PDA

View Full Version : THE LIONS GAME!!!!!!

DeathtoDenny
11-02-2005, 12:14 AM
I know its hard to be amped about this game yet, but who's going? I work at the Dome and got the day off for my first lower level tickets ever and have plenty of beer money. Lets kick some Lion tail!

P.S. Tice, be him a man of little coaching ability, owns the Lions. That's something to be excited about.

Hooversham
11-02-2005, 12:19 AM
I'll be there with bells on man. Section 117. I'm going with my wife, father, my wife's stepdad, and my sister. I'm geared up. And, as my sig line states, they better do more than they did at the game I went to last year against the Giants. That was aweful.

mnvikes61
11-02-2005, 12:22 AM
i'm praying i can just get to watch the game. i'll have a six pack ready just in case they start getting blown away

cajunvike
11-02-2005, 12:37 AM
What are you guys talking about??? We are still celebrating beating the Packers...it's Groundhog Week!!!

snowinapril
11-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Tice saw this and says he is going to implement a new game plan.

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/uploads/forums/god_kitten.jpg

cc21
11-02-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm going to be there. I am really looking forward to this game because I think we can actually win!

singersp
11-02-2005, 01:03 AM
5 of us will be going! Section 235, row 21.

Lotza
11-02-2005, 01:24 AM
hey on the bright side if we win we might we'd be 3-5!

PurplePeopleEaters
11-02-2005, 01:33 AM
What Lions game? I thought we were playing the panthers this week, right singer?

singersp
11-02-2005, 01:37 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

What Lions game? I thought we were playing the panthers this week, right singer?

Right! We don't play them til next week. I had fun razzing the cheesedicks at work today! I collected $15 on bets!

Did you just get home from your flight out of Minni PPE?

whiteboy
11-02-2005, 01:38 AM
vikes over the lions, 27-7. johnson throws for 2 tds 1 int, memo rushes for one and edinger bangs two through the up rights

PurplePeopleEaters
11-02-2005, 01:40 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Right! We don't play them til next week. I had fun razzing the cheesedicks at work today! I collected $15 on bets!

Did you just get home from your flight out of Minni PPE?

Yep. Just got home. What a game that was... I can't wait to see Daunte vs. the Panthers.. he will tear them up.. (ok now thats just too sad to say.. tear them up... not even ironic just sad... :cry: )

michaelmazid
11-02-2005, 02:21 AM
I am soooooooooooo jealous of you guys. I am gonna be stuck at home in houston watching it on tv. you guys should all wear ppo t shirts.

ultravikingfan
11-02-2005, 03:59 AM
We win, they lose.

I do not care about the stats, as long as we get the "W"! :wink:

ItalianStallion
11-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey if we win, were second in the division, how sad is that.

WBLVikeBabe
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I'll be there and partying it up again in the Rapid Park lot. Hopefully those of you that are going can join us.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-02-2005, 09:31 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Hey if we win, were second in the division, how sad is that.

:lol: I forgot about actually winning with Pep out...

SharperVikings
11-03-2005, 12:24 AM
well at least its a division game! hopefully we do decent?

NordicNed
11-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I think we will win this game for sure...

WBL,

As long as you take your shirt off at half time, the win will be in the bag for us.......

I hope you enjoy the game..

StillPurple
11-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I see us winning this game. At home, we bring out the "Mr. Hyde" part of our team, and on the road, "Dr. Jekyl". Mr. Hyde plays like a playoff team, doesn't let penalties kill it, plays smart, gets the crowd into it, and makes big plays. Dr. Jekyl is horrible and every drive is killed by penalties. There is no momentum.

But serious... at home, we win. The Lions QB situation is even worse than ours. Kevin Jones is a bust, with like 2.7 yards rushing on average (trust me, I know, I have him on my fantasy roster, but he is "riding the pine" mostly, because he is not that good). The 2 starting Lions corners are out.

I see us wining this one.

6-KINGS
11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Just made a "phone call"
Vikes win Sunday

I guarantees it............

Prophet
11-03-2005, 07:51 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

Just made a "phone call"
Vikes win Sunday

Good news! That must mean that I'll have to host Guido again after the game. I get sick of hosting these characters you send my way from the PP.O witness protection program. That last time he paid a visit to my pad he drank my last bottle of Russian Vodka and then went on a rampage and smashed up my entertainment system. I guess it was still worth it, especially considering my options.

6-KINGS
11-03-2005, 08:03 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

Just made a "phone call"
Vikes win Sunday

Good news! That must mean that I'll have to host Guido again after the game. I get sick of hosting these characters you send my way from the PP.O witness protection program. That last time he paid a visit to my pad he drank my last bottle of Russian Vodka and then went on a rampage and smashed up my entertainment system. I guess it was still worth it, especially considering my options.

Would yous like it I should send his brother too?

cajunvike
11-03-2005, 08:08 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

WBL,

As long as you take your shirt off at half time, the win will be in the bag for us.......

And just as long as whomever is with WBL gets some digital pics to post on the board, we fans that aren't going to be there will be happy as well! :lol:

singersp
11-04-2005, 12:19 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

WBL,

And just as long as whomever is with WBL gets some digital pics to post on the board, we fans that aren't going to be there will be happy as well! :lol:

She already did that during the 4th quarter of the Packer game! I was sitting with her & can vouch for that.

I think it was a one time deal. To bad you guys had to miss it! :wink:

NordicNed
11-04-2005, 12:56 AM
I'de really like to,

Hire a private charter, to fly me over the field, parachute naked onto the field..

Land on the 50 yard marker, run up to the lions QB and take the ball...

Then sprint to the nearest exit......

Man, that would be great.....LOL

NordicNed
11-04-2005, 12:57 AM
WAIT,

Is it a dome?.....that would be a rough landing....

But it's nice to dream...LOL

singersp
11-04-2005, 01:31 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

WAIT,

Is it a dome?.....that would be a rough landing....

But it's nice to dream...LOL

Not to worry Ned. Some day we'll get our retactable roofed stadium.

Just make sure she's open that day!

natethegreat
11-04-2005, 02:20 AM
i think we can win this game, we always seem to beat the lions and i think this year will be no different, the lions offense is like 28th in the league right now and i think our defense will get back on track and will start playing like they should, plus to our advantage joey harrington is starting so that is some good news

singersp
11-04-2005, 02:31 AM
From sportinglife.com

VIKINGS START LIFE WITHOUT CULPEPPER

The Detroit Lions have to be happy they get to face the Minnesota Vikings without having to deal with quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

The Lions have lost 10 of their last 11 meetings against the Vikings, who will play the remainder of the season without their star quarterback.

In what had already been a season marked by lopsided losses on the field and alleged lewd behaviour off it, the Vikings' fortunes took another turn for the worse last week when Culpepper was lost for the season with a severe right knee injury.

Culpepper suffered a torn ACL, MCL and PCL following an 18-yard run on the final play of the first quarter in a 38-13 loss at Carolina.

It had been a dismal season for Culpepper, who threw for six touchdowns and 12 interceptions in seven games.

He passed for 4,717 yards and 39 touchdowns with 11 interceptions last season.

Culpepper led the Vikings to a pair of wins over the Lions last season, passing for 637 yards and five touchdowns with two interceptions.

Minnesota have won the last seven meetings here since a 14-13 loss in 1997.

But now the Lions will deal with veteran quarterback Brad Johnson, who is in his second stint with the Vikings and won a Super Bowl with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002.

Johnson played with the Vikings from 1994-98, where he enjoyed his best campaign in 1997, throwing for 3,036 yards and 20 touchdowns with 12 interceptions.

After replacing Culpepper against the Panthers, Johnson went 13-of-28 for 162 yards and a touchdown.

The Lions squandered a chance to move into sole possession of first place in the NFC North last week with a 19-13 overtime loss to Chicago.

Making his second start since replacing Joey Harrington as the starter, Jeff Garcia threw an interception that was returned 22 yards for a touchdown by Charles Tillman 6:17 into overtime.

Garcia has completed 45-of-69 passes for 407 yards and an interception in his two games.

The Lions' passing game may get a lift this week with the return of Charles Rogers, who had been suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.