PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Named NFC Offensive Player for Week 7

Prophet
10-26-2005, 09:34 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Culpepper Named NFC Offensive Player for Week 7
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:00:16 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week 7. Culpepper completed 23-of-31 passes for 280 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in the 23-20 win over the Green Bay Packers Sunday, Oct. 23.

snowinapril
10-26-2005, 09:39 PM
The NFL has been waiting to give him some sort of accolade all season.

He is a big name, he has some good endorsements this year on a national level. Gotta lift him up!

Number look good, it was a comeback, he deserves it.

vikinggreg
10-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow!!! from the doghouse to the star of the week

This is the start of the old Pep returning to form, great to see :occasion5:

ejmat
10-26-2005, 09:45 PM
It is good to see. Let's hope he stays confident and plays like he's capable.

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Wow, good for him. I wonder how the packer fans feel now? Had the packers won it would have been Favre for sure.

tastywaves
10-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Congrats C-Pep. Take that confidence into Carolina. :cheers:

VegasLadyJae
10-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Bout time, but I love it! Love him!

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Ok stat people. Go and see how cpep fared the next week after winning this award last year. I think he won it either two or three times. I would do it myself but I can't go to any other sports websites.

cajunvike
10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Didn't think that he was all that spectacular....but I will take it!

Paulbedy59
10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Congrats Pep,you earned it.

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 10:30 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Didn't think that he was all that spectacular....but I will take it!

Either was anybody else....except for Favre unfortunately but they lost thank God.

Lotza
10-26-2005, 10:35 PM
cool. therea re others that i think deserved it more but... go cpep!

Jviking
10-26-2005, 10:42 PM
lets hope he can do it this week as well!

snowinapril
10-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Tice and DC are going to be on caochspeak in a few minutes on the NFL channel for anyone that is able to watch it. It replays later today and tonight for those that are reading this after the fact.

Skol!

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Dang! I'll have to catch the replay!

Bubba_ND
10-26-2005, 10:50 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

and who did you think did better than 280 yrds and 2 TD's and a drive to win the game not to mention a 17-0 comeback at half time against brett Farve.
Lets here you answer and then i'll laugh

snowinapril
10-26-2005, 10:58 PM
"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

and who did you think did better than 280 yrds and 2 TD's and a drive to win the game not to mention a 17-0 comeback at half time against brett Farve.

I think Brunell could have easily been picked for it.

It is a judgement call.

Both guys played well and were on the winning side of the ball.

DC got the honor.

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah I was thinking Brunell or Portis, but that is pretty much it. Cpep deserved it though cuz he got us through a critical 4th quarter drive under a lot of pressure and the other two played in a blow out!

snowinapril
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah I was thinking Brunell or Portis, but that is pretty much it. Cpep deserved it though cuz he got us through a critical 4th quarter drive under a lot of pressure and the other two played in a blow out!

Favre would have gotten it if he wasn't on the losing end of the game. His stats were the best. Hard to vote for a loser like Favre!!!

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah, that's what I said earlier, thank God we were on the winning end!

ultravikingfan
10-26-2005, 11:51 PM
"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I am glad Pep won it. It was a huge victory.

But, I was suprised too. Portis could've also taken it hadn't that game been a blowout.

gregair13
10-27-2005, 02:08 AM
mabye they just gave it to him to show that he doesnt suck as much as he did in the first 5 weeks.

singersp
10-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Gotta give credit where credit is due!

Edinger should definetly get some type of recognition. 56 yards is along one baby! Especially when winning the game is on the line.

Bubba_ND
10-27-2005, 03:11 AM
WOW look who brunell and Portis were playing the top San fransico 49ers i dont think any back or QB couldnt run for 2 or 3 tds and throw 4 TD's.

FuadFan
10-27-2005, 03:47 AM
Josh Brown won the special teams award over Edinger because he hit those two FGs for over 50 yards I guess.

midgensa
10-27-2005, 04:12 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Ok stat people. Go and see how cpep fared the next week after winning this award last year. I think he won it either two or three times. I would do it myself but I can't go to any other sports websites.

Oh c'mon man, we all have lives ...
D.Culpepper won player of the week in the NFL in 2004 in weeks 1, 3, 6, and 15. He followed those weeks respectively with:
Week 2 L at Philly 37/47, 363, 1 TD, 1 INT, 95.3 rating, 1 Fumble lost
Week 4 was a bye so ...
Week 5 W at Houston 36/50 396, 5 TDS, 0 INT, 128.4
Week 7 W vs. Tennessee 24/30, 183, 1 TDS, 0 INTS
Week 16 L vs. Green Bay 16/23 285, 3 TDS, 0 INTS, 151.3 rating.

Totals following NFC Player of the week honors:
2-2, 113/150, 1,227 yds, 10 TDS, 1 INT, 118.39 Rating.

midgensa
10-27-2005, 04:17 AM
I think that the lack of Brunell or Portis winning here shows the league's complete disregard for a once proud franchise in San Francisco. I do think they made the right choice though ... and I also think Edinger deserved the award. His kick is much tougher than the kick Brown hit and came to end a classic comeback.

midgensa
10-27-2005, 04:23 AM
"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

Let's HEAR you use correct grammar even slightly and then I will laugh. Jesus, where do these people come from?

Bubba_ND
10-27-2005, 04:38 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

Let's HEAR you use correct grammar even slightly and then I will laugh. Jesus, where do these people come from?

Your a funny guy. Arent you? Lets see here, nothing is spelled wrong, and
it is a correct sentence besides the Capitalization. Sorry if i dont make it perfect. All i do is read a reply quickly i dont spend time correcting something everyone can understand, its called Instant message shortcuts to spelling.
And keep on copying the same answers I gave about why Brunell should of never won the NFC offensive of player.

have a good day Rube

ultravikingfan
10-27-2005, 04:45 AM
"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

it is a correct sentence besides the Capitalization. Sorry if i dont make it perfect. All i do is read a reply quickly i dont spend time correcting something everyone can understand, its called Instant message shortcuts to spelling.
And keep on copying the same answers I gave about why Brunell should of never won the NFC offensive of player.

have a good day Rube

You spelled Favre wrong! :razz:

Relax dude.

singersp
10-27-2005, 04:55 AM
And who did you think did better than 280 yards, 2 TD's and a drive to win the game? Not to mention a 17-0 comeback at half time against Brett Favre.

Lets here your answer and then I'll laugh.

There! Everybody happy?

We all understood what Bubba was saying & that's what is important.

Keep on posting Bubba!

midgensa
10-27-2005, 05:14 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Bubba_ND" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

have a good day Rube

You spelled Favre wrong! :razz:

Relax dude.

Thanks Ultra :lol:

All I am saying is if you are going to be rude as sh#t to someone for their opinion (stating you will laugh at their reasons, blah blah blah) you should at least show some semblance of intelligence.

midgensa
10-27-2005, 05:15 AM
"singersp" wrote:

And who did you think did better than 280 yards, 2 TD's and a drive to win the game? Not to mention a 17-0 comeback at half time against Brett Favre.

There! Everybody happy?

Keep on posting Bubba!

Actually no, you people still cannot spell HEAR.

singersp
10-27-2005, 05:22 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

There! Everybody happy?

Keep on posting Bubba!

Ok, I missed one! :lol:

CynicalVike
10-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Geez, I can feel a lot of love on the net tonight!

ejmat
10-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Glad we are all Viking fans. I for one am glad Pep won the award. I think that can give him confidence to go into the next week. Yes, Favre did have better stats but the stat that matters here is the win.

The one thing I will say in defense of Portis and Brunell. Yes, they went against the SF 49ers (1-5) but we went against the GB Packers (also 1-5) However, GB has the #14 ranked Defense and SF has the 32nd. When you look at the stats, Brunell had a better all around game but Pep did it against a better D. It's anyone's call. As a Viking fan, Pep should have won it. As a Skins fan, Brunell should have won it. I say Pep and so did the people giving the honors.

mnvikes61
10-27-2005, 11:40 PM
i think what seperated Daunte from Brunell is that Culpepper brought his team back from being 17 points down. i know that wasn't all Culpepper either the defense had to step up and stop the pack, that's the only reason i can see why Daunte won the offensive player of the game.

singersp
10-28-2005, 02:51 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

i think what seperated Daunte from Brunell is that Culpepper brought his team back from being 17 points down. i know that wasn't all Culpepper either the defense had to step up and stop the pack, that's the only reason i can see why Daunte won the offensive player of the game.

That & that fact that he greatly improved from week 6!

collegeguyjeff
10-28-2005, 07:20 AM
culpepper has had really bad times before and we know this, when he got back on track he was hot as hell so hopefully his confindence is back, who knows maybe he was really playing bad cause of his knee? oh and the offensive line too ha ha. well i hope he throws 4 td's in this game and shuts some people up. hopefully the vikings use williamson more too so people shut up about saying he was a bust cause he wasn't.

Articnv
10-28-2005, 07:47 AM
gratz pep i still think paul should have got the specail tiems award cause it was 56 yards a team record and 2nd longest winnign field goal in nfl history

midgensa
10-28-2005, 08:43 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

There! Everybody happy?

Keep on posting Bubba!

Ok, I missed one! :lol:

I know we are a couple of days old here, but it is all good man!!