. LOL.

singersp
11-08-2005, 03:24 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

They'd better not be trading Culpepper! They'd be retarded if they did. I decided to write a play about how it would turn out if they were stupid enough to consider this.

One flaw in your play BBQ. The Vikings don't have a GM yet! :lol:

midgensa
11-08-2005, 03:30 AM
Back on topic and off of the Moss thing. I don't think trading Culpepper is likely at all, but not impossible obviously. I just don't see us getting much for him and unloading his contract would not be a prime reason to ditch him ... not very likely with the injury, but blah blah blah, we will have at least 50 more of these threads before camp next season, so I am sure I will get into it a little more later.

BBQ Platypus
11-08-2005, 03:34 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

They'd better not be trading Culpepper! They'd be retarded if they did. I decided to write a play about how it would turn out if they were stupid enough to consider this.

One flaw in your play BBQ. The Vikings don't have a GM yet! :lol:

Well, I guess it COULD happen, given that Mike Tice has some GM duties. Right? I don't know. I'm so confused. :scratch:

natethegreat
11-08-2005, 03:35 AM
i really hope we dont trade daunte and like most of us i dont think we will, i sure daunte is going to rehab as hard as anyone and i think he might be able to return for our opener

midgensa
11-08-2005, 03:35 AM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

If he had played in those other 5 games,he would have had well over 1000 yards again.As far as this year goes,KERRY COLLINS,nough said.He also has over 542 yards this year with Collins and being banged up.His replacement(Burleson)has 150 yards this year.But the point I was trying to make is,if you asked every team in the league who you would want for your #1 WR,Moss would be at the top of the list.If you asked the question of Culpepper,who would want him.He's not better than either of the Mannings,Vick,Big Ben,Brady,Palmer,etc.Who would take his contract and what would they give for him.I see only Green wanting him.

Good god, you missed my point again, so I feel inclined to respond. He was not at the top of his game when we traded him ... PERIOD ... he is not at the top of his game now ... PERIOD ...
I am not saying I would not list him at No. 1 (though I think I wouldnt right now), but I gaurantee you that the Panthers, Bengals, Colts, Rams and maybe even the Cardinals would not take him over what they got right now. If you want more on this it will have to be in another thread.

midgensa
11-08-2005, 03:37 AM
"natethegreat" wrote:

i really hope we dont trade daunte and like most of us i dont think we will, i sure daunte is going to rehab as hard as anyone and i think he might be able to return for our opener

I hope you are right ... and think that you are.

ultravikingfan
11-08-2005, 03:57 AM
All this for nothing.

Pep is not going anywhere.

You do not trade a QB who had the kind of year that he had last year.

mvikes84
11-08-2005, 05:04 AM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Hope your right about Denny.Would love to see CP there next year.I do still like the Vikes,just got really turned off last year when Birk and The Culfumbler were badmouthing Moss.I heard an interview with Culfumbler earlier this year where he blamed Moss for a lot of his interceptions.Said he had to force the ball to him to much cuz of the Randy factor.Wonder what his excuse is for 12 Ints in 6 games this year.Personally,I think he was just jealous that Moss got so much attention.Also with Moss gone there would be more money to spend on him.Good luck with him next year.Dave Exactly. Culturnover was very jealous of Moss. He wanted Moss gone so he could be the "star" of the team. Then after Moss was traded he said he "WAS GOING TO BE A BETTER QB WITHOUT MOSS!!! That has got to be as dumb a comment as I have ever heard anyone make!! That would be like Joe Montana or Steve Young saying they would have been better QB'S if Jerry Rice wasn't on their team!!!! I still can't believe anyone would say something that dumb!!! And this guy is suppose to lead us to the SB? Please get rid of this OVERRATED, OVERPAID goof before we waste more money on him than we already have!!!

tke0933
11-08-2005, 05:55 AM
I think DC will be back next year unless the Vikes can get a Herschel Walker type trade for him. He will have the opportunity to show how he can lead this team without Moss. If he doesn't show the leadership this team needs from a QB, he may be gone after next year. I do think he will be able to come back and lead this team next year, but how far will be the question mark.

Guruzen
11-08-2005, 06:12 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

All this for nothing.

Pep is not going anywhere.

You do not trade a QB who had the kind of year that he had last year.

Sure, but what about the kind of year he's had THIS year? Brad comes in and makes Daunte look stupid and there'll be plenty more to come because Brad has much better game management.

Plus, Daunte struggles when down in a game and self destructs when things go bad. Brad won't torch the defense like Daunte is capable of, but at the same time he won't blow games and make bad decisions either. Consistency is key for a QB and Daunte doesn't have it.

Trade him for a 1st rounder in the draft and get BUSH on board!!!

ultravikingfan
11-08-2005, 06:57 AM
"Guruzen" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

All this for nothing.

Pep is not going anywhere.

You do not trade a QB who had the kind of year that he had last year.

Sure, but what about the kind of year he's had THIS year? Brad comes in and makes Daunte look stupid and there'll be plenty more to come because Brad has much better game management.

Plus, Daunte struggles when down in a game and self destructs when things go bad. Brad won't torch the defense like Daunte is capable of, but at the same time he won't blow games and make bad decisions either. Consistency is key for a QB and Daunte doesn't have it.

Trade him for a 1st rounder in the draft and get BUSH on board!!!

You are going to compare a few lousy games to one of the best seasons for a QB ever?

magicci
11-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Daunte had a slump, even the best QB's have those sometimes. I think when he could he's gonna start working a lot more on his timing routes.

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Not a slump.A)He's always thrown too many INT's.B)He's always had a problem fumbling.C)He's never been able to read Defense's and make adjustments at the line.D)He's always had Moss to make him look half decent,and D)He's ALWAYS had trouble with blitzing Defenses.That's been his biggest problem from day one.

BBQ Platypus
11-08-2005, 03:58 PM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Not a slump.A)He's always thrown too many INT's.B)He's always had a problem fumbling.C)He's never been able to read Defense's and make adjustments at the line.D)He's always had Moss to make him look half decent,and D)He's ALWAYS had trouble with blitzing Defenses.That's been his biggest problem from day one.Um...he called plays, read defenses, and made adjustments at the line last year. I think you're going to have a hard time arguing that a QB who threw 39 TD passes and threw for 4000+ yards last season was actually a bad QB all along. At least among people with functioning brains. You are a freaking tool, and I don't know why you haven't been kicked off this site yet. As acting president (and sole member) of the Retarded Troll Justice League, I have set the sights of my sawed-off tard-roasting shotgun on YOU.

Del Rio
11-08-2005, 04:12 PM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Not a slump.A)He's always thrown too many INT's.B)He's always had a problem fumbling.C)He's never been able to read Defense's and make adjustments at the line.D)He's always had Moss to make him look half decent,and D)He's ALWAYS had trouble with blitzing Defenses.That's been his biggest problem from day one.

That's a whole lot of bullshit with not much substance to back it up. ALWAYS? ALWAYS? ALWAYS? Nope.

Not having Moss around should make him a more rounded QB, I don't know if it will be better. I think all these people that credit the creation of the world to Moss should be shipped out. I mean honestly what do they EVER add to a conversation. Blindly choosing to ignore the fact that we lost a QB coach, and offensive Cord, we got a new owner, we lost a pro-bowl center, in addition to losing a top 5 WR, a truck load of new players..................

I mean enough is enough already. Ban them all and let Moss sort em out.

Gman
11-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Why would anyone even think of such a thing? When U cant trade the guy until he is "OFF" the injury list. And since he wont be back "OFF" the injury list until next year around the mid season of the NFL. U can keep posting on this thread about trading him.

Oh, and lets watch Brad Jhonson a little more before we go around saying he is a better QB then Culpaper... U guys are turning out to be like Eagle fans. :???:

ultravikingfan
11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Not a slump.A)He's always thrown too many INT's.B)He's always had a problem fumbling.C)He's never been able to read Defense's and make adjustments at the line.D)He's always had Moss to make him look half decent,and D)He's ALWAYS had trouble with blitzing Defenses.That's been his biggest problem from day one.

DId he have a fumbling problem last year? Nope.

So what, he fumbles a few balls. But, he chucks 39 TD's and runs for a few more! How many games did he lose us last year.

He's ALWAYS had trouble with blitzing Defenses? Thats why he can usually scramble out of the pocket and get a 1st down.

I believe in opinions, but you are not backing up any of the points you are trying, but failing, to prove.

This coupled with the other pooh you write just proves there are trolls that seek shelter under the Vikings flag.

ultravikingfan
11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
"Gman" wrote:

Why would anyone even think of such a thing? When U cant trade the guy until he is "OFF" the injury list. And since he wont be back "OFF" the injury list until next year around the mid season of the NFL. U can keep posting on this thread about trading him.

Oh, and lets watch Brad Jhonson a little more before we go around saying he is a better QB then Culpaper... U guys are turning out to be like Eagle fans. :???:

Mid season next year is not a sure bet yet.

Top_Speed
11-08-2005, 06:20 PM
NO TRADE! His value has gone way down this year so what are we going to get? Not another Napping Harris and an unproven college pick? We will only regret this just like some V-fans regret the Moss trade.

Back when we traded Johnson to the Skins, we had a plan and a future at that postion. Right now I can't say we are in that position.

Cheers

Vikes
11-08-2005, 06:59 PM
No PEP is the face of the Vikings. It would be like saying trading Vick. No way won't happen.

TheKnuck
11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
.[/quote]Um...he called plays, read defenses, and made adjustments at the line last year. I think you're going to have a hard time arguing that a QB who threw 39 TD passes and threw for 4000+ yards last season was actually a bad QB all along. At least among people with functioning brains. You are a freaking tool, and I don't know why you haven't been kicked off this site yet. As acting president (and sole member) of the Retarded Troll Justice League, I have set the sights of my sawed-off tard-roasting shotgun on YOU.[/quote]


LOL, HA

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 08:28 PM
86 INTs and 81 fumbles in 81 games is not a FEW ultra.That's 167 turnovers in 81 games.Those are just his turnovers,You can't be a great team committing that many turnovers.Brady for instance has 56 int's and 46 fumbles in 72 games.Johnson has 50 fumbles in 122 games.Peyton Manning has 39 fumbles in 120 games,only lost 13 of them.Turnovers Kill a team.Jump on Culfumblers bandwagon,I don't care.Go down with the ship.Just keep blaming the O-line,the coaches and the Wr's for getting open for the next 9 years if that's what makes you feel better.

stjmnsota
11-08-2005, 09:54 PM
TRADE HIM! for anything we can get. I prayed they would send him packing with Moss. Now Culpepper is worth shit. Ok Ok. He has a great season last year. ON PAPER. Culpepper can't win games and he is inconsistent. HE CAN"T GET RID OF THE BALL.

QUESTION: Why did the Vikings offensive line play the best game of the season so far?

ANSWER: Because Brad gets rid of the ball on time.

I will take a clown that puts up lousy stats but wins the game. Culpepper is a great athlete and maybe will be great one day. like Gannon or Holcomb. Great backup and with 12 years under his belt, the light goes on.

If we can get anything for Culpepper, I say see you later. I'll take my chances on a rookie or a veteran backup. Brad, Trent, Kitna, Holcomb, Ferotte, Heck, bring back Bauman. Just please, if there is any hope to get rid of Culpepper, do it.

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 09:56 PM
BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Del Rio
11-08-2005, 09:57 PM
LMAO!

Any one seen my hip waders?

cajunvike
11-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Time to retire this thread...the Vikes won't trade him...mainly because until he comes back, no one will take a chance on an injured player that has such a huge contract. So let's hope that he recovers and returns to the level that he was playing at last year...maybe sitting for the rest of the year and part of next will give him time to sort out his issues with getting rid of the ball in a timely manner!

Del Rio
11-08-2005, 10:06 PM
If there is one thing I have learned from being on here for over a year is people like to deal in extremes.

These are the same people who lack the intestinal fortitude to speak out when the sun is shining. They wait until Brad Johnson has one simple, dummied down, game where we win against a bad team to start this garbage.

Then again it could be the same people who were calling for Gus to start ahead of Daunte. I'm not a big Culpepper fan myself, I know I would rather have him then a lot of the other QB's in the NFL.

Turnovers can be fixed. Some HOF quarterbacks turned the ball over an enormous ammount of time. If Warren Moon gets in, hell he is the most fumbling QB in all of football history :grin: Brett Favre turns the ball over all the time and yet he has a ring.......

You can't teach a cannon for an arm, a body built like a tank, and an eagerness to be successful. You can fix/teach turnovers, reads, and progressions. He is a talanted football player playing for a bunch of idiots who are blue light special coaches hired by a blood sucking car salesman.

I can't stand people writing off anyone on this team it's just so fucking ignorant! Luckily for me I have a brick here on my desk I can bash myself in the face with after reading some of this shit.

xvikingfan
11-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Think you're still wearing them.Sorry,maybe we should only make posts like this.Culpepper is God,none of his 86 fumbles in 81 games were his fault.It was all the coaches and the O-lines fault.Of course,none of his 81 fumbles were his fault either,was all the O-line and the idiot coaches.Him having the worse year of his life has nothing to do with Moss being gone.That's just ANOTHER coincedence.He'll be back next year and Vikes will go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl.Oh yeah,almost forgot,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning,Michael Vick and alll those other QB's in the league couldn't carry his jock strap.Still got dem waders on.Cuz I sure do.Been on for weeks now.

Del Rio
11-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Everytime I see your name next to a post I just think to myself why the fuck isn't this idiot banned yet?

The only conclusion I have come up with is they enjoy the break from reality and from common sense when they read that garbage.

You're being hypocritical.

I never said none of it was his fault. You are blaming it ALL on him.

If you have been around you would have seen PLENTY of conversation discussing the poor play of Culpepper, discussing having him benched.


Seriously how the hell does this get past the radar?

cajunvike
11-08-2005, 10:35 PM
That is why this thread needs to be retired...it is WAY TOO EARLY to start talking about whether or not Daunte should be traded. Better to focus on what Brad CAN do than what he CAN'T...he is who we are bring to the dance for the rest of the season, so let's hope that he holds up...there are alot worse positions that we could be in (think SF's revolving QB carousel).

And yes, you are correct, Del...the people that only talk in extremes are seriously deluded...football is never black or white, only varied and numerous shades of grey!

PAvikesfan
11-08-2005, 10:52 PM
no trades with culp. thank you.

Top_Speed
11-08-2005, 11:17 PM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Just keep blaming the O-line,the coaches and the Wr's for getting open for the next 9 years if that's what makes you feel better.

Well it's not a blame of a single position (at least in my simple purple mind).

The O-line has not played up to expectation BUT having no mental breaks last Sunday was a breath of fresh violet-orchid air.

I blame mostly mental mistakes for our dismal season so far. C-Pepp has had his share yes, but so has every position except maybe our punter.

There is such a thing as momentum and that on your side can negate or help overcome (or hopefully not make) the stupid mistakes. Thinking about making mistakes creates mistakes. Mind over matter? maybe but winning does help and it is contagious. C-Pepp hasen't had any MO this season.. blame it on Moss' departure or whatever but he deserves a shot next year.

ultravikingfan
11-08-2005, 11:37 PM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Think you're still wearing them.Sorry,maybe we should only make posts like this.Culpepper is God,none of his 86 fumbles in 81 games were his fault.It was all the coaches and the O-lines fault.Of course,none of his 81 fumbles were his fault either,was all the O-line and the idiot coaches.Him having the worse year of his life has nothing to do with Moss being gone.That's just ANOTHER coincedence.He'll be back next year and Vikes will go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl.Oh yeah,almost forgot,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning,Michael Vick and alll those other QB's in the league couldn't carry his jock strap.Still got dem waders on.Cuz I sure do.Been on for weeks now.

Ok Mr. "One Big Sentence". If anybody can find logic in your thoughts, or lack of, I would like to know who that is. All you mention is the negatives. What about the positives? How many games did he win for us? How many great plays did he have?

"Del Rio" wrote:

Everytime I see your name next to a post I just think to myself why the F!!ck isn't this idiot banned yet?

The only conclusion I have come up with is they enjoy the break from reality and from common sense when they read that garbage.

You're being hypocritical.

I never said none of it was his fault. You are blaming it ALL on him.

If you have been around you would have seen PLENTY of conversation discussing the poor play of Culpepper, discussing having him benched.


Seriously how the hell does this get past the radar?

He really has not done anything to warrant a ban. His head is just just up his asspipe a little to far. Besides, these turds bring out some killer posts by members like you. :grin:

"cajunvike" wrote:

That is why this thread needs to be retired...it is WAY TOO EARLY to start talking about whether or not Daunte should be traded.

I agree.

But this is borderline and something that webby can decide. I do not want my utter disgust for the turd boy mentioned above to cloud my better judgment.

midgensa
11-08-2005, 11:42 PM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Not a slump.A)He's always thrown too many INT's.B)He's always had a problem fumbling.C)He's never been able to read Defense's and make adjustments at the line.D)He's always had Moss to make him look half decent,and D)He's ALWAYS had trouble with blitzing Defenses.That's been his biggest problem from day one.

He does have some problems, but where does this always throw too many INT's come from? The HALL OF FAME has quarterbacks with a ratio of 1.07 Ints per game for their career, which is IDENTICAL to Daunte Culpepper's. He does not throw that many INT's he had two bad INT years (counting this one).
Next, he HAD a fumbling problem, but has really nipped it in the bud. He lost 16 of his career 33 lost fumbles in 2001 and 2002 ... that was a long time ago. QBs lose fumbles, another fact of the game. His biggest problem is definitely blitzing defense, but our reluctance to block blitzing defenses does not help, we often KNOW blitzes are coming and still run three WR sets with one back and a split TE.
So before you call him out on fumbling and INTs again do some research ... he is EXACTLY the same as the overall ratio of HALL OF FAME QBs in INTs per game, that would seem to not be a lot to me.

Prophet
11-08-2005, 11:45 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

...But this is borderline and something that webby can decide. I do not want my utter disgust for the turd boy mentioned above to cloud my better judgment.

You should feel sorry for him rather than disgusted. He must have a tough time in life if his reasoning is similar to what he has shown us here.

midgensa
11-08-2005, 11:47 PM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

86 INTs and 81 fumbles in 81 games is not a FEW ultra.That's 167 turnovers in 81 games.Those are just his turnovers,You can't be a great team committing that many turnovers.Brady for instance has 56 int's and 46 fumbles in 72 games.Johnson has 50 fumbles in 122 games.Peyton Manning has 39 fumbles in 120 games,only lost 13 of them.Turnovers Kill a team.Jump on Culfumblers bandwagon,I don't care.Go down with the ship.Just keep blaming the O-line,the coaches and the Wr's for getting open for the next 9 years if that's what makes you feel better.

33 LOST FUMBLES is all that matters ... and sure that is not a good number, but he has cut those down in the last couple of seasons. Culpepper plays in a passing system and in those couple of HORRID years the Vikings had was trying to do to much and got out of the pocket and lost the ball a few times. Noone is arguing that 2001 and 2002 were great seasons, but they WERE THREE YEARS AGO you tool.

midgensa
11-08-2005, 11:49 PM
"stjmnsota" wrote:

TRADE HIM! for anything we can get. I prayed they would send him packing with Moss. Now Culpepper is worth pooh. Ok Ok. He has a great season last year. ON PAPER. Culpepper can't win games and he is inconsistent. HE CAN"T GET RID OF THE BALL.

QUESTION: Why did the Vikings offensive line play the best game of the season so far?

ANSWER: Because Brad gets rid of the ball on time.

I will take a clown that puts up lousy stats but wins the game. Culpepper is a great athlete and maybe will be great one day. like Gannon or Holcomb. Great backup and with 12 years under his belt, the light goes on.

If we can get anything for Culpepper, I say see you later. I'll take my chances on a rookie or a veteran backup. Brad, Trent, Kitna, Holcomb, Ferotte, Heck, bring back Bauman. Just please, if there is any hope to get rid of Culpepper, do it.

Yeah, we respect newbie posts with no substance here. You are right, I would love Kitna or Holcomb, those guys are amazing. AND WHO THE FU*K is Bauman you idiot? That guy does not even exist. If this is the best you got and you cannot even spelll then don't waste the time of the many of us that give a sh*t on this site

cajunvike
11-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Let's trade xvikingfan to the Packer board for TEXPACK!!! LOL

Del Rio
11-08-2005, 11:51 PM
9. Trolling or acts intended to inflame are subject to immediate removal. Continued trolling will result in flogging, and then banning.

He is up to flogging at least :grin:

midgensa
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

9. Trolling or acts intended to inflame are subject to immediate removal. Continued trolling will result in flogging, and then banning.

He is up to flogging at least :grin:

Im with Del Rio on this one.

ultravikingfan
11-08-2005, 11:59 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

9. Trolling or acts intended to inflame are subject to immediate removal. Continued trolling will result in flogging, and then banning.

He is up to flogging at least :grin:

Im with Del Rio on this one.

I would put him in this catagory:

http://guessgirl96.com/images/Boards/head_in_ass.jpg

Like I said, webby's choice.
We have legit members who seem to inflame also, so there is a grey area.

Del Rio
11-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Your pulling out the old asshat hat?

I like it. :grin:

I would put him in this category:

~~Bitter that Moss is gone~~ ~~Blames Culpepper for part of it~~
~~Comes to a Viking fan site openly admitting he is an XFAN~~
~~Stirs the Pot~~ ~~Very few buy it~~ ~~People get annoyed~~
~~Classic Asshat picture gets applied~~

cajunvike
11-09-2005, 12:19 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

9. Trolling or acts intended to inflame are subject to immediate removal. Continued trolling will result in flogging, and then banning.

He is up to flogging at least :grin:

I think that he has spent way too much of his time engaged in flogging! :lol:

And he has the hairy palms to prove it!!! :shock:

midgensa
11-09-2005, 12:26 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

9. Trolling or acts intended to inflame are subject to immediate removal. Continued trolling will result in flogging, and then banning.

He is up to flogging at least :grin:

I think that he has spent way too much of his time engaged in flogging! :lol:

And he has the hairy palms to prove it!!! :shock:

Just like Cajun to bring up homo-erotic images ... or maybe it is just home-erotic for me

ultravikingfan
11-09-2005, 01:05 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Your pulling out the old asshat hat?

I like it. :grin:

I would put him in this category:

~~Bitter that Moss is gone~~ ~~Blames Culpepper for part of it~~
~~Comes to a Viking fan site openly admitting he is an XFAN~~
~~Stirs the Pot~~ ~~Very few buy it~~ ~~People get annoyed~~
~~Classic Asshat picture gets applied~~

Maybe we shoud give him a title?

PP.O Asshat

:wink: I like it!

cajunvike
11-09-2005, 01:09 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

9. Trolling or acts intended to inflame are subject to immediate removal. Continued trolling will result in flogging, and then banning.

He is up to flogging at least :grin:

I think that he has spent way too much of his time engaged in flogging! :lol:

And he has the hairy palms to prove it!!! :shock:

Just like Cajun to bring up homer-erotic images ... or maybe it is just home-erotic for me

That would be auto-erotic images...unless you like watching, that is!!! :lol:

SamDawg84
11-09-2005, 01:10 AM
y does every 1 get on daunte's back for 1 bad season!? every 1 has 1 bad year. plus we have to have some dumb coach who looks like he is a hill billy basicly running the offence

cajunvike
11-09-2005, 01:38 AM
You dissin' Billy Bob Tice???

gregair13
11-09-2005, 02:08 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

You dissin' Billy Bob Tice???
leave billy bob tice out of this.
there is no way you trade the face of your franchise because he blew up his knee. dont worry guys. he will be back next year bigger and better than ever,.

BBQ Platypus
11-09-2005, 02:12 AM
"xvikingfan" wrote:

Think you're still wearing them.Sorry,maybe we should only make posts like this.Culpepper is God,none of his 86 fumbles in 81 games were his fault.It was all the coaches and the O-lines fault.Of course,none of his 81 fumbles were his fault either,was all the O-line and the idiot coaches.Him having the worse year of his life has nothing to do with Moss being gone.That's just ANOTHER coincedence.He'll be back next year and Vikes will go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl.Oh yeah,almost forgot,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning,Michael Vick and alll those other QB's in the league couldn't carry his jock strap.Still got dem waders on.Cuz I sure do.Been on for weeks now.

He didn't lose all of his fumbles, dumb@ss. He didn't get 167 turnovers, as he only lost 33 of those fumbles. If you want to talk numbers, pal, let's compare various NFL QBs' stats, using REAL math rather than hillbilly math:

Daunte Culpepper - 81 games, 86 INT (74 up to this year) + 33 fumbles lost = 119 turnovers, 20162 passing yards, 2476 rushing yards, 135 passing TD's, & 29 rushing TD's. Overall career rating: 91.5.

Brett Favre - 217 games (less than 3 times the number of games that Culpepper has played), 240 INT (about 3 times the number of INT's Daunte has thrown), 53 fumbles lost, 51798 passing yards (nowhere near 3 times the number that DC has thrown for), 391 passing TD's (a bit less than 3 times the number that DC has thrown), & 12 rushing TD's. Overall career rating: 87.2.

Brett Favre is headed to the Hall of Fame with these numbers. According to you, Daunte is apparently unworthy of Little League with his. Am I the only one who sees the inconsistency here?

In conclusion, go home to your goat porn collection, have one last masturbation session, then kill yourself and go to hell. It'll be a step up from your crappy trailer.

ejmat
11-09-2005, 05:35 AM
Let's not compare Favre to Pep. Favre is going to the HOF because of how he wins games. As much as I hate him I would love to have his hand on the football in the 4th quarter and down in points. I can't say that about Pep. You look at stats and Favre's turnover stats compare to Peps. Pep has more yards in the amount of games played. Bottom line: Pep is a great athlete with great talent and stregnth. He is an above average QB with the potential and skills to be a HOF QB. At this time in his career, IMO he shouldn't be a HOFer. Can he do it? Absolutely! He hasn't shown me he deserves it yet. Yes he had a great year last year. That great year also produced 12 INTs. I've already compared his stats to other QBs in the league. Besides yardage, it's not that great. He had 39 TDs last year. Awesome. We had 8 wins last year. Blah! Someone asked me earlier, "Why did Joe Namath make the HOF with a losing record?" Good question. My answer would be, Maybe he was instrumental in shaping the league the way it is now. He put the AFL (AFC) on the map so to speak. It was his single game that was a huge part of changing the NFL. As far as Favre is concerned, he does deserve it. As far as "lost" fumbles vs fumbles, a fumble is a fumble. It's dangerous anytime you put the ball on the ground. For the most part Pep has had a decent line most of his career. He still threw INTs and fumbled the ball. Make all the excuses you want for him, the bottom line is he is easily rattled and he makes mistakes. A lot more than some of the better QBs in the league. Stats do not tell all. It's not like Brady throws for 4000 yards every year or did Troy Aikman.

I am not ready to give up on Pep. However it would be foolish not to entertain trade offers. A 1st round pick and a much needed LB would be intriguing. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong but coming back from the injury he has isn't easy and it's definately not certain. Not too many people have done it.

Top_Speed
11-09-2005, 03:37 PM
In conclusion, go home to your goat porn collection, have one last masturbation session, then kill yourself and go to hell. It'll be a step up from your crappy trailer.

You guys are brutal :)
Maybe he's just frustrated with the season and this is the way he takes it out with negative comments?

So... Does two negatives still equal a positive? If so, all we need is him and maybe this TEX guy to post together!

(and it would be nice to help read his posts 'more clearer' to not have the run-on sentences).

BBQ Platypus
11-09-2005, 03:57 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

Let's not compare Favre to Pep. Favre is going to the HOF because of how he wins games. As much as I hate him I would love to have his hand on the football in the 4th quarter and down in points. I can't say that about Pep. You look at stats and Favre's turnover stats compare to Peps. Pep has more yards in the amount of games played. Bottom line: Pep is a great athlete with great talent and stregnth. He is an above average QB with the potential and skills to be a HOF QB. At this time in his career, IMO he shouldn't be a HOFer. Can he do it? Absolutely! He hasn't shown me he deserves it yet. Yes he had a great year last year. That great year also produced 12 INTs. I've already compared his stats to other QBs in the league. Besides yardage, it's not that great. He had 39 TDs last year. Awesome. We had 8 wins last year. Blah! Someone asked me earlier, "Why did Joe Namath make the HOF with a losing record?" Good question. My answer would be, Maybe he was instrumental in shaping the league the way it is now. He put the AFL (AFC) on the map so to speak. It was his single game that was a huge part of changing the NFL. As far as Favre is concerned, he does deserve it. As far as "lost" fumbles vs fumbles, a fumble is a fumble. It's dangerous anytime you put the ball on the ground. For the most part Pep has had a decent line most of his career. He still threw INTs and fumbled the ball. Make all the excuses you want for him, the bottom line is he is easily rattled and he makes mistakes. A lot more than some of the better QBs in the league. Stats do not tell all. It's not like Brady throws for 4000 yards every year or did Troy Aikman.

I am not ready to give up on Pep. However it would be foolish not to entertain trade offers. A 1st round pick and a much needed LB would be intriguing. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong but coming back from the injury he has isn't easy and it's definately not certain. Not too many people have done it.

First of all, that "fumble is a fumble" argument is fundamentally flawed. Sure, it's dangerous whenever a QB fumbles, but it's also dangerous whenever a QB is sacked, throws into double coverage, or scrambles. And the end result of a fumble that isn't lost is about the same as a sack. It's like farting in an empty room. It's not exactly great for the atmosphere of the room, but nobody gets hurt.

And it would actually be VERY foolish to entertain ANY trade offer. Due to health concerns, nobody is going to offer anything of comparable value for Daunte. It would be a waste of time for the front office to even look at picking up another Napoleon Harris.

Culpepper hasn't won many games because we haven't had a good defense in years. However, even that doesn't justify trading him. Although you shouldn't expect to win a Super Bowl without a good defense, you can't expect to win a Super Bowl without one (unless you have a truly GREAT one, like the Ravens & Bucs had when they won the Super Bowl).

6-KINGS
11-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Trade.........Never

culpeppers_vikes
11-09-2005, 04:11 PM
The whole point is that we havent won any superbowls...yet, this was supposed to be our year-but something happened, and I will tell you what. Lenihan, Birk, and Moss are gone. Birk was our defense for Culpepper and we lost the safety zone in the end zone called Moss, and we have Loney as our offensive coordinator instead of Lenihan. I swear that if you still had those 3, Culpepper wouldnt have gotten hurt because he wouldnt have had to run because Birk would have been protecting him, Moss would have been deep and Lenihan would be directing, and we would be heading to the superbowl, period.

RViking1969
11-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Lets Take what we can for him....Culpepper puts up great fantasy numbers.....BUT this is the NFL...and he is damaged and even when he is healthy....he is slow at finding open recievers and will never win the big game. He is not a QB that you think will win at the end of the game ( though I do admit he finally had one against GreenBay, the only one he has not turned the ball over when we needed to score), but lets get real the Packers SUCK!!! Dispite his 39 TDs last year he still did not perform when we needed, but like I said Great fantasy numbers. Trade him and lets look in a new direction for a QB then DC. hopefully he doesn't get his March money.

Del Rio
11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Fickle fans.

There are no QB's out there. If you want to draft one I would hate to see what you guys had to say during his growing pains.

Fact is he has a lot of money tied up in his contract, no one is going to trade us, if they did you won't get a QB that can step in and take over right away, you will have to go through the draft.

Sharper, Cowart, Pat Williams, these guys aren't on this team to wait around 5 years for a rookie to develop. This team was built to win it either this year or the next two max.

Culpepper will remain a Viking.

Top_Speed
11-09-2005, 05:45 PM
"culpeppers_vikes" wrote:

The whole point is that we havent won any superbowls...yet, this was supposed to be our year-but something happened, and I will tell you what. Lenihan, Birk, and Moss are gone. Birk was our defense for Culpepper and we lost the safety zone in the end zone called Moss, and we have Loney as our offensive coordinator instead of Lenihan. I swear that if you still had those 3, Culpepper wouldnt have gotten hurt because he wouldnt have had to run because Birk would have been protecting him, Moss would have been deep and Lenihan would be directing, and we would be heading to the superbowl, period.

Strong statement, cool. I'm not so sure about Birk being superman however. He's very good but to make that much of a difference?

All changes will hurt your chemistry to some point (100% agreed). AND we have seen more than our share of changes in both players and coaches it seems.

vikesppe80
11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Rookie QB would apprenticship under Brad or Favre if we get him

vikesppe80
11-09-2005, 06:15 PM
As long as we play spoiler at end of season that will be allright.
Next season a new head coach, Pete Caroll or superbowl coordinator. Change offensive Coordinator. Put Mike Tice back at OL coach where he belongs.get rid of all these nobody recievers sign a go to guy with Williamson, and Burleson. Get rid of Fred Smoot. And a new OPEN stadium please!

Del Rio
11-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Under Brett Fucking Favre if we get him?

Are you on crack?

Do you think we will go after Brett Favre is that what you are saying? Who was under Brad Johnson before for us?

DAUNTE CULPEPPER. LMAO and now you're trying to hang him out to dry LMAO, so what good is it going to do, to sign a rookie and have him learn from Brad?

cajunvike
11-09-2005, 06:26 PM
"RViking1969" wrote:

Lets Take what we can for him....Culpepper puts up great fantasy numbers.....BUT this is the NFL...and he is damaged and even when he is healthy....he is slow at finding open recievers and will never win the big game. He is not a QB that you think will win at the end of the game ( though I do admit he finally had one against GreenBay, the only one he has not turned the ball over when we needed to score), but lets get real the Packers SUCK!!! Dispite his 39 TDs last year he still did not perform when we needed, but like I said Great fantasy numbers. Trade him and lets look in a new direction for a QB then DC. hopefully he doesn't get his March money.

Great marketing statement to send to the other teams...with this ringing endorsement, we are sure to unload him on some unsuspecting team that will give us a ton in return! :razz:

GET REAL!!! We aren't gonna trade him...because no team will roll the dice until his injured knee is proven to be sound...and if that is the case, then the best place for him is with the Vikings! So, don't hold your breath regarding a trade...at least not in the near future.

BTW, welcome aboard, rook!

Webby
11-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Threads like this make me want to stick my head in the oven.


Maybe after baking at 400 degrees for a half hour I can understand why this phenomena happens.

ItalianStallion
11-09-2005, 07:00 PM
I would trade him for the two first rounders (one of them being the #1 overall this year), other than that, nope.

Gift
11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I was for benching c-pep a few weeks back but trading a guy who has been loyal & reliable for minnesota because he got hurt working for us is too low for me.

ejmat
11-09-2005, 10:37 PM
As far as what BBQ replied to me. You make very valid points. I have to agree. The only thing i will contest about what you said is it would be foolish to entertain any trade offers because we won't get anything good with him being hurt. The key word is "entertain". You entertain offers and if they are not good then don't deal with it. If they are good, acceptable offers, why not entertain them? That was a great comparison between farting and fumbling by the way. LOL. Remember even if we recover our own fumble, it usually means a loss of yardage making it more difficult to get a first down. It also may mean knocking us out of field goal range. Not many good things happen offensively when a fumble is involved. You have your occasional freak plays but that's about it. It is true that alot of his fumbles is because of pressure and failure of the front line but a lot of them are because of him too.

I agree with what most are saying about his contract. It's too high for anyone to want him especially after this injury. However, as I mentioned earlier, there are coaches out there that like to take chances. When Denny Green feels strong about someone he goes for it. YSame for Davis. You can't just rule out any offers because it's not what you want the team to do. The issue is there are teams out there that would love to have Pep especially if his rehab is working well. Teams may be willing to give up a #1 draft pick and a proven notable for him if he is improving. I still think it is foolish not to entertain offers. Entertaining and actually doing are two different things. If an offer is not good, don't do it.

BBQ Platypus
11-09-2005, 10:48 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

As far as what BBQ replied to me. You make very valid points. I have to agree. The only thing i will contest about what you said is it would be foolish to entertain any trade offers because we won't get anything good with him being hurt. The key word is "entertain". You entertain offers and if they are not good then don't deal with it. If they are good, acceptable offers, why not entertain them? That was a great comparison between farting and fumbling by the way. LOL. Remember even if we recover our own fumble, it usually means a loss of yardage making it more difficult to get a first down. It also may mean knocking us out of field goal range. Not many good things happen offensively when a fumble is involved. You have your occasional freak plays but that's about it. It is true that alot of his fumbles is because of pressure and failure of the front line but a lot of them are because of him too.

I agree with what most are saying about his contract. It's too high for anyone to want him especially after this injury. However, as I mentioned earlier, there are coaches out there that like to take chances. When Denny Green feels strong about someone he goes for it. YSame for Davis. You can't just rule out any offers because it's not what you want the team to do. The issue is there are teams out there that would love to have Pep especially if his rehab is working well. Teams may be willing to give up a #1 draft pick and a proven notable for him if he is improving. I still think it is foolish not to entertain offers. Entertaining and actually doing are two different things. If an offer is not good, don't do it.

OK. I can understand that. I have a slightly different definition of the word entertain, though. I have always associated it with a slightly close courtship with an idea. There's nothing wrong with looking at a bad proposal, mulling it over, THEN laughing in their faces. :lol:

6-KINGS
11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

Threads like this make me want to stick my head in the oven.


Maybe after baking at 400 degrees for a half hour I can understand why this phenomena happens.

Drink the Kool-Aid Children...........

cajunvike
11-09-2005, 10:52 PM
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE...PLEASE...KILL THIS THREAD!!!

DemonicViking
11-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Maybe this race of unknowns can take care of that..

http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

ultravikingfan
11-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Favre will retire a hillbilly Packer!

magicci
11-10-2005, 02:13 AM
If the vikings do end up trading Culpepper they will go down as the stupidest franchise in NFL history. February will be like this

Media: Trade Culpepper now, there are plenty of teams willing to give a lot for him. He isnt right for the Vikings.........

March.....

vikings trade him.

Media: The vikings are dumb. First Randy Moss now Culpepper this team must be trying hard to not make the superbowl

BBQ Platypus
11-10-2005, 10:49 PM
"magicci" wrote:

If the vikings do end up trading Culpepper they will go down as the stupidest franchise in NFL history. February will be like this

Media Trade Culpepper now, there are plenty of teams willing to give a lot for him. He isnt right for the Vikings.........

March.....

vikings trade him.

Media The vikings are dumb. First Randy Moss now Culpepper this team must be trying hard to not make the superbowlExactly. The media is like a mixture between a snobby MN suburbanite and a CB: hypocrites with no memory whatsoever.

twilliamson1914
11-11-2005, 12:36 AM
total bull we just spent like what 120 million on this guy

Unless like the Cardinals wanna give us 120 million dollars and larry fitzerald NO DEAL

Prophet
02-27-2007, 01:15 PM
....some fun offseason reading.

OchoCinco
02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


....some fun offseason reading.


I like the above sig...Troy Williamson...Solid....LMAO

Prophet
02-27-2007, 01:49 PM
"OchoCinco" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


....some fun offseason reading.


I like the above sig...Troy Williamson...Solid....LMAO


Nov. 2005 was the last time he was active. lol

singersp
02-27-2007, 06:22 PM
"Vikes316" wrote:


THE VIKINGS WILL NOT TRADE DAUNTE CULPEPPER!!!!!!!!
trust me on this one. if they were to trades him it would be even a worse move then the moss trade and probably thw worst trade in viking history. trust me they wont and cant trade one of the best in the leage.......again


Gotta love when some of these old threads are dug up.
;)

BadlandsVikings
02-27-2007, 06:26 PM
"BBQ" wrote:


"magicci" wrote:

If the vikings do end up trading Culpepper they will go down as the stupidest franchise in NFL history. February will be like this

Media Trade Culpepper now, there are plenty of teams willing to give a lot for him. He isnt right for the Vikings.........

March.....

vikings trade him.

Media The vikings are dumb. First Randy Moss now Culpepper this team must be trying hard to not make the superbowlExactly.
The media is like a mixture between a snobby MN suburbanite and a CB:
hypocrites with no memory whatsoever.


Where's BBQ?

PurplePlain
02-27-2007, 07:48 PM
The Culpepper trade was lunacy at it's best. IMO we should
have said "Daute, I understand you are unhappy. But you
are under contract. We will consider a trade next year after
you rehab and show what you can do in the last half."

We had nothing to lose doing this, and if he'd rehabed (like I
feel he will show this year) we'd have gotten a load for him.

Oh well............ it's history now/

V-Unit
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
It's humbling to see some of the old timers being wrong on this one too. Still I hated the trade simply because it made for a miserable offseason.

moviking
02-27-2007, 08:58 PM
hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and Underwood instead of Kearse and Winfield (who were both available with those picks) that those two picks would set us back 10 years. Guess what.....we are still paying for it!
Bottom line, blame Da-Knee for being too smart! I mean for god;s sake, why draft a QB when you extended your starter with a big money contract and picked up Jeff George to be his backup? Cunningham;s extension in itself says, this is our starter for the next five years. Now we all know that Cunningham was done, but at the time of the draft, that was not known. So why a QB when the real reason we lost the NFC Championship game was a lack of defense? So to save face he drafted Underwood with that second pick in the 1st even though Nick Saban.....yes the jerk Saban told everyone that would listen not to take the kid because he was a head case.

Think about this in all seriousness.....would you rather have gotten Jevon Kearse and Antoine Winfield and had Jeff George running that offense for the next 4 or 5 years instead of what we got? Think Jeff George would have got his ass kicked into the ground in NY in 00? Think the Giants would have even had the game at their place that year if we would have had those guys instead of Dumpy? Think they would have lost 3 straight to close the season to lose homefield?

Anyone that serious considers that very real scenario of what we could have had if we would have never gotten the Gump and thinks we ended up better off with that collosal piece of crap......I suggest valium and beer!
Peace OUT

dr.defi
02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
It sure is easy to sound smart two years later.

baumy300
02-28-2007, 12:16 AM
If I remember right, the Giants were listening to our play calling through our headsets somehow...

ejmat
02-28-2007, 03:13 AM
"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and Underwood instead of Kearse and Winfield (who were both available with those picks) that those two picks would set us back 10 years. Guess what.....we are still paying for it!
Bottom line, blame Da-Knee for being too smart! I mean for god;s sake, why draft a QB when you extended your starter with a big money contract and picked up Jeff George to be his backup? Cunningham;s extension in itself says, this is our starter for the next five years. Now we all know that Cunningham was done, but at the time of the draft, that was not known. So why a QB when the real reason we lost the NFC Championship game was a lack of defense? So to save face he drafted Underwood with that second pick in the 1st even though Nick Saban.....yes the jerk Saban told everyone that would listen not to take the kid because he was a head case.

Think about this in all seriousness.....would you rather have gotten Jevon Kearse and Antoine Winfield and had Jeff George running that offense for the next 4 or 5 years instead of what we got? Think Jeff George would have got his jiggly butt kicked into the ground in NY in 00? Think the Giants would have even had the game at their place that year if we would have had those guys instead of Dumpy? Think they would have lost 3 straight to close the season to lose homefield?

Anyone that serious considers that very real scenario of what we could have had if we would have never gotten the Gump and thinks we ended up better off with that collosal piece of crap......I suggest valium and beer!
Peace OUT


That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful.
None of us will ever know what would have happened.
I don't think we lost that game in 1998 due to defense.
I think it was more because of Dennie Green getting conservative because of the fumble right before the end of the first half.
You don't go 18 1/2 games playing one way and them all of the sudden change your game plan because of a fumble.

Anyway, I did like George running the offense and thought we could have done pretty well.
I don't blame it all on Culpepper but the scenerio of having George and Brad Johnson instead of Culpepper and whoever the backup was then drafting Kearse and Winfield instead of him and Underwood is very interesting.
Robert Smith and George saw this team going bad.
That is why Smith retired and why George wanted to leave.

DeathtoDenny
02-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Baumy300, I've been saying the Giants cheated for years. There was an article about it on NFL.com but then it was deleted from history!

Prophet
02-28-2007, 07:36 AM
"ejmat" wrote:


"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and ...

That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful...

Insightful??
Posting in a couple yr old thread and spewing venom about stuff that we all know the outcome of?
Insightful?
:o
;D

OchoCinco
02-28-2007, 07:50 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and ...

That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful...

Insightful??
Posting in a couple yr old thread and spewing venom about stuff that we all know the outcome of?
Insightful?
:o
;D



I was there when he was born, and I could see then that he would be a wasted draft pick for the vikings........

Prophet
02-28-2007, 07:52 AM
"OchoCinco" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and ...

That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful...

Insightful??
Posting in a couple yr old thread and spewing venom about stuff that we all know the outcome of?
Insightful?
:o
;D



I was there when he was born, and I could see then that he would be a wasted draft pick for the vikings........


There's a difference, you were disguising yourself as a doctor and slapping him around until he was unconscious.
You knew of the pending brain damage.
That still isn't insightful, that was just you being an ass.

Zeus
02-28-2007, 08:29 AM
"OchoCinco" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and ...

That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful...

Insightful??
Posting in a couple yr old thread and spewing venom about stuff that we all know the outcome of?
Insightful?
:o
;D



I was there when he was born, and I could see then that he would be a wasted draft pick for the vikings........


The first time I saw Daunte Culpepper grip a ball with those tiny-man-hands of his, I had visions of the Vikings QB of the future......





....Tarvaris "The Future" Jackson.

=Z=

ejmat
02-28-2007, 09:25 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and ...

That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful...

Insightful??
Posting in a couple yr old thread and spewing venom about stuff that we all know the outcome of?
Insightful?
:o
;D


I think so.
Everyone could have their opinions of what could have been.
Of course, we will never know.
But thinking of signing some defensive players that could have made a difference and keeping 2 QBs that were capable of doing the job.
It is interesting to me.
Again, I think he was a little harsh with some of the things he said but yet I have to admit the post made me think.

That being said I see your point and it may not be interesting to dwell over what never was.
However, it did make me think about it.

Prophet
02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
"ejmat" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and ...

That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful...

Insightful??
Posting in a couple yr old thread and spewing venom about stuff that we all know the outcome of?
Insightful?
:o
;D


I think so.
Everyone could have their opinions of what could have been.
Of course, we will never know.
But thinking of signing some defensive players that could have made a difference and keeping 2 QBs that were capable of doing the job.
It is interesting to me.
Again, I think he was a little harsh with some of the things he said but yet I have to admit the post made me think.

That being said I see your point and it may not be interesting to dwell over what never was.
However, it did make me think about it.


I was just joking around anyway. This is the time of the year for what ifs regarding the future of the team, why can't we do the what ifs in the past too?
My problem is with some coming in yrs after a post was made and acting like they knew what was going to happen and calling others idiots for not seeing it coming (but, then again, I love to do that...nothing like pulling up old threads to humble people).

ejmat
02-28-2007, 10:33 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"moviking" wrote:


hey.....me personally?
I am glad we finally ridded ourselves of that oversized waste of oxygen! I said it back in 99 when we drafted him and ...

That's an interesting opinion.
A little harsh but yet insightful...

Insightful??
Posting in a couple yr old thread and spewing venom about stuff that we all know the outcome of?
Insightful?
:o
;D


I think so.
Everyone could have their opinions of what could have been.
Of course, we will never know.
But thinking of signing some defensive players that could have made a difference and keeping 2 QBs that were capable of doing the job.
It is interesting to me.
Again, I think he was a little harsh with some of the things he said but yet I have to admit the post made me think.

That being said I see your point and it may not be interesting to dwell over what never was.
However, it did make me think about it.


I was just joking around anyway. This is the time of the year for what ifs regarding the future of the team, why can't we do the what ifs in the past too?
My problem is with some coming in yrs after a post was made and acting like they knew what was going to happen and calling others idiots for not seeing it coming (but, then again, I love to do that...nothing like pulling up old threads to humble people).



Hey Prophet.
I knew you were joking with me.
I never take anything you say to me personally knowing who you are.
I agree with you.
I don't like when people do that either.
The thing about this is I didn't see this person saying this after the 2004 season or even after the 2000 regular season when we went to the NFC Championship game.
Nor would I have.
I will be the first to admit I was happy when Pep was drafted but I was upset that BJ was let go.
But I didn't hold that against Pep.
It's very easy to second guess things.
Look at how many second guess the war.
(That's used as an example.
Not to make this into a political debate).
It was something Green did and I trusted his ability to draft people.
After all the year before he drafted Moss and I think that turned out pretty good for a while.
I may not have liked a lot of decisions Denny made however I can't take away how many years we made the playoffs under him so he must have done something right.