PDA

View Full Version : Confused..

ShiFtY
11-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Let me tell you something

I am a vikings fan... I always root for them.

However, today I wasn't too cheerful... as if I didn't want them to win.

I don't know, it's like I really want them to draft Reggie Bush but I want them to do well in the season also.

I was suprised the beat the Lions but I wasn't too thrilled about it.

I dont know what to think

LuckyVike
11-07-2005, 03:22 AM
I understand what you're talking about. Starting a week or so ago, I began having the same feeling. Perhaps even if we lose out it won't be such a bad thing. I even began to question myself as a true fan. Then I figured out the fact that I just want the best for my team. It was also a way to deal with our losing, it gave me something to look foward to, drafting an impact player. Even having these feelings, we're still Viking fans, damn good ones at that. Lets just support our team.

midgensa
11-07-2005, 03:26 AM
Simply put ... pulling for your team to lose is a cowardly act and a way to keep yourself from feeling bummed. So you can say hey, I dont mind losing because I want this player, blah blah blah ... it is just giving yourself a way out because you don't want to step up to the plate and be a fan no matter what.

kamikrazy_man
11-07-2005, 03:31 AM
One question. how can you not want them to win? wheter they are 10 -0 or 0-10 you should always be behind the team wanting them to WIN!!!!

Lotza
11-07-2005, 03:31 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats weird

just try your best to enjoy the win.

snowinapril
11-07-2005, 03:32 AM
These are word best uttered to your priest in confession or to your god in prayers before bedtime, not to Viking Fans on a Fan-site.

You are just numb to the losing. You just need to get the blood flowing again.

A lot has gone down in the season, most of it bad. It can give you that feeling. I hope the Vikes get your juices going again.

Also, stop worrying about the draft order, as long as you have a pick in the first round, you will have the opportunity to get a talented player. It is more important for the 53 guys out there to get some confidence going into next year than putting your hopes into one top ten draft choice. One guy no matter how good he is is not going to help the TEAM.

audioghost
11-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Reggie Bush won't do SH!T behind our swiss cheese O-Line....besides, we may need a QB depending on Daunte's surgery.....a rookie is NEVER the clear cut answer cuz you never know how they'll perform in the NFL....look at Ryan Leaf, or Rashaan Salaam, or Chris Hovan, or Brian Bosworth, or Akili Smith....all of them were gonna be "saviors"! The Vikes need to get it rollin....if they can get the O firing on all cylinders, they have a chance to be great (still)....

FuadFan
11-07-2005, 03:35 AM
We won't be drafting Bush so maybe that will help you to deal with that and you can get a good player no matter where you draft I am impressed with Erasmus James and we got him at #18.

ultravikingfan
11-07-2005, 03:36 AM
Not beat the Lions? We own those turds!

snowinapril
11-07-2005, 03:37 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

Simply put ... pulling for your team to lose is a cowardly act and a way to keep yourself from feeling bummed. So you can say hey, I dont mind losing because I want this player, blah blah blah ... it is just giving yourself a way out because you don't want to step up to the plate and be a fan no matter what.

Yes, you are right about it being cowardly.

What I was saying about feeling numb is the start of where you have to wake up and say I won't take the cowardly way out, and try to help your own blood to get flowing again.

SoCaliFans
11-07-2005, 03:39 AM
I enjoyed every second of jumping up & down & screaming. Never know how long it'll last, so I like to be in the moment. :hello1:

cc21
11-07-2005, 03:54 AM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

I enjoyed every second of jumping up & down & screaming. Never know how long it'll last, so I like to be in the moment. :hello1:Atta boy! Same here, this win will keep me happy all week long! :grin:

vegasvike
11-07-2005, 03:54 AM
in all honesty I dont think that you can ever become numb to losing. Last week after the lost to the Carolina Panties I really felt that someone had slowly stuck a knife in my gut and kept pushin until it had reached my back, then started violently twisting and jerking on that knife. I could not eat until Tuesday. But today after the win I almost cried from joy.

That really made me sound like I sit down to pee didn't it?

SoCaliFans
11-07-2005, 03:59 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

"SoCaliFans" wrote:

I enjoyed every second of jumping up & down & screaming. Never know how long it'll last, so I like to be in the moment. :hello1:Atta boy! Same here, this win will keep me happy all week long! :grin:

In my case, it'd be atta girl. Hee hee. Brian doesn't post on here, he just hears me reading him stuff.

What a great day! We won! And we had some really great plays! I think I need to start jumping & screaming again. :banana:

magicci
11-07-2005, 04:04 AM
well i felt the same way with the lakers...the center they drafted seems to have been a major upside. but i dont think that i want the vikings to lose out.

Mr. Purple
11-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Honestly I dont think its wrong for him to think that way. It dosnt make him not a fan. Cuz really who are we to lable what a true fan is. If thats his feelings or his way of looking at the season then bye any means go for it. I love draft time, its exciting to bring a new face, and I could see his point about wanting that high draft pick. But at the same time you still gotta pull for your team.

Webby
11-07-2005, 04:34 AM
He's cool. I can understand what he says.

Why would you attack someone for telling you their honest feelings in a very difficult and confusing year for Vikings fans?

That isn't very courageous.

DemonicViking
11-07-2005, 04:37 AM
"ShiFtY" wrote:

Let me tell you something

I am a vikings fan... I always root for them.

However, today I wasn't too cheerful... as if I didn't want them to win.

I don't know, it's like I really want them to draft Reggie Bush but I want them to do well in the season also.

I was suprised the beat the Lions but I wasn't too thrilled about it.

I dont know what to think

I am one who can relate to what you're saying, harboring more than one opinion on such a matter as wanting your team to do well but at the same time losing wouldn't sound like the worst thing in the world if you can get something out of it, but then again.. there are no guarantees you'll get what you want in the end. I think Houston and Green Bay are probably gonna end up with worse records than us, also, we don't know if Bush will enter the draft or not being he's a junior right now.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-07-2005, 04:38 AM
Yeah magicci. I was thinking that when making it. It may be a little risky to have up... If it gets to be a problem I can make you a new one WOT.

ultravikingfan
11-07-2005, 04:40 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Why would you attack someone for telling you their honest feelings in a very difficult and confusing year for Vikings fans?

Hey, screw you and your message!

What are you trying to say again? :?:

:lol:

magicci
11-07-2005, 04:41 AM
lol my post was deleted, i also noticed my post about brad last week was deleted and it had nothing bad in it...maybe someone doesnt want me to post here at all anymore...lol i know i shouldt have said that out in public like i did so im sorry mod who deleted my post.

Webby
11-07-2005, 04:48 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

Hey, screw you and your message!

What are you trying to say again? :?:

That my Tahoe with skid plates will drive all over your GMC.

bwahahahahaha :booty: