PDA

View Full Version : Burnsy to be inducted into the ring of honor tomorrow

umaguma1979
11-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Jerry Burns - what can you say......The true inventor of the west coast offense - no it was not Bill Walsh. As the o-coordinator of the Vikings in the late 1970's he implemented the first 3-wide single back offense that became the staple of the Minnesota Vikings for years to come. Sure brings back some great memories. I think the best play we can credit him for that has somewhat become obsolete this day in age is the quick slant. Wilson and Kramer to AC - now that brings back some memmories. How close he came in 1987 to beat the Redskins - if only nelson could have gotten into the endzone.

It is hoped that someday Tommy Kramer and Cris Carter is added to the ring of honor as well.

singersp
11-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Cris is already in the ring of honor!

kramer9guy
11-06-2005, 03:35 AM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

How close he came in 1987 to beat the Redskins - if only nelson could have gotten into the endzone.

Did you have to remind me? :lol: That was one of the most classic Viking heartbreakers of all time in my book. But still, I always liked Jerry Burns right to the end.

"umaguma1979" wrote:

It is hoped that someday Tommy Kramer is added to the ring of honor as well.

That would be nice. While he never brought us to the Super Bowl, he did set many Vikings passing records at the time. He'll be in there one day...

ultravikingfan
11-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Its funny when people mention that Cris should be in there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/Ticket.jpg

This is from the game when he was inducted.

Plus, a lot of people do not know that Jerry was our Offensive Coordinator during our 4 SB runs.

Glad he finally made it!

singersp
11-06-2005, 05:24 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Its funny when people mention that Cris should be in there.

Plus, a lot of people do not know that Jerry was our Offensive Coordinator during our 4 SB runs.

Glad he finally made it!

True that!

umaguma1979
11-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Yeah what can ya say - his favorite was two minute Tommy Kramer

Freya
11-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Yay for Jerry Burns!!! Good times, good memories.

Paulbedy59
11-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Jerry was a class act and a great off cordinator,who doesnt get the credit he deserves.I,m happy he is finally in the circle ,congrats Jerry..