PDA

View Full Version : Vikings will finish 12-4 this season

DaunteHOF
10-19-2005, 03:50 PM
That was my prediction and I can still be right...

DEEP PURPLE
10-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the Vikings, and I think it is great you have such a positive outlook, but realistically, your high!!

DaunteHOF
10-19-2005, 04:08 PM
that was my prediction before the season and it can still happen...

CanadaViking
10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Man you seem like a very smart person, does it make you feel good that the Vikes are struggling? What kind of post is this, are you not a Vikings fan or what. I for one am getting sick of these stpupid posts, why not post something with some value?

You are right that it could happen, and you know what else could happen, they could finish at 12-4. What is the point of this thread? It seems to me that I am a Viking fan not a hater, so why don't you just get another team, I am at my wits end with these stupid posts and predictions!

Does this make you feel good about yourself?

Sorry to offend any fair wheather fans, but really, who needs all of the negative, not me, and not the REAL fans on this fabuluos web-site!

No Cheers for you!!!!

DaunteHOF
10-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Honestly everything that can go wrong with the season HAS gone wrong, I'm just trying to keep some hope alive. You guys went from calling my boy Daunte culpepper MVP to saying he should be benched. You guys really just turned on the team in a negative way and I'm trying to stay positive, SORRY IF I TRY TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHTER SIDE AND HAVE SO DAMN HOPE!!!!!

Del Rio
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
We could go 12-4 you are correct!

I hope we do. I'm feeling more along the lines of 9-7 or 10-6 but yeah 12-4 wouldn't be too shabby!!!!!

CanadaViking
10-19-2005, 04:21 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Honestly everything that can go wrong with the season HAS gone wrong, I'm just trying to keep some hope alive. You guys went from calling my boy Daunte culpepper MVP to saying he should be benched. You guys really just turned on the team in a negative way and I'm trying to stay positive, SORRY IF I TRY TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHTER SIDE AND HAVE SO gol 'darnit HOPE!!!!!

DanteHOF, I apologize terribly for my post I am a dummy in the morning and I am also very dislexic(sp?), I am trying to stay positive as well. I am trying so hard that I blast someone for NO reason, I am really soory man, this whole thing has taken a lot out of me as well, obviously!

I will go with your prediction as well, because you are absolutely right, it could happen so why fret on the losses. Again I just want to say sorry I jumped before I even checked to see if there was any water. I need a huge coffee, pronto!!!!

Cheers! from you dislexic Canadian Viking fan!!!!!

VegasLadyJae
10-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Total optimism is 11-5, 12-4 is extreme.......Oh I hope, I really hope!!!!! I just have one thing to say Tice,Tice,Tice.........

6-KINGS
10-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I am done predicting.
But I will play Mega Millions tonight.
2nd highest U.S. jackpot ever.
If I win.....................RICH!!!!!
Then I can buy that 1995 Ford Taurus I have always wanted, and help those poor pygmies Del Rio is always blessing.
They have those big pot bellies, I will buy all of them an "Abdominizer" and some fly swatters.

Livin' large, Livin' Large

mrviking28
10-19-2005, 04:40 PM
At this point I would just shoot for the playoffs. Heck in the NFC North we could go 7-9 and win the division.

Del Rio
10-19-2005, 04:41 PM
If you win can I have a loan? My truck needs some gas.

Hey I used up all my luck already so no use putting in for it. I had my car ripped apart and put back together by Military police yesterday doing random inspections. Oh and I won a breakfast sammich last weekend.

carta4eva
10-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I haven't came on this site on a while but have some faith Vikings fans cause we made a move that could potentially solve our offensive line woes. Now if we can get the win on sunday, then the following week pull an upset in Carolina, I know that we will be no worse than first place in our division! Now who cares how we started, we saw the last two seasons that it is truely not how you start it is how you finish!!!!! Go Vikes!

tampaviking
10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
i would love to see 12-4, the love boat will be talked about like the boost they needed.

snowinapril
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
"carta4eva" wrote:

I haven't came on this site on a while but have some faith Vikings fans cause we made a move that could potentially solve our offensive line woes. Now if we can get the win on sunday, then the following week pull an upset in Carolina, I know that we will be no worse than first place in our division! Now who cares how we started, we saw the last two seasons that it is truely not how you start it is how you finish!!!!! Go Vikes!

I haven't heard that one in a while, I am glad someone said it.

It is how strong we are playing heading into the playoffs.

Playoffs, Playoffs, did he say Playoffs. We are just trying to win a game. I think that was something Mora senior might have said.

Vikesfreak81
10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
I would love to see them just finish 10-6, that would be a playoff birth forsure. 10-6 is managable seeing maybe 2 losses 1 to Carolina and 1 to Pitts.

gregair13
10-19-2005, 05:57 PM
my oringal plan was 14-2. but that now impossible. now my plan is 10-6. we beat the packers, and then lose the the next 2 games till the giants. we beat the giants, and then win out, giving us 10 wins and the division.

snowinapril
10-19-2005, 06:04 PM
"Vikesfreak81" wrote:

I would love to see them just finish 10-6, that would be a playoff birth forsure. 10-6 is managable seeing maybe 2 losses 1 to Carolina and 1 to Pitts.

A team doesn't win unless they are consistant. We REALISTICALLY need to worry more about being consistant (in the manner of playing like winners) from game to game than winning.

Last week, we put together two consistant quarters in the first half. We have to work on 3 or 4 quarters of consistant play this week. I know that everyone wants to beat the Pack and it is an important game, but I would be happy with some consistancy first.

A win doesn't mean much other than an accident if you are not playing well. If accidents happened every week, they wouldn't be called accidents.

I think this thread is expecting us to RUN b4 we have learned how to WALK. It is optimistic a all heck but it isn't realistic.

The common thread here is that we all want to see our team win all of us have different expectations.

6-KINGS
10-19-2005, 06:17 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

If you win can I have a loan? My truck needs some gas.

Hey I used up all my luck already so no use putting in for it. I had my car ripped apart and put back together by Military police yesterday doing random inspections. Oh and I won a breakfast sammich last weekend.

Buddy I f I win I will give you..........
1 million dollars............

As for the military cops.

your employed for the skunk works.
I know.............

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Wow. A whole new thread just for this? :???:

Del Rio
10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Vikesfreak81" wrote:

A team doesn't win unless they are consistant. We REALISTICALLY need to worry more about being consistant (in the manner of playing like winners) from game to game than winning.

Last week, we put together two consistant quarters in the first half. We have to work on 3 or 4 quarters of consistant play this week. I know that everyone wants to beat the Pack and it is an important game, but I would be happy with some consistancy first.

A win doesn't mean much other than an accident if you are not playing well. If accidents happened every week, they wouldn't be called accidents.

I think this thread is expecting us to RUN b4 we have learned how to WALK. It is optimistic a all heck but it isn't realistic.

The common thread here is that we all want to see our team win all of us have different expectations.

I agree completely. That is what I am seeing as well.

If I had to summarize what I believe is the problems and where we are heading I would say something like this:

Our team was riding off past expectations. They knew they were good, and we added better talent so we should be even better right. So they took it for granted. They got stung week one. Week two was bad too.
I think they realized hey we need to work for this.

That's why I was optimistic about last game we played 1/2 a really good game. Baby steps.

Mr. Purple
10-19-2005, 07:02 PM
The way this team is playing right now, we cant really look ahead and say we'll finish at this or that. The vikings team that showed up against the saints is the team I know we have. At this point in the season its basicaly take it one game at a time. We are lucky to have a weak divison, but sometimes I wish we didnt. I dont like to win bye excuses or defult, I like to earn it. To me going into the playoffs lets say at 7-9 wouldnt feel right, I'd take it...but it wouldnt feel right. So now I just say hey, lets beat the pack and then we'll see how we're sitting.

SKOL!

PurpleTide
10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Let's just take it 1 game at a time. We have to win all our home games and find a way to win on the road.... Right now 9 or 10 wins would be excellant. We can still fight our way out of these doldrums. Let's go Vikings.

Ltrey33
10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
We're going to run the table from here on out! 11-0 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs and BAM! SUPER BOWL!!!

snowinapril
10-19-2005, 07:18 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

The way this team is playing right now, we cant really look ahead and say we'll finish at this or that. The vikings team that showed up against the saints is the team I know we have. At this point in the season its basicaly take it one game at a time. We are lucky to have a weak divison, but sometimes I wish we didnt. I dont like to win bye excuses or defult, I like to earn it. To me going into the playoffs lets say at 7-9 wouldnt feel right, I'd take it...but it wouldnt feel right. So now I just say hey, lets beat the pack and then we'll see how we're sitting.

SKOL!

Not being a pessimist (just a pest or a realist), but I don't know if the team that showed up against the Saints was any better than the team that played against the Bears. IMO in both games, we only played one half of football, both in the first half. We should have stomped the Saints into the turf. The main difference was that the Bears played a lot better on D than the Saints and kept us out of the endzone.

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Wow, at this point that is very optimistic but I hope you're right!

WBLVikeBabe
10-19-2005, 08:02 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

We're going to run the table from here on out! 11-0 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs and BAM! SUPER BOWL!!!

haha Ltrey that's some very wishful thinking there!

StillPurple
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I see the Vikings finishing like 6-10 this year. I think that despite the terrible coaching, the horrific execution, lack of focus, and off-field issues (party boat), there is still enough talent on this team (Culpepper, Mewelde, Wiggins, Burleson, Williamson, Kevin Williams, Sharper, Chavous, Winfield, Smoot) that we can still win some games at home. This team is really hopeless on the road, and I expect us to lose every away game this year. But I see us being like 5-3 at home.

Tice still has to go...

SWAYZE74
10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
12-4...thats asking alot from this team...we'll have to go 7-4 to finish .500 this year...ill take .500 at this point...

peace...

SharperVikings
10-20-2005, 03:10 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

We could go 12-4 you are correct!

I hope we do. I'm feeling more along the lines of 9-7 or 10-6 but yeah 12-4 wouldn't be too shabby!!!!!
I am thinkin along the same lines, but i wouldnt feel too bad if we did end up 12-4, which is definately possible if we get back to winning football! I would rather have the downfall at the beginning of the season, and come back middle season, then have a mid season slide like the last two years!

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Ya snowinapril I agree, I really honestly thought we would win the bears game. We played better, fewer mistakes, ball controll, usualy when that happens the better team wins. However we didnt. the differnce in the saints game is our defense made huge plays to stop the saints resurgence. in the bears game EJ's Td called back, and chavous INT really came too little to late. But I do agree the vikings played good against the bears and like Del Rio said, the game was alot differnt then the actual score. SKOL!

Deronn
10-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, right?

Ok, you've all talked me in to it. But I'll go with Del Rio and say 9-7 with losses to Carolina, Pittsburg and the Giants (they always seem to have our number, don't they!)

I've got my fingers crossed!!