PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper injury: SERIOUS

Mr. Purple
10-30-2005, 11:50 PM
I just herd on Fox's NFL halftime report that culpepper will have a MRI tommorow and could end up being out for the season. His injury is very simular to Brian greise for the bucs. Say your prayers tonight vike fans, our leader needs it.

GreenBaySlackers
10-30-2005, 11:51 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I just herd on Fox's NFL halftime report that culpepper will have a MRI tommorow and could end up being out for the season. His injury is very simular to Brian greise for the bucs. Say your prayers tonight vike fans, our leader needs it.
ka-fuck...

K-Rob2002
10-30-2005, 11:53 PM
god can it get any worse?

pigskinronin
10-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Mike Tice's post game interview was bad news too. He said there will have to wait for the MRI, but the intial look at it is not very good.

When fans were calling for Culpepper to be benched, I couldn't help thinking how bad that would be for our team. That is one injury we could not afford.

V4L
10-30-2005, 11:54 PM
I had a feeling this might happen.. Good thing Brad is a pretty good back up.. Let's hope he can come back soon!

LunchBox
10-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Check out the article on ESPN.com, sounds like Tice thinks Daunte's out for the year!

"It wasn't supposed to be this way!! It was supposed to be a thing of beauty, not this abomination!"
-Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein" or 2005 Vikings

vikinggreg
10-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Crossing my fingers that the news on Monday will not be to bad and there will be some hope for the rest of the season. If the news is bad I guess I'll start counting the days until Zygi cleans house. If Pep is out all the talk about gutting the staff killing the team seems meaningless and needs to happen.

Only other hope is to trade....Bennett for someone who could step in and help now but I don't know where this magic person is lurking other than the back of my mind.

Paulbedy59
10-30-2005, 11:57 PM
WTF !

NordicNed
10-30-2005, 11:58 PM
This is not good news, lets hope the test come back negative..

Even a bad sprain could keep him out for weeks...

V4L
10-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Well we might end up losing alot of games with him out.. Some people might like that so we get a better draft pick... (im not one of them)!

LunchBox
10-31-2005, 12:01 AM
There will be no trades, the trading deadline is past. We're stuck with this team, everyone, get the paper bags ready!

snowinapril
10-31-2005, 12:02 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

This is not good news, lets hope the test come back negative..

Even a bad sprain could keep him out for weeks...

We can't even afford weeks. It was already "gut check time" going into this game.

singersp
10-31-2005, 12:02 AM
"K-Rob2002" wrote:

god can it get any worse?

There's that curse AGAIN! Dammit, now for sure something will!

natethegreat
10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
this sucks, daunte was starting to improve and then this happened, lets hope its not serious

vikinggreg
10-31-2005, 12:10 AM
"LunchBox" wrote:

There will be no trades, the trading deadline is past. We're stuck with this team, everyone, get the paper bags ready!

Crap your right...well no bag for me I'll just get drunk every Sunday now

GBFan
I saw the hit

it looked brutal and ugly

I may hate the Vikings team, but I never wish injury on anyone

hopefully it's not too serious

finnishvikingsfan
I hope he it is only a sprain but when I first seen the hit it looked like a season ender. But it could be like Big Bens knee injury.

Lando
10-31-2005, 12:12 AM
The season is basically over now anyway, with or w/o Pepper. I say let him heal up for the rest of the season anyway and lets start fresh for next year with a healthy Pepp and a top pick in the draft.

singersp
Simmer down there arialassault. No need for that kind of language on our site.

TWill19
wow

bono
10-31-2005, 12:14 AM
well, I just heard from one of my RELIABLE co-workers here at the Journal Sentinel, that Culpepper's injury could be season-ending. YIKES! Although I hate the Vikings, and anything purple, I wish none of these players anything season-ending. Just look at all of my team's big time players who have fallen to the season-ending injury bug.
Fun while it lasted, eh?

DemonicViking
10-31-2005, 12:14 AM
James Brown said he could be out for the rest of the year, we still won't know more until tommorow. Either way, you know he's gonna be out for a while whether he plays again this year or not.

V4L
10-31-2005, 12:15 AM
Dude Arial Assualt, not called for! Edit that post right now man.. No one wants to see that..

EDITED SINGER :lol:

singersp
10-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Edit yours Vikez4Lyfe, you just quoted him! Duh! :wink:

natethegreat
10-31-2005, 12:18 AM
one guy on KFAN said it was a cheap shot and the other said that it was the only way he was going to get pep down, they also said that he already had the first and should have slided

Foranzan
10-31-2005, 12:21 AM
one guy on KFAN said it was a cheap shot and the other said that it was the only way he was going to get pep down, they also said that he already had the first and should have slided

all valid points, but aren't we missing the most important thing?

No matter how bad things are, no matter who gets hurt, how many turnovers DC lets go, and how many points the opposing teams rack up on us, always remember this:

We're still better than the Packers (this year)

singersp
10-31-2005, 12:22 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Dude Arial Assualt, not called for! Edit that post right now man.. No one wants to see that..

Much better! Thanx!

NordicNed
10-31-2005, 12:23 AM
He should have slid, all QB's are taught that, but It did seem the defender that caught him on the leg came it at a very low angle..

Plus the other defender, rocking him on the shoulder from oposite direction, didn't help either...

V4L
10-31-2005, 12:23 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Much better! Thanx!

I didn't even think about it when I quoted it.. It was bringing onto both pages! :lol: Thanks for reminding me haha

PurplePackerEater
10-31-2005, 12:26 AM
"natethegreat" wrote:

Good point. I like Daunte, but that was another bad decision.

V4L
10-31-2005, 12:28 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"natethegreat" wrote:

Yah, I was thinking the same thing too man.. I think he was just getting frustrated and was trying to get everything he could.. Man it would have been nice if he slid

snowinapril
10-31-2005, 12:30 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"natethegreat" wrote:

Yah, I was thinking the same thing too man.. I think he was just getting frustrated and was trying to get everything he could.. Man it would have been nice if he slid

Look at what happened last week, he slid and almost had his head taken off. The refs didn't even call it.

ItalianStallion
10-31-2005, 12:31 AM
IF Culpepper's out for good, I guess the real question will be whether or not we will still be better than the Packers :).

singersp
10-31-2005, 12:33 AM
Tice was quoted as saying he might be done for the year. Lets hope the MRI is more positive than that.

Ltrey33
10-31-2005, 12:37 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

ka-F!!ck...

I concur.

outcast316
10-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Wow, well where do the Vikings go from here?

freaky
10-31-2005, 12:49 AM
it's a battle of the old turds back at the metrodome next week..
either way it doesn't matter much, we show enough potential at home & start being optimistic..then get slammed away & conjur more talk about 'next week'...

turn to religion methinks

bono
10-31-2005, 12:53 AM
Italian,
At a time like this, why would your biggest concern be wheather or not your vikings will be -in the end-better than my packers? I mean heck, it's clear that my boys are tied with Houston for the worst team in the NFL, but the Vikings aren't that far behind. And with the possible season-ending injury to Culpepper, I can't see them gaining any GREAT ground on my boys. [distracted by the nice catch/run by T. Owens...watching the eagles/broncos (go broncos!) game at work...] Wouldn't/shouldn't your biggest concern be Culpepper, and who's good enough to step up to the plate...be the leader of the team, if and when he's announced done for the season?
Hey, your team, although down 2-5, is still in the playoff hunt/division title hunt. Bears beat the Lions today, but I'm sure there's a thing or two your vikings can do about that...this time, eh?!
Think positive (like me!!!). I said to myself after the loss on today, that the packers will just have to go 10-6 then. Very optimistic if you ask me! You should try it. It definately works in the psychological department.

audioghost
10-31-2005, 12:57 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"natethegreat" wrote:

Look at what happened last week, he slid and almost had his head taken off. The refs didn't even call it.

OK, last week he slid and got a late hit and it wasn't called.....and at the same time we all love to see Peppy take on D-Backs and run em' over with his straight power when scrambling but when a freak accident happens, we blame it all on him.....

Where do we go from here? I don't even wanna hear about first round draft picks yet, cuz what happens when we get em'....? They turn into a Chris Hovan, or a Kevin Williams (who is awesome usually, but hasn't been this year)...all I'm saying is that w/ all our 1st and 2nd round draft picks on D, we should be way better than we have been....and thats the truth....a change needs to be made, and they're all playing sucky (xcept Kluwe and P. Williams and Memo) so who knows what to do!

GBFan
10-31-2005, 01:00 AM
"outcast316" wrote:

down the toilet, along with the Packers

misery loves company

welcome to the cellar bud

freaky
10-31-2005, 01:03 AM
u forget this talk of draft picks, free agents etc..we clearly have players & have had for the past few years..we are supposed to have this 'balanced' offense now, upgraded 'D' (with the best secondary on the planet i recall?) & are shifting this teams philosophy away from the passing explosion we were only ever capable of...

somehow, i think it's alot of things aside from the squad...but hey, we'll have all stinking summer to talk this b.s

BBQ Platypus
10-31-2005, 01:15 AM
:shock: I sure hope he isn't out for the season! We can't even really afford to have him out for a couple of weeks! We CAN'T rely on Brad Johnson!!!

Well, I had high hopes for this season, but that's why you actually play the games. Hopefully, the Vikings will be able to somehow overcome not having Culpepper.

DemonicViking
10-31-2005, 01:18 AM
"GBFan" wrote:

"outcast316" wrote:

down the toilet, along with the Packers

misery loves company

welcome to the cellar bud

Looks like we're all on the same boat here. Can we get some strippers?

6-KINGS
10-31-2005, 01:19 AM
[b]arialassult's post was here[/] edited by josdin00

Ok Jr!

That is enough!
You don't come in here an throw potty mouth around like that.
Clean up that post NOW!
Or You best pack bags and head home.

This will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

You complete moron!
Your name is in my book and I will dog every post you make until you make this right.
You understand me?

So I suggest you take that post and clean it up PRONTO!

And trust me I am not joking.
Better for you to hear it from me than Webby or Ultra.
So get to it!

singersp
10-31-2005, 01:19 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

:shock: I sure hope he isn't out for the season! We can't even really afford to have him out for a couple of weeks! We CAN'T rely on Brad Johnson!!!

Well, I had high hopes for this season, but that's why you actually play the games. Hopefully, the Vikings will be able to somehow overcome not having Culpepper.

We might just have too. What it is is what it is. All we can do is hope for the best.

We'll see what Brad can do next week. Keep it positive. He might be older, but so was Moon, Cunningham & George. They did quite well here!

DemonicViking
10-31-2005, 01:20 AM
The godfather has spoken.

Toss2Moss84
10-31-2005, 01:21 AM
This sucks hardcore! Chris Gamble needs to get taken out. He put his helmet right on Daunte's leg.

Now I need to go dig my 1997 Brad Johnson jersey outta the closet.

VikingFanEric
10-31-2005, 01:31 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

We might just have too. What it is is what it is. All we can do is hope for the best.

We'll see what Brad can do next week. Keep it positive. He might be older, but so was Moon, Cunningham & George. They did quite well here!

While this may be true, one thing that Moon, Cunningham & George have in common is Denny Green as head coach, not Mike Tice. So, honestly, I don't see Johnson having success like they did. Hopefully he does, and I'll root for him to have that success but right now with Tice and Co. coaching this team, I just don't see it.

singersp
10-31-2005, 01:37 AM
I guess we'll have to wait to find out. Head coaches don't have any influence on how mobile or acurate a QB's arm is. They will need to change their play calling to make the best use of Brad & his abilities.

You work with what you got

donjen95
10-31-2005, 01:39 AM
the other thing they had in common was an offensive lin and great receivers!

gregair13
10-31-2005, 02:06 AM
if he is actually out for the season, our season is over. i hope he only misses next week at the most

Toro
10-31-2005, 02:16 AM
With Culpepper out, that means we are missing our three best players on offence from last year - Culpepper, Moss and Birk.

We're done.

Right now, we are truly a bad football team. We have been outscored 143-34 on the road this year, and 24 of our points have come in the last 5 minutes of the game. That is flat out awful.

If Culpepper is finished for the seaon, we're going to struggle to win 6 games.

ultravikingfan
10-31-2005, 03:11 AM
Yup, I went there. I edited one of Ultra's posts. This used to be a quoted version of arialassults post, but I don't really want to read that language anywhere on this board, even in a quote. - Josdin00

Nice and extremely intelligent. http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/confused/019.gif

Just because people wanted Pep benched does not mean they are a hater or deserve that.

We do not that kind of stuff here.

michaelmazid
10-31-2005, 03:13 AM
They just said on espn news that the vikings medical staff think that Daunte has a torn ACL. They wouldn't say that if they think that there is a 10 percent chance they might be wrong. We are officially F-ed.

6-KINGS
10-31-2005, 03:25 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"arialassault84" wrote:

(removed due to language issues - josdin00)

Nice and extremely intelligent. http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/confused/019.gif

Just because people wanted Pep benched does not mean they are a hater or deserve that.

We do not that kind of stuff here.

Burley81
10-31-2005, 03:25 AM
http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=3371

Crap. This is horrible, I can't take this purple nightmare anymore.

stek
10-31-2005, 03:26 AM
This sucks.

But at least we have Brad. We could have been stuck with Shawn Hill.

GreenBaySlackers
10-31-2005, 03:37 AM
"stek" wrote:

This sucks.

don't konw about you, but i'd rather have gus...

ultravikingfan
10-31-2005, 03:38 AM
"stek" wrote:

This sucks.

Thats a good point.

When we signed Brad everybody was so happy we had a competant backup QB, which we do. It could be worse (Wynn). Give Brad a chance guys.

vikinggreg
10-31-2005, 03:46 AM
Its not that he isn't getting a chance....more what will happen to him behind our line. Hope Fonoti can get in and help out.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-31-2005, 03:50 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"stek" wrote:

This sucks.

Thats a good point.

When we signed Brad everybody was so happy we had a competant backup QB, which we do. It could be worse (Wynn). Give Brad a chance guys.

Did you just say?..... I thought we agreed... it says right here in the book of 6-kings.

"All ye vikings fans shall never speaketh thy name of the worst QB ever"

snowinapril
10-31-2005, 03:51 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Its not they he isn't get a chance....more what will happen to him behind our line. Hope Fonoti can get in and help out.

I know I have said it also, "get Tons-o-Fun in there."

But we don't know if he will help.

But it can't hurt to try him at this point, when he gets in game shape.

SWAYZE74
10-31-2005, 04:07 AM
yeah..the report from the radio during the game the trainers ran the normal tests for an ACL injury and they said DC had "no resistance"...sounds like "He Gone" for the rest of the year...gah...

peace...

Lotza
10-31-2005, 04:18 AM
i feel sick to my stomach...

PurplePackerEater
10-31-2005, 04:29 AM
I, for one, am looking forward to a QB change. We're 2-5 with Culpepper as the Starter, that can't get much worse.

Lotza
10-31-2005, 04:32 AM

I, for one, am looking forward to a QB change. We're 2-5 with Culpepper as the Starter, that can't get much worse.i disagree. imho we win this game if cpep doesn't go down. we were driving in their 10 when he got in jured. daunte finally got back on tracck last week and we win today's game if he plays.

umaguma1979
10-31-2005, 04:38 AM
I agree.....Pep in the game....a different outcome at least on the scoreboard.

PurplePackerEater
10-31-2005, 04:46 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I, for one, am looking forward to a QB change. We're 2-5 with Culpepper as the Starter, that can't get much worse.i disagree. imho we win this game if cpep doesn't go down. we were driving in their 10 when he got in jured. daunte finally got back on tracck last week and we win today's game if he plays.

Are you kidding me? The Panthers scored 38 points without a single turnover from us! Culpepper and the rest of the Offense can't keep up with that. The MOST points they've scored all year was 33 against the Saints @ Home. The Saints.

GreenBaySlackers
10-31-2005, 04:49 AM

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

Are you kidding me? The Panthers scored 38 points without a single turnover from us! Culpepper and the rest of the Offense can't keep up with that. The MOST points they've scored all year was 33 against the Saints @ Home. The Saints.

to an extent i agree with both of you... We could have won with Pep in the game, because he would have helped us put up more points. But he also would have helped with keeping or D rested on the sidelines, and the moral might have been higher without seeing their leader and friend being carted off the feild in extreme pain. not saying that we would have won with him, but it would have been a lot more interesting.

DeathtoDenny
10-31-2005, 05:00 AM

I, for one, am looking forward to a QB change. We're 2-5 with Culpepper as the Starter, that can't get much worse.

0-9 is worse, and its about as good as we'll be with BJ.

KJ
10-31-2005, 05:09 AM
Reggie Bush, here we come.

umaguma1979
10-31-2005, 05:10 AM
Somewhere Randy Moss is smiling

CynicalVike
10-31-2005, 05:11 AM
I doubt we would have won, even with Pep in there. It might have been a little closer, but the outcome would have still been the same. Our defense just can't play good enough to win.

ultravikingfan
10-31-2005, 05:22 AM

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I am gonna have to side with PPE here.

See, the QB position was not our problem today. Our problem was the 11 clowns on the other side of the ball. :wink:

natethegreat
10-31-2005, 05:27 AM
the injury of daunte didn't cost us the game, i just think it was a big momentum shifter because we were driving and were still in the game and then he went out and everyone was down and then we missed a field goal and then all hell broke lose and they dominated from there on out

Mr. Purple
10-31-2005, 05:46 AM
I dont kno if we would have won, but the game would have been differnt. On that play so much momentum and flow with our offense. It was all lost in a second and we botched a field goal. WIth pepp in, and the offense rollin on all cylenders maybe we could have put up more of a close fight.

umaguma1979
10-31-2005, 06:04 AM
Our kicker really kicked us in the balls......adding insult to injury.....but hey, we do have to play defense as well as many have pointed out. Point taken.

natethegreat
10-31-2005, 06:19 AM
he also made a 56 yard kick to beat the packers, edinger has had an up and down season

umaguma1979
10-31-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah - thats kinda been the story with Edge - up and down....and with the Vikes in general.

vegasvike
10-31-2005, 06:23 AM
"bono" wrote:

Italian,
At a time like this, why would your biggest concern be wheather or not your vikings will be -in the end-better than my packers? I mean heck, it's clear that my boys are tied with Houston for the worst team in the NFL, but the Vikings aren't that far behind. And with the possible season-ending injury to Culpepper, I can't see them gaining any GREAT ground on my boys. [distracted by the nice catch/run by T. Owens...watching the eagles/broncos (go broncos!) game at work...] Wouldn't/shouldn't your biggest concern be Culpepper, and who's good enough to step up to the plate...be the leader of the team, if and when he's announced done for the season?
Hey, your team, although down 2-5, is still in the playoff hunt/division title hunt. Bears beat the Lions today, but I'm sure there's a thing or two your vikings can do about that...this time, eh?!
Think positive (like me!!!). I said to myself after the loss on today, that the packers will just have to go 10-6 then. Very optimistic if you ask me! You should try it. It definately works in the psychological department.

Hey Bono that was a classy post right there now is not the time about worrying about how we'll be better than the pack or whoever but for the well being for another person I respect los a lot and with your post you have really earned my respest yo.

mnvikes61
10-31-2005, 06:25 AM
Edginer i believe has missed all his FG attempts outdoors, maybe that is why the bears got rid of him considering they have an outdoor stadium

GreenBaySlackers
10-31-2005, 06:27 AM
we need a better way to distinguish between purplepackereater and purplepeopleeaters

there can only be one highlander... err um... PPE...

Only one of them can be PPE... ugggg what a perdicasomthinrather... :???:

gregair13
10-31-2005, 06:45 AM
our division still sucks. bears have 2 games on us and we get to play them one more time. it isnt going to take much to make it in our division, but as things are looking right now, it doesnt look so hot.

culpeppers_vikes
10-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh............My................God
Please help us!
This is not fair
Daunte and Randy need to be on the same team
Randy had skill-great skill that we need-okay he has attitude-at least we weren't the worst bunch in the NFL when he was on our team.
If only I could turn back time and knock some sense into Red McCombs, what the hell was he thinking trading the best receiver in the NFL for some guy I have never heard of-Napolean Harris-yeah thats a name you hear
winning the Vikings games right?
Can I wake up from this nightmare now?
Please Daunte you are the only talent on our team-please dont be out, please

singersp
10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
"culpeppers_vikes" wrote:

Oh............My................God
Please help us!
This is not fair.......
Daunte you are the only talent on our team-please dont be out, please

We are loaded with talent from the QB down to the punter, with the exception of a few positions. That's what makes losing so hard & frustrating!

sunny
10-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Note to Daunte: Get healthy, take the time you need, we need you for the future. Heres to a speedy and complete recovery. Skol.

Vikes
10-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Pep season might be over. We are still in a postion to win the division. The Lions are on deck next week a win and life is good. We gotta stop feeling sorry for oursleves and keep battling.

whiteboy
10-31-2005, 04:05 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

Pep season might be over. We are still in a postion to win the division. The Lions are on deck next week a win and life is good. We gotta stop feeling sorry for oursleves and keep battling.

you know, i've have been sick to my stomach since i heard how bad peps injury maybe or probably is. but your post just out some fire in my eyes and we can beat det next week. johnson is a very experienced quarterback and hopefully will have a good week practice. even if we don't make the playoffs, maybe we can be the spoilers, like we did when we knocked cris carter and the dolphins out of it. get well pep, johnson step up and lead this team to victory. SKOL!

Jordan
10-31-2005, 08:29 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/504132

Just got it from jay glazer at fox sports. This really is a nightmare season

midgensa
10-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Dead link

Here is the good one

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5041324

cajunvike
10-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Here is the latest update:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2208736

cajunvike
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
How do you figure that he will miss the 2007 season also, Jordan??? I didn't get that from the article at all!

Jordan
10-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Sorry cajunvike I ment to say it is a possibility he can, from other stories i've been reading it's said that not this 1 though sorry man.

He has the same exact injury as Rodney Harrison has a torn MCL, ACL and PCL.

midgensa
The 2007 season is NOT next season but two years away ... good god people. By the way, I dont see any mention of missig 2006 anywhere.

CanadaViking
Man oh man, this has been a sad season so far, I feel terrible for Pep. I can only hope that maybe this will help rally the boys, someone on this team needs to step it up and become the vocal leader (not Smoot), I would love for Big Pat to step up, not sure what kind of dressing room guy he is, but he plays his a$$ off (we all know, not literally).

I for one am going to miss watching Pep play, he was making the turn in the season when fate rocked his knee into smithereens!

Cheers!

Jordan
10-31-2005, 08:39 PM
U know what i ment man i ment next season ends in 2007 so i just call it the 07 season

Freakout
10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

How do you figure that he will miss the 2007 season also, Jordan??? I didn't get that from the article at all!

When you do that much damage MCL, ACL, and PCL ligaments then it does not look good. I hate to jump the gun and overreact but..... :sad:

Personally, with the draft pick we'll be getting from our wonderful season I'd be looking for a new QB.

AngloVike
10-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Fox Sports are reporting that Pep is officially done for the year and will be having knee surgery.
A email list I'm has had reports that we're talking reconstructive knee surgery here, though as yet I haven't found a link to confirm this

Fox Sports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5041324)

Jordan
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Why do we need a quaterback in the draft? what to back up c-pep why are we talking about the draft anyway this season isn't over yet. A real die-hard vikings fan for life would never give up on his team even without their leader i know were in trouble but were not out yet. This really will test Coach Tice, the coaching staff, and the morale of this team.

VegasLadyJae
10-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Well he's gone, he definitely will be appreciated a little more now sad to say......Not a career ending injury according to Tice.....Looks like he is in mourning with the way he is dressed at his news conference on ESPNEWS.......Maybe Jeff George on the way? Well whatever they do hopefully they can keep Brad healthy.......

akvikefan89
10-31-2005, 08:52 PM
It didn't say that he TORE his ACL,MCL,PCL, it say's that he "damaged" them. Hopefully he's back at full strength next year... I wish him the best in healing.

cajunvike
10-31-2005, 08:52 PM
"Jordan" wrote:

U know what i ment man i ment next season ends in 2007 so i just call it the 07 season

Yes, I do know...but I don't see any indication of him missing NEXT season, either...just the balance of THIS season!

Vikesfreak81
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Moe Williams will undergo an MRI on his injured back Monday.
Williams has barely been used this season behind Mewelde Moore and Michael Bennett. Oct. 31 - 2:49 pm et

Daunte Culpepper - QB - Vikings

Daunte Culpepper will miss the 2005 season with damage to his ACL, MCL and PCL.
FoxSports.com reports that severe swelling in each area made it impossible to initially determine the extent of the injuries. But Mike Tice said Monday Culpepper will undergo season-ending surgery soon. Culpepper may not return with as much mobility next season and is likely to have a new coach and system to learn. Trade rumors are likely to surface, but they seem far-fetched. Culpepper could prove undervalued next fantasy season following this year's disaster. Oct. 31 - 2:48 pm et
Source: FoxSports.com

whiteboy
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
if zygi wants to rebuild the team from ground up, then i say draft a qb. i'm curious how pep is when he makes his return. i really, really hate this for him, our team, and us fans. i wish him the best of luck with his surgery and rehabilitaion. hopefully he'll be back in full form next season. next season our team will (hopefully) have gelled together, we'll have some new coaches, and a well-rested pep.

shawn
10-31-2005, 08:56 PM
I really feel bad for Duante!!! I dont care what anyone says, I dont care how he was playing this year, no one can say that he doesnt have a ton of heart and sincere desire to win with the Vikes.

DPep11
10-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Man... this is not good for the future either.

Freya
10-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Hey, Daunte! I hope you have a speedy as well as COMPLETE recovery. You will be missed.

michaelmazid
10-31-2005, 09:14 PM
wow. he might never be the same after this injury. I just wished he would have slid instead of trying to take on 3 guys.

Vikes
10-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Get well PEP...

finnishvikingsfan
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
He is out about 12-18 months. :cry:

Lotza
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
this sucks.

GreenBaySlackers
10-31-2005, 09:20 PM
http://users.wfu.edu/desidj2/flagranterror.JPG

:cry:

KWilliamsAWinfield
10-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Here is another article on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2209391

It is offical torn :cry:

DPep11
10-31-2005, 09:32 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

He is out about 12-18 months. :cry:

thats what I heard... thats pretty much half of next season too... we're screwed.

DaunteHOF
10-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Oye Vey

SWAYZE74
10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
well...i hope pep will recover ok...but there will be no excuse for not having a proven QB that can start next year...dont go in thinking DC will be all good and have a back up like brad...act like DC aint coming back as his old self...or were gonna look like the bears from last year..once grossman went down...you knew they were done (granted that aint saying much but hey, its the bears)...even if we gotta eat some money for a year then do it...please pep get well soon...

peace...

StillPurple
10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
I can't believe someone threw in how C-pepper's injury will affect fantasy next year (!!). I mean, I like fantasy and play it, but let's get some perspective, guys !!

Re the injury itself, I mean, if Willis McGahee can come back from his injury, anyone can come back...

PurplePeopleEaters
10-31-2005, 09:41 PM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

well...i hope pep will recover ok...but there will be no excuse for not having a proven QB that can start next year...dont go in thinking DC will be all good and have a back up like brad...act like DC aint coming back as his old self...or were gonna look like the bears from last year..once grossman went down...you knew they were done (granted that aint saying much but hey, its the bears)...even if we gotta eat some money for a year then do it...please pep get well soon...

peace...

The bears are gonna win the North. How are they done? :???:

BBQ Platypus
10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
I hope he's the same DC next year. We've nearly lost this season already. We don't want the damage to the team to get any worse.

Freakout
10-31-2005, 09:49 PM
"Jordan" wrote:

Why do we need a quaterback in the draft? what to back up c-pep why are we talking about the draft anyway this season isn't over yet. A real die-hard vikings fan for life would never give up on his team even without their leader i know were in trouble but were not out yet. This really will test Coach Tice, the coaching staff, and the morale of this team.

It sure is nice to think that way and it definately is easier on the nerves.

Problem is the team is a mess from the top down to the bottom. We're now stuck playing a 38 year old QB that can barely move.

He's playing behind a O-line that has yet to show they can even block, and to top it off we have a coach that is in love with a RB that couldn't throw a block if his life depended on it.

Our recieving core is average and the lone standout is too raw to be counted on.

That's not even mentioning the terrible defense.

So excuse me if I'm not glowing with faith. Our team just lost it's starting QB and there is no guarentee he'll ever be the same again. I really fail to see ANY reason to be blindly optimistic.

olson_10
10-31-2005, 09:58 PM
we arent completely done this year..this is a terrible thing to happen, but we should still be in a good position to win games..johnson sees the field much better than daunte, and doesnt need to rely on his feet to find open receivers..teams do not blitz as many guys at a stationary qb..teams blitzed daunte becuz they know how bad he is at reading defenses, and the fact that he is fumble prone..brad johnson played in 1 half, and generated 2 TD's..daunte is great, but he was just having too much trouble adjusting to defenses that werent triple covering randy moss..johnson bring consistency to this team, whether we will be consistently bad or good is yet to be seen, but we will actually know what we are getting after a couple of games..johnson will do as frerotte did a couple years ago and not try to force plays that arent there, which is something daunte has done his whole career

olson_10
10-31-2005, 10:02 PM
ON TOP OF EVERYTHING..i hate ppl coming on here and saying the offense sucks and guys have been playing bad this year..before the season i saw about 2000 ppl posting about how "we only need to score 14 pts to win games now"..this is when the DEFENSE needs to step up and make up for dauntes loss..they have been absolutely pathetic this season, and they are to blame for most of our troubles..Fred Smoot is garbage, flat out..brad johnson can put up 14-21 points a game with this offense and for most teams in this league, that equals a win..its time for our defense to step up and make plays and win games for us

Redmption
10-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Poor Pep... I bet he'll be back at the start of the season though. A lot of injuries you hear that during surgery the damage wasnt as bad as believed ect ect and it seems like with all the medical attention athletes get they recover a lot quicker than is projected in the media.

Purplefeet
10-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Sorry to see DC hurt so bad, he has a big heart regardless of any opinion held about him.

I think its clear you try to figure out what you have in a season like this. Many say we could still win North but I could care less. What is a NFC North title worth if we get blown out in first round. Hope we figure out what we have, what we need and still play hard as hell.

midgensa
10-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I just want to feel like my players and coaches are leaving it all on the field. I don't want to see people timid and scared like our defense has looked all year on the road. I don't want to see a lack of a running game because we got stopped once for a one-yard loss. I want the coaches and players to put everything they have in every play, and then if we end up 5-11 I can handle it. By the way, winning the North would give us a first round HOME game, so getting to the playoffs is worth it just for the chance to play at home and get to the divisional and see what happens.

singersp
10-31-2005, 11:46 PM
It's official

Here's the latest from CBS News.com;

Vikings' Culpepper out for the season

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:50:44 EST
CBC Sports

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper will miss at least the remainder of this season because of a severe knee injury he sustained Sunday against Carolina.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/culpepper_daunte_CP051031.jpg
Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper, middle, is escorted off the field Sunday by teammate Michael Barrett and head coach Mike Tice after spraining his right knee. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton)

Culpepper tore the anterior cruciate, medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in his right knee during the first quarter of Sunday's 38-13 loss.

Tests Monday revealed the severity of the injury, which will force Culpepper to undergo surgery once the swelling goes down.

"He'll get prepared for surgery at some point in the next few weeks and then he'll be out for the season," said Vikings head coach Mike Tice on Monday. "This is just another hurdle we'll have to overcome as a football team."

Culpepper scrambled for a first down on a 3rd-and-4 in Carolina territory, but was hit low by Chris Gamble on the play and immediately grabbed for his knee once he hit the turf.

For the season, he has connected on 139-of-216 passes for 1,564 yards with six touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

"His spirits are OK," Tice said about Culpepper. "He's OK. Obviously, he's not great. I think that's the best you can say."

Brad Johnson took over behind center on Sunday and will remain the starter for the 2-5 Vikings. He threw for 162 yards with a touchdown on 13-of-28 passing against the Panthers.

"Thank goodness we were able to sign him in the offseason," remarked Tice. "He's a Super Bowl winner. He's the guy with the ball in his hands and we'll have to rally around Brad."

Johnson played the last four seasons in Tampa Bay and led the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl XXXVII triumph after the 2002 campaign.

The 37-year-old, whose first NFL start wasn't until 1996, entered the season having thrown for 23,913 yards and 143 touchdowns with 98 interceptions in his career with Minnesota, Washington and Tampa Bay.

Barring any transactions, Shaun Hill move from no. 3 on the depth chart to the backup role.

SWAYZE74
11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"SWAYZE74" wrote:

peace...

The bears are gonna win the North. How are they done? :???:

i was refering to last year...read carefully...lol...

peace...

singersp
11-01-2005, 03:02 AM
From the San Jose Mercury Times;

Big blow: Culpepper out for season with knee injury

DAVE CAMPBELL
Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - The demoralized Minnesota Vikings surely believed their already dire situation couldn't become any worse.

Then came confirmation Monday that quarterback Daunte Culpepper will miss the rest of the season with a devastating injury to his right knee.

Not exactly the news a 2-5 team needed to hear.

"This is just another hurdle we have to overcome," coach Mike Tice said.

Culpepper, a three-time Pro Bowl pick whose effectiveness this season had fallen off dramatically after a career year in 2004, tore his anterior cruciate, medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in Sunday's 38-13 loss at Carolina.

Once the swelling subsides, the 28-year-old Culpepper will have surgery followed by several months of arduous rehabilitation. It typically takes a player with an injury of this nature a year to recover, but at least right now the Vikings are optimistic about the quarterback's status for 2006.

"Our expectations are he's going to be ready for the season," athletic trainer Chuck Barta said.

Culpepper was hurt on the final play of the first quarter when Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble hit him low at the end of an 18-yard run for a first down.

"I was right behind him, trailing it, and I saw it all happen," said center Melvin Fowler. "It's sad and unfortunate. He's a great player, and he'll be missed for the time that he's out."

Veteran Brad Johnson, who played for the Vikings from 1992-98 and returned to his original team this year, will be the starter. Untested Shaun Hill moves up to second string.

Culpepper finishes with six touchdown passes and a league-high 12 interceptions and an ugly passer rating of 64.4. Last season, he threw for 4,717 yards, 39 TDs and only 11 interceptions with a rating of 110.9 - and set an NFL record for combined yardage passing and rushing.....

..... Culpepper was under constant pressure behind a leaky offensive line and bothered by pre-existing soreness in the knee.

Then came Sunday's blow.

"Daunte pours his heart and soul into the game and into every play," Johnson said. "It's the first time I've really seen him go down hard. Your heart goes out to him. I hope he recovers as fast as he can."

Johnson is not nearly as nimble as Culpepper, but the 37-year-old has a Super Bowl ring from 2002 with Tampa Bay and the respect of his team.

"The most important thing is just be yourself," he said. "You can't fake it. The proof is putting up points. The proof is winning ballgames."

This is the third time in six seasons as Minnesota's starter that Culpepper will be sidelined. In 2001, he missed the final five games after surgery on a sprained left knee. In 2003, he sat out two games because of an injury to his lower back.

Though Culpepper's right knee was already hurting before Gamble's hit, Barta said that had nothing to do with this injury. No decision has been made about who will perform the surgery or when it will take place, but it will likely occur before Thanksgiving.

Culpepper, unavailable for comment Monday, was devastated after the game. Tice has talked to him a couple of times since, and the quarterback was still trying to digest what happened.

"His spirits are OK," Tice said. "I think that is the best you can say."

realviking
11-01-2005, 03:45 AM
If there wasn't any reason to give up on the season before this injury, there is now! Fans, let's move on and look to next season because this one is a write-off.

singersp
11-01-2005, 03:56 AM
"realviking" wrote:

If there wasn't any reason to give up on the season before this injury, there is now! Fans, let's move on and look to next season because this one is a write-off.

I'll right it off in 9 weeks. Until then, I'm at every home game cheering them to victory.

snowinapril
11-01-2005, 03:57 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Once the swelling subsides, the 28-year-old Culpepper will have surgery followed by several months of arduous rehabilitation. It typically takes a player with an injury of this nature a year to recover, but at least right now the Vikings are optimistic about the quarterback's status for 2006.

"Our expectations are he's going to be ready for the season," athletic trainer Chuck Barta said.

That to me is great news that they think that he will be back to start the season or atleast it sounds like the beginning.

The way people on here were talking earlier, I could have sworn he was never going to play again.

BBQ Platypus
11-01-2005, 04:00 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

ON TOP OF EVERYTHING..i hate ppl coming on here and saying the offense sucks and guys have been playing bad this year..before the season i saw about 2000 ppl posting about how "we only need to score 14 pts to win games now"..this is when the DEFENSE needs to step up and make up for dauntes loss..they have been absolutely pathetic this season, and they are to blame for most of our troubles..Fred Smoot is garbage, flat out..brad johnson can put up 14-21 points a game with this offense and for most teams in this league, that equals a win..its time for our defense to step up and make plays and win games for us

Um, sorry. This isn't the 1970's. We're playing football with the Vikings we have, not the Vikings of old. 2 touchdowns ain't gonna cut it for most of the teams in this league. 3 touchdowns won't even be enough. Only 3 teams in the league have been able to hold their opponents to less than 14 points per game, and we're one of the 12 teams that hasn't been able to hold their opponents to less than 21 points per game. If your offense is only effective enough to score 14-21 points per game, your defense will probably be on the field for most of the game.

singersp
11-01-2005, 04:00 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

That to me is great news that they think that he will be back to start the season or atleast it sounds like the beginning.

The way people on here were talking earlier, I could have sworn he was never going to play again.

That's why I don't listen to rumors SIA. I like to see the facts in print.

snowinapril
11-01-2005, 04:08 AM
This was in another thread thought I would post it here also.

McGahee's injury was similar.

Involving the ACL, PCL, MCL.

It took me less than a minute to find it. I haven't seen anyone else look for it so I did it. Here it is.

He has hope, if he has the will.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6329151

McGahee had to be helped off the field. He wouldn't return, and the 'Canes would lose in double overtime. The result: three ailing ligaments in his knee. His PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament) needed repair, and his ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) -- the three letters that make every NFL running back cringe -- needed reconstruction.

singersp
11-01-2005, 04:12 AM
And McGahee was a running back, not a QB. Our own running back Terry Allen had both knees reconstructed & played for years after.