PDA

View Full Version : Let's draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson

mewario
10-19-2005, 07:41 AM
I realize this is early and premature.. but, if you guys have watched him play, he's very dominant.. destroys d-lineman. if it ends up we pick high, this should be our guy.. let's get Rosenthal out of here. He can play right side, or McKinnie can

6'5" 295, Nfldraftcountdown profile

Strengths:
A tremendous athlete for the position...Feet are second to none and he is like a dancing bear...Extremely quick and agile...Balance is outstanding...Has long arms...Has a good frame and can still get bigger...Smart player who is constantly improving...Still has a lot of upside...Is very durable...Has a ton of experience having started at left tackle since his true freshman season.

Weaknesses:
Began his career with the Cavs at 260 lbs. and has been doing a good job of adding weight but he needs to continue to get bigger and stronger...Still a bit undersized by pro standards and could get pushed around a little...Will he be able to maintain his mobility with the added pounds?

Notes:
May have gone as high as #2 or #3 overall in the 2005 NFL Draft had he come out after his junior season...The type of rare franchise left tackle that doesn't come around very often...Should be one of the premier prospects available.

I don't think we need Reggie Bush, but if it comes down to it, why not draft the gamebreaker. this is an alternate plan..either one is fine. No Leinart talk, please.

ItalianStallion
10-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Dunno, I would rather draft a gamebreaker like Bush, especially considering this upcoming draft has a lot of great OT.

mewario
10-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Will Bush be able to stand up to the pounding though of the NFL? He's kinda small.. doesn't look 6 feet tall, and his listed weight is 200, which might be a little inflated.

Good point, it'd be a tough choice. We'd be only able to get one of the elite OT's though.. as they'd be going in the first round.

ItalianStallion
10-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Height isn't really important for a running back, in fact it helps to be a little on the short side (5'10'-5'11'). I don't know about his weight, but he hasn' shown that he is injury prone.

aceclown
10-19-2005, 08:29 AM
more like D'Bitchass Ferguson

midgensa
10-19-2005, 09:19 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

more like D'Bitchass Ferguson

Wow that is in depth coverage right there.
Ferguson will be the class of O-lineman by far. He pushes D-ends and D-tackles around with ease and is one of the few top round draft picks on the Cavs in the last couple years (H. Miller, E.Brown and soon to be Ahmad Brooks) that does not underachieve. He will be a great pick up for whoever gets him.

simonsparre
10-19-2005, 09:45 AM
agree, we need a Oline player, that doesn't make holding!!!!! I think one of the biggest troubles is our Oline

Trade Rosenthal he is called for too many holdings!!

akvikefan89
10-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Well we traded for Toniu Fonoti From the Chargers so We are looking better on the O-line, Teams can pick up good lineman in FA also, so I'm all for Reggie Bush if we can get him....

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 01:41 PM
We draft the best player out there, period.

DaunteHOF
10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
I wanted a defense pick, A.J. Hawk

V4L
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Best available player please.. Don't care who it is!

TWill19
10-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Italian Stallion is right. We need to draft a gamebreaker like Bush. I like DeAngelo Williams a lot too.

My picks would be...

1) Reggie Bush
2) DeAngelo Williams
3) Ahmad Brooks* - might not come out due to lack of playing this year
4) AJ Hawk
5) Chad Greenway

Burley81
10-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Ferguson got totally embrassed(sp?) in last years bowl game. I don't understand what all the hype is about.

But then again, I am a VT fan, and I might be being a little bias.

V4L
10-20-2005, 12:06 AM
In order of who I would want..

1. Bush RB
2. Hawk LB
3. Maroney RB
4. Ferguson OL
5. Williams RB

akvikefan89
10-20-2005, 12:07 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

In order of who I would want..

1. Bush RB
2. Hawk LB
3. Maroney RB
4. Ferguson OL
5. Williams RB

Same here.

Ltrey33
10-20-2005, 12:08 AM
I refuse to draft anyone named "D'Brickashaw"

akvikefan89
10-20-2005, 12:10 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

:sign5:

V4L
10-20-2005, 12:10 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

Good thing you don't do the drafting then.. :lol:

natethegreat
10-20-2005, 12:37 AM
the guy may have a wierd name but he can sure play and would help us alot, and i think if he is going to be gone before we pick in the upcoming draft that we should trade for him because he is a stud

DEEP PURPLE
10-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Being on the West Coast and seeing Reggie Bush week in and week out, we should do what ever it takes to get this guy wearing purple. He has Marshall Faulk with more speed written all over him. I don't even like the Condoms but I make sure I watch all of there games the last two years just to see what he is going to do next.

FuadFan
10-20-2005, 01:45 AM
"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:

Being on the West Coast and seeing Reggie Bush week in and week out, we should do what ever it takes to get this guy wearing purple. He has Marshall Faulk with more speed written all over him. I don't even like the Condoms but I make sure I watch all of there games the last two years just to see what he is going to do next.That is pretty much the same thing everybody thought about Mike Williams in this years draft that we needed to do whatever it takes that he would start right away I know running back is probably easier to adjust to then WR but I don't think anybody even Bush would be worth doing whatever it takes to get learn from the Saints and Ricky Williams.

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 01:57 AM
My opinion, Bush, or Maroney ( if avail. ), but Linebackers and O-Line, and a Tight End that can run fast, catch passes and block - ( yes all 3 facets of the game in one man what a concept ).........Remember we still have Fason........Would like to see him start before the season is too far gone......

Lotza
10-20-2005, 01:59 AM
D'Brickashaw.... what an awesome football name. other names are alge crumpler or takeo spikes. also onterrio smith as much as we loathe him. he has a cool name.

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 02:11 AM
I just wonder how his mom, or dad called him in for dinner.......

akvikefan89
10-20-2005, 02:15 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

D'Brickashaw.... what an awesome football name. other names are alge crumpler or takeo spikes. also onterrio smith as much as we loathe him. he has a cool name.

How about Quentin Jammer or T.J. Slaughter? Those are two awesome ones also.

V4L
10-20-2005, 02:31 AM
Mewelde is a sweet name too.. Quentin Jammer would be my favorite name though.. Daunte Culpepper is a pretty sick name too.. Dexter Coakley.. Will Witherspoon.. Those are all my favorites pretty much

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 02:33 AM
why would we wanna add ANOTHER young linemen...that is part of our problem with MJ. There is no way we should draft a linemen with the first pick in the first round. That can be done in 4-6. We need someone like bush who has big play capability.

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 02:35 AM
also just imagine this...I want you to take any game you have seen of reggie bush invision him in purple and gold and tell me you dont wanna crap your pants!!!!

V4L
10-20-2005, 02:41 AM
Well I don't think we will have the first overall pick.. And most likley wouldn't trade to get it.. Never know with Zygi though.. He has impressed me so far.. I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to have Bush if possible.. Just don't see it happening.. He would be my first choise though.. We might end up with a top 10 pick and maybe he will be there?

My draft order on who I would want..

1. Bush- RB
2. Ferguson- OL
3. Maroney- RB
4. Williams- RB
5. Hawk LB

Who knows maybe Mewelde will have an awesome year and we won't need a RB?

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 02:45 AM
The cardinals and jets are really the only 2 teams right now with crappy records and could use a New running back next year. But with the jets they could draft a QB cuz pennington isnt as young as everyone thinks, hes gonna be 30 this year. So right now its basically us or the cards.

midgensa
10-20-2005, 02:46 AM
"TWill19" wrote:

Italian Stallion is right. We need to draft a gamebreaker like Bush. I like DeAngelo Williams a lot too.

My picks would be...

1) Reggie Bush
2) DeAngelo Williams
3) Ahmad Brooks* - might not come out due to lack of playing this year
4) AJ Hawk
5) Chad Greenway

Ahmad Brooks is DEFINITELY coming out this year.

V4L
10-20-2005, 02:47 AM
I don't think the Niners or Texans would pass on Bush either.. Maybe Texans would take Ferguson to help protect car? D.D is a pretty good RB so I don't know..

The Niner's arent sold on Barlow either.. And they got Alex Smith this year.. They might be in the running for Bush too

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 02:49 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

Remember his brother " Carlester " Crumpler...........

midgensa
"VegasLadyJae" wrote:

I just wonder how his mom, or dad called him in for dinner.......

Actually, he goes by Brick to those that know him.

Mr. Purple
Texans got dominick davis, ya i forgot the 49ners, so its us, 9ers, jets, cards....Dominick Davis is a stud on a crappy team people tend to over look him.

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 02:51 AM
So they called Brick into the house....Ok...Too funny.

V4L
10-20-2005, 02:51 AM
Yah I said D.D was pretty good.. So they would maybe go for Ferguson to help on the line.. Or maybe a LBer..

Yah I don't see many other teams that would need a RB.. So maybe we will snag Bush, Maroney, Or Williams..

Browns maybe? If Droughns doesn't work there they could go for Bush possibley..

midgensa
10-20-2005, 02:53 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

The cardinals and jets are really the only 2 teams right now with crappy records and could use a New running back next year. But with the jets they could draft a QB cuz pennington isnt as young as everyone thinks, hes gonna be 30 this year. So right now its basically us or the cards.

That is crazy talk. The Texans would take him and say goodbye to Davis, Cardinals would definitely take him, Packers would definitely take him, the Saints have shown they almost always take the top player on their board, S.F. would absolutely take him anywhere they pick, the Jets would take him ... I also think that Cleveland would maybe take him and Oakland would like a shot at him ... when people like Bush come along it is not about "already having a back" ... if you dont have a stud, you want Bush.

midgensa
10-20-2005, 02:55 AM
"VegasLadyJae" wrote:

Yeah, that is a little funny. I just know that is what peeps around Charlottesville call him. I have actually hung out with him and Ahmad Brooks a couple of times and they are cool guys. Brick is a big dude, hard to believe he is too small to play that spot in the NFL.
Im guessing his parents also called him Brick, but parents call their kids some weird things.

V4L
10-20-2005, 03:00 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"VegasLadyJae" wrote:

Yeah, that is a little funny. I just know that is what peeps around Charlottesville call him. I have actually hung out with him and Ahmad Brooks a couple of times and they are cool guys. Brick is a big dude, hard to believe he is too small to play that spot in the NFL.
Im guessing his parents also called him Brick, but parents call their kids some weird things.

Hook me up with some autographs bro! :grin:

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 03:02 AM
Midgensa, next time you see him or get a chance; ask him what his name means or is it a combination of relatives names or what? Then ask him if there will be a Junior? Also can you imagine this guy in the corporate world...Hey Bill, I just hired D'Brickashaw.....Yep, hired D'Brick.....

DarrinNelsonguy
10-20-2005, 03:02 AM
Taking Ferguson with the 2nd pick overall is going to be way too early. We should take Bush or LenDale White.

V4L
10-20-2005, 03:04 AM
Yah it would be early.. But we won't have the second overall pick.. So maybe we can snag him.. I want either maroney, bush, Brick, Williams, White, hawk, or brooks.. Any of them in a later pick would be a steller pick!

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 03:05 AM
why would the texans draft him? better yet why would green bay? both have established backs. I dont kno where you've been but ahmad green and dominick davis are gtood running backs. I promise you neither will draft him. The jets could draft him, but with pennington gettin up there in age and injuried every week, its a pretty good chance they'll look at a qb. The cards, 49ners, browns, Vikes. The teams that right now could look to use him next year. and also ya hes a stud, but you dont draft a running back with your first pick when there are plently more areas to improve on both green bay and houston.

DarrinNelsonguy
10-20-2005, 03:06 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah it would be early.. But we won't have the second overall pick.. So maybe we can snag him.. I want either maroney, bush, Brick, Williams, White, hawk, or brooks.. Any of them in a later pick would be a steller pick!

Right now we are the second worse team in the NFL behind the Texans until we improve our play dramatically.

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 03:09 AM

why would the texans draft him? better yet why would green bay? both have established backs. I dont kno where you've been but ahmad green and dominick davis are gtood running backs. I promise you neither will draft him. The jets could draft him, but with pennington gettin up there in age and injuried every week, its a pretty good chance they'll look at a qb. The cards, 49ners, browns, Vikes. The teams that right now could look to use him next year. and also ya hes a stud, but you dont draft a running back with your first pick when there are plently more areas to improve on both green bay and houston.

You do if it is Reggie Bush.......

V4L
10-20-2005, 03:10 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Right now we are the second worse team in the NFL behind the Texans until we improve our play dramatically.

Yah I knew that.. No way we finish behind the Pack and the bears.. We will be ahead of the niners.. The Browns maybe.. I see a top 10 pick if we still play the way we have been playing.. But not that bad to get the 2nd overall..

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 03:15 AM
See im lookin at the draft not from like a fantasy football aspect but from what a team would need. These scouts and coaches wont just draft bush and neglect NEEDS reggie bush is a WANT for some of these teams you think would and will take him. The vikings NEED a stud RB, the packers dont, the texans dont. You cant argue saying well reggie bush is really good so they'll draft him, its like saying the colts will move up and draft him cuz hes really good.

V4L
10-20-2005, 03:17 AM
I agree WoT.. Packers WILL take D this year.. Maybe an o-lineman..

Texans- O-lineman (brick most likley) Some D possibly..

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 03:27 AM

See im lookin at the draft not from like a fantasy football aspect but from what a team would need. These scouts and coaches wont just draft bush and neglect NEEDS reggie bush is a WANT for some of these teams you think would and will take him. The vikings NEED a stud RB, the packers dont, the texans dont. You cant argue saying well reggie bush is really good so they'll draft him, its like saying the colts will move up and draft him cuz hes really good.

Trust me; ask the Purplepride Faithful if Houston or Green Bay is on the clock & Reggie Bush is available if they would / wouldn't, or will take him.... I bet it is a resounding yes from this board! My goodness, I'm thinking you just want to fight with someone today.....Don't understand it. You can get O-Lineman......Just look around in free agency if you are under the cap and see who fits into your system and go for it....Or the draft for cryin out loud. Put it out there if your right I'll apologize.......

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm not fighting with anyone, im discussing. and the HUGE fact your over looking is our opionion on who to draft does not matter. If you can get me statements from each coach from greenbay and houston saying "if we're on the clock and bush is there we'll take him" but untill then I dont beleive a word your saying. Its not about drafting 234324 amazing offensive players its about drafting NEEDS...

Dominick Davis 2004 stats

No. Yards. Avg. Long Td
302 1188 3.9 44 13

Ahmad Green 2004 stats

No. Yards Avg Long Td
259 1163 4.5 90 7

Now call me crazy, but those are some pretty good numbers put up bye both, so drafting reggie bush is like the lions taking another WR next year.

Coaches dont draft on who is gonna be a huge Fantasy football player/ /TD scoring/ Highlite of the week(s) player, they draft based on areas needing improvement and both of those teams DO NOT need a RB. I will pay you $1,000,000 if they have a chance to draft and him and do.

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 03:42 AM
God i'm so good and so right.

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Poll the Peeps.....Mr Right.

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 03:58 AM
I'm not gonna poll, people will post thier opionions...I backed up mine with facts.:)

FuadFan
10-20-2005, 03:59 AM
The Texans would not draft him they need to protect Carr or they will replace him with Leinart the Packers may if they are in the position depends if they re-sign Green he is a FA after this season and has not looked good at all this year.

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 04:01 AM
The pack will resign green unless he hates it there, he might not be having a probowl season, but hes got it done in the past and you dont fix something that isnt broke.

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 04:06 AM

I'm not gonna poll, people will post thier opionions...I backed up mine with facts.:)

Of course your not.......Their opinions.....

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 04:11 AM
Its my opionions then its me supporting well known NFL facts. You draft to fix problem or weak areas and neither greenbay or houston is weak at the RB position.

FuadFan
10-20-2005, 04:12 AM
"VegasLadyJae" wrote:

I'm not gonna poll, people will post thier opionions...I backed up mine with facts.)

Of course your not.......Their opinions.....If you are going to do a poll then you should do it with the Texans and Packers fans I would be more impressed if they said it because I agree with WilliamsonOfTroy on this one.

fred3105
10-20-2005, 04:14 AM
If the Texans have the #1 I would say its like a 95% they would take D'Brickshaw Ferguson. The man is just a rare OT prospect you cant miss, especially when you need an O-line bad. Dominick Davis is more than a capable NFL running back.

Although this all changes if they trade down which is possible or trade for Orlando Pace or someone like they tried last year.

enlvikeman
10-20-2005, 04:15 AM
No Leinhart suggestions yet?

FuadFan
10-20-2005, 04:15 AM
Also both James and Alexander will be free agents as well next year if these teams really need a running back they could try to go after them I do not think either one will get the franchise tag again.

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 04:17 AM
Ya but its crazy to not resign a proven nfl probowl Rb just to draft a rookie who is yet to play one nfl snap.

I think the jets would LOVE to have lienhart

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 04:18 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

Also both James and Alexander will be free agents as well next year if these teams really need a running back they could try to go after them I do not think either one will get the franchise tag again.

True.......but you could also say the same for o-lineman that might be available.

fred3105
10-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Cardinals will probably draft Lienhart.

If GreenBay had the #1 pick I think Reggie Bush is possible since Ahman Green is a free agent this year and I really cant think of a defensive player that deserves to be the #1 pick.

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 04:24 AM
I just honestly cant see the Packers not resigning Ahmad Green unless he exspresses that he does not like thier orginization. If they dont resign him its not because they want reggie bush, thats way to risky to let a probowler like green go for the sake of drafting a college stud ( see maruice clarrett) but then again thier cheese heads...

midgensa
10-20-2005, 04:31 AM

I just honestly cant see the Packers not resigning Ahmad Green unless he exspresses that he does not like thier orginization. If they dont resign him its not because they want reggie bush, thats way to risky to let a probowler like green go for the sake of drafting a college stud ( see maruice clarrett) but then again thier cheese heads...

Maurice Clarrett is nothing like Reggie Bush. And Ahman Green is not a pro-bowler anymore. There is not a team in the league who would rather Ahman Green over Reggie Bush next season.
I know you are trying really hard here ... and it is fun to watch ... but if we are not picking in the top four we have NO SHOT at all at Reggie Bush.

midgensa
10-20-2005, 04:36 AM

People neglect NEEDS all the time. The Colts got rid of Faulk because they wanted Edge, the Saints took McAllister when they had Ricky sitting there. The Bills took a broken McGahee with a 1,000 yard rusher Travis Henry on their roster. You are absolutely insane if you think the Packers would not take Reggie Bush if he is on the board when they pick. And the Texans were talking about Morency at RB just earlier in the preseason, they would take Bush too, no question about it, unless they give up on Carr and go Leinart. Bush will not last past No. 3 or 4 period, there is not a scout on earth who would tell you otherwise.

enlvikeman
10-20-2005, 04:40 AM
even the eagle scout down my street?

