PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency

SharperVikings
11-03-2005, 02:28 AM
For the need of the Middle Linebacker, we should try to sign julian peterson. The 49ers "franchised" him this year, and he will be a unrestricted free agent next year. That would add to the greatness of the vikings defense next year. The 49ers most likely wont be able to resign him because of the need at quarterback, and the need of money to pay draft picks. So there is about a 90% chance he will be a free agent next season. We should hit him hard!

What do you think?

TheViking
11-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Not bad ideas but I don't get your logic. Why do the 49'ers need another QB and why would you move one of the best tackles in the game to guard, and why would he want to change positions. Just curious on your thoughts.

FuadFan
11-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Pace has a long term deal with the Rams and Peterson has had some injury problems the last two years so I would not want him also we will put Henderson back to the middle next year anyway in my opinion.

LunchBox
11-03-2005, 03:20 AM
not to mention that Peterson has been franchise tagged 3 years in a row now.

gregair13
11-03-2005, 03:35 AM
i game to get peterson. i bet he would kill to get out of san fran

akvikefan89
11-03-2005, 03:41 AM
I would love to see the Vikes get Peterson, but I don't think he would want to come in here unless he knew what the coaching situation is....If Zygi brings in a good D-coordinator and San Fran can't afford him it could happen.....

snowinapril
11-03-2005, 05:47 AM
It is not a bad idea, but I would have to know more info about hte contracts for some of our current RBs, how much of a hit do we take on them and when are their contracts up.

I think that we definitely could use a stud LB but first we have to commit to a D coordinator that will put together a good scheme. We have some young guys that have come of age and we don't really know how good they are or aren't.

Even if we would have gotten Pierce last off season, who is having a huge impact in NYG, he would probably look crappy in our D.

Hard to tell, good to keep Peterson as an option if it could work financially.

Paulbedy59
11-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Peterson would be a good pick-up.I still say use our 1 and 2 picks this year on the best available tackle and guard,there are a few monsters out there this year and then we can run the ball down peoples throats and mix in play action.Two things we cants do now.

V4L
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Sharper.. Chavous?

Smoot Peterson... EJ... Napo... Winny
Rasmus.... K-will... P-will... Udeze

Looks decent to me!

PurplePeopleEaters
11-03-2005, 05:37 PM
yeah really. Looking at that awesome lineup and watching us give up 200 yards to one guy... man FUCK TED COTRELL.

PurplePackerEater
11-03-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't think that we need anyone untill we know exactly what we have. The Coaches have drug everyone on this team down, and I am convinced that new coaching will do wonders for the players already on the team.

For all we know, we already have a "Julian Peterson" on the team.

ultravikingfan
11-03-2005, 07:04 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

I don't think that we need anyone untill we know exactly what we have. The Coaches have drug everyone on this team down, and I am convinced that new coaching will do wonders for the players already on the team.

Good point.

There could possibly other areas of the team or defense that need attention.

natethegreat
11-04-2005, 03:38 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Sharper.. Chavous?

Smoot Peterson... EJ... Napo... Winny
Rasmus.... K-will... P-will... Udeze

Looks decent to me!

i think that line up looks great, but yet so does this years, we have one of the best defenses on paper in nfl and i dont want to be known as a good paper defense, hopefully a new d cordninator can help that out

Grassdog61
11-04-2005, 03:52 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Amen Brother