PDA

View Full Version : Matt Birk quote, and a goodie....

Muggsy
10-20-2005, 05:53 AM
This is from an ESPN article, recently posted. You can read the whole article here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2197320
=================================================

On Monday, St. Paul Pioneer Press columnist Bob Sansevere cornered injured center Matt Birk for a one-on-one interview.

Birk, a cerebral Harvard man, observed, "We put the fun in dysfunctional, don't we?"

=================================================
That we do, Matt, that we do.....

snowinapril
10-20-2005, 05:57 AM
I heard a quote on sportcenter that went something like this, from Birk.

"I am sick of other players acting out and then clamming up. Then I get to be the spokes person and I am not even part of it."

Paraphrased of course.

audioghost
10-20-2005, 06:33 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I heard a quote on sportcenter that went something like this, from Birk.

"I am sick of other players acting out and then clamming up. Then I get to be the spokes person and I am not even part of it."

Paraphrased of course.

Exactly! My view on Birk is: Your an offensive lineman! Shut your yap, especially when ppl act up....the team doesn't need a team spokesman, and if they did....they'd HIRE ONE!!!! I like Birk as a player, but the guy needs to know when to keep his mouth shut....

mnvikes61
10-20-2005, 06:36 AM
i think Birk is the only verbal leader we have as a player, and we need that. we need somebody who will stand up to another player and say this was messed up and everything so the player doesn't think he's above the team and can get away with everything.

akvikefan89
10-20-2005, 06:40 AM
Teams need leaders, he needs to be careful though and not try to be too goodie goodie... that just causes seperation between the players.

ItalianStallion
10-20-2005, 07:05 AM
Birk is smart and funny in my opinion. I remember when he was miked up against Indy last year, his clips were hilarious. He seems like the only person on our team without a spotty record.

He is more of a leader than Daunte is at least.