FuadFan
10-20-2005, 04:43 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

People neglect NEEDS all the time. The Colts got rid of Faulk because they wanted Edge, the Saints took McAllister when they had Ricky sitting there. The Bills took a broken McGahee with a 1,000 yard rusher Travis Henry on their roster. You are absolutely insane if you think the Packers would not take Reggie Bush if he is on the board when they pick. And the Texans were talking about Morency at RB just earlier in the preseason, they would take Bush too, no question about it, unless they give up on Carr and go Leinart. Bush will not last past No. 3 or 4 period, there is not a scout on earth who would tell you otherwise.Morency was not taken with a high first round pick and there is no way the Texans would take Bush with Davis there they need to protect Carr or replace him if they think he can't cut it that means either Ferguson or Leinart. Faulk, Ricky, and Henry all had problems then or later with their organizations both Ricky and Henry ended up violating the substance abuse policy of the NFL not the same situation.

VegasLadyJae
10-20-2005, 04:45 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying, Midgensa!!!!!!!!!

midgensa
10-20-2005, 04:46 AM

God i'm so good and so right.

You did not back yours up with facts, you back them up with 2004 stats. Nevermind Ahman is injury prone and Domanick cannot get 4 yards a carry. Nevermind that I have already posted that people OFTEN draft the best player available whether it is a need or not. The only spot not commonly taken in this light is QB because it is too expensive. So you want facts, I gave you Edge, Ricky and Willis all within the last few years. Plus, while we are at it, the Cards took Fitzy with Boldin, the Bengals took Perry with 1,000 yard rusher Rudi Johnson, K.C. took Johnson with Preist, The Falcons took Duckett with 1,000 yard rusher Dunn and those are just in the last few years. People don't take NEEDS all the time they take the best player that they think can help their team (most of the time). There are some FACTS for you buddy. Now bring something real to the table or get back to talking about D'Brickashaw

midgensa
10-20-2005, 04:51 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

People neglect NEEDS all the time. The Colts got rid of Faulk because they wanted Edge, the Saints took McAllister when they had Ricky sitting there. The Bills took a broken McGahee with a 1,000 yard rusher Travis Henry on their roster. You are absolutely insane if you think the Packers would not take Reggie Bush if he is on the board when they pick. And the Texans were talking about Morency at RB just earlier in the preseason, they would take Bush too, no question about it, unless they give up on Carr and go Leinart. Bush will not last past No. 3 or 4 period, there is not a scout on earth who would tell you otherwise.Morency was not taken with a high first round pick and there is no way the Texans would take Bush with Davis there they need to protect Carr or replace him if they think he can't cut it that means either Ferguson or Leinart. Faulk, Ricky, and Henry all had problems then or later with their organizations both Ricky and Henry ended up violating the substance abuse policy of the NFL not the same situation.

Neither Ricky nor Henry where having problems at that point. Both were studs. Ricky had rushed for 1000 yards just the year before and they traded their whole draft for him just 2 years prior to that. Henry had run for 1400 and 1300 yards in the two years prior to drafting McGahee. Those are both higher numbers than Davis and Green will run for this season. It happens all the time. I cant believe anyone could argue with that. Now if you want to argue that the Texans want a new QB or think that Brick is more important for their line, that is fine, but saying they dont want Bush because they have Davis is just way off.

fred3105
10-20-2005, 04:52 AM
Duece Mcallister and Willis Mcgahee were drafted #23 which is completly different than drafting in the top5. Ferguson is almost just as rare prospect as Bush and if your need at OT is amazingly high then there is just no way you can pass on him. Personally I think this is all a moot point though because Ferguson and Bush are going to go #1 and #2 to the Texans and San Fransisco.

midgensa
10-20-2005, 04:54 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

even the eagle scout down my street?

I dont know, but you may want to ask him anyways :lol:

FuadFan
10-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Midgensa do you think that those orginizations did not already know by then that the guys they had were questionable character wise even if they did not have their problems yet that is what led them to get rid of them and the only one who showed he had good character was Faulk and the Colts had a great back in James in spite of it.

V4L
10-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Fred is right man.. Ferguson and Bush.. Can't find players like these very much! PPE's guy Mario from NC State should be a pretty high pick too isn't he?

GreenBaySlackers
10-20-2005, 05:46 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Fred is right man.. Ferguson and Bush.. Can't find players like these very much! PPE's guy Mario from NC State should be a pretty high pick too isn't he?

fred deserves a title about his amazing college football knowledge! he is always the person who's opinion i trust the most when talking about college ball. and hes a fricken michigan fan! :pale:

PurplePeopleEaters
10-20-2005, 05:53 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Should be pretty high. he hasn't been playing too well lately and frankly I would take Manny Lawson, the other end on NC State over him.. they are both future NFL talent though. Mario is 6' 7" and is as athletic as Julius Peppers when he was in college. Look for him in the early picks.

V4L
10-20-2005, 06:24 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

fred deserves a title about his amazing college football knowledge! he is always the person who's opinion i trust the most when talking about college ball. and hes a fricken michigan fan! :pale:

Wurd! :lol:

Me too man.. Fred knows his stuff! Give this man a title! :cool:

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 09:13 AM
The packers will not draft bush and nore will the texans. Thats what I was talking about and you blew it outta porportion. 2004 stats arnt facts? Ok and another thing, rudy johnson didnt have a 1,000 yard HEY GOOD pick season, it was a mike pittman muster up nearly 1,000 yard season. Your trying to say there wasnt any doubt in their future with rudy. They drafted perry becuase they just like the bucs wernt sure thier backs we're the real deal and could handle a 16 game season. The Packers with PRO BOWL RB ahmad green are gonna use thier FIRST round pick to pick up a RB? are you nuts? their gonna draft something to help the team, not help greenbay fantasy football fans out. The texans could draft him dominick is the lesser out of the two. BUT right now thier 0-5 season isnt 0-5 cuz they cant run the friggin ball its 0-5 cuz they dont have a LINE or defense or solid qb, so why in the world do you waste your first round pick on another running back? that is insane. These are the only 2 teams im talking about. and let me clear it up again, THE TEXANS AND PACKERS WILL NOT DRAFT REGGIE BEEP DARN BUSH!!!! :)

Mr. Purple
10-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Oh and heres a couple more I can CLEAR up...You cant go out and have a solid season with ONE good wr's and 4 other crappy ones, so yes the cardinals who arnt one step away from greatness addressed the need to have a solid second WR...thus helping place another peice in thier rebuilding stage.

Secondly dont try and diss me over the internet BUDDY.:)

There is not one coach in this league that dosnt go out on draft day and address BIG needs for thier team and draft around it. Ahmad green is trash? and davis is too? are you kidding me? The thing is, yes it woulnt hurt for them to draft him, but with SO MUCH WRONG AND A PROVEN RUNNING BACK WHO HAD 13 TD'S, 13!!! and over 1,100 yards rushing....moss had a all time low last year in yards and even a lil in td's....why didnt we discuss gettin a wr this year? Cuz its not about stocking yourself up with 23432 offensive players to score points, its about building a solid balanced team, not 5 heisman rb's. The only point you need to under there pal ole buddy skip is that neither the texans nore greenbay packers should or would draft reggie bush over other criitcal team week areas. thank you good nite buddy!:)

DeathtoDenny
10-20-2005, 09:28 AM
D'Brickashaw is an absurd name, like Jeremitrius or LeMonjello. Only in the NFL......

olson_10
10-20-2005, 10:01 AM
LAWRENCE MARONEY...we shouldnt even consider anyone else

olson_10
10-20-2005, 10:04 AM
on the subject of strange names..how about Jeremetrius Butler

ultravikingfan
10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

LAWRENCE MARONEY...we shouldnt even consider anyone else

Not even Bush?

I would not go with a MN RB personally.

DEEP PURPLE
10-20-2005, 05:19 PM
It is all about Reggie Bush. He is going to be the next great running back in the NFL. He is absolutly breathtaking to watch. When you watch him there is such anticipation in waiting for the next time he touches the ball, because you know he can take it to the house everytime he has the rock in his hands. At 6'-0" 200 lbs hes not exactly small, and no one ever gets a clean shot on him, so I'm not that worried about durability (see Barry Sanders). He doesn't go out of bounds, finishes off runs with his head down, and always falls forward. When he sees a hole he hits it with such an increadable burst, that he is at top speed by the time he is to the linebackers. I will be very interested to see what kind of a 40 time he posts in the combine and on his pro-day. He catches the ball like a wideout, with running back skills after the catch. He returns punts and kickoffs as well. I think that his skill set and pure physical gifts are just to much for any team to pass up if they have a scouting team that hasn't had there head in the sand for the past 3 years. Even if they have good running back in place, he is that special. I wish you guys could watch him week in and week out and not just the highlights on SC to gain a full appriciation for THE BUSH!!!!

ultravikingfan
10-20-2005, 06:53 PM

The packers will not draft bush and nore will the texans. Thats what I was talking about and you blew it outta porportion. 2004 stats arnt facts? Ok and another thing, rudy johnson didnt have a 1,000 yard HEY GOOD pick season, it was a mike pittman muster up nearly 1,000 yard season. Your trying to say there wasnt any doubt in their future with rudy. They drafted perry becuase they just like the bucs wernt sure thier backs we're the real deal and could handle a 16 game season. The Packers with PRO BOWL RB ahmad green are gonna use thier FIRST round pick to pick up a RB? are you nuts? their gonna draft something to help the team, not help greenbay fantasy football fans out. The texans could draft him dominick is the lesser out of the two. BUT right now thier 0-5 season isnt 0-5 cuz they cant run the friggin ball its 0-5 cuz they dont have a LINE or defense or solid qb, so why in the world do you waste your first round pick on another running back? that is insane. These are the only 2 teams im talking about. and let me clear it up again, THE TEXANS AND PACKERS WILL NOT DRAFT REGGIE BEEP DARN BUSH!!!! :)

Look, a lot of teams pick-up the best talent out there. Green is hobbled a lot. Who is to say the Pack would not draft Bush and trade Green?

SamDawg84
10-20-2005, 07:04 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Look, a lot of teams pick-up the best talent out there. Green is hobbled a lot. Who is to say the Pack would not draft Bush and trade Green?

Ahman fumbles alot too. He is having a horrible season this year also. I could see the Pack picking him up to form thier offense.

BBQ Platypus
10-20-2005, 07:25 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

D'Brickashaw is an absurd name, like Jeremitrius or LeMonjello. Only in the NFL......

What about Anthshwayne? (I made it up myself).

fred3105
10-20-2005, 09:39 PM
I am pretty sure Mario Williams is the unanimous decision as the #1 DE in the draft especially with Kiwi out because of a cheap shot. I would put him in the Top10 to someone like GB, Tenn, Oakland, or Cleveland.

fred3105
10-20-2005, 09:44 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

A lot of teams may pick the best talent available but when you have the #1 pick? I highly doubt it because D'Brick, Reggie Bush, and Matt Lienhart are all considered elite talents with all really have no edge over the other.

As for GB Green is a free agent I dont think they will sign him just to trade him that would be pretty stupid. Good RBs are a dime a dozen pretty much this offseason and Gb should be able to find one they want out there.

PackerPride
10-20-2005, 10:59 PM
I'll tell you right now, if the Packers are up and Bush is still there, they will either take him or trade down if the offer is good enough. TT is known for grabbing the best talent available (QB Rodgers in 1st round, WR Murphy in 2nd round). But he also likes to trade down to gather more picks. If someobody has a top 10 pick and would offer their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick, I can't see TT passing that up. If that doesn't happen tho, get ready to take on Bush if we have the chance to grab him, as he's the best RB coming out since Barry Sanders (potential wise).