PDA

View Full Version : Will the True Fans Please Stand up!?!

SharperVikings
10-18-2005, 07:58 PM
I am definelty a true fan, and I think most people on this site SHOULD be true fans. I am not afraid to admit it, I dont conceal it, I tell the truth. I AM A TRUE VIKINGS FAN. I live and die vikings, and am with them through the good and bad. Will the people that are true vikings fans please show it in this post and throughout this forum? We have to stick together through the good and the bad, SO LETS DO IT!

POST IF YOU ARE A TRUE VIKINGS FAN AND TELL US YOUR STORY!

(A true fan is one that never gives up on their team, is with them through the good and the bad. True fans believe that they can come back at any time. True fans obviously love the minnesota vikings more than any other nfl team! True fans obviously stick up for their team and dont let anyone talk bad about them!)

PhxFan
10-18-2005, 08:07 PM
What, by any standard constitutes a true fan? I believe most here are fans, or they wouldn't bother taking the time to even be here...sure there may be some fairweather fans, but the measure should be by whom is still taking the time to be here.
Can a fan not feel disapointment, or even dare speak out against a team that obviously has issues? Some of the players voice their opinions, they mention that they don't care about what we, the fans think...but I still support this team, good or bad!

Hooversham
10-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Considering the plethora of different opinions regarding who is and isn't a "true" fan, I would be willing to guess that the definition of "true" fan changes with the wind.

Some think that being a true fan means to keep your trap shut, be optimistic all the time, and to take your lumps without voicing an opinion. Other fans think that being a true fan means to air dissatisfaction, call for changes (often times really negativly) and expect more from a franchise that they truly care about.

Niether side has a strangle-hold on what it means to be a "true" fan. So can we, for once, dispense with calling out other fans, and just discuss things worth discussing.

Del Rio
10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't think there is a good definition of a true fan. I do know there are fans here that would likely get there ass's kicked in a bar if they acted the same way though.

So take it for what it is worth. This is the only place people can come to make crazy suggestions and act like idiots and survive. It's the answer to Darwin.

mnjamie
10-18-2005, 08:14 PM
define? really tired of this "True Fan" junk. Either you support the team through thick and thin, or you don't. Anyone who still frequents this site still this season to discuss the team, IMO is not a bandwagon or fair weather fan. In which case, doesn't need to justify their alliance to this team by any title or explanation, period.

SoCaliFans
10-18-2005, 08:18 PM
In 1985 I didn't know what a Vikings fan was til I met my Brian in 1986. He was born in Minneapolis, moved to California two years later, and he bleeds purple. We took our vows in '88 and to remain loyal and true as a Viking fan was one of the vows I took. :clown: I've had a blast ever since. We have a wall in our game room dedicated to the Vikes; Fran 1962, PPE's, BG, Chris Carter, helmets.. Also has some Twins stuff, but that's another board.

It's pretty cool to meet you all. :occasion5: SKOL!

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Yvonne it's great to meet another female displaced vikings fan. I am new around here too. (not a new viking fan though...been one since my birth in 1974) Welcome and SKOL!

singersp
10-18-2005, 08:22 PM
We are all fans here or we wouldn't be here. Fans have different views & opinions. Opinions don't have a right or wrong answer. That's why they are called opinions.

Freedom of speech is what makes America the best country in the world!

Let's not forget that.

JLDII
10-18-2005, 08:27 PM
A person can be a true fan of the organization, without being a fan of certain players. Thats obvious by reading the different threads on here.

Anger, and passion are both emotions.

When you go to a game at the dome, you hear people cheer when we win, but you will also hear those same people boo if we play poorly. If someone didn't really care about the team, they wouldn't be expressing either of them.

bleedpurple27
10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
What is a true fan? Am I? Are you? A fan is a fan is fan IMO. We're all different...my way of being a fan is just that...my way. That doesn't make me more of a fan than anyone else..it's just me...I'm bored with the "true fan" subject.
A couple guys on the radio (93X) say they are going to the game on Sunday but that they're going to wear a paper bag over their head to show how "embarrassed they are to be Vikings fans." I'm embarassed that they call themselves fans. I don't always like the way the team plays, or acts or who they trade or don't trade....at the end of the day I'm still a fan.
You start giving a Packers Fan crap about anything and what's the first thing they bring up..."Oh yea...well how many superbowls have the Vikings won?" ZERO...but does that mean I shouldn't be a fan...that I should go out and buy a cheese wedge and start sniffing glue..and take my sister to the Prom?

God help me if I have to sit next to some yahoo with a paper bag over his/her head.

Ltrey33
10-18-2005, 08:55 PM
True fan is an ambiguous term. I don't think rooting for one player over another, or saying one player should be benched, or saying a coach should get canned or saying you're pissed off at the team makes you any less of a fan. That to me, means you care.

Case in point: I say Culpepper should stay in. Others say he should be benched. I say he's good, some people say he sucks.

Who is the "true fan" in this situation? We both are, we just have different opinions! Just the fact that we're arguing about it means we give a shit about the team, which makes us fans.

The biggest thing that bothers me is when people use "true fan" to qualify their argument. If they say "if you're a true fan, you'll support Culpepper" that's bullshit. If you want to make an argument use facts, use your opinion- that's fine, but don't pull out the "true fan" card.

The whole thing to me is like politics. Certain idiots say "if you're not a republican than you're not a patriot!" or "if you're not a democrat you aren't a patriot!" I say they're both full of shit. IMO, if you have an opinion then you care about your country, which makes you a patriot. You just want the best for the country, and you're willing to share those beliefs. Our situation is no different, we want what is best for our team, so we express our opinions.

JLDII
10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
"bleedpurple27" wrote:

What is a true fan? Am I? Are you? A fan is a fan is fan IMO. We're all different...my way of being a fan is just that...my way. That doesn't make me more of a fan than anyone else..it's just me.........

God help me if I have to sit next to some yahoo with a paper bag over his/her head.

:?: Sounds like a bit of a double standard don't you think?

Not everyone has to wear purple shades and beat a drum in order to be a fan.

snowinapril
10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Please Stand Up!

Please Stand up!

Just had to do that.

Go P. Rabbit

MensaTice
10-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I love the Vikings. And great point ltrey33.
I hate the packers and everything wisconsin. Can't wait for Sunday.

singersp
10-18-2005, 09:07 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Please Stand Up!

Please Stand up!

Just had to do that.

Go P. Rabbit

I am & have been SIA! Not my fault I'm short! :lol:

VKG4LFE
10-18-2005, 09:08 PM
I am a true vikes fan even though there is no set "definition." My license plate explains enough.

The only good things in sconny mensatice is my girlfriend and our house...and my job I guess!!

gregair13
10-18-2005, 09:13 PM
until we are official out of the palyoffs, i will not give up. and even then i might not give up on them. i will never change teams. i am a viking for life. and there is no way i am going to give up on them when they are only 1 game out of first place.

Del Rio
10-18-2005, 09:13 PM
I think there are better fans then others. As far as teams go, you benifit more from certain types of fans over others. If my team goes to play a game and there are 20,000 screaming fans and 100 people sitting there with bags over their heads that's a waste of space for my team especially considering there are probably 100 screaming fanatics that would love to be at the game, and frankly you having a bag over your head isn't doing anything for me or my team it just makes you look like an idiot and wastes a seat.

The whole true fan argument holds no weight. Because being a fan is different for everyone.

Some people like to go off the wall with negativity that is so incredibly negative it defies all logic. All I can say is if you think in terms of true fan and not true fan, I would adjust your thinking and judge people by stupid idiotic comments, and rational comments. Because you get all kinds from negative fans and possitive ones.

You can say well I'm just being realistic, or I'm just being the kind of fan I want to be, well that's great but that shit coming out of your mouth may still be less coherent then south parks Timmy.

If your on here one week preaching doomsday and the next week your trying to pretend you weren't crying like a little bitch and everything is peaches now, then next week we need to trade someone, then next week he is your favorite, and next week.....people see that and every time that happens your posts hold less and less importance to many people.

snowinapril
10-18-2005, 09:21 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Please Stand Up!

