PDA

View Full Version : Goin to my first Vikings game at the dome.

EynonPower
10-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Title says it all. I'm flying out to you guys from PA. It will be my first time out in Minnesota, let alone seeing a game at the Metradome. I've liked the Vikings my whole life, and while i'm sick to my stomach at their performance this year, i'm pumped up to go watch the game this sunday.

I just had a few questions....

1) What chants am I going to need to know(besides Skol Vikings)?

2) I'm going out on Saturday, flying back Monday. Where is a good place to go Saturday night and Sunday night? I'm 24 if that helps. I'd rather goto a sports bar or a place with a live band/acustic music over a club.

3) What can I expect?

4) Whats a good time to start tailgating? Whats a good time to go in and check the place out?

5) Recommendations?

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 10:56 PM
1. I think Skol is all you'll need to know.

2. I don't know much about Minneapolis, but Tom Reid's in St. Paul by the Excel Energy center is a great sportsbar.

3. You can expect a win and a lot of loudness in the dome.

4. It is never too early to start tailgating, I would get there by 8 if I was you.

5. Have fun!!

singersp
10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
If you already know SKOL Vikings (the words are also on the Megatron) the only other chant you need to know for this game is "Packers SUCK!

The metrodome is loud & you'll enjoy the experience.

Tailgate early!

There is also a band that plays outside of the dome & there is various concession stands set up.

Sometimes retired veteran players are there signing autographs at a booth.

You can also check out Dome Plus, which is a souvenier store a couple of blocks from the dome.

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Dome plus is a great store. I buy stuff from them all the time online. They get the stuff to me really fast and they have really good sales going every week/month!

ultravikingfan
10-20-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/signs/252.gif

Have fun brother! Its a blast!!!

Give the Vikings some love from PP.O!

CanadaViking
10-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Congratultions man, it is one of the best experiences I have ever had in my sports watching career. I go down atleast twice a year from up here in the real "Frozen Tundra"of Winnipeg in Canada! I was a huge fan before I ever went to a game, but after being for the past 5 years, I have started an obsession that I cannot control!!LOL

As far as going out on Saturday night, my buddies and I always got to The Drink, its a club downtown, however for the home opener this year we went to this lounge type bar called The Brit, it was awesome and if it isn't too cold there is a rooftop patio, with lawn bowling, that is fantastic!!

As for Sunday night it really depends on the out come of the game, if you win it is fantastic, you will be so pumped you might end up so sauced it doesn't matter anyway!!

Actually the only saving grace for me this year was, I was sitting in the lobby of my hotel pouting about the loss, when I saw 4 people get out of a Lincoln Town car all wearing #24 Bucs jerseys. So I asked why they were there, and they said because they were family of Cadillac Williams, to make a long story short, it was Caddys Mom, 2 aunts and an Uncle, it was really cool to talk to them and I got a picture with them. The uncle even knew where Winnipeg was, super cool consolation prize to the win. To add a little to the story I have Cadillac in fantasy and his Mom thought that was pretty cool.

Sorry to ramble on, but you are in for a treat, especially since it is the Packers!! Have a great time!!!

Cheers!

SKOL
10-20-2005, 11:29 PM
I'll be there with my brother and my son. Our plan is to tailgate at Rapid Park. I'll look for Webby's goalposts as my beacon to PPOer's. I'd assume I'll find Cajun's gumbo at that spot. BTW, Cajun has the seat next to me at the game..., it'll be sweet.

I also expect to not be able to talk for about a week after the game.

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 11:32 PM
That sounds like a good expectation to me skol, not being able to talk for a week! You know it was a good game when you come out not being able to talk!!

Articnv
10-20-2005, 11:38 PM
My sugestion if your prone to migraines earplugs help alot.

And when exiting the stadium be carfeuul. It will be nice suprise for u.

BNut its agreat time u just need to now skol vikings packers suc defnse and every palyers last name to anounce when they coem out.

Webby
10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
We'll be tailgating at Rapid Park (official tailgating lot behind target center)....starting at around 8 AM. We will have a 10 foot PURPLEPRIDE.ORG banner on my Tahoe, and Cajun, myself, Neum, WBL, Mrs Webby, and a host of others, VKG!!!, will be partying.

