PDA

View Full Version : Place For Bennett?

UndisputedVike
10-29-2005, 03:45 AM
Well he's turned out to be a bust as our running back, But hey there just might be hope for him yet, I think he might be good returning kicks he got the speed for it.

And since our Special Teams is sort of under the gun at the moment, Couldn't hurt, Koren Robinson can return punts and be Number 3 Reciever, He's a hell of a Reciever.

singersp
10-29-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't think he's a bust. They aren't playing him in the right calls. Straight up the middle with no holes opened up ain't gonna happen for Bennett. He lacks the cutting ability that Memo has.

They need to use him in the slot, around the outside, on quick screen dumps or over the middle short passes.

The lineman can stop him very well, but call a play where they force a LB to cover him. That's where his speed will payoff.

magicci
10-29-2005, 07:02 AM
i would like to have him around next year possibly for a backup and change of pace back...

mnvikes61
10-29-2005, 07:13 AM
i don't believe he's a bust, i think his confidence is down after his injury plauged years. he just seems like he isn't running the same way he used to. he has the speed to be an explosive weapon for us on offense. he averaged a little better than Memo in the last game so isn't like he's doing a whole lot worse than Memo.

also liked the idea of using his speed as a gunner on STs, he seemed to be doing pretty good there. we don't need him as a returner Koren Robinson has proven he can return punts and kickoffs this season, so we should leave him there and ease him into the receiver role.

SJHILL
10-29-2005, 07:19 AM
I agree with singersp when saying the staff hasn't used him properly. I always liked him in the screen game, and when a backer was covering him. He's a guy that I think you could put at any skilled position, and he would be a threat with his speed. I think it would be nice to motion him out into the slot, and have a backer cover him, and just have him run a fly. Hell, put him at dime back or something, just use him.

gregair13
10-29-2005, 09:28 AM
screen passes to bennett would work. he could be the guy we use in between the 40s to give MeMo a rest. i would put him on special teams as a gunner and as a returner. he is fast, you cant coach speed.

Articnv
10-29-2005, 10:48 AM
hes not a bust hes just not being used properly. As a kick or punt return he just wouldnt do well as he lacks a good field vision and dosnt cut to well.

Should be used between the 40s as a toos or pitch to the outside or screen pass. Or slot reciever runnign a slant panter were he can sue his speed.

He just dosnt have the field viion to run up the middle and see x hole pluged and hit any ways were hole y or z could be open if he just cut.

Right now i see hsi mentalit is x hole is were i go and dosnt look else were if its clogged and just hit.

ejmat
10-29-2005, 02:41 PM
I mentioned in a previous thread Bennett would be good as a kick off returner. That is where his speed can be an asset. As far as using him as an everydown back he lacks the skills of an NFL every down running back. Nothing personal, he just does.

You cannot blame the line with Bennett. I've seen holes for him and he misses them. Eveyone else seems to do just fine for the most part with the same line.

I like Koren as the punt returner. He showed what can happen when the team actually blocks instead of making the ball carrier do all the work. For right now MeMo is the starter and does just fine. Fason has been activated so we may see him on STs and a few downs on offense. IMO keep using Bennett the way he has been used but add him as a kick off returner.

PurpleTide
10-29-2005, 03:34 PM
I think we should wear the defense down using the "i" formation with Sausser leading MeMo, then let Bennett get some plays for his skills. Can't get a better 1-2 if they play to each's skills.
I think the team has realized this now, and I hope to see better play calling stressing each backs indiviual talents.

Hitstick31
10-29-2005, 04:13 PM
I dont care what you guys say. I WANT ONTERRIO BACK ON THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR. He's our best runningback and is better than Mewelde Moore, although Mewelde is amazing. Onterrio Smith is strong and powerful, something than Moore and Bennett lack. He also can catch and has the speed to go all the way. Let this whizzinator and assault stuff slide, I bet you any money that that women is lying, just like Kobe Bryants rape scandal. Women try to get atheletes in trouble (Vick, Jordan, Onterrio, Kobe) because all they want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. This guys a good player and can easily be a 1,000 yard back with Birk, FOnotoni, and Marcus Johnson starting next year.

singersp
10-29-2005, 04:25 PM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

I dont care what you guys say. I WANT ONTERRIO BACK ON THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR. Onterrio Smith is strong and powerful, something than Moore and Bennett lack. He also can catch and has the speed to go all the way.

I agree with you there. But he won't be back until next year. He needs to get clean & stay clean if he wants to be part of this team.

Lotza
10-29-2005, 04:43 PM
onterrio ain't comin' back. he screwed his chance

SamDawg84
10-29-2005, 05:02 PM
morre is better than smith! and smith is a druggy!

V4L
10-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I feel bad for Bennett kind of.. He is not a bust.. Just in the wrong system.. Our blocking was horrible.. And our play calling was sending him up the middle just on first downs.. I think Bennett needs just 1 key block and he wasn't getting that or the plays he can succeed with.. Atleast he is getting in on some Special Teams!

Grassdog61
10-29-2005, 05:20 PM
The problem is we can't tell whether he's a bust because Tice (or the OC or whoever the hell is calling plays now) hasn't given him enough carries or touches. For just once I'd like to see what Bennett could accomplish if there was a commitment to use him as the no. 1 back - that means don't go jerking him out the game the first time he makes a mistake. How could any player develop a rhythm for the game and build some confidence if they only get 6-8 touches a game? Is Mewelde that much better that we forgo the upside Bennett has? Make no mistake about it, Bennett can still play. If our lame duck coaching staff can't figure out how to utilize him, some other team will.

I hope we hold on to him for another year so we can see what he could accomplish when we have a real head coach and coaching staff.

singersp
10-29-2005, 05:21 PM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

morre is better than smith! and smith is a druggy!

Like I said, He needs to kick his habit if he wants to be a football player. The choice is his.

I don't want to see him follow in Ricky Williams footsteps. He's too talented of a player to waste his life on pot.

Hitstick31
10-29-2005, 05:45 PM
YEAH BENNETT IS THE FASTEST PLAYER IN THE NFL, I think he is our most explosive player, JUST NEEDS ONE KEY BLOCK TO THE OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!! Kleinny and Benett in the I formation= plus 20 yard runs ALOT.

ejmat
10-29-2005, 06:06 PM
I agree that Wizzy is our best running back. No doubt in my mind. As far as Bennett goes, he has had a good line before and a bad line now. He hasn't done well with either. Good backs make things happen. Moore has made thing shappen when he is in there. Bennett has not. Bennett has played previous years with great lines and still hasn't proven that he's a good RB. His talent is speed. You need to find a create holes to be a good RB. He can't even find the holes that are there. I like him on STs and coming in to give MeMo a breather. That's really it. He is fast but he has to learn to get by the front line to use his speed. He doesn't do that very often. At least not consistently like MeMo and Whizzy do.

Hitstick31
10-29-2005, 06:25 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

I agree that Wizzy is our best running back. No doubt in my mind. As far as Bennett goes, he has had a good line before and a bad line now. He hasn't done well with either. Good backs make things happen. Moore has made thing shappen when he is in there. Bennett has not. Bennett has played previous years with great lines and still hasn't proven that he's a good RB. His talent is speed. You need to find a create holes to be a good RB. He can't even find the holes that are there. I like him on STs and coming in to give MeMo a breather. That's really it. He is fast but he has to learn to get by the front line to use his speed. He doesn't do that very often. At least not consistently like MeMo and Whizzy do.No man, Good o lines make a runningback. If youve played football, you will know that plain and simple. Without O line play, runningbacks wouldn't get forward, it ALL DEPENDS ON THE EXCECUTION OF THE BLOCK, TO HOLD IT FOR 1 or 2 more seconds, TO GET LOW AND DRIVE. Oterwise, good runningbacks are never to be found.

ejmat
10-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I did play football and I did play some RB. I understand a good O line makes a good RB. However good RBs also find ways to be a good RB. Let me name 2. Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. Even Shaun Alexander did well without a good line. What I'm saying is MeMo finds a way to get positive yardage on a consistent basis. So did Whizzy. Bennett had the benefit of having a good line for 3 years and let's face i t, he hasn't really done very well.

Please don't tell me about playing football. I've played. I know how things work. I also see what I see when I watch Viking games. Everyone can sit here and be in denial about Bennett. He is not a talented RB. He's a fast runner with good athletic ability. There is a difference whether you want to see it or not.

audioghost
10-29-2005, 08:29 PM
A place for Bennett....hmmm, lets see...Arizona, Cleveland, New York (Jets), I dunno, who else needs a RB.....we should trade him for something, not a 6th round draft pick, maybe a 4th or 5th or an impact lineman.....

PLACE FOR HIM.....not here....unless he's gonna play & contribute....otherwise he's worth nothing to us.....

Hitstick31
10-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Ejmat, i agree on the things you say, however Alexander HAS A GREAT O LINE, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Robbie Tobeck, Pork Chop Womack, Chris Gray and have a great future center in chris spencer. I easily see 3-4 pro bowlers in that lineup. AS for us, the only decent ones we have are Mckinnie and Melvin Fowler. When Fonotuni and Marcus Johnson crack the starting lineup, I think we will be alot better.

Articnv
10-29-2005, 09:08 PM
The thing is with bennett if theres not a hole were his told to run but a hoel some were else on the line he will go were hes todl to run. Other RBs will see x hole si cloged and cut to the hoel that si made for him. Bewnnet lacks field vision wich si way i say he wont make a good return either.

He has tunnel vision just sees whats in front fo him nothing else.

Bennet would be a good RB in teh right system minesotas systems just not for him.

Audio the trade line is dead and gone and i doubt we resign bennett this offseason.

Then were gettign to get media hounded because other times will now how to utilize him, and every oen here will yell at the front office for not resigning bennett.

NordicNed
10-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I've always been a MB fan, and even when he had to endure hard times with injuries, I've always backed him and said what till he heals and makes a return....

But times are starting to become trying times, and MM has shown me the spark that MB used to..

I still believe MB has it in himself to be a great RB,. But now is the time to continue to let MM shine and prove himself..

I hate to say it but, if anything happens to MM, at least we have MB on the shelf...

umaguma1979
10-30-2005, 01:50 AM
I think the Vikes can still get something out of Bennett if they use him like Jerry Burns did in the original West Coast offense in the late 70's when Tommy Kramer took over as quarterback. Burnsy used to run three wide receivers and a single set back.

I think Bennett is more like Sammy White than Robert Smith. Moving Bennett out to the slot will provide a difficult match up for any defense and take some pressure of the running game.

6-KINGS
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
"singersp" wrote:

I don't think he's a bust. They aren't playing him in the right calls. Straight up the middle with no holes opened up ain't gonna happen for Bennett. He lacks the cutting ability that Memo has.

They need to use him in the slot, around the outside, on quick screen dumps or over the middle short passes.

The lineman can stop him very well, but call a play where they force a LB to cover him. That's where his speed will payoff.

Bravo Singer!
Bring back the WingBack formation with his skills he could find the openings better.
Flare outs, button hooks, screens, endrounds, classic z and the post fly.
He is so built for it.
Just get his speed in the open, that is what he needs.
He will last longer too.

Just my thoughts

ejmat
10-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Hitstick, notice I said Alexander DID well without a good offensive line. I know they have a great line now but it wasn't that good two years ago. He still found a way to get the ball past the front line consistently. They built that line around him.

Audio, I heard something about Orlando Thomas but not the whole story. What's going on? Is it terminal?

BBQ Platypus
10-30-2005, 05:33 PM
I have a place for Bennett. It's called THE BENCH!!! :lol:

6-KINGS
10-30-2005, 05:37 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Silly BBQ you can't bench that much skill.

LuckyVike
10-30-2005, 05:39 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

What skill? :scratch:

ultravikingfan
10-30-2005, 06:43 PM
I have a place for him....on another team! :razz:

ItalianStallion
10-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Bennett is not our best back and won't be here next year. He is way too one-dimensional.

Lotza
10-30-2005, 08:39 PM
right here v
http://www.dfwstormwater.com/images/trash-can-filled2.jpg

NordicNed
10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Lotza,

I have to agree with you, bennet is done....has no more heart and is a pile of Shit if you ask me....get rid of the dead weight...

And to think, I used to love the guy...

ejmat
10-31-2005, 03:15 AM
I can't believe everyone is finally seeing what I see in Bennett. Great speed and athleticism but not a good RB. Did you see how MeMo found holes today? Albeit they were all called back for rediculous holding calls but the point is he finds someplace to go.

umaguma1979
10-31-2005, 04:57 AM
Denver

PurplePeopleEaters
10-31-2005, 04:58 AM
A converted WR. Can he catch at all? He could be like a steve smith..

LunchBox
10-31-2005, 06:48 AM
As a current student at the University of Wisconsin, it pains me to say this but...
1) Bennett IS a bust - he was a FIRST round pick. He's definately not developed into a star or anything close. The last two years, he's been beaten out of a starting job by 2 seperate 4th round picks.

2) Bennett does run screens very well, just perfect for him, get out there and run with very few blocks to read. Unfortunately, it's hard to run a screen if the other team is expecting it and this is about the only reason we can have him in the game.

3) He's actually a pretty bad reciever. He's VERY poor at running routes and doesn't have natural hands (he tends to fight the ball). Also, he's still a liability in pass blocking. Notice both Moore and Williams play ahead of him on third down.

4) He doesn't have much power, isn't durable, has awful vision, and is one of many Vikings with fumbling problems (Daunte, Moore, Williams, Kleinsausage, etc.)

finnishvikingsfan
10-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Put him at DB maybe he can cover someone fast.

Paulbedy59
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey,can he coach?

ejmat
10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Kick off returner only!!!!

finnishvikingsfan
10-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Team USA track and field.

LunchBox
11-01-2005, 12:00 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

Kick off returner only!!!!

He isn't good enough at reading blocks to return kicks, and frankly, he isn't tough enough.

midgensa
11-01-2005, 12:28 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I have a place for him....on another team! :razz:

as a former Bennett apologist, I think I have to side with you on this one Ultra!! Time for Bennett to move on and move out.

ejmat
11-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Can I ask what is the change in everyone's mind set with Bennett. I have bashed him for a year now and all I got was flack for it. What has changed? He hasn't done anything wrong since the Bengal game. I'm not sticking up for him here but what has changed people's minds?

6-KINGS
11-07-2005, 04:24 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Yeap Bennett has no skills left in him....................
I will be shipping fresh Crows to the posters in this thread!
:wink:

Oh Big B still got skill.

Paulbedy59
11-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Bennet has talent,what he lacks is vision.He can even cut fairly well but he just doesn,t see plays developing.And hey if the other team thinks if Bennet is in for a screen,let,s keep him in to slow down the rush.

6-KINGS
11-07-2005, 04:38 PM
"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Bennet has talent,what he lacks is vision.He can even cut fairly well but he just doesn,t see plays developing.And hey if the other team thinks if Bennet is in for a screen,let,s keep him in to slow down the rush.

His vision is lacking, but I think he can be a big part of our "O"

Paul your quote is "If it is just a game, why keep score"

I have your answer.
So people can bet on the games.
And I made a killing this weekend.
$$$

Prophet
11-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Three Crow Recipes

From Debbie, courtesy of her Mom's WW II cookbook

Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows
1 Tbsp lard/shortening
1 pint stock or gravy
2 Tbsp cream
1/2 cup mushrooms
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper

Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them.
Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream.
Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.

Potted Crow:

6 crows
3 bacon slices
stuffing of your choice
1 diced carrot
1 diced onion
chopped parsley
hot water or stock
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup flour
buttered toast

Clean and dress crows; stuff and place them upright in stew-pan on the slices of bacon. Add the carrot, onion and a little parsley, and cover with boiling water or stock.
Cover the pot and let simmer for 2-3 hours, or until tender, adding boiling water or stock when necessary.
Make a sauce of the shortening and flour and 2 cups of the stock remaining in the pan.

Serve each crow on a thin slice of moistened toast, and pour gravy over all.

Crow Pie:

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.
Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)
Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top.
Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

Collected by Bert Christensen
Toronto, Ontario

web site: http://bertc.com

6-KINGS
11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Three Crow Recipes

Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows
1 Tbsp lard/shortening
1 pint stock or gravy
2 Tbsp cream
1/2 cup mushrooms
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper

Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them.
Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream.

Potted Crow:

6 crows
3 bacon slices
stuffing of your choice
1 diced carrot
1 diced onion
chopped parsley
hot water or stock
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup flour
buttered toast

Clean and dress crows; stuff and place them upright in stew-pan on the slices of bacon. Add the carrot, onion and a little parsley, and cover with boiling water or stock.
Cover the pot and let simmer for 2-3 hours, or until tender, adding boiling water or stock when necessary.
Make a sauce of the shortening and flour and 2 cups of the stock remaining in the pan.

Crow Pie:

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.
Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top.

Toronto, Ontario

LOL!!!!

Man seeing that Potted Crow is making me hungry!!

Great Job Prophet!
I am still laughing!!
Makes my pain feel much less.
Thanks!

ejmat
11-08-2005, 01:29 AM
Now everyone wants to step back on the Bennett banwagon. I will give Bennett his props. Sunday's game was his BEST as a pro. He played with heart. Still saw him miss some holes when they were there however he created his own a couple of times. I give him his props. They are due. If he can do that consistently it will shut me up about him. As for right now, it was one game. Do it a few more times and maybe I will reconsider my thinking. He still is a bust as far as I'm concerned but watching him Sunday gives me hope.

6-KINGS
11-08-2005, 01:39 AM
We have a place for him.
And he showed that Sunday

BBQ Platypus
11-08-2005, 02:43 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

Three Crow Recipes

Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows
1 Tbsp lard/shortening
1 pint stock or gravy
2 Tbsp cream
1/2 cup mushrooms
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper

Potted Crow:

6 crows
3 bacon slices
stuffing of your choice
1 diced carrot
1 diced onion
chopped parsley
hot water or stock
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup flour
buttered toast

Crow Pie:

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Toronto, Ontario

No thanks. It's really not that sanitary anymore, what with the bird flu and everything.

As for the whole Michael Bennett thing...
:oops: D'oh!

(Note: The preceding 'D'oh!' does not change my position that Bennett is quite replacable by The Original Onterrionator).

ejmat
11-08-2005, 06:13 AM
I agree.

digital420
11-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Bennet showed why Green always wanted to go with him, why Tice always thought that if they could just get him some running room he can take off. This is his biggest weapon.. he's damn FAST.. get him around the corner and if his shoulders square.. he can easily pull in yardage!!

now.. toss him into the center with no holes and hands everywhere.. and we loose his greatest weapon.. I really think the tandem of mm and mb will help us by focing teams to deal with 2 compeltly different running styles.. and once u get them thinking they know what's comin.. toss mm out right.. or mb right down their throats!!

course.. this might be a bit complex for tice's mind.. but we can only hope.

DiGiTaL

6-KINGS
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

No thanks. It's really not that sanitary anymore, what with the bird flu and everything.

As for the whole Michael Bennett thing...
:oops: D'oh!

(Note: The preceding 'D'oh!' does not change my position that Bennett is quite replacable by The Original Onterrionator).

Then you shall burn forever in the eternal pit of hellfire and damnation.

Yours in Christ,
6-KINGS

V4L
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Yeap Bennett has no skills left in him....................
I will be shipping fresh Crows to the posters in this thread!

Oh Big B still got skill.

U gotta have some skill to rush for 106 :grin:

Atta boy Mikey!

ultravikingfan
11-08-2005, 03:27 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

Now everyone wants to step back on the Bennett banwagon. I will give Bennett his props. Sunday's game was his BEST as a pro. He played with heart. Still saw him miss some holes when they were there however he created his own a couple of times. I give him his props. They are due. If he can do that consistently it will shut me up about him. As for right now, it was one game. Do it a few more times and maybe I will reconsider my thinking. He still is a bust as far as I'm concerned but watching him Sunday gives me hope.

That game was not his "best" as a pro and anybody who has watched the Vikes over the past few years would know that.

People are not jumping on, some never jumped off in the first place.

Top_Speed
11-08-2005, 05:14 PM
My crappy old opinion is to keep him. You can't replace speed like that easily. I think he has the bugs all worked out and should still backup #30 and this one-two punch is complimentary and opens up the passing game (if our O-line can do their job and give Brad some time?) ..well that's another story.

ejmat
11-09-2005, 04:11 AM
UltraViking,

In my opinion it was his all around best game of his career. He was consistent. If you can name other games that were better (as consistent) then maybe I'll change my opinion. Sure he had other games where he had more yardage but it was because of a 60 or 80 yard run. He didn't do too well the rest of those games. This game he was consistent.

As far as jumping on and off the banwagon, maybe you missed some of last weeks posts. Let's face it. He hasn't been the most consistent player. He had a great game Sunday and I am happy for him. I'd love to see him continue. I know you are above putting people down for their opinions. That's not you. If you think he had better all around games than so be it. I won't argue with you. I personally don't think he has.

ultravikingfan
11-09-2005, 05:26 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

UltraViking,

In my opinion it was his all around best game of his career. He was consistent. If you can name other games that were better (as consistent) then maybe I'll change my opinion. Sure he had other games where he had more yardage but it was because of a 60 or 80 yard run. He didn't do too well the rest of those games. This game he was consistent.

As far as jumping on and off the banwagon, maybe you missed some of last weeks posts. Let's face it. He hasn't been the most consistent player. He had a great game Sunday and I am happy for him. I'd love to see him continue. I know you are above putting people down for their opinions. That's not you. If you think he had better all around games than so be it. I won't argue with you. I personally don't think he has.

Here are the stats from his best year. Granted, the big games he had some big runs but he still would've had a pretty good game.

I know what you are saying though. He looked like he was out to send a message Sunday that he still can be a dangerous RB.

ejmat
11-09-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey UV,

I don't think you posted the stats but I'm thinking you are talking about 2002 when he had 1296 yards. Without looking, I believe he averaged 5.1 YPC. Very good stats but if you consider 3 of those runs were for like 210 yards, and put 252 (255 minus those 3 carries) carries into 1086 yards it comes out to about 4.33 YPC. Not too shabby. However his best amount other then that year was like 680 or something like that.

When you look at his YPC I think he's in the range of a little over 4 for his career. Again, not shabby. But when you consider he has to run ten yards on 1 carry to make up for -2 or 3 on three other carries, it's not a good thing.

Granted, the guy is a great athlete with a lot of speed. Good potential! But he still hasn't proven to me he is a good RB. When he starts finding and / or creating holes like he did on Sunday consistently then I will jump on the banwagon and shut my idiotic mouth or slow my dumb-@$$ fingers when I type about him. I think a few more games like he had I will believe. I really can't let one game change my mind about his RB abilities. He can be a dangerous RB. He can be explosive. I'd love to see that.