PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Truth? Or Excuse?

akvikefan89
10-24-2005, 06:01 AM
"Foul ball"

With 7:52 remaining in the second quarter, quarterback Daunte Culpepper lined up for a fourth-and-1 play at the Green Bay 35. Offensive coordinator Steve Loney called an old Culpepper standby, the quarterback dive behind center.

Culpepper, however, never got the ball from center Melvin Fowler. It slipped through his hands and to the 39-yard line, where receiver Nate Burleson recovered it.

According to Tice, game officials had inserted a "K-Ball" into the game for that play, mistakenly believing the Vikings were about to attempt a field goal. "K-Balls" are slippery and supposed to be used only for kicks...

~StarTribune~

Hmmmm.... Interesting...

collegeguyjeff
10-24-2005, 06:04 AM
ofcourse it was rigged

gregair13
10-24-2005, 06:05 AM
who cares. we won.

Deronn
10-24-2005, 06:06 AM
I bet the ref's have been giving us K-balls all season. :grin:

That would explain the fumbles, interceptions, etc we have seen all season long!

akvikefan89
10-24-2005, 06:09 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

who cares. we won.

It would be reassuring to know that it wasn't Culpepper being clumsy, or our starting center being an oaf :lol:

UTVikfan
10-24-2005, 06:18 AM
Actually, akvike that should be expected from a new center/QB team. Just like that arching shotgun snap. I mean, arch like that, it had to be a three pointer. Like Tice said, that is the first time in his career he hasn't gotten one of those 4 & 1's. Bet we don't see it again.

Caine
10-24-2005, 06:19 AM
If taht were true, they should fine the refs for not realizing that we had no one on the field to kick.

Either way, it ended well, and as Packer fans have been telling us for 3 years, that's all that matters.

Caine

ejmat
10-24-2005, 06:24 AM
It's so nice to beat the cheeseheads

C-PepNSalt
10-24-2005, 06:24 AM
i'd doubt it was a k-ball, just blame it on clumsiness! They'll get're fixed i hope!

ultravikingfan
10-24-2005, 12:46 PM
If we would've lost, then the game was rigged! :lol:

singersp
10-24-2005, 01:43 PM
If we would have lost the game, because of that play, I might be inclined to say "excuse".

But because we won & that play was a moot point in the outcome, I must go with "truth". Refs have been known to make mistakes.

Aren't K-balls used only on kick-offs?

V4L
10-24-2005, 02:42 PM
HAHA.. If I had a slippery ball I wouldn't have even snapped it.. But oh well.. WE WON!

VKG4LFE
10-24-2005, 04:08 PM
If the K-balls are more slippery I guess I have to give even more credit to the holders than I ever did before! Thank you Brad Johnson for picking up that low snap! And thank you Chicago Bears for CUTTING Edinger!! lol

COJOMAY
10-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I heard it was snapped too early and Culpepper wasn't ready. I think Cpep said that in his press conference.

snowinapril
10-24-2005, 04:49 PM
"Deronn" wrote:

I bet the ref's have been giving us K-balls all season. :grin:

That would explain the fumbles, interceptions, etc we have seen all season long!

It must have been a KY-ball

CynicalVike
10-24-2005, 05:10 PM
I'd have to think if it was a K-ball, that it would be the center's responsibility to see that and ask for a different ball before starting the play. The K balls have to marked as such so they don't get used during regular play. Fowler should have seen that and asked for a new ball.

snowinapril
10-24-2005, 05:24 PM
"CynicalVike" wrote:

I'd have to think if it was a K-ball, that it would be the center's responsibility to see that and ask for a different ball before starting the play. The K balls have to marked as such so they don't get used during regular play. Fowler should have seen that and asked for a new ball.

You would think that Fowler could feel the difference.

Never liked the K ball. It was made differently to keep kickers from being able to kick as good so coaches would want to play more offense. It was a BS idea. Make an unfair advantage for the kicker. It is not worth the time and effort to change the balls like that. They should just go back to how it was.