JOIN US!

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm going to try to make it, but no guarantees! I'm gonna have to get away from the girlfriend if I do come. Is that lot right off the freeway from the target center?

Webby
10-20-2005, 11:44 PM
yes. VKG, you WILL be there! The cajun, and now Webby, have spoken.

Just tell her its a Viking fan obligation, and you would understand if it was her at GB.

heheh

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
We'll see, we'll see. If I do go I'd probably get there right at 8 o'clock or so. How much is parking? I would have to leave by about 10 or so.

ultravikingfan
10-20-2005, 11:48 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

We'll be tailgating at Rapid Park (official tailgating lot behind target center)....starting at around 8 AM. We will have a 10 foot PURPLEPRIDE.ORG banner on my Tahoe, and Cajun, myself, Neum, WBL, Mrs Webby, and a host of others, VKG!!!, will be partying.

JOIN US!

Careful with that banner, your Tahoe might not be sturdy enough to support that weight! http://forums.dfwmiata.com/images/smilies/bicycle.gif

SKOL
10-20-2005, 11:49 PM
VKG bring her along. She'll find Vikes fans are not all bad.

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Are you talkin' smack about chevy's??! I will whoop you!! lol

Oh, webby I need directions from the burnsville area to rapid park parking lot too. In case I can make it.

Webby
10-20-2005, 11:52 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

JOIN US!

Careful with that banner, your Tahoe might not be sturdy enough to support that weight! http://forums.dfwmiata.com/images/smilies/bicycle.gif

Sturdy enough to pull your broken down C out of the ditch. Even with a squad of strippers in the back.

They weigh alot with all that silicone you know.

ultravikingfan
10-20-2005, 11:53 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Oh, webby I need directions from the burnsville area to rapid park parking lot too. In case I can make it.

Nope, I own a GMC truck.

Just razzing webby from an earlier thread about his "yuppie mobile"! :razz:

Webby
10-20-2005, 11:53 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

35W North to downtown 5th Ave exit I suppose. Take that to 7th street left, go to the back of the Target center, take a right. Go under the ramp, take left at lights. Take left at next lights. Rapid park is on the right.

That's from memory. You have my cell.

EynonPower
10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Sounds great! I can't wait to go! And yes, when they win Sunday, i'm going to be drunk out of my mind! Asside from the game, I can't wait to hear the Viking horn blow in the stadium!

I live a little north of Philly, and went to the Vikings Eagles monday night game last year. Asside from the whole section I was in chanting "Asshole" at me, it was a great time.....well.....and the loss. Other than that, they tought me some new curse words and insults i've never heard before in my life.

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 11:58 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

35W North to downtown 5th Ave exit I suppose. Take that to 7th street left, go to the back of the Target center, take a right. Go under the ramp, take left at lights. Take left at next lights. Rapid park is on the right.

That's from memory. You have my cell.

Sounds good. I don't have your cell?? Do I??

SoCaliFans
10-20-2005, 11:58 PM
You guys have me so pumped for this, as if I wasn't already. First time for us too. Only time I've been in the Dome was for the Twins back in 91 or something and IT WAS SO LOUD!!! In a good way. Best game I was at, so now to be at a Vikings game, I'm beside myself.

Is anyone other than BleedPurple going to the Washington lot?

Ya know hearing this talk about The Target Center, I believe my mil was raised in a house that used to be there... Wierd. :???:

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 12:00 AM
You're gonna love it! That place will be rockin' and it will be packed. Unfortunately there will be a few too many cheesedicks there, but they will be fun to laugh at.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-21-2005, 12:02 AM
This is my first vikes game too. I am flying up with my family on friday and we would like to try and tailgate. Can everyone say what their seats are so that I know if I am anywhere near them? Ours are somewhere around the 20 yard line on the 2nd row. Are these good for the dome? Man I am so psyched.

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 12:05 AM
2nd row, 20 yard line, how did you score those tickets?? Personally I like sitting up a little higher and more towards/in the endzone because I like to see the holes open up and stuff. Have fun!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-21-2005, 12:06 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

2nd row, 20 yard line, how did you score those tickets?? Personally I like sitting up a little higher and more towards/in the endzone because I like to see the holes open up and stuff. Have fun!

Ebay. Me and my dad had to bid down to the last minute but we got 'em!

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Ah, good ol' ebay. I don't know if I would trust someone to actually send me the tix!

SKOL
10-21-2005, 12:11 AM
I've never tailgated at Rapid, what's the deal with light rail, and parking? I understand it's $20, and transportation is provided..., I'd assume just for one person though, right? Do the rest of us need to purchase a ride, and if so, where? About how long before game-time is a good time to leave for the dome? (Sorry, but I'm anal about planning / knowing in advance).

PurplePeopleEaters
10-21-2005, 12:14 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Ah, good ol' ebay. I don't know if I would trust someone to actually send me the tix!

We got the tix so we are good. I ordered an authentic Culpepper jersey off of there for $60.00 and it took forever. I waited for 2 months when it was supposed to be two day shipping. I e-mailed them constantly and they never responded. Finally they sent it while I was on vacation.

It had me really scared because I thought for sure it was a scam. They kept transferring me to different people and different e-mail adresses... oh well. I have it now!

Webby
10-21-2005, 12:15 AM
yeah, its $20 for the car, and everyone I guess can just hop the light rail for the quick jaunt to the dome. First time there for us there too. Just decided to do it there since so many folks come to this game and don't want to be wedged and out of space like the other lots.

I leave at about 11:15-11:30 to get to the dome by kickoff...takes awhile to get to your seats....

SKOL
10-21-2005, 12:15 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Suppsedly the transactions are guaranteed through Pay-pal. They put the money back into your account if you don't receive the merchandise. I've only had one bad experience..., the crook canceled his email and his checking account after the transaction, so Pay-pal had no way to get my money back. Some "guarantee", huh?

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I just don't like spending much on ebay. I have never lost anything in over 100 transactions. The most I've ever spent though is 60 bucks and that was to enlvikeman for his jersey. I just don't trust people enough I guess.

singersp
10-21-2005, 12:22 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I've bought well over 100 sets of tickets for Vikings games, never been screwed once. Even when I had to meet the person to get them.

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm not saying that it happens all the time, I personally just can't afford to lose money and the risk is just too high to me to spend a good chunk of change on an ebay transaction. I think I'm just too careful!

SoCaliFans
10-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Got our tix on eBay as well from a wonderful seller, awesome feedback. I couldn't decide where to sit, knowing that higher up you have more view, but I opted for front row around the 5th yard line. 106 to be exact. Anyone near us?

singersp
10-21-2005, 12:30 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah, I just don't like spending much on ebay. I have never lost anything in over 100 transactions. The most I've ever spent though is 60 bucks and that was to enlvikeman for his jersey. I just don't trust people enough I guess.

I have 752 eBay transactions with the most expensive being $350.00. I've only been screwed twice but that was small dollar stuff. One Vikings truck was broken upon arrival & the other was a 6ft rattlesnake that was only 4ft when I got it.

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 12:31 AM
A live rattlesnake??

singersp
10-21-2005, 02:58 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

A live rattlesnake??

No. Frozen whole. You can't sell live pets on eBay I believe. Except for aquarium critters.

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 03:03 AM
Frozen whole? I'm still confused?? So it's still alive, it's just frozen, or is it like a stuffed rattlesnake?? HELP!!

CanadaViking
10-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jealous!!!!!!!!!!

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 03:30 AM
Wow, I am completely lost now canada!!

singersp
10-21-2005, 04:45 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Frozen whole? I'm still confused?? So it's still alive, it's just frozen, or is it like a stuffed rattlesnake?? HELP!!

Yes, dead! Webby said for everyone to be nice so I won't bring up the "Here's your sign thing". :lol: They're shipped dead, frozen & in tact, guts & all. They're for taxidermy purposes. They typically don't "stuff" them anymore. Reptiles are now "freeze-dried" instead. They retain their natural shape (they don't shrink-up like a raisin) in the mounting position they are freeze-dried in. Typically in a striking position, fangs out.

DarrinNelsonguy
10-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Congrats on going to the game. I also have used ebay quite a lot and I only had one bad transaction and it was for a small dollar amount.

singersp
10-21-2005, 05:14 AM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

Got our tix on eBay as well from a wonderful seller, awesome feedback. I couldn't decide where to sit, knowing that higher up you have more view, but I opted for front row around the 5th yard line. 106 to be exact. Anyone near us?

Not I, but you will have the cheerleaders right in front of you!

audioghost
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
"EynonPower" wrote:

Title says it all. I'm flying out to you guys from PA. It will be my first time out in Minnesota, let alone seeing a game at the Metradome. I've liked the Vikings my whole life, and while i'm sick to my stomach at their performance this year, i'm pumped up to go watch the game this sunday.

I just had a few questions....

1) What chants am I going to need to know(besides Skol Vikings)?

2) I'm going out on Saturday, flying back Monday. Where is a good place to go Saturday night and Sunday night? I'm 24 if that helps. I'd rather goto a sports bar or a place with a live band/acustic music over a club.

3) What can I expect?

4) Whats a good time to start tailgating? Whats a good time to go in and check the place out?

5) Recommendations?

You can expect the noise in the dome to blow your mind....only thing I will miss when we get a new stadium is that the noise won't all be kept inside, it is crazy!!! If your in an upper deck seat, expect to see ants....so bring binoculars!!! Expect Ragnar to be a crazy mofo riding around on a Motorcycle with that crazy Dinosaur on the snow mobile....it is an experience man!!!

I recommend you go see the Mall of America, its huge....it'll blow your mind....

As for bars, hit up Benchwarmer Bobs, the place is sweet, owned by former player Bob Lurtsema (same guy who owns Vikingupdate) and it is totally dedicated to the Vikes....HOPE THAT HELPS

singersp
10-21-2005, 01:58 PM
We were at Benchwarmer Bob's when we were up for the Saints game! Nice place & good food.

The noise is loud at the dome, but it's never bothered me.

I also never used binoculars. I think the view isn't that bad even up high in the upper deck, if your on the sidelines.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
I think I will be OK with the noise considering I went to see system of a down live. :lol:

singersp
10-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Sorry, posted a reply in the wrong thread.

CanadaViking
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I am super jealous that I will be watching the game on the TV and am not going to be there live!!

I am considering making a trip on Saturday to the TC to go to the game without tickets, but if I do that there are no guarantees I'll get a seat, so I have to weight he risk vs. reward.

Anyone know haw bad a scalper will hose me and availability? And when I say scalper I do not mean Tice!! LOL

Cheers!

Webby
10-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Canada Viking...call Steve at Club Tix. www.clubtix.com

He can hook you up at face value.....if he has any. This is the hardest gameof the year and he usually doesn't have many left in stock. Tell him I sent you.

singersp
10-21-2005, 08:07 PM
"CanadaViking" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I am super jealous that I will be watching the game on the TV and am not going to be there live!!

I am considering making a trip on Saturday to the TC to go to the game without tickets, but if I do that there are no guarantees I'll get a seat, so I have to weight he risk vs. reward.

Anyone know haw bad a scalper will hose me and availability? And when I say scalper I do not mean Tice!! LOL

Cheers!

How many tix are you looking for CanadaViking?

SoCaliFans
10-21-2005, 08:26 PM
"CanadaViking" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Cheers!

Do it! Do it! Do it! This is the game to go to, do it! and one more time, do it!

wv__viking__fan
10-22-2005, 12:54 AM
All I can tell you is just wait. There is nothing like it. I made my first trip last year. I'll be there this Sunday as well. Last year before the opening kick off. The music was playing, the fans were up and waving towels, the place was rocking. I looked at my wife and said, "I don't know if I'm going to cry or piss myself." That's how excited I was and will be again.

Enjoy. I know I will.

Skol Vikings!

singersp
10-22-2005, 01:24 AM
"wv__viking__fan" wrote:

All I can tell you is just wait. There is nothing like it. I made my first trip last year. I'll be there this Sunday as well. Last year before the opening kick off. The music was playing, the fans were up and waving towels, the place was rocking. I looked at my wife and said, "I don't know if I'm going to cry or piss myself." That's how excited I was and will be again.

Enjoy. I know I will.

Skol Vikings!

Hopefully, a lot of cheesdicks will crying & pissing themselves when we score TD's right & left! :lol: