PDA

View Full Version : Come Together...

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 04:11 AM
I slightly touched this topic in a other post...but as I can see it has been over looked quite abit so I started a post for it. ( sorry webby)

Now hear me out...I think this weekend, we as vike fans who over the past few weeks have argued, said some things we may regret about the team and so forth, should come up with a unity item or something of that sort ( livestrong bands) to wear for this game! The players have the fro, we should start something for ourselfs! This may sound corny to some, but to me its a great way to show the Purple Faith and Come together! So shout out some suggestions and maybe we could vote or something, but it give it a thought or two.

SKOL 2 ALL!

Lotza
10-18-2005, 04:13 AM
that would be awesome! good idea! although i do believe the thread belongs in suggestion box forum!

mnvikes61
10-18-2005, 04:16 AM
WoT first thing i thought of was the Beatles song "Come together right now":lol:

sounds like a good idea too bad i can't go to the game :sad:

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 04:17 AM
well I mean Im just tryin to get a thing goin for the vikings! like the bungals have the WHO DEY slogan or whatever, maybe we could have somethin universal we could all sport to show our support!

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 04:18 AM
Oh and ya I'm not goin to the game either MNvikes61, Im stuck down here florida but i'm gonna be there in spirit! lol lets get this thing goin purple faithfull!

akvikefan89
10-18-2005, 04:25 AM
Maybe they could market a toy, like.....a tunnel with light at the end? :sad: :lol:

SamDawg84
10-18-2005, 04:26 AM
yah come together in a time of need!

Ltrey33
10-18-2005, 04:36 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

WoT first thing i thought of was the Beatles song "Come together right now":lol:

Yes! Me too! "Come together, right now....over me."

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 04:48 AM
lmfao AK, not quite what I had in mine

maybe we could all sport the "v" over our heart
somethin I kno we got some critical thinkers in here!

akvikefan89
10-18-2005, 04:55 AM
Oh, hows bout a statue of Tice being led to the gallows? :lol:

WBLVikeBabe
"ltrey33" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

haha great minds think alike, I thought the same thing too!

akvikefan89
I actually like the "V" over the heart idea...

CanadaViking
10-18-2005, 04:59 AM
What about having all the local fans (in Twin Cities) call into the radio shows with unwavering support of our boys in this desperqate time of need. I know the radio guys are having a field day with all of the turmoil. Hows about getting the dome rockin' like it was the Super Bowl, lets have players feed off of the fans emotions. I now this may be unrealistic, but I'll be utterly disgusted if our fans bring out the boo birds on Sunday!

There is NO point in dwelling on everything as it serves NO purpose, these guys need to get it done.

I know I have said stuff I regret about he Vikes, i'll stop now, go Vikes!

singersp
10-18-2005, 05:06 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

That makes several of us now. When I saw the title of this thread, I expected to see that 6-Kings started it.

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 05:18 AM
Send me $50!

I accept Paypal too! :lol:

singersp
10-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Did anyone pick up in the flirting or members pics thread that WBL said that there were a lot of great looking guys & now here, she says we have great minds?

Great looking guys with great minds! I like that WBL. Thanx. Now maybe she'll quit posting in the men thread! :cool:

mnvikes61
10-18-2005, 05:51 AM
man that is a riot singer! you crack me up man!

finnishvikingsfan
10-18-2005, 05:53 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Did anyone pick up in the flirting or members pics thread that WBL said that there were a lot of great looking guys & now here, she says we have great minds?

Great looking guys with great minds! I like that WBL. Thanx. Now maybe she'll quit posting in the men thread! :cool:

:lol:

WBLVikeBabe
10-18-2005, 05:56 AM
hahah very clever Singer I will give you that. I think the men thread is just going to start repeating itself, that is unless someone posts in the women thread then I have to find something new to put in there.

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 05:59 AM
ya its a good idea everyone in the local area should call in and let the vikings know we still go thier backs and go out and beat the fudge pack this weekend!

singersp
10-18-2005, 06:07 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

hahah very clever Singer I will give you that. I think the men thread is just going to start repeating itself, that is unless someone posts in the women thread then I have to find something new to put in there.

In light of this past week being what it was, I haven't had time to work my magic in that thread for a while. But I will.

If someone enlightens me on how I can attach a video to a post for said purpose, I'd appreciate it!

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 06:09 AM
oh ya also today I watched a segment on NFL Films and it was about the steelers when they went through like 26 loosing seasons. Thier fans began the Franco Army! and They had captins and sargents and cpls and so on and so forth. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 06:17 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

oh ya also today I watched a segment on NFL Films and it was about the steelers when they went through like 26 loosing seasons. Thier fans began the Franco Army! and They had captins and sargents and cpls and so on and so forth. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

From 1931 (or darn close) until 1970 they did squat! Nada! Zilch!

