PDA

View Full Version : What's Smoot pouting for?

mnpackerbacker
10-21-2005, 09:16 PM
From the Star Tribune today

Smoot said he will not speak to the Twin Cities media for the remainder of his career with the Vikings. "Build me up, tear me down," he said. "How long is my contract here? [Six] years? It will probably be that long before I talk to the media again."

Why is he so bent out of shape? It's been pretty clear in media reports that HE is the one that booked and paid for one of the boats. So why is he angry at the media? Shouldn't he be angery at himself?

StillPurple
10-21-2005, 09:24 PM
I need to have Smoot makes some stops on defense. To be honest, I don't care if I ever hear a single word out of his mouth for the rest of my life. I want him to cover and tackle.

audioghost
10-21-2005, 09:26 PM
No, both boats were under Johnstone's name, and Smoot paid for them....he didn't "orginize" the sex boat thing, and nobody has proven he has....however, I see why he is mad...they straight up blamed it on him, but I don't see why he won't talk....I think he'd wanna clear his name after the investigation shows what really happened...

mrviking28
10-21-2005, 09:28 PM
He'll get over it when they start winning games.

vikeU2
10-21-2005, 09:41 PM
It's gonna be nice when all of these player's (on the boat or off) finally put together a great game and tie a can of whoop a$$ to the Packers. Smoot will wanna talk about his great coverage and his INT return for a touchdown. The rest of the Vikings will welcome the media to the locker room to brag about how they "owned" Brett Favre and the Packer offense. They're gonna want to talk about their touchdowns, their fumble recoveries and how they are back on track!
It's gonna be wonderful and Fred will want to brag about it!

michaelmazid
10-21-2005, 10:11 PM
in the first 5 games of this season, I have not seen anything from smoot that has impressed me.

1. I thought that smoot was a great run stopper and came up to tackle. I haven't seen him stop any RB's yet.

2. I thought that he was a real energetic player who other players feed off. I haven't see that either.

snowinapril
10-21-2005, 10:29 PM
He does have a right to be upset, but he is going a little bit overboard.

I am sure when he paid for the boats, he didn't expect that things would get out of hand.

You people keep forgetting that this was suppose to be innocent fun, guy fun and we have been told that it got out of hand.

Ltrey33
10-21-2005, 10:35 PM
NO MORE BOAT THREADS!!!

V4L
10-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Yah im sick of these boat threads as well.. Although I see where Smoot is coming from.. I would be upset too

mnjamie
10-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Nobody knows sh!t till any / all possible charges are filed ... So get over it and let it go till then. As nobody knows anything.

Prophet
10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
"mnpackerbacker" wrote:

Smoot said he will not speak to the Twin Cities media for the remainder of his career with the Vikings. "Build me up, tear me down," he said. "How long is my contract here? [Six] years? It will probably be that long before I talk to the media again."

Why is he so bent out of shape? It's been pretty clear in media reports that HE is the one that booked and paid for one of the boats. So why is he angry at the media? Shouldn't he be angery at himself?

He's just angry that he paid all that coin and didn't get any action. I heard he woke up next to Culpepper and demanded a refund.

StillPurple
10-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Players in the NFL should do their "talking" on the field. That is all that matters. What do I care what Smoot says ?

My only question to Smoot might be: "what the hell were you guys doing on that first play in the Bengals game ?". :roll:

CanadaViking
10-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Wa!!! Give me a break, if there weren't fans there would be NO media, and if there were no fans, these guys wouldn't make a kagillion dollars playing a game.

I love the Vikings emblem on the jersey, not the really the names on the back of the jerseys and I just feel like the Vikings have too many selfish, arrogant, and unappreciative players right now!

Act like adults already, I feel for the guys in the locker room that still care, unfortunately I think some guys in there do not care!!!

Cheers!! I guess

michaelmazid
10-22-2005, 12:32 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"mnpackerbacker" wrote:

He's just angry that he paid all that coin and didn't get any action. I heard he woke up next to Culpepper and demanded a refund.

:lol: