PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the Vikings/Packers game this Sunday?

singersp
10-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Webby was going to start this thread, but it's already Wednesday & one hadn't been started yet.

Of course I will be there with my daughter Viking_Queen & her boyfriend plus two others. WBL might be the receipient of one of those tix (since she's a HOF now) & I should know that by tomorrow night.

I know others are going, so get your names in here.

Am I correct in assuming there will be tailgaiting at the usual spot?

Bleedspurple
10-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Will be there like every Sunday. I think we will win this game. Sure would be a big morale boost.

countrygirl
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I'll be there in the Rapid lot. Go vikes!!

bleedpurple27
10-19-2005, 05:37 PM
We'll be there on Sunday my wife and I along with 3 of our friends.maybe a few more....but we tailgate closer to to the dome....1 block north of Washington ave.

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 07:35 PM
I'll be in the cities this weekend but I can't make it to the game! I'll hit up at least one home game sometime this year though!

bleedpurple27
10-19-2005, 07:37 PM
VKG4LFE...you're going to the game in Green Bay right? There is a bunch of us going down for that game also.....

WBLVikeBabe
10-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I really hope you have that ticket for me Singer! I'm also looking on ebay though and might have connections with someone else who has some tickets. But even if I don't end up going I'll probably still party it up with you guys at Rapid.

SoCaliFans
10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
My Brian & I are flying in on Saturday from Southern California to go to this game (for Bri's 40th). Our first Vikes game in the dome. We'll be tailgating with bleedpurple27, wifee and friends. So the lot a couple blocks north of the Dome, as he said.

Just a tad giddy. :laughing3:

bleedpurple27
10-19-2005, 07:58 PM
You guys better dress warm yvonne (and brian), it's going to be a tad chilly....nuttin a few adult beverages can't cure though...

happy camper
10-19-2005, 08:10 PM
ill be there. first ever packer vs vikings game.

theres alot of fights, right? ill be looking foward to seeing a couple of those.

SoCaliFans
10-19-2005, 08:16 PM
"bleedpurple27" wrote:

You guys better dress warm yvonne (and brian), it's going to be a tad chilly....nuttin a few adult beverages can't cure though...

I've been watching the 5 day forecast and it just keeps getting colder and colder. That is FREEZING temps to us... Whiny Californians. Got the icechest in my suitcase for all those adult bevs to keep us warm and toasty. :drunken:

singersp
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

I really hope you have that ticket for me Singer! I'm also looking on ebay though and might have connections with someone else who has some tickets. But even if I don't end up going I'll probably still party it up with you guys at Rapid.

You are "in" WBL. The ticket is yours if you want it.
:grin:

WBLVikeBabe
10-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Oh I for sure want it!!!

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 08:49 PM
"bleedpurple27" wrote:

VKG4LFE...you're going to the game in Green Bay right? There is a bunch of us going down for that game also.....

Yep, my cheesehead girlfriend and I will be there!! We should all get together somehow!!

Bubba_ND
10-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Im heading down there for my B-day present me and my buddy, it will be my first ever Viking Packers game, i want to tail gate but dont know where, i was planning on bring my portable grill i use for fishing and icefishing, but a question here, can you just set up shop whereever, are there parking lots where they'll be people tail gating?

bleedpurple27
10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"bleedpurple27" wrote:

Yep, my cheesehead girlfriend and I will be there!! We should all get together somehow!!

Yea..lets talk as it gets closer....we'll for sure have to try to hook up...we're leaving Sat. the 19th and staying till Tuesday the 22nd....but let's focus on THIS week...we need some Carma.......

PurplePeopleEaters
10-19-2005, 09:29 PM
I am going to the game at the dome. If you see me (I will be the blond kid with the red cast) Then just come up and say you are from PPO and tell me who you are. Should be an awesome game.

WBLVikeBabe
10-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Aren't you going to tailgate PPE?

mnvikes61
10-19-2005, 09:36 PM
well for all you lucky people going to the game, you better have a good time and have a beer for me because i might have to work on sunday!

SoCaliFans
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

well for all you lucky people going to the game, you better have a good time and have a beer for me because i might have to work on sunday!

Well, it's not luck we're going, it's called going into major debt to go. Hee hee. I'll have a beer for ya, or 2 or 3. ::burp::

SKOL!

mnvikes61
10-19-2005, 09:39 PM
thanks socal. if i don't end up working i think i'm gonna have to get drunk just so i feel like i'm one of the pp.o members at the game :lol:

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 09:52 PM
"bleedpurple27" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"bleedpurple27" wrote:

Yea..lets talk as it gets closer....we'll for sure have to try to hook up...we're leaving Sat. the 19th and staying till Tuesday the 22nd....but let's focus on THIS week...we need some Carma.......

Yeah we'll talk as it gets closer! Let's just beat the crap out of em this week!

cajunvike
10-19-2005, 09:52 PM
The Cajun WILL be there fo' sho'!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-19-2005, 09:54 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

My own tailgate or what? I would tailgate with PPO but you guys probably wouldn't want a 15 year old around. :lol:

cajunvike
10-19-2005, 09:55 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'll be in the cities this weekend but I can't make it to the game! I'll hit up at least one home game sometime this year though!

You should at least drop by the tailgate for some good Cajun gumbo, VKG!!! And to meet me in person, of course! (Can't miss the rare photo op, VKG)

mnvikes61
10-19-2005, 09:55 PM
you're only 15 PPE!?!? man i thought you were older than that dude :shock:

cajunvike
10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

My own tailgate or what? I would tailgate with PPO but you guys probably wouldn't want a 15 year old around. :lol:

Shut up and get your butt on over to the tailgate...besides you don't want to miss out on some of my awesome gumbo!

Webby
10-19-2005, 09:57 PM
We are setting up tailgating headquarters with the Cajun in the Rapid Park lot...the official Vikings tailgating lot.

Look for the Purplepride.org Banner, or the wet t-shirt contest. just kidding, Cajun.

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 09:59 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

You should at least drop by the tailgate for some good Cajun gumbo, VKG!!! And to meet me in person, of course! (Can't miss the rare photo op, VKG)

Where are you guys going to be? I don't know if I'll be able to get there or not, but if I did come I would have to get there really early so I could get back to the joint that I'm staying to watch the game. Let me know your "location" and I'll try to make a cameo!!

cajunvike
10-19-2005, 10:01 PM
PM me your cell number right now and I will call you.

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 10:02 PM
My cell phone currently is broken and I can't hear when people are talking to me.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-19-2005, 10:03 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Shut up and get your butt on over to the tailgate...besides you don't want to miss out on some of my awesome gumbo!

If my family lets me I can drop by before the game. Of course you will have to stand the idiot panthers fans that are my brother and my dad. My bro is 17. But my mom is a diehard like me.

cajunvike
10-19-2005, 10:04 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

We are setting up tailgating headquarters with the Cajun in the Rapid Park lot...the official Vikings tailgating lot.

Look for the Purplepride.org Banner, or the wet t-shirt contest. just kidding, Cajun.

Dang! Don't tease me like that...especially if countrygirl and WBLVikeBabe are showing up! :lol:

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 10:06 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

Dang! Don't tease me like that...especially if countrygirl and WBLVikeBabe are showing up! :lol:

Ok, where is the Rapid Park lot?? Help me out, give a fan some directions/locations it's by!!

cajunvike
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

My cell phone currently is broken and I can't hear when people are talking to me.

Then PM me another number so that we can chat on my way up to Madison...I can't stay here (Janesville) to much longer (Packer fans may soon descend upon me)! :eek: :lol:

VKG4LFE
10-19-2005, 10:10 PM
I did pm you!

countrygirl
10-19-2005, 10:14 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

That would be like a frozen T-shirt contest. The high temp for Sunday is 44. :cry:

WBLVikeBabe
10-19-2005, 10:23 PM
44 degrees, hmmm i'll just have to consume some warm alcoholic beverages then!

mnvikes61
10-19-2005, 10:27 PM
that sounds like some awesome weather! it won't get down to 44 until December probaly and that'll only be at night time here. i hate it!

countrygirl
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Ditto! :occasion5:

SoCaliFans
10-19-2005, 10:40 PM
"countrygirl" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Ditto! :occasion5:

:beer5:

bleedpurple27
10-19-2005, 10:55 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

that sounds like some awesome weather! it won't get down to 44 until December probaly and that'll only be at night time here. i hate it!

Hey mnvikes61..I spent the first week of October In Alb.....I ended up watching the Vikings/falcons game at a sports bar called Coaches right by the U. It was a pretty cool place. My wife has been begging me for years to move there....just not sure I can do it.

mnvikes61
10-19-2005, 10:59 PM
i wouldn't move here for all the movie and warm weather in the world. unless you really dislike cold weather and want nice cloudless sunny days almost all year round.

Lotza
10-19-2005, 11:16 PM
i wish i could go. mrrp. it will either be the worst game you go to or the best game you go too. lets hope for the latter of the two.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

:cry:

How about some nice root BEER for me?

:lol:

cc21
10-19-2005, 11:50 PM
I will be at the game. I'll try and look for you guys. It should be fun.

SoCaliFans
10-20-2005, 12:24 AM
If my family lets me I can drop by before the game. Of course you will have to stand the idiot panthers fans that are my brother and my dad. My bro is 17. But my mom is a diehard like me.

You sound like you have a cute family, ppe. :smile:

natethegreat
10-20-2005, 12:28 AM
ive been to about 7-8 games and i still have not been to a green bay game yet, hopefully i can get to one next year

V4L
10-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Graham and Sean put shout outs for me guys!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-20-2005, 12:34 AM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

:lol: and that is supposed to mean what? :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters
10-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Where is the tailgate spot by the way. This is my first game and I think I need directions if I am gonna try and get there. :oops:

SoCaliFans
10-20-2005, 12:46 AM

"SoCaliFans" wrote:

No hidden meanings, just they sound like fun. To all be involved in football and to all go to the game.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-20-2005, 12:50 AM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

"SoCaliFans" wrote:

No hidden meanings, just they sound like fun. To all be involved in football and to all go to the game.

Yeah they are pretty cool. My mom watches all the games with me but usually goes away when I get pissed. I am by far the biggest football fan in my family but my Mom is obsessed with college b-ball and my bro loves hockey.

natethegreat
10-20-2005, 12:54 AM

"SoCaliFans" wrote:

"SoCaliFans" wrote:

Yeah they are pretty cool. My mom watches all the games with me but usually goes away when I get pissed. I am by far the biggest football fan in my family but my Mom is obsessed with college b-ball and my bro loves hockey.

thats preety cool that you watch the vikes with your mom, i watch them in my room alone and dont allow anyone to watch it with me, i cant stand watching games in a restaurant or bar, there is just way too many loud drunks

WBLVikeBabe
10-20-2005, 12:58 AM
My family tries to watch it with me but sometimes they go downstairs and leave me to watch it by myself upstairs cause I get too crazy.

bono
10-20-2005, 01:53 AM
TO THOSE TRAVELING TO MINNESOTA FOR THE GAME ON SUNDAY:
Have a fun and safe trip!
TO EVERYONE GOING TO THE GAME ON SUNDAY: Enjoy the game! Think of me (game starts at noon...I'm in church doing that time...not out 'til after 1 p.m....schedule to work at the Journal from 3-11 p.m. ((will be able to see a few clips/highlights, but won't be able to enjoy like I would if I could see it live either at the dome or on TV!))
Hey,
The Milwaukee Bucks (NBA) are playing an exhibition game against the Detroit Pistons in Green Bay tonight!!!!
p.s.
As I was reading other replies to this post, I noticed that a few ppl have birthdays coming up! Hey, my birthday is next Wednesday, Oct. 26!!!! SCORPIOS!!!!!! Happy birthday to ALL YOU SCORPIOS! ('cause we rule!) !!!!!

singersp
10-20-2005, 03:17 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Is the Rapid Park Lot the one on Washington Ave. & the taigating by the Liquor Depot?

singersp
10-20-2005, 03:25 AM
"countrygirl" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

That would be like a frozen T-shirt contest. The high temp for Sunday is 44. :cry:

44 degrees is an IDEAL wet T-shirt temp. :cool:

LosAngelis
10-20-2005, 06:30 AM
*sob*

I wish I were going.

Wifey's in a theatre production all weekend, including a 2:00 Sunday performance. So, I'm stuck here watching it on television, and thinking of all of you'se guys.

If I do get tix for the home game, I'd love to see some of you in the big metropolis of Ashwaubenon. And yes, I did spell that correctly.

Someone HAS to post pictures of this tailgate!!!!

Go Pack Go!

scott72
10-20-2005, 06:56 AM
I'll be there with my 12 yr old son (who is a Vike fan) and a couple of other family members. You guys care if I crash your tailgate party?? :lol: You wouldn't beat me up in front of my son would ya??

ultravikingfan
10-20-2005, 07:04 AM
"scott72" wrote:

I'll be there with my 12 yr old son (who is a Vike fan) and a couple of other family members. You guys care if I crash your tailgate party?? :lol: You wouldn't beat me up in front of my son would ya??

Your son would probably help beat your butt!

He is one of the good guys!

WBLVikeBabe
10-20-2005, 07:06 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"countrygirl" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

44 degrees is an IDEAL wet T-shirt temp. :cool:

haha don't bet on it Singer, I will be wearing a T-shirt but it won't be wet, and it will be under probably 3 other layers of clothing.

scott72
10-20-2005, 07:09 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"scott72" wrote:

Your son would probably help beat your butt!

He is one of the good guys!

Yeah who knows. I'm still working on converting him....Someday he'll wear green and gold.. :lol:

SoCaliFans
10-20-2005, 07:11 AM
:pukeright:

Webby
10-20-2005, 07:13 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

Is the Rapid Park Lot the one on Washington Ave. & the taigating by the Liquor Depot?

No that one is too small now. It is behind the Target Center. I will post links tomorrow to maps, etc.

SoCaliFans
10-20-2005, 07:14 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

No that one is too small now. It is behind the Target Center. I will post links tomorrow to maps, etc.

Bleedpurple, what time should we get there Sunday? Is it small?

VKG4LFE
10-20-2005, 07:29 PM
"scott72" wrote:

At least your son is smart!! lol jk So how did he become a viking fan if you are a packer fan??

SoCaliFans
10-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Woooo hoooooo, 48 hours!!!!

countrygirl
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

Which ever lot you choose you had better be there by 8:00 am. They fill up fast when we play the Pukers.

Bubba_ND
10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
wheres the tail gate party Ultra ill stop by and say HI.

SoCaliFans
10-21-2005, 07:37 PM
"countrygirl" wrote:

Which ever lot you choose you had better be there by 8:00 am. They fill up fast when we play the Pukers.

Oh thanks countrygirl! So that's 5am my body time, yikes sleepyville. How is traffic downtown in the early am with the game going on?

WBLVikeBabe
10-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone can't wait to party with all of you who are coming to the game on Sunday! Some of you have been asking where the tailgating is, Webby should be posting a map sometime soon for everyone cause I don't think you want me to even try to give directions! I'm getting pretty pumped up now, it should be a good time!

singersp
10-21-2005, 08:14 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Hey everyone can't wait to party with all of you who are coming to the game on Sunday! Some of you have been asking where the tailgating is, Webby should be posting a map sometime soon for everyone cause I don't think you want me to even try to give directions! I'm getting pretty pumped up now, it should be a good time!

In that case, I'll diregard the directions you PMed me & wait for Webby's instructions! :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters
10-21-2005, 08:49 PM
I am leaving for Minnesota in about 2 hours. I get to go to Buca tomorrow. I love that restaurant... See you all at the tailgate (possibly).

I am also going to the vikings locker room store tomorrow so I will probably be getting a new Jersey. I already have a Pep and Bennett so.. any suggestions?

SKOL
10-21-2005, 08:58 PM

PurplePeopleEaters
10-21-2005, 09:02 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

???

KennyJman
10-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Me, my brother and our wives will be there. Too bad the poor misguided and overtly dumb women are Slacker Backers. But it wiil make it all that much sweeter when we smoke em

I am gonna shave Viking horns in the side of my head. Will post a pic later

Hope to meet some of you up there......

WBLVikeBabe
10-21-2005, 10:42 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

In that case, I'll diregard the directions you PMed me & wait for Webby's instructions! :lol:

haha Singer, nah those were the right directions. I can get you there from 35W and Washington but that's about it.

wv__viking__fan
10-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Wife and I fly out of Charleston WV in the morning. Can't wait. Second trip to the dome, first Packer game. We will be in town around 4pm tomorrow and fly back home Tuesday. Going to do the Mall of America thing on Monday. Let's get ready for some football.

Skol Vikings!

Calmwind
10-22-2005, 01:09 AM
I will be flying in From NC Saturday morning with my girlfriend!! I was @ the Titans game last year and had a blast. Excitement is building! SKOL Vikes!!

NordicNed
10-22-2005, 01:26 AM
All you guys and gals flying in for the game,

Man, I admire you all.....

I'll be fishing in a big tourney this Sunday......then waiting on my promised copy of the game from Vks4Lyfe...

Hope you all enjoy the show, and lets end it with a Victory....

Thompson3
10-22-2005, 01:30 AM
just an interesting fact i saw today...

Favre Culpepper
GNB vs. MIN
87.6 QBRat 62.8
1256 Yds 1256
251.2 Y/G 251.2
12 TD 4
8 Int 12

exact same yardage. :???:

singersp
10-22-2005, 01:33 AM

"SKOL" wrote:

???

:scratch:

KennyJman
10-22-2005, 02:57 AM
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: Who is going to the Vikings/Packers game this Sunday?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me, my brother and our wives will be there. Too bad the poor misguided and overtly dumb women are Slacker Backers. But it wiil make it all that much sweeter when we smoke em

I am gonna shave Viking horns in the side of my head. Will post a pic later

Hope to meet some of you up there......

Oops, forgot to add pic.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/KennyJman/DSC00041.jpg

singersp
10-22-2005, 03:30 AM
:shock: OMG! He really did it. Way to show your support KennyJ!

KennyJman
10-22-2005, 03:33 AM
Maybe I'll get elected official barber of PPO????

Webby
10-22-2005, 03:35 AM
http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=234633#234633

Tailgating Info

WBLVikeBabe
10-22-2005, 03:40 AM
That's awesome KennyJ, now you just gotta paint it yellow!

singersp
10-22-2005, 03:45 AM
Paint them white & add the yellow arc.

Webby
10-22-2005, 03:48 AM
"KennyJman" wrote:

Maybe I'll get elected official barber of PPO????

Question is who gets to be the official PP.O Facepainter?

scott72
10-22-2005, 06:54 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"scott72" wrote:

At least your son is smart!! lol jk So how did he become a viking fan if you are a packer fan??

He was a HUGE Moss fan when you guys had him. I've been a Pack fan for life, I'm not really sure how we lost him. Still tryin to get him back tho..It's not easy!! Maybe after the game Sunday he'll be converted!! Or lost forever... :shock:

singersp
10-22-2005, 05:44 PM
As it turns out, I will have an extra ticket available for tomorrows game. You'd be sitting with WBL & myself in section 235 row 21.

If you're interested, PM me today.

SKOL
10-22-2005, 08:58 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

???

LOL, sorry. I posted some sarcastic comment, but after further review I wanted to remove it, but couldn't. I didn't have time to type anything else.

VKG4LFE
10-24-2005, 11:48 PM
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to come and tailgate with all of you good folks. I got a little drunk on Saturday night while playing hold em and didn't wake up until Sunday at about 10:30. By that time I figured it was too late. I hope you all had a great time, even though I wasn't there! Hopefully next time!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-24-2005, 11:53 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

???

LOL, sorry. I posted some sarcastic comment, but after further review I wanted to remove it, but couldn't. I didn't have time to type anything else.

Well.. what was the sarcastic comment then? :lol:

WBLVikeBabe
10-25-2005, 12:13 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to come and tailgate with all of you good folks. I got a little drunk on Saturday night while playing hold em and didn't wake up until Sunday at about 10:30. By that time I figured it was too late. I hope you all had a great time, even though I wasn't there! Hopefully next time!

Oh I see where your priorities lie! :wink:
JK VKG, we missed ya!!

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 10:38 PM
"scott72" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"scott72" wrote:

He was a HUGE Moss fan when you guys had him. I've been a Pack fan for life, I'm not really sure how we lost him. Still tryin to get him back tho..It's not easy!! Maybe after the game Sunday he'll be converted!! Or lost forever... :shock:

Well I'm sure that game didn't help your cause!

cajunvike
10-26-2005, 10:50 PM
So WHERE WERE all these people who posted on this thread that they were going to be at the game on Sunday???

VKG4LFE
10-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I thought most of them showed up except for shock and I. Who else didn't show up??

SoCaliFans
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

So WHERE WERE all these people who posted on this thread that they were going to be at the game on Sunday???

We were there, posted my review under another thread.. um "priceless."

I'm still so tired after having so much FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hello1: