PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Dreams

PAvikesfan
11-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Well, well, well... aren't we a beat up bunch.

with our losing style, culp getting torn apart at the seams, and backlash from the players and fans alike, what do we do with our 4-12 record in the off season?

what is your dream of where this team should go?

(other than hell)

Pipe Dreams:
entire coaching staff gets canned except special teams.
bring in new Olinemen FA's and put the crap on the bench.
take our #2 or #3 draft pick and get a stud RB.
Get a real FA FB in the offseason--a pure blocking FB.
take our second rounder and get a stud olinemen.
hire coaches that want there team to run first and ask questions later.
start a running team dynasty.
start to rebuild the players self-esteem.

(my concentration on the run is supplied out of jealousy of all the teams that run the ball well and only throw 1/3 of the time...they ware down teams, they control the ball, and they win football games--i think run and gun offenses are not the way to win football games in the NFL anymore. that died with St. Louis's last SB win.)

Mr. Purple
11-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I think St Louis this past week showed what a GOOD running game will do for you. Buldger, Holt, Bruce all sidelined with injury. They come out and pound the ball with jackson and beat a very good jacksonville team. I agree with PA, with that we need to get a stud RB in this upcoming draft with our first pick. Maybe a little guy named Reggie Bush.

Del Rio
11-01-2005, 07:20 PM
My dream for this team would go something like this:

Fire Ted Cottrell today. Move Pete Bercich into the defensive cordinator position.

Begin to utilize Kliensasser as a full time fullback. Run the I formation consistently.

Return the defense to a solid 4-3. Get aggressive, give your players a chance to make plays. Build off any scrap of possitive you get every week and rebuild this teams mentality.

When the season ends you measure the progress, how did we play, was the game close, did we stay agressive what is the teams morale.

Offer Loney an offensive assistant position, demote him from OC.
Evaluate Tice at that point, make a decision as to his future.

Draft the best possible player available.

ultravikingfan
11-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Doesn't Vikez4Lyfe have pipe dreams all the time? http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/canabis.gif

Prophet
11-01-2005, 07:24 PM
I am really sick of horrible leadership. I was elated when the Vikes finally got rid of Redneck McCombs and his cancer causing tightwad tendency that resulted in hiring based on how much coin it costs rather than the skill set brought to the table.

I'm sure Zygi is a bit surprised to see the team imploding. I'm also sure that he is consuming his thoughts on how to get the team back on track.

It is no secret that the Vikings are loaded with talent. Even the moronsthat call themselves journalists picked up on that before the season started.

The coaching staff is in way over their heads. It's like they stayed up all night studying for a sociology exam and they were given an advanced calculus exam. They are winging it every week, not because they don't prepare, they just don't have what it takes to get the job done.

Regardless of our final record this year the Vikes can get back on track with leadership. We have a good leader in our owner, now let's get the coaching staff fixed before the 2006 season. The Vikes will rise from the ashes if that happens.

whiteboy
11-01-2005, 07:50 PM
this is my dream for the vikes

- pep comes back next season and has a career season, setting new nfl record for most td passes, highest qb rating, 0 turnovers, record completion percentage :hello1:

- we somehow get randy back

- birk comes back

- zygi cleans house of the coaching staff

- we go 16-0

- win the superbowl

- and i wake up the morning after the superbowl win next to a nude angelina jolie :banana:

you said to "dream right"?

PAvikesfan
11-01-2005, 08:35 PM
good dreams... hahahaha

cajunvike
11-01-2005, 08:39 PM
"whiteboy" wrote:

- pep comes back next season and has a career season, setting new nfl record for most td passes, highest qb rating, 0 turnovers, record completion percentage :hello1:

- birk comes back

- we go 16-0

- win the superbowl

- and i wake up the morning after the superbowl win next to a nude angelina jolie :banana:

Might as well go for even more...

wake up the morning after the superbowl win next to a nude angelina jolie...and her long-lost identical twin!!! :grin:

PurplePackerEater
11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
I have a dream, that one day, my Vikings, can play with the other team, in the Super Bowl. -Martin Luther viKING

:razz:

COJOMAY
11-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm 67 years old. I've followed the Vikings and rooted for them since their very first game against the Bears in Met Stadium. I've lived and died with the but I don't think I'm going to live long enough to see them win a Super Bowl. That will always be my wish through -- JUST ONCE!

gregair13
11-01-2005, 09:48 PM
if we cant get reggie bush without trading up to get him (ie we already have a high draft pick) then we should trade down (lets say we get around 5th and bush is gone) and take a stud defensive player (like DJ has turned into this year). with trading down we might end get antoher 2nd round pick this year or a first in the next years draft and that would be fantastic. i would kill for reggie bush to be on my team, but i dont tihnk we should go out of our way to get him. assuming daunte is back next year, we dont need a qb, and we for sure dont need another wr to try and make good, we have enough of those already. i think we can trust memo for a while and mabye a one two punch with fason as well.

whackthepack
11-01-2005, 10:37 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I'm 67 years old. I've followed the Vikings and rooted for them since their very first game against the Bears in Met Stadium. I've lived and died with the but I don't think I'm going to live long enough to see them win a Super Bowl. That will always be my wish through -- JUST ONCE!

I feel for ya COJO, I am 42 and I am wondering if I will live long enough to see them win it all!!!

Lotza
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I'm 67 years old. I've followed the Vikings and rooted for them since their very first game against the Bears in Met Stadium. I've lived and died with the but I don't think I'm going to live long enough to see them win a Super Bowl. That will always be my wish through -- JUST ONCE!i think i will see them... :lol: i hope you get to see them cojo.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
My dream for the end of this year and this offseason:

- We utilize Erasmus and Troy more for the rest of the season. We play Ciatrick on 3rd downs.

- Brad does decently.

- We clean out the entire coaching staff except for Tillman. We sign the best of the best coaches.

- Pep comes back in good health before the beginning of next season.

- We go into the draft and draft a stud running back in the 1st, a stud OL in the 2nd, a stud LB in the 3rd and a stud QB in the 4th.

- We go into FA and pick up two new tackles and one new guard leaving Fonoti and Birk on the remaining line and Johnson to develop behind a true starter. We also pick up a decent reciever to play the #1 while Troy develops as the #3.

- We finish off FA by bringing in a big name veteran linebacker who has a true voice on the defense.

GreenBaySlackers
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

My dream for the end of this year and this offseason:

- We utilize Erasmus and Troy more for the rest of the season. We play Ciatrick on 3rd downs.

- Brad does decently.

- We clean out the entire coaching staff except for Tillman. We sign the best of the best coaches.

- Pep comes back in good health before the beginning of next season.

- We go into the draft and draft a stud running back in the 1st, a stud OL in the 2nd, a stud LB in the 3rd and a stud QB in the 4th.

- We go into FA and pick up two new tackles and one new guard leaving Fonoti and Birk on the remaining line and Johnson to develop behind a true starter. We also pick up a decent reciever to play the #1 while Troy develops as the #3.

- We finish off FA by bringing in a big name veteran linebacker who has a true voice on the defense.

Mckinnie is having a great year! we absolutly need to keep him around.

My dream is that the vikings win.
and there you go.

whiteboy
11-01-2005, 11:21 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

- birk comes back

- we go 16-0

- win the superbowl

Might as well go for even more...

wake up the morning after the superbowl win next to a nude angelina jolie...and her long-lost identical twin!!! :grin:

LMFAO!!!! he11 yeah!