Please Stand up!

Just had to do that.

Go P. Rabbit

Me too, lacking in the heigth gene.

I will stand, but I won't vote. Some things don't have to be measured.

Fandom is only measured by the fan himself. Show your pleasure, show your displeasure, be intelligent but don't judge another for his fandom.

Lotza
10-18-2005, 09:21 PM
i am the only viking fan at school. i have been made fun of so many times if i weren't a true fan i would not be on pp.o right now.

Schleppy
10-18-2005, 09:23 PM
I've been a fan through the Hail Mary, Rashad Catch, Nelson drop , walker trade. 3 SB losses, playoff comeback against the giants, 2000 shutout and of course the Kick of 98, its just not priority anymore, I missed out on a lunch with my wife and daughter and a chance to go to camp with my son to watch that exhibition by the vikes......just not going to plan my Sundays around them anymore,,,,but I will still be a fan.......skol

ejmat
10-18-2005, 09:24 PM
I have always been and will always be a Viking fan. Sure I get frustrated watching a professional level team team play like they are in pop warner. I will never give up on them. As I said earlier, we are only one game out of first place. If we can get things together maybe we can still salvage the season. On the other hand, sometimes I hope to lose alot of games if we are not going to win the superbowl to get better draft picks.

Watching this last game, I was very excited the first half (until the end of course). The D was dominating. The O was moving the ball. Special teams completely sucks except for Klewe. They don't block for anyone and they don't know how to kick field goals.

Got to go.

singersp
10-18-2005, 09:28 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Please Stand Up!

Please Stand up!

Just had to do that.

Go P. Rabbit

Me too, lacking in the heigth gene.

I will stand, but I won't vote. Some things don't have to be measured.

"Vertically challeged" as I call it

vegasvike
10-18-2005, 09:32 PM
A true fan will have that funny feeling in the pit of their stomach after a game like Sunday, or like the game against the falcons, of like the game against the bengals. Or just laugh out of hysteria or possibly dementia when you see the other team scoring on us at will. Then for the next couple of days it seems like nothing is going right for you in your own personal life, but by Wednesday you start to break down the other teams weaknesses and you actually believe in the saying on any given Sunday, and all faith is restored.

vikings6490
10-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm a true fan..no matter how terrible it gets..even if we go 1-15..I am still a proud Vikings Fan.

finnishvikingsfan
10-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I am a true fan. If I wasnt I dont think I would be sitting on this site for hours. Most of us here probably considers themselves true fans. Thats what makes this site so great. We have people who care about the teams as much as I do.

PurpleTide
10-18-2005, 10:16 PM
I love Viking Football, and have been through the best and worst, cheering every score, takeaway, hit, great play, suffered much and am privaleged to follow one of the most proud and storied teams of all time. I love football and the Minnesota Vikings. Skol Purple Pride Forever....

midgensa
10-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Been a Vikes fan since 1989, a couple of years after the St.Louis Crapinals left for Arizona with owner Bill "Hope he dies painfully" Bidwell. Couldn't decide on a team, but had an electric football game with the Vikings and Bears, and I will be damned if I would like the Bears!! I have bled purple ever since and will until my last breath, hopefully I get the chance to bleed a little Lombardi silver at some point.

GreenBaySlackers
10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

A true fan will have that funny feeling in the pit of their stomach after a game like Sunday, or like the game against the falcons, of like the game against the bengals. Or just laugh out of hysteria or possibly dementia when you see the other team scoring on us at will. Then for the next couple of days it seems like nothing is going right for you in your own personal life, but by Wednesday you start to break down the other teams weaknesses and you actually believe in the saying on any given Sunday, and all faith is restored.
up until wednesday, you have me to a tee :lol:

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh for pooh sake! This crap again!

What gives anybody the right to question or set the standards for "fandom?"

If you like or love the Vikes you are a fan!

If you would give "your left one" for the team you are a fan!

There is a whole site plagued by this garbage talk, its a disease that is spreading rapidly!

Don't be part of the damn virus, be part of the cure!

6-KINGS
10-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Let me wipe first and then I will stand up!!!

LOL

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 11:13 PM
OK, I am "unlocking" this thread.

Feel free to add your pleasnt comments.

V4L
10-18-2005, 11:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

OK, I am "unlocking" this thread.

Feel free to add your pleasnt comments.

Whoa, why was this locked?

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Whoa, why was this locked?

This is why, it is just fricken ridiculous!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Oh for pooh sake! This crap again!

What gives anybody the right to question or set the standards for "fandom?"

If you like or love the Vikes you are a fan!

If you would give "your left one" for the team you are a fan!

There is a whole site plagued by this garbage talk, its a disease that is spreading rapidly!

Don't be part of the gol 'darnit virus, be part of the cure!

6-KINGS
10-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Who loves ya Ultra?

Thats right, it 6-KINGS!!!!

Tonight I put up all the Halloween stuff.

By the way it is 93 degrees today in Benbrook.
A new record high for this date.

Summer will not go away.

Last week it dipped into the 60's for the first time in 5 months and 4 days.

PurplePackerEater
10-18-2005, 11:44 PM
I know a pathetic fan when I see one.

He's the one that sits around telling everyone else they are not a fan because: (insert “diarrhea of the mouth� here).

...like I need to prove my fandom everytime I sit down and log on to PP.O :roll:

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 11:47 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

He's the one that sits around telling everyone else they are not a fan because: (insert “diarrhea of the mouth� here).

Bingo! :wink:

It is spreading...rapidly.

6-KINGS
10-18-2005, 11:49 PM

:roll:

Are they the ones who can speak with their minds like in Planet of the Apes?

:wink:

PurplePackerEater
10-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Isn't that telepathic? Or

and that's all I have to say about that.

midgensa
10-19-2005, 12:07 AM

...like I need to prove my fandom everytime I sit down and log on to PP.O :roll:

You hit that one on the head. When the Vikes are doing great I get called a fairweather non-stop by Skins lovers out here. But the second the Vikes are down they pound on me. They are not real fans if that is the best they can do. Being a fan of your team is what makes you a fan, not shitting on fans of other teams ... except for fans of the Packers of course.

mnvikes61
10-19-2005, 12:11 AM
i'm tired of all this "true fan" crap. if you're a fan you're a fan, there shouldn't be certain degrees of fans. i know some people are die hard about vikings and some just like them when they're doing well, that's their business. i get mad at the vikings and i've said some horrible things about them in the heat of a ugly game, does that make me any less of a fan?

p.s when i saw this thread the only thing i could think of was "will the real slim shady please stand up, please stand up?!?"

V4L
10-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Yah im sick of the "true" fan crap.. If your a bandwagon fan i'm cool with that.. As long as you support the Vikes.. And don't questions peoples fandom.. Worry bout urself! Doesn't make you a better person or fan if you haven't missed a game in years and refuse to wear nothing but Vikes attire.. I'll cheer how the Vikes how I want to and hope people respect that, and i'll do the same!

Bubba_ND
10-19-2005, 12:13 AM
I know for a fact im a Vikings fan, I do Criticize some of the coaching and a couple of players, but i never give up on them. I bleed purple, im spending money just to see them in person, money i bearly have. I with them all the way, and Ill never jump ship.

tke0933
10-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Yes I am a true Vikings fan. if I can be a season ticket holder for the Royals over the last 6 years, my loyalty doesn't fade. I can still remember my mom wondering why I cried so much when we lost to the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.

Articnv
10-19-2005, 12:28 AM
I am fan. I still dresss in my vikes gear stillgo to the same bar i been goign to to ever bar to watch the game every time they play unless its a monday nite game (i work) or i m actual at the game. I still cheer and yes i will boo if we do thinsg fuxed. Its called hsowing your displeasure btu woudl i ever put a paper bag over my head.

Well anyw ays i guess this si 400 posts worth of torturing u gusy with my spelling

VikingsM4
10-19-2005, 12:30 AM
I must admit these past few weeks I have failed to look at this board and post. Simply because of depression due to the brilliant Vike play as of late...However I cannot moap any longer, I dont care who is on are team, I dont care they like sex parties, and I dont care who are coaches are....I just want to kill the fucking fudge packers this week. :lol: :lol: :grin: :grin: :evil: :evil: :evil: :mad:

wv__viking__fan
10-19-2005, 03:30 AM
Am and always will be a true fan. I fly my Vikings flag from my house, year round. Win or Lose, I will always be a fan and my family will dress in purple every single game day. Wife and kids included, we wear our purple with pride on Sundays.

FuadFan
10-19-2005, 03:46 AM
I am a fan of the Vikings and will be until the day that I die.

cc21
10-19-2005, 03:55 AM
I don't know what a true fan is for sure but I guess I am one. I have like the Vikings for as long as I can remember and always will through the good and the bad. They will always be my team.

ejmat
10-19-2005, 03:56 AM
Here's a true Viking fan for ya. I just moved to Tucson, AZ from Ft Lauderdale, FL. I found a bar here called Famous Sams. Everyone in that place is a Steeler fan. They have about 15 TVs and I have to beg to get one of them to show the Viking games. Then, during the middle of the game someone will change the channel for some reason or another. I have to beg the people at the bar to put the game back on. I sit there mainly by myself (since my wife hasn't moved out here yet), with my Viking jersey on with everyone asking me, "What's happening with your team?"

All I can do is laugh about it, make excuses and still show my optimism and support. I have made a couple of friends there (even though they are Steeler fans). Luckily I have an excuse not to be there in Dec when the Vikes play the Steelers. I will be on a cruise celebrating my anniversary with my wife. I would have gone if I were in town though.

I am one of the people that will criticize things about the team. Fans do that out of frustration. I am a Viking fan for life regardless of how they do. If they go 2-14 and the 2 wins are against the Pack, I consider that a good season. Wouldn't going to the playoffs this year at 5-11 be awesome. Playing the 16-0 Colts in the Super Bowl. I know it will never happen but it would be funny. It is possible making the playoffs in our division with a losing record this year.

6-KINGS
10-19-2005, 04:05 AM

Isn't that telepathic? Or

and that's all I have to say about that.

No that is talking over he phone with your mind.

mnjamie
10-19-2005, 05:09 AM
I will be in front of the tele again this Sunday and the next, heck the one after that also watching this team. Anything else?

VikingFanEric
10-19-2005, 05:12 AM
I am a true fan. I have been there from the beginning of my whole life. I live and die with the Vikings every Sunday. It can't be any other way. I will forever love them and forever root for them even down to the last second of every game, even the meaningless games at the end of terrible seasons. My father is a Vikings fan, always has been, hes lived through it all, I'm a Vikes fan and have had to live through a lot too, especially the Anderson missed FG against Atlanta. My son will be a Vikings fan, its just how it is. I bleed purple and absolutely HATE the Favre and the Packers. As bad as everything has been this season, if we can get a win this week were right back in it. How great would it be to take out some frustration on the Packers?

audioghost
10-19-2005, 05:31 AM
My grandpa used to have me watch Vikings games with him back before I was 1 yr old....and I haven't missed a game since..(seriously! I have taped the ones that I had to miss!) and I don't plan on stoppin' anytime soon.....

hovan
10-19-2005, 05:32 AM
:oops:

akvikefan89
10-19-2005, 11:39 AM
*stands up*

(yay, post 2,000, okay, time for bed :lol: )

singersp
10-19-2005, 12:53 PM
"VikingFanEric" wrote:

I am a true fan. I have been there from the beginning of my whole life. I live and die with the Vikings every Sunday. It can't be any other way. I will forever love them and forever root for them even down to the last second of every game, even the meaningless games at the end of terrible seasons. My father is a Vikings fan, always has been, hes lived through it all, I'm a Vikes fan and have had to live through a lot too, especially the Anderson missed FG against Atlanta. My son will be a Vikings fan, its just how it is. I bleed purple and absolutely HATE the Favre and the Packers. As bad as everything has been this season, if we can get a win this week were right back in it. How great would it be to take out some frustration on the Packers?

I used to be married to a Packer fan (nobody's perfect) & raised them in Wisconsin. I did not dictate two my girls whether to be Vikings fans or Packer fans.

My girls are smart, they chose the "Purple Path". My ex still fumes that they're Vikings fans ---- PRICELESS!

CynicalVike
10-19-2005, 05:56 PM
What the he!!

This site has over 1400 registered users and you want to do a survey?

Do you think someone jumped over to the Texans bandwagon or what?

Mr. Purple
10-19-2005, 05:58 PM
I don't think there is a good definition of a true fan. I do know there are fans here that would likely get there jiggly butt's kicked in a bar if they acted the same way though.

So take it for what it is worth. This is the only place people can come to make crazy suggestions and act like idiots and survive. It's the answer to Darwin.
-del rio-

yep exactly, I dont think you can "define" it, you know if you are or not.

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
"CynicalVike" wrote:

What the he!!

Maybe JLDII jumped ship, right?

You would know! :wink:

Del Rio
10-19-2005, 06:02 PM
What do we have here?

Is it an alt account?

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 06:06 PM
:lol:

Your quick!

Del Rio
10-19-2005, 06:08 PM
:grin:

Hell I thought the intro was a bit much but I was too lazy to add it up

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, the alias is on now.

See if they notice.

JLDII
10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"CynicalVike" wrote:

What the he!!

NO! I'm not jumping anywhere!

I'm actually trying to find a place to custom make me a purple Tice Vikings jersey!!

I doubt anyone else will have one!! :lol:

PurpleTide
10-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Still here and still believe we can salvage this season. We can turn it around and make a playoff run....

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 06:13 PM
"JLDII" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"CynicalVike" wrote:

What the he!!

I'm actually trying to find a place to custom make me a purple Tice Vikings jersey!!

No, what I am saying is you are the same 2 members. :roll:

Please pick who you are going to be. Dual memberships are not allowed. Talking to yourself is not allowed.

(You could've made it a little harder for me to add 2 + 2)

Please, feel free to welcome to "other self" in the Free Beer forum.

Del Rio
10-19-2005, 06:15 PM
LMAO!!!

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Its all good now.

JLDII is being retired.

singersp
10-20-2005, 02:05 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"JLDII" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"CynicalVike" wrote:

What the he!!

No, what I am saying is you are the same 2 members. :roll:

Please pick who you are going to be. Dual memberships are not allowed. Talking to yourself is not allowed.

(You could've made it a little harder for me to add 2 + 2)

Please, feel free to welcome to "other self" in the Free Beer forum.

But Ultra! As one of the members he was going to be wearing that paper bag over his head, so no one would recognize him! However could you tell? :roll:

sandviking
10-20-2005, 05:53 AM
I'm too impatient to read all of the posts on this thread. Who's the individual that voted no? And where do they live? What time are they home? Will there be any witnesses, er, I mean anyone else there? :twisted: I am kidding, of course. :wink:

V4L
10-20-2005, 05:59 AM
This thread is hilarious! No talking to urself hahaha

NeoVikesTX
10-20-2005, 06:40 AM
I am a true Vikings fan! I will always stand by my team! Call it blind optimism or call it ignorance, but I always believe in my Vikings.

Prophet
01-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I am a false fan.

LuckyVike
01-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I am.................................. just a figment of your imagination.

BadlandsVikings
01-24-2007, 09:24 PM
I am a true fan who is just too lazy to stand up.

x-ray jeff
01-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Bandwagon fan since 1970 here.

MediaLoca
01-24-2007, 09:35 PM
i stopped being a fan after anderson missed the kick.

tjohnson
01-24-2007, 09:36 PM
The Vikings were the first football team I played on and my aunt lives in Minnesota (Maple Plain) so she would always send me stuff like shirts, pennants, etc. Been a TRUE fan for about ten years.

Needless to say, there aren't a ton of real Vikings fans in Connecticut.

nephilimstorm
01-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Been a Viking Fan since 1982- when I was seven and starting actually remembering games

Prophet
01-24-2007, 10:11 PM
"x-ray" wrote:

Bandwagon fan since 1970 here.

Nothing worse than those damn bandwagon fans.
I suppose you're going to jump ship in 2017 and then try to call yourself a true fan.
I hate that.

Zeus
01-25-2007, 09:30 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

I am a false fan.

I jump on the bandwagon when the off-season starts, stay on until hope is lost and then jump off to walk alongside for a bit to stretch my legs, then I jump back on to get a little dinner (lutefisk and tater-tot casserole) and then I jump back off to stop by the support trailer where all the hookers are hanging out.
After a couple hours, I jump back on the bandwagon because, well, the band is playing some cool tunes and I could use a little light music before the Super Bowl and all that.

=Z=

PurplePeopleEaters
01-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I dont know if its true or false about my true false fandom or my false true fandom.

Del Rio
01-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Did 6-Kings delete his account?

mountainviking
01-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Been in CO since 94 and only missed a game or two...used to spend about $50 every Sunday at a bar with the ticket, finally got it at home ;D
Even spent a season listening to them through internet radio.
I'll still wear my Vikings hoody to work or the grocery store after a humiliating loss, like NE...Nearly every morning, the first thing I do, with my first sip of coffee in hand, is check the startrib's purplepage for any news...year round!

some folks claim I've gone beyond fan and all the way to fanatic ;)

I say
SKOL VIKINGS LETS WIN THE GAME!!
SKOL VIKINGS HONOR THY NAME...!!!

FreakinVikingsBaby
01-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Hell yeah I'm a true fan! I'm the loudest one in the stadium at every game I go to. I love going to away games and being the only one you can hear when the vikes do good. I always kinda followed the vikes because my mom in insane about them. Then the 98 season came and I was hooked and have been ever since.

ChezPizmo
01-25-2007, 11:23 AM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

I am definelty a true fan, and I think most people on this site SHOULD be true fans.
I am not afraid to admit it, I dont conceal it, I tell the truth.
I AM A TRUE VIKINGS FAN.
I live and die vikings, and am with them through the good and bad.
Will the people that are true vikings fans please show it in this post and throughout this forum?
We have to stick together through the good and the bad, SO LETS DO IT!

POST IF YOU ARE A TRUE VIKINGS FAN AND TELL US YOUR STORY!

(A true fan is one that never gives up on their team, is with them through the good and the bad.
True fans believe that they can come back at any time.
True fans obviously love the minnesota vikings more than any other nfl team!
True fans obviously stick up for their team and dont let anyone talk bad about them!)

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=48&topic=16904.msg272412#msg272412

vike_mike
01-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Been a true fan and always will be.
I live in Cincinnati and are a Vikings fan.
So you know I get it from these kitty kat fans.

singersp
01-25-2007, 05:12 PM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:

Hell yeah I'm a true fan! I'm the loudest one in the stadium at every game I go to. I love going to away games and being the only one you can hear when the vikes do good. I always kinda followed the vikes because my mom in insane about them. Then the 98 season came and I was hooked and have been ever since.

Why does you being the biggest loud-mouth, not surprise me?
:D ;D

Freakout
01-25-2007, 06:19 PM
I can't stand up (darn wheelchair) but anyone that has followed this team the past few years has to be considered a real fan.
It's not like we have had much to really cheer about.
There hasn't been a reason to hop on a bandwagon in Minny since 98.

NeoVikesTX
01-25-2007, 06:57 PM
True fan here since 1994.
Not going anywhere either.

NordicNed
01-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, you got me with this question.....

I've been saying I'm a Vikings fan since 1966, or somewhere around that year, but really I've been a closet Green Bay Fan..... ;D

Now lean a little closer and I'll tell you a secret......

SMACK YOU RIGHT IN ThE EAR....LMAO... ;D

OH NO, there I go again...LOL

I'll live and die a Vikings Fan, no matter where I am......

NO OTHER TEAM MATTERS...PERIOD...

VIKINGNED
;)

VikingD24
01-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Only 2 types of fans can sit at their computers and trench through all of these threads: TRUE Vikings fans and TRUE Viking haters (aka Packer fans).

Guess which category I fall under.