PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports poll ... best ending on Sunday?

midgensa
10-25-2005, 03:29 AM
Just saw this poll and see that the Vikes/Pack are not getting much love. I am a little biased, but I think it was the best ending because it was good football ... the Seahawks won because of bad play by the Cowgirls, the Broncos gave away the game against the Giants and the Chargers just got flat unlucky ... what does everyone here think?

http://msn.foxsports.com/

At the bottom right.

Ltrey33
10-25-2005, 03:30 AM
The Giants and the Broncos was pretty dern good....the Vikes gotta get the vote though!

midgensa
10-25-2005, 03:38 AM
Yeah I think the Giants and Broncos was real football at least, the other two games were just flukes or poorly played football.

singersp
10-25-2005, 04:00 AM
Well you know, most of the Packer fans (and there are a lot of them) won't vote for the Vikings, simply because they are cheesedicks.

CynicalVike
10-25-2005, 04:20 AM
The truth of the matter is that the top two games were east coast teams. Where do the most people in this country live?

midgensa
10-25-2005, 04:31 AM
"CynicalVike" wrote:

The truth of the matter is that the top two games were east coast teams. Where do the most people in this country live?

California

gregair13
10-25-2005, 04:52 AM
our game of coarse gets the lowest. this win for us means nothing to the rest of the league, it just means something to green bay and minnesota. but realisticly the giants over the broncos was a better ending.

singersp
10-25-2005, 05:30 AM
"CynicalVike" wrote:

Houses, condos & apartments! :lol:

nephilimstorm
10-25-2005, 05:35 AM
geesh someone kicks a 56 yard franchise record field goal to beat everyones gf brett farve and no respect for it

singersp
10-25-2005, 05:44 AM
"nephilimstorm" wrote:

geesh someone kicks a 56 yard franchise record field goal to beat everyones gf brett farve and no respect for it

Not only a franchise record! It was the 2nd longest FG kicked in NFL history that won a game. Tom Dempsey's 63 yarder to beat the Lions in 1970 is still the best.

i_bleed_purple
10-25-2005, 05:50 AM
also jason elam tied that record just a few years ago

if Edinger were a few yards back he could have mabye gotten it in from 63 yards, the ball landed in the stands

Bubba_ND
10-25-2005, 08:09 AM
i think its our by far, just the history between the two teams makes it that much better, also how the Vikings came thru where everyone doubted they could get a win, especially when they looked like crap the 1st half, i don tknow how ours could be better, the last drives between the two teams, only reason we aint on the map is cuz New York and the rest of the east coast is in love with every new york teams. Ours was the most needed victory and had i think ht biggest deficet for a team to come back.
who cares this one is a special one in our hearts, well for all viking fans.

duffVIkEs
10-25-2005, 08:21 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"CynicalVike" wrote:

California

:lol:

WBLVikeBabe
10-25-2005, 08:22 AM
"Bubba_ND" wrote:

Ours was the most needed victory and had i think the biggest deficet for a team to come back.

I think in all my years of going to Vikings games, that field goal was the most exciting moment I can remember. And you are right Bubba, it doesn't matter how people vote on a poll, it really was special!

cajunvike
10-25-2005, 08:30 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"Bubba_ND" wrote:

Ours was the most needed victory and had i think the biggest deficet for a team to come back.

I think in all my years of going to Vikings games, that field goal was the most exciting moment I can remember. And you are right Bubba, it doesn't matter how people vote on a poll, it really was special!

I second that emotion...watching the Vikings players celebrate, you would have thought that they had just won the Super Bowl!!! To come back after getting smacked down in the first half, there is no doubt that the ending of the Vikes game on Sunday should be considered the best...but once again, the Vikes gets no love! Seeing the look on all those Packer fan faces when Edinger hit that FG was PRICELESS!!! With one swing of his mighty leg, he wiped the smug looks that they had on their faces right off...to be replaced by looks of utter dismay...at having to digest some serious crow...with no Heinz 57 to wash it down with either!!! :lol:

singersp
10-25-2005, 02:16 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

also jason elam tied that record just a few years ago

if Edinger were a few yards back he could have mabye gotten it in from 63 yards, the ball landed in the stands

Elam tied the longest kick in history, but his was not a game winning FG kick.

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I think the thing is that the rest of the nation doesn't realize how great this rivalry is. They are all concerned with the Cowgirl/Redskin and Raider/Chief rivalries. We all know about those rivalries, but we also realize how great our own rivalry is. I may be biased but a 56 year figgie against your biggest rival to win the game is pretty darn good.

The people in the rest of the nation don't realize how many cheesedicks live in Minny and how many vikes fans live in sconny. Families are divided by these two teams, you don't see that with Oak/KC or Dal/Wash. We are not only football rivals but geographic rivals.

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 12:10 AM
I think the thing is that the rest of the nation doesn't realize how great this rivalry is. They are all concerned with the Cowgirl/Redskin and Raider/Chief rivalries. We all know about those rivalries, but we also realize how great our own rivalry is. I may be biased but a 56 year figgie against your biggest rival to win the game is pretty darn good.

The people in the rest of the nation don't realize how many cheesedicks live in Minny and how many vikes fans live in sconny. Families are divided by these two teams, you don't see that with Oak/KC or Dal/Wash. We are not only football rivals but geographic rivals.