PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed in the fans

bleedpurple27
10-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Week 7 of the NFL 2005-06 season and I gotta say...SOME Vikings fans have jumped ship already. Now I understand that it's been a frustrating year so far....and I understand that everyone has their own unique way to "root" for his/her team but I'm dissapointed with some of the Vikings fans. First, you have the people that are at the game with the bags on their heads. If this is how they feel..then so be it..I may not agree with it..but hey..that's your right....but as if it never happened these yahoos are jumping up and down pumping their fists, giving high fives....then start giving the Packers fans crap..when the Vikings start coming back.....what the? Packers fans LOVED to see the Vikings fans with paper sacks on their heads....
Second, I've been to every home game for the last 8 years...so I know that there's always going to be a number of fans from the other team...and there is always a pretty good representation of Packer fans at the dome. But yesterday was a JOKE. Seats that are normally filled with Vikings fans...season ticket holders by the way...were filled with Packers fans. Every where you looked there were Packers fans. Back in the early 90's the dome used to be about half and half for the Packers game....but that had seemed a thing of the past until yesterday. So much for home field advantage huh?
I know that most of the fans that go to the games for the most part are pretty darn loyal....and I know that there are always going to be the exceptions...but yeterday was not a good showing for alot of Vikings fans.
The Minnesota Vikings organzation needs the fans support more now, than maybe at any other time in team history....you're either in...or you're out...cuz when they get this thing straighted out...whether it's this year...or next year... or 5 years..there may not be room on the Purple ship for you fair weather fans. Tice is our coach...Culpepper is our QB...deal with it....when the season is over, then let the winds of change start blowing.

mnvikes61
10-24-2005, 09:14 PM
the fans with bags on their head should give their tickets to me :grin:

DCPologirl
10-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately because I live in DC I can't go to the games, otherwise I would be at every single one. But I will be at the Ravens Vikings game on Dec 25th wearing the only proper purple jersey!

SKOL!

DEVIKINGFAN!
10-24-2005, 09:28 PM
DCPologirl......You wont be the only one..................

WBLVikeBabe
10-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Actually I didn't think there were as many Packers fans there as I thought there were going to be. But I guess any Packer fan is too many! I almost had to cover my ears when they started yelling Go Pack Go, man that was sickening!

DCPologirl
10-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Good to hear! I will look forward to seeing other fans wearing the proper purple at the game! The only purple! Where are ya from?

Jviking
10-24-2005, 09:32 PM
The fans with bags on their heads should be forced to become packer fans. Come on????

snowinapril
10-24-2005, 09:38 PM
I have been saying that about the GB game in the dome for a while. I was pissed last Dec when I went to the game. It was 1/3 packer backers. It is terrible. I came to the conclusion that some of the Viking fans sell those tickets to help pay for the rest of the tickets. I just don't get it.

I hear ya about the Unknown Viking Fans, next time you see one of them tell them to head to San Antonio to watch the aints with Red and the Saints owner.

Bubba_ND
10-24-2005, 09:41 PM
ya i was at the game and there was a lot of packer fans probably 1/4, but not half. And yeah there were fans Booing and turning their culpeper jerseys inside out i guess if you think they deserve to be booed, then boo them but dont expect them to play better. How does Booing help your team, ya they came back, but what do the players think he half of the viking fans are booing them?
And all i heard at half is put Brad in culpeper is washed up. I knew if we would comeback it would be CPEP not brad Johnsons.

And thank god for tice for leaving DPEP in there and saving the TO.

But ya i bet those packer fans just loved it how half of us were acting, i know if packer fans were like that i would be talking crap all game too.

mrviking28
10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Now lets not jump to conclusions. Maybe some of these people just wanted to hide their faces because they are really ugly. In that case we should give them props for having the guts to come out and support the team even though any minute that bad could fly off their heads and they would be laughed at.

DCPologirl
10-24-2005, 09:48 PM
LMAO that is hysterical...thank you for making me laugh!

WBLVikeBabe
10-24-2005, 09:51 PM
"mrviking28" wrote:

Now lets not jump to conclusions. Maybe some of these people just wanted to hide their faces because they are really ugly. In that case we should give them props for having the guts to come out and support the team even though any minute that bad could fly off their heads and they would be laughed at.

lol, I like your sense of humor mrviking! :lol:

mrviking28
10-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks. Now lets all be proud and burn those bags!
http://www.perez-rogers.org/images/Odds_Ends/unknown_comic.jpg

Oops. Better take them off first.

CynicalVike
10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
I hate the idea of "our house" being filled with anything but Vikings fans, but stopping that will never happen. Its because of "coorporate ticket buy outs". Many of those people that were missing are probably just transplanted here from other parts of the country, and a Vikings game is nothing more than just a "pro sports fix" for them since they can't go to see their own team play. When they get the chance to sell their tickets for alot of money, they do it because they just don't have that tight a connection to the team, and thus, don't care.

It should make you feel better thinking of just how much those cheesepackers paid for some of those tickets, and the chance to watch that beautiful 56 yard kick sail through the uprights! PRICELESS!

VKG4LFE
10-24-2005, 10:04 PM
That is pretty sad when fans do that stuff. I could understand the bags if we were on our tenth consecutive horrible season, but that isn't the case! I guess, each is entitled to their own though!

RandyMoss8404
10-24-2005, 10:06 PM
There's never been a thread like this before, ever, in the history of PP.org.

Where does your inspiration come from? :-P

stjmnsota
10-24-2005, 10:52 PM
I think it is good for fans to express their distaste for the vikings actions. If they weren't real fans, they wouldn't even be at the game. I myself, have always been a Vikings fan and always will be unless they move them out of State. But I am disgusted by the way the organization, year after year, fails to make improvements.

The Vikes have as much talent as any team out there. But it always seems like they will screw up something. i.e. Herschel Walker trade. Bad, bad move. Worse yet, when they got HW, they failed to exploit his strengths. Thus, an even bigger bust. This is a guy they were willing to trade away their future for, then don't use him correctly. Duh.

Jump forward to more recent days. We develope decent defensive players, then let them go to another team where the are solid starters. On good defenses.

Randy Moss. Trade Moss for a linebacker we've never heard of and a couple of draft picks. Ok, number seven I can live with. Then they pick a receiver not many heard much about. On top of that, hardly use him. My idea of first rounders is to make them starters right away..

Go back a couple seasons of drafts. Underwood to name one. Bennett. Must I go on? I am not sure of Culpepper yet, never have been. We have done as well with back up QBs over the years.

Then let's take on the off field embarrassments over the years and recently.

Even though I and many Vikes fans will never leave, we do have the right and responsibility to express our distaste, as well as, pride to the organization. After all, we are the customers here. We are the ones paying the money to see the Vikes. And now we are writing the complaint department that we aren't getting the service we pay for. And the problem isn't just with the players, it starts at the top and works its way down.

And no, I was not one of the fans wearing a bag over my head, but appreciate that they had the balls to let the organization know how they feel.

ultravikingfan
10-24-2005, 11:17 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

There's never been a thread like this before, ever, in the history of PP.org.

Where does your inspiration come from? :-P

Hahaa! 8404 to give this thread a boot in the groin! :lol:

DEVIKINGFAN!
10-24-2005, 11:32 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Good to hear! I will look forward to seeing other fans wearing the proper purple at the game! The only purple! Where are ya from?

Delaware....... 4 of us will be in section 112