SWAYZE74
10-18-2005, 07:57 AM
nice...let me get out my friendship beads and ill tight-roll my pants for grins and giggles...ive seen those before... the cubs "BELIEVE" bands...

peace...

Bubba_ND
10-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Well we should definitly cheer for them when the come out of the tunnel instead of booing anyone becuz of the boat or getting off to a crappy start, and dont Boo if they make a mistake in the 1st half or dont boo period thats a good way to show we have there backs, and maybe stop trashing there parking spots.
All we can do is cheer them on.

cajunvike
10-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Is this a mutual masturbation thread? LOL

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 05:51 PM
If you dont like the idea swayze then dont open your mouth and make fun of it. plain and simple.

VKG4LFE
10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I never realized they were so bad for so long! What is the longest stretch the vikings have ever gone without making the playoffs? Was it 10 years?

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 06:12 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I never realized they were so bad for so long! What is the longest stretch the vikings have ever gone without making the playoffs? Was it 10 years?

Yup. Up until the 70's the Steelers were a joke!

Boy, they sure changed that with that team. The rings, Hof"s, etc.
Heck, look at one of their drafts. A bunch of HoF's out of 1 draft!

VKG4LFE
10-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Which draft was that (with all the HOF's)?

SharperVikings
10-18-2005, 07:18 PM
some good ideas, we shall all unite, we can overcome all of this! Its time to kick the packers ass! Create some type of anti packer shirt? small green bay logo, overrided with the vikings logo, saying, no one can bring a true fan down!

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Last Year when I watched the Vikings/Greenbay game at ESPN in DC, there were a couple green bay fans next to me and one had a t-shirt that said this

Tickets to theHotdogs for the wife and kids$15
Teaching your children to flick off the vikings: priceless

and it had a picture of a little kid in a green bay jersey flicking off some vikings fans.

I am a little woman but I gotta say I almost kicked that redneck green bay fans private parts. game:$75
Beer:$5

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 07:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok that came out garbled....let's try that again

Last Year when I watched the Vikings/Greenbay game at ESPN in DC, there were a couple green bay fans next to me and one had a t-shirt that said this

Tickets to thegame:$75
Beer:$5
Hotdogs for the wife and kids$15
Teaching your children to flick off the vikings: priceless

and it had a picture of a little kid in a green bay jersey flicking off some vikings fans.

I am a little woman but I gotta say I almost kicked that redneck green bay fans private parts.

singersp
10-18-2005, 08:03 PM
That's why we have this! Not sure who came up with it 1st.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Priceless.jpg

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 08:18 PM
That looks awfully similar to the t-shirt I saw.....interesting.......... :roll:

vikesls
10-18-2005, 08:25 PM
There are a lot of threads here talking about how bad the Vikes are, how bad the coaching is, and how the fans are being unsupportive. I feel the need to throw in 2 cents.

No matter what, the Vikes will always be my team. I think those of us who truly bleed purple and have suffered through some horrible years feel the same way. Its unfortunate though that with all the hope coming into the season there is now gloom and dispair based not only on poor performance on the field, but also with the player's off field antics. The Vikings had an opportunity to prove that Mossless Vikings can still not only function, but be competitive week after week. Well, so far they haven't done it and now some of the players want to compound their miserable playing performance with off field misbehavior.

So, much like the majority of the games played this season, the Vikes have a big whole to dig out of. Public opinion down on them, media down on them, coach controversy, and now maybe some fan disillusionment. Can they save their season? .. our season? I'm forever optimistic.

So Vikes, stay off the boats, out of the bars (and gas station parking lots). Focus on football, work a little overtime in the gym, the classroom, and especially on the field. Make us proud to wear are jerseys and logowear. Prove to your fan base that you are truly worthy to be called Vikings and that you deserve our support. I don't want to be bleeding purple for nothing.

lali0020
10-18-2005, 08:28 PM
I agree. No matter how much I might complain its only cause I'm a fan that will watch every single game the Vikings play (hell I even watched them beat the Packers in the playoffs when I was in France last year). I support the team as much as possible and only hope that we can pull out of our funk and be as dominant as we should be.

Gift
10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Vikes will always be my team, regardless of how many bad coaches & qb's we have.

VKG4LFE
10-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Once you go purple you never go burble!!

(Kind of like once you go black you never go back....ok that was dumb!) lol

gregair13
10-18-2005, 09:24 PM
my friend is a chargers fan. from first overall draft pick to winning his division. not a bad deal id say. sure we are taking heat from other fans right now, but just wait. we beat the packers this week and we gain a little bit of respect back to the team. all we need to do is rattle off 4-5wins in a row and we are .500 and who says we cant do it? sure those dark clouds are over our head right now but clouds blow away. ive said this in a number of threads: our division sucks, we wont need that many wins to make the playoffs.

Ltrey33
10-18-2005, 09:24 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Once you go purple you never go burble!!

(Kind of like once you go black you never go back....ok that was dumb!) lol

Yeah...yeah it was, but that's ok. :grin: