PDA

View Full Version : Brad rules!



cajunvike
11-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Just a counterpoint thread...to balance out the "Brad sucks!" thread that was created by Negative Nancy.

Feel free to praise Brad here!

Examples:

Brad ROCKS!
Brad RULES!
Brad is the SHIZZLE!
Brad is gonna PIMP SLAP the Lions!

Carry on...

mrviking28
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Brad is bad.
Brad is rad.
Brad is going to make other teams feel sad.
Brad is going to make other teams feel mad.
Brad is my dad. WHAT?!?!?

GreenBaySlackers
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Just a counterpoint thread...to balance out the "Brad sucks!" thread that was created by Negative Nancy.

Feel free to praise Brad here!

Examples:

Brad ROCKS!
Brad RULES!
Brad is the SHIZZLE!
Brad is gonna PIMP SLAP the Lions!

Carry on...

Stephen Stills

The sky is clearing and the night
Has cried enough
The sun, he come, the world
to soften up
Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but
To carry on

The fortunes of fables are able
To see the dawn
Now witness the quickness with which
We carry on
To sing the blues you've got to live the tunes and
Carry on



BAM! how appropriate!


Brad Johnson > Mark Brunell, Anthony Wright, Trent Dilfer, Whoever is starting in SF, Chris Simms, Jeff Garcia, Kyle Orton, Kelly Holcombe. (and probably more)

cajunvike
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Kansas Lyrics

Carry On Wayward Son Lyrics


(Kerry Livgren)

Carry on my wayward son,
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Now don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreamin',
I can hear them say

Carry on my wayward son,
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Now don't you cry no more

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man,
it surely means that I don't know
On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune,
but I hear the voices say

Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son,
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Now don't you cry no more

ultravikingfan
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Brad is a pimp
Our offense shall not limp
Many a TD he will throw
All the doubters to hell you go!

:lol:

snowinapril
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Brad Rules:

1.) Get the football into the hands of the playmakers.
2.) If you forget what to do reread rule #1.

ultravikingfan
11-02-2005, 08:52 PM
If our D can step-up, Brad does not have to live up to unreachable expectations.

Kinda like he was in TB or Dilfer was in Baltimore during their runs.

If you have a great D, all he has to do is not lose the game for us.

vegasvike
11-02-2005, 09:11 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

If our D can step-up, Brad does not have to live up to unreachable expectations.

Kinda like he was in TB or Dilfer was in Baltimore during their runs.

If you have a great D, all he has to do is not lose the game for us.

Right on, the only thing that is wrong with your quote is that out DC is a completely brain dead fur-burger. But I agree with you we do have the talent on D I hope they play well for two reasons
1. to win the game
2. to spite Cottrell

cajunvike
11-02-2005, 09:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Brad is a pimp
Our offense shall not limp
Many a TD he will throw
All the doubters to hell you go!

:lol:

Don't quit your day job! :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters
11-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Brad has won the super bowl.
He will silence all the trolls.

michaelmazid
11-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Lets not forget that Brad went to the pro bowl and has won the superbowl.
So, pound for pound, he is better than daunte.

Lotza
11-02-2005, 09:25 PM
brad is a quarterback
throwing ain't something that he lack
when pep went down i had a heart attack
but brad will bring the vikings back!

Del Rio
11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
In 1997 Brad Johnson threw a 3 yard touchdown pass........to himself.


The guy is a maniac. He will win us some games, no doubt. STARTING this Sunday.

StillPurple
11-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I read that both starting Lions corners are out. Should be easy to hook up with Marcus and Nate for some TDs.

Brad is the MAN !!! :grin:

snowinapril
11-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Somewhere near PPOville, the Grinch's heart grew 10 times it's size today.
And he felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

Goodbye negativity!

cajunvike
11-02-2005, 10:14 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

brad is a quarterback
throwing ain't something that he lack
when pep went down i had a heart attack
but brad will bring the vikings back!

Stay in school! :razz:

cajunvike
11-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Brad is THE MAN!!! He HAS to be for our season to be salvaged! Here's to a complete turnaround and some momentum going into the playoffs!!!

ultravikingfan
11-02-2005, 10:24 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Brad is a pimp
Our offense shall not limp
Many a TD he will throw
All the doubters to hell you go!

:lol:

Don't quit your day job! :lol:

I wish I had yours...posting here all day.

Webby
11-02-2005, 10:33 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Brad is a pimp
Our offense shall not limp
Many a TD he will throw
All the doubters to hell you go!

:lol:

Don't quit your day job! :lol:

I wish I had yours...posting here all day.

That's like the pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

DEEP PURPLE
11-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Brad Johnson = accurate & intellegent

therefore

Vikings with ball in playmakers hands = VICTORY!!!!

SKOL RAD BRAD!!!!!!!!! :occasion5:

ultravikingfan
11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Brad is a pimp
Our offense shall not limp
Many a TD he will throw
All the doubters to hell you go!

:lol:

Don't quit your day job! :lol:

I wish I had yours...posting here all day.

That's like the pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

:roll: Not even close. I am in school all day.

I am more of a "Night Poster".

stjmnsota
11-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I am not saying that Brad is the all mighty savior, but he shouldn't do any worse than Daunte. Brad can read defenses and should be able to hit open receivers where Daunte couldn't see them.

Sad for Daunte, great athlete, but let's be real, he wasn't going to take the Vikes anywhere. I hope he does make a comeback next year. But we should have traded him with Moss. Now what's his trade value? Bears need a QB, how much more would we have to give up to get Urlacher?

Freya
11-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Skol Brad!

snowinapril
11-02-2005, 11:05 PM
"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:

Brad Johnson = accurate & intellegent

therefore

Vikings with ball in playmakers hands = VICTORY!!!!

SKOL RAD BRAD!!!!!!!!! :occasion5:

Listen to Brad handle himself and the media very well at todays PC

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/vikings/demand/Johnson11205.rm&proto=rtsp

Big C
11-02-2005, 11:08 PM
He ran for his life when the O-line let blitzers through against Carolina. That right there is the white Culpepper.

scottishvike
11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Brad is not getting any younger, his arm may not be very strong; but he has won the big one and he has experience. If the O-line gives him a bit of time he will get the ball where it has to go, as back-ups go we could do a lot worse.

stjmnsota
11-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I like Brad, I didn't add that we should have never let him go in the first place. That trade pissed me off. I just wish he was a few years younger. But he will do fine. Maybe even great. I have more confidence in Brad than Culpepper even on Culpeppers "great stat years". Brad will win games good or bad stats, Daunte Lost games with great stats.

I am on the Brad Bandwagon.

SharperVikings
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Well hes got a ring so hes obviously gotta be pretty decent...

SamDawg84
11-03-2005, 12:30 AM
brad is my fav. qb.... im a big supporter of him

SamDawg84
11-03-2005, 12:33 AM
umm that 1 person who was talkin about the bears... we dont trade with rivals!

NordicNed
11-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Cajun,


That Kansas song is one of my all-time favorites....

I actually got to see Kansas 2 times in Concert.....Even if only one eye was open both times....

Del,

How can anyone ever forget the 3 yard Self Thrown TD......Awesome play calling there my friend....and only BJ could pull that play off..


I truly think we are in for some suprises the rest of the way out , during this season..

Brad will be fine....Trust Me.....


Just win Baby...
Viking Ned

stek
11-03-2005, 12:36 AM
I saw kansas in concert this last year. And for how old they are, they've still got it. It was a small venue which was awesome because I was right in front. Killer concert...one of the best I've ever seen.

cajunvike
11-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Kansas was the FIRST concert that I ever attended...and I would pay to see them again! Dust in the Wind is a timeless classic!

NordicNed
11-03-2005, 12:50 AM
You two make me want to go out and hit the old bong right about now....


But reality says no,

I haven't done that in years.....

But I could still go out and fire up the Ole Ford Pinto and take some friends for a road trip....LMAO...

i_bleed_purple
11-03-2005, 02:38 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

Lets not forget that Brad went to the pro bowl and has won the superbowl.
So, pound for pound, he is better than daunte.

you use the same logic as packer backers

BBQ Platypus
11-03-2005, 03:27 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Somewhere near PPOville, the Grinch's heart grew 10 times it's size today.
And he felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

Goodbye negativity!

...so, we're finally taking out the trash and getting rid of that douchebag xvikingfan?

CulpepperViking16
11-03-2005, 03:48 AM
We're going to finish 5-11 or 7-9. Brad's a mediocre quarterback now that he's in his 30's, so we're going to have a mediocre finish. It sucks...I know. Either way I'll stick by the Vikings. We could've been so much better off if we kept Gus Frerotte. Since this thread is about promoting Brad, then I'll just say that he has 3 non-torn ligaments and I'd rather have him then our third string...next season will be better....

Southern Vike,
Sean

jimmymac
11-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Brad is the man!!!

I'm expecting great things out of him and a turn-around for the Viking's season.

Go Vikings.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-03-2005, 04:04 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

You two make me want to go out and hit the old bong right about now....


But reality says no,

I haven't done that in years.....

But I could still go out and fire up the Ole Ford Pinto and take some friends for a road trip....LMAO...

As long as it's not a cigarette. :wink:

gregair13
11-03-2005, 05:57 AM
looking at our shed, we should win our next 4 or 5 games.
detriot - bad team;
giants - we never beat them, but mabye this year?
packers - suck
browns - suck
detriot - again, still a bad team

CulpepperViking16
11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

looking at our shed, we should win our next 4 or 5 games.
detriot - bad team;
giants - we never beat them, but mabye this year?
packers - suck
browns - suck
detriot - again, still a bad team


That would be awesome, and I can actually picture us beating the Giants. It's probably a fantasy, but I'm more optimistic about that game

Ltrey33
11-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Has anyone else thought that maybe with Brad we'll find something that works? I know it's very, very hard to turn losing C-Pep into a positive, but maybe this will turn our offense around. Tice has already said that he's going to look to the shorter passes that Brad is better at throwing. I think a lot of our problem all year is that we've had really long developing, deep plays that guys have failed to get open on and we have to hold the ball longer, which our O-line isn't equipped for. I think our playbook is still too Mossified. Our recieving corps is deep, but we don't have the stretch the field players that we have had. I think maybe with shorter passes, 3 step drops and that sort of thing, our offense might actually start to click some more. Anyone else agree?

cajunvike
11-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I agree that more timing patterns and quick releases are needed to jumpstart the offense...if you look at many of the other teams in the league, their offenses are much more precise in the passing game...and Brad can handle that type of offense just fine. Yeah, we won't have many long TDs, but I will take long scoring drives made up of short passes and runs just the same!

cajunvike
11-03-2005, 05:42 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

You two make me want to go out and hit the old bong right about now....


But reality says no,

I haven't done that in years.....

But I could still go out and fire up the Ole Ford Pinto and take some friends for a road trip....LMAO...

To Baltimore on Christmas Night!!! :grin: To watch the Vikes kick some Raven butt!!! :cool:

DEEP PURPLE
11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

Has anyone else thought that maybe with Brad we'll find something that works? I know it's very, very hard to turn losing C-Pep into a positive, but maybe this will turn our offense around. Tice has already said that he's going to look to the shorter passes that Brad is better at throwing. I think a lot of our problem all year is that we've had really long developing, deep plays that guys have failed to get open on and we have to hold the ball longer, which our O-line isn't equipped for. I think our playbook is still too Mossified. Our recieving corps is deep, but we don't have the stretch the field players that we have had. I think maybe with shorter passes, 3 step drops and that sort of thing, our offense might actually start to click some more. Anyone else agree?

I was not the creator of this thread, this is the original post in this thread.


WTF, I have no idea how this post got into Brad Rules, I was replying in "Maybe with Brad...." I am very confused and I think my nicotein level is getting low, I better go enhance my chances at cancer immediatly.

cajunvike
11-03-2005, 10:12 PM
That's OK, DP! At least you are posting SOMEWHERE! LOL

tastywaves
11-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Back to the lyrics, after reading the first page of posts it took me 2 more pages to get out of reading each post in some kind of tempo.

A classic comes to mind:

Hickory Dickory Dock.
Brad's too big for his jock
So he laid them to rest
on some lions chest
and paddled his face with his....

DEEP PURPLE
11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Brad did exactly what he knows how to do nothing less, nothing more. Managed the game well, didn't turn the ball over, hit his checkdowns, and didn't try and force anything. Like I said earlier in this thread, he is very accurate and very intellegent, and that can be a winning combination. Go Brad!!!!


SKOL VIKINGS!!!!! :occasion5:

ultravikingfan
11-07-2005, 04:22 PM
If we can run the ball effectively, Brad does not need to do anything spectacular. Just do not lose the game for us, thats all. And that is exactly what we did!

Kudos to Brad!

UkViking
11-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Great win Vikes,and well done Brad ,you got the best out of the O and we can try and build on this.

V-Unit
11-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Brad led us to a win that we desperately needed. Now we still have playoff hopes. The NFC North is anybody's now and with that performance Brad proved that he is capable of leading the team to an NFC North title.

What impressed me more is how the offense gelled with him.

cajunvike
11-07-2005, 09:46 PM
GO BRAD!!! Lead us to the Promised Land!!!

Pirate
11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Fun to watch. Gets rid of the ball like it's a hot potato. He will definately keep the receivers on task.

snowinapril
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
"tastywaves" wrote:

Back to the lyrics, after reading the first page of posts it took me 2 more pages to get out of reading each post in some kind of tempo.

A classic comes to mind:

Hickory Dickory Dock.
Brad's too big for his jock
So he laid them to rest
on some lions chest
and paddled his face with his....


HUH!!!

LMAO!

StillPurple
11-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I was reading in Men's Journal an article about Tom Brady. They said, most NFL QBs will throw 9 amazing passes, and one that gets picked and returned the other way. They don't really think about that 10th pass. Brady, however, does think about that 10th pass, and the result is, he doesn't throw it. He also doesn't try to get a ball between 2 defenders 45-yards downfield, because it will look great on Sports Center later that night. A lot of QBs do that in the NFL. Brady is great, because he throws high percentage, short and intermediate passes, and he doesn't let one get away that goes back the other way. In other words, he doesn't lose the game for his team.

I read that and I think Brad Johnson is also that kind of QB. He runs an offense that revolves around short passes, and he doesn't lose the game for you.

I love Brad's speed at reading the defense, and his speed at releasing the ball. he knows the Vikings system and doesn't have to relearn the terminology, because he "grew up" in our system.

Yesterday's game vs. Detroit proved to me that Brad still has the arm and can still play in the NFL. Not only can he play, he looked very good and very confident.

I was very impressed by him yesterday.

snowinapril
11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

I was reading in Men's Journal an article about Tom Brady. They said, most NFL QBs will throw 9 amazing passes, and one that gets picked and returned the other way. They don't really think about that 10th pass. Brady, however, does think about that 10th pass, and the result is, he doesn't throw it. He also doesn't try to get a ball between 2 defenders 45-yards downfield, because it will look great on Sports Center later that night. A lot of QBs do that in the NFL. Brady is great, because he throws high percentage, short and intermediate passes, and he doesn't let one get away that goes back the other way. In other words, he doesn't lose the game for his team.

I read that and I think Brad Johnson is also that kind of QB. He runs an offense that revolves around short passes, and he doesn't lose the game for you.

I love Brad's speed at reading the defense, and his speed at releasing the ball. he knows the Vikings system and doesn't have to relearn the terminology, because he "grew up" in our system.

Yesterday's game vs. Detroit proved to me that Brad still has the arm and can still play in the NFL. Not only can he play, he looked very good and very confident.

I was very impressed by him yesterday.

I was impressed also. I watched a couple of the games he played in last year for TB before he lost his job to Griese. He threw some INTs that we some easy throws. That is why I was a little, a little, sceptacle going into the Det game. His arm seemed to be week last year and yesterday it seemed to have zip. I am pleased as punch. He still have to put 2 halves in one game together though. Out offense sputtered in the 2nd half. IDK why that is, I am going to say this week it was play calling. I think we went conservative and the Det D picked it up?????

Storm
11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Woot, go Brad!

singersp
11-12-2005, 03:36 PM
From New York Daily News.com

Vikings not too bad with Brad

The big play used to be a big worry when the Giants played the Minnesota Vikings. Randy Moss was difficult to cover. Daunte Culpepper was hard to stop.

Now Moss is in Oakland and Culpepper is out for the season and the offense is "more methodical," according to coach Mike Tice. It's also now in the hands of veteran Brad Johnson, and considering how badly things went for the Vikings (3-5) early this season, having him at quarterback might not be a bad thing.

"What the Vikings did last weekend (when they saved their season with a 27-14 win over Detroit) was to construct a plan which suited them very well," Tom Coughlin said. "Brad Johnson was very poised, very alert, controlled the game from the quarterback standpoint, didn't make any errors. He is a veteran, he has great poise, he has been there many times before."

In other words, he might be just what the Vikes need to settle things down - which is exactly what he did when he went 15 of 22 for 136 yards and two TDs against the Lions. He focused on high-percentage, short passes that cut down on the turnovers and loosened things up for their run game.

It was a ball-control attack that's hard to envision Culpepper trying to run.

"Brad manages the line of scrimmage very well and manages the huddle," Tice said. "He is patient, and the type of offense we need to be able to play to win is we have to be able to run the ball and utilize that short passing game. We are still going to take shots down the field with Brad, but I think more of those shots will come off of play action as opposed to just dropping back into shotgun and throwing the ball."

In other words, with the 37-year-old Johnson - who is 4-1 lifetime against the Giants (6-2) - Minnesota isn't likely to engage the NFL's highest-scoring team in a shootout tomorrow afternoon. "(Johnson) doesn't have the same explosiveness that Daunte brings to the table," Tice added. "But, he does have a Super Bowl ring."

Freya
11-12-2005, 03:41 PM
I like that. I hope he can keep the guys focused on THIS game. They need to dump any and all mental blocks concerning the Giants at the door.

V4L
11-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Brad will make it two straight wins for us tommarow! Go BJ!

SamDawg84
11-13-2005, 12:25 AM
b-rad is the man, he will march us to victory! lol

mnvikes61
11-13-2005, 12:28 AM
i can't wait to see how he performs in tomorrow game against the Giants.

DemonicViking
11-13-2005, 12:30 AM
The Johnson-Williamson combination in full force.

umaguma1979
11-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah.....if Troy holds onto the ball.

mnvikes61
11-13-2005, 12:53 AM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

Yeah.....if Troy holds onto the ball.
:roll: that's some optimism right there
c'mon man have faith in him, you act like he's dropping balls left and right. he dropped that TD last week but that isn't one of the easiest catches to make even if it did hit him in the hands.

DemonicViking
11-13-2005, 01:21 AM
It's expected he might be a little inconsistent since he's a rookie, but he's making catches at least and will hopefully turn out to be the threat we thought he would be in years to come once he has more experience.

tke0933
11-13-2005, 01:22 AM
He will keep the reicevers on their toes for the short, quick slant pass. That will in turn open up a 20-30 yard pass downfield later on. Brad has opened up a new pass philosophy defenses will have to respect.

umaguma1979
11-13-2005, 02:21 AM
I'd love to see that quick slant reemerge - ala Tommy Kramer. Bj used to throw a great quick slant to Jake Reed over the middle back in the day. It will be great to see Brad get another chance to prove the Vikings wrong on why they traded him in the first place.

Oh - on Williamson.....he needs to develop better hands. He has the tools and the speed, but not the nack for the great catch that the #1 wide out in the draft needs to posess - literally.

mnvikes61
11-14-2005, 01:07 AM
well here's to Brad's 2nd victory! let's keep it going Brad glad to you have you back

WBLVikeBabe
11-14-2005, 01:10 AM
I say good job too, but he's still got some work to do this week. Just a question, were all those incomplete passes to Burleson Brad's fault or Burleson's fault? I couldn't really tell on some of them and I didn't tape the game.

singersp
11-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't think we played well on offense for the better part of the game. We got very few 1st downs & failed to move the ball on any type of long drive in 3-1/2 quarters.

I blame Loney on the play calls. Brad did a great job of not turning the ball over.

I didn't get to see our last drive. How long was it? anyone with any particulars on that drive?

I live in WI & they switched over to the Packer game right after the Giants put their last 6 on the board.

By the time I got the radio on & tuned in, it was 1 play before the FG.

collegeguyjeff
11-15-2005, 07:14 AM
word to ya motha. brad did nothing the whole game but his last drive wasn't lame; so give c pep the blame we won that game brett farve isn't sane his real names jane.

singersp
11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

word to ya motha. brad did nothing the whole game but his last drive wasn't lame; so give c pep the blame we won that game brett farve isn't sane his real names jane.

So why are you blaming C-Pep?