PDA

View Full Version : No matter what happens...

ItalianStallion
11-06-2005, 10:26 PM
With all the off-field, on field and injury problems we have had this year, we can always count on one thing... we own the Lions. That being said, they always make it interesting.

V4L
11-06-2005, 10:28 PM
I always look forward to kicking the shit outta the Lions! We can get atleast 1 win a year from them!

gregair13
11-06-2005, 10:42 PM
we love to make things interesting. now if only we can beat the giants...

kamikrazy_man
11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
hopefully instead of the giants beating us and sending us on our downhill spiral like they have the last few years we can beat them and send our season in the other direction.the g men arent lookin that good right now against the 49ers

mnvikes61
11-06-2005, 11:40 PM
i always dread the game against the Giants. hopefully the outcome will be different than in the last couple of years. i'm gonna enjoy the victory though for the time being! Great game Vikings, let's keep this up!

snowinapril
11-06-2005, 11:50 PM
"kamikrazy_man" wrote:

hopefully instead of the giants beating us and sending us on our downhill spiral like they have the last few years we can beat them and send our season in the other direction.the g men arent lookin that good right now against the 49ers

Let's send them downward

The 9ers are on a defensive revival or something.

I am scared to think about the Giants game. They truly have been our nemisis the last 8 years or so. However many years it is it seems longer.

Lotza
11-07-2005, 12:26 AM
they smacked us last year at our home so i say lets smack 'em back!!!

VikingMike
11-07-2005, 12:30 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

i always dread the game against the Giants. hopefully the outcome will be different than in the last couple of years. i'm gonna enjoy the victory though for the time being! Great game Vikings, let's keep this up!

So do I...they have owned us since we took that playoff game from them at Giants Stadium years ago. It's been hell since then. And where I live and work, I'm surrounded by Giant fans who never let me forget 41-0. We gotta turn it around next week.

gregair13
11-07-2005, 02:57 AM
for the last few years, we came in amazing going into the giants game, get whooped and the rest of the season goes down hill. this year is the opposite. we are not that great going into the giants game, so mabye we will win and then do nothing but get better!

VikingMike
11-07-2005, 03:15 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

for the last few years, we came in amazing going into the giants game, get whooped and the rest of the season goes down hill. this year is the opposite. we are not that great going into the giants game, so mabye we will win and then do nothing but get better!

Nothing would make me happier than to stick it to the Giants and start on a winning streak.

PurplePackerEater
11-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Maybe they'll under estimate us and we'll surprise them!

singersp
11-07-2005, 12:55 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Maybe they'll under estimate us and we'll surprise them!

I doubt it. The Giants have pretty much "owned" us both at home & the dome. They've had our number for years.

But on any given Sunday.......!

cajunvike
11-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I declare next Sunday...ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!! Therefore, we will shock the world...and beat the Giants!!!

singersp
11-08-2005, 01:52 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I declare next Sunday...ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!! Therefore, we will shock the world...and beat the Giants!!!

They rank 12th in total offense, 25th in total defense (we are 27th), but 1st in scoring. Averaging 29+ points per game.

They have give up 11 turnovers, are 9th against the run & 28th against the pass.

If our "D" can keep their offense in check & the coaches pick up on their weak pass defense & call plays accordingly, this could be that "Any Given Sunday".

WBLVikeBabe
11-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks for those stats Singer. It sounds like we can actually beat these guys. Any Given Sunday baby, this'll be it!!

shawn
11-10-2005, 12:40 AM
This would be a huge win against our nemisis. It killed me when they crushed us in the NFC playoff game a few years back. It was 14 zip before I even cracked a beer!!

WBLVikeBabe
11-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Yes it shall be an interesting game. I don't want to get my hopes up but I really think we have a chance.

magicci
11-10-2005, 01:02 AM
i think burlseon and bennett are the keys to this game. idk why but i have a real good feeling about burleson this game.

V4L
11-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Yah Magic I have the same feeling man.. I think he is just bound for a breakout game or something.. I think he might do that!

WBLVikeBabe
11-10-2005, 01:15 AM
I hope so too, if he does have a breakout game it would be nice to get more points on my fantasy team since he's one of my WR's. I'm currently in fifth place out of 8, so come on Burley make me proud!!