PDA

View Full Version : This is when you need to be a fan



Vikes316
10-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Man it really does suck but these are the times that we viking fans need to be great fans. we need to support the team in every way possible. we need to stick with it until they get out of this funk. we have been through better but we also have been through worse. so come viking fans and so your support no matter what happens. they need us and we need them SKOL ON AND ON!!!!!


FAN TO THE VERY END NO MATTER WHAT

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Amen brother! We need to start following the examples of our forefathers of this site. How respectful they are to everyone. Even though it has been a tough season we need to come together. We need to quit all the negativity going around here. SKOL!!

Webby
10-17-2005, 11:02 PM
AMEN.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 11:05 PM
You don't kick your friends when they are down, you shouldn't kick your team IMO.

Great Post!

Webby
10-17-2005, 11:10 PM
awesome snag in the sig there, DR.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 11:11 PM
You give your team a moral boost of confidence! Criticizing your team does not mean you are not a fan...but you care!

I'll tell you what I tell my Defense:

"Go out there and make that player want to turn in his helmet"!!!

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 11:16 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

You don't kick your friends when they are down, you shouldn't kick your team IMO.

Great Post!

You really shouldn't kick your friends ever, unless they kick you first then it is alright.

That's one of the golden rules isn't it.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 11:19 PM
No you can kick your friends sometimes they need it.

DCPologirl
10-17-2005, 11:24 PM
We are speaking fuguratively right?

I am all for kicking when needed.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Sometimes this is called for:

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/images/smilies/xnuts.gif

PurplePeopleEaters
10-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Some person at school was laughing at my vikings shirt (he was a bronco fan). I told him that at least I support my team to the end and I am not a fair weather fan like him that jumps off the bandwagon as soon as Jake Plummer throws an INT. He looked kind of dumbfounded. :lol:

Ltrey33
10-17-2005, 11:30 PM
I second that! Be a fan til the bitter, bitter, bitter end! :grin:

GQVikesfan
10-17-2005, 11:49 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with this post! I will be a Vikings fan win or lose.. And to anyone going to the game this weekend, do NOT boo the home team! It will not make anything better.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 11:52 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Some person at school was laughing at my vikings shirt (he was a bronco fan). I told him that at least I support my team to the end and I am not a fair weather fan like him that jumps off the bandwagon as soon as Jake Plummer throws an INT. He looked kind of dumbfounded. :lol:

He probably started crying, "you mean Elway isn't our QB anymore?"

CanadaViking
10-18-2005, 12:09 AM
It is tough as hell, but you guys are absolutely right! To give up on the boys now would be cowardly. I'll admit to removing my jersey yesterday, but only to re-adjust it(humor). There goes an old saying "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I think we need to apply this to our beloved Vikes. And to be quite honest I am getting a little tired of the get rid of C-Pep talk, as I remember that our offense hummed along quite nicely last year when Moss was injured, right!! I miss winning like the rest of you, so I thought about becoming a fan of another team, then I woke up in sweat of guilt, no f-in way am I changing my team, being a Viking fan helps to build character!!

Cheers! Cheers! Cheers!

That is 2 extra cheers!!

We're going to 'Smack the Pack'

Lotza
10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
you can't just "Switch" teams! glad you hung in there canadaviking

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 12:27 AM
"CanadaViking" wrote:

It is tough as hell, but you guys are absolutely right! To give up on the boys now would be cowardly. I'll admit to removing my jersey yesterday, but only to re-adjust it(humor). There goes an old saying "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I think we need to apply this to our beloved Vikes. And to be quite honest I am getting a little tired of the get rid of C-Pep talk, as I remember that our offense hummed along quite nicely last year when Moss was injured, right!! I miss winning like the rest of you, so I thought about becoming a fan of another team, then I woke up in sweat of guilt, no f-in way am I changing my team, being a Viking fan helps to build character!!

Cheers! Cheers! Cheers!

That is 2 extra cheers!!

This is the best post I have read all day. Now I can sign off until tomorrow without losing sleep. Cheers to C-Pep, cheers to Wiggins, cheers to the Vikings and the fans that stay true.

SKOL!




We're going to 'Smack the Pack'

audioghost
10-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Anyone who can just switch teams doesn't get it....whether the Vikes are 15-1 or 1-15 I will still be around, yelling at the TV screen or sitting in the stands....PURPLE FOR LIFE!

midgensa
10-18-2005, 12:41 AM
If anyone could get away with switching teams I could. I was born in St.Louis and live in Va. As a matter of fact I have only been further north than NYC four times in my whole life. Im a Vikes fan by a pure random pick after the Cards moved to Arizona ...
but I still BLEED PURPLE. I live for this team and love this team until the end. Sure my bro got lucky and picked the Cowboys (got himself three titles) and my other bro is smiling as a Bengals fan ... but I will never switch ... the Vikes are OUR team through and through, and anyone who gets off now has no business getting back on.

Skol!

NordicNed
10-18-2005, 12:51 AM
I personaly think the post thread says it all, PERIOD..

"This is when you need to be a fan"....double period.....

V4L
10-18-2005, 12:52 AM
I sit next to a Packer fan in my comp class.. I go on here everyday and he rips on it.. He thinks the Pack are gods.. It's funny.. He runs out of arguments after awhile! Then he goes to the past with the superbowls like all pack fans do

WBLVikeBabe
10-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Now this is the kind of thread I like during these times. It's a very frustrating and depressing time for us right now but we do not give up on our team! To quote AudioGhost "Purple for Life!!!"

PurplePackerEater
10-18-2005, 01:21 AM
A real friend would bring his friend to:

Alcoholics Anonymous
Drug Rehab
Sexual Counseling
Financial Management
Group therapy
Depression Treatment
A Good Lawyer
And…a Public Restroom (not someone’s backyard)

Time will tell how many true friends they have.

:wink:

Grassdog61
10-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Tough times bring us closer together. I'm serious about this. I've always believed that the Vike's fan base is uniquely bonded by virtue of the repeated heartache of being so close to a championship but not quite getting there.

Just because the Vikes are down, I cannot imagine rooting for another team. I have never known any Vikings fan that would consider it, nor any other fan of another NFL team. If I do uncover a Vikings fan that switches allegiances, rest assured I will torture that individual unmercifully when our team returns to greatness.

We will be back.

singersp
10-18-2005, 01:39 AM
The question of "need" to be a fan never enters my head. I am, I are & I always will be a Vikings fan. It doesn't matter how poorly they play or how well they play, I'm there routing for them 150%.

V4L
10-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Like my name says.. Vikez4Lyfe baby!!!

mnvikes61
10-18-2005, 01:50 AM
with the start we had this season it'll at least sift through all the good weather fans of the vikings and we'll figure out who's in it for the long haul or who was just jumping on the wagon during the offseason since we were supposedly going to be awesome this year.

singersp
10-18-2005, 02:04 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

with the start we had this season it'll at least sift through all the good weather fans of the vikings and we'll figure out who's in it for the long haul or who was just jumping on the wagon during the offseason since we were supposedly going to be awesome this year.

I aree with you. I see a lot of people who aren't satisfied unless the Vikes win the superbowl. Granted we all want them to win it, but some want them to win it & repeat every single year & they P&M if it doesn't go their way.

Muggsy
10-18-2005, 02:18 AM
"These are the times that try Viking fans souls....."

Gang, I have been a fan since 1970 (I'm not OldManVike for nothing). I have seen great teams, and lousy teams. But, even in the times of the lousy teams, I can think of no other team that means squat toj me than the Vikings. I don't know what it is. I can't explain it. I will rip on the Vikes all I want when they have the kind of year like they are having now, but woe betide the non-Viking who rips my team within earshot.

WE are the backbone of the Vikes. And though we may rant and rave about them sometimes, we join ranks in times of adversity. That is what a fan is all about.

I salute you all.

SWAYZE74
10-18-2005, 02:18 AM
please vikes fans...WAKE UP...im a vikes fan and im not gonna stand for our team acting a fool...am i giving up on the vikes?...NO...but what have they shown us this year other then they know how to party and not perform on the field...tick-tock tick-tock...NOTHING...dont think were gonna roll the pack...last time i checked they have the same record...with supposedly "no talent" other then farve...i live through this garbage enough since im a cubs fans...randy acting a fool is one thing..but when you have that many players with bad judgement...come on...would you be cool if that was your father, brother, or friend pulling this garbage? so please vikes fan..WAKE UP...or you could blindly support this team and go to games...buy your new vikes jersey...get that rad new "shirt" on e-bay that is basically laughing in our face...

/gah....we can punt the ball this year...hang your hat on that...

peace...

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 03:16 AM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

please vikes fans...WAKE UP...im a vikes fan and im not gonna stand for our team acting a fool...am i giving up on the vikes?...NO...but what have they shown us this year other then they know how to party and not perform on the field...tick-tock tick-tock...NOTHING...dont think were gonna roll the pack...last time i checked they have the same record...with supposedly "no talent" other then farve...i live through this garbage enough since im a cubs fans...randy acting a fool is one thing..but when you have that many players with bad judgement...come on...would you be cool if that was your father, brother, or friend pulling this garbage? so please vikes fan..WAKE UP...or you could blindly support this team and go to games...buy your new vikes jersey...get that rad new "shirt" on e-bay that is basically laughing in our face...

/gah....we can punt the ball this year...hang your hat on that...

peace...

who said any of us are giving up on the Vikes?

hang your sombrero on that...anarchy..

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 03:17 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

A real friend would bring his friend to:

Alcoholics Anonymous
Drug Rehab
Sexual Counseling
Financial Management
Group therapy
Depression Treatment
A Good Lawyer
And…a Public Restroom (not someone’s backyard)

Time will tell how many true friends they have.

:wink:

Or bring you to a party boat! :razz:

SWAYZE74
10-18-2005, 05:19 AM
ultra...so your all good with the team goin down the toilet and lettin tice get a pay check?...hmmm...im not...and if ya read my last post fully i told you to WAKE UP and basically take your blinders off...get that purple that everyone is bleeding out your eyes and actually see the problems goin on here...how is tice gonna control this team when he was the first person outted in a long list of off the field problems this year?

anarchy or truth? my blinders are off...

peace...

finnishvikingsfan
10-18-2005, 05:31 AM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

please vikes fans...WAKE UP...im a vikes fan and im not gonna stand for our team acting a fool...am i giving up on the vikes?...NO...but what have they shown us this year other then they know how to party and not perform on the field...tick-tock tick-tock...NOTHING...dont think were gonna roll the pack...last time i checked they have the same record...with supposedly "no talent" other then farve...i live through this garbage enough since im a cubs fans...randy acting a fool is one thing..but when you have that many players with bad judgement...come on...would you be cool if that was your father, brother, or friend pulling this garbage? so please vikes fan..WAKE UP...or you could blindly support this team and go to games...buy your new vikes jersey...get that rad new "shirt" on e-bay that is basically laughing in our face...

/gah....we can punt the ball this year...hang your hat on that...

peace...

Yes this garbage is embarrssing. But if our father, Brother or friends were pulling this stuff we would forgive them. I would be disappointed which I am but I am going to forgive and forget and still care for them and still support them.

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 05:37 AM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

ultra...so your all good with the team goin down the toilet and lettin tice get a pay check?...hmmm...im not...and if ya read my last post fully i told you to WAKE UP and basically take your blinders off...get that purple that everyone is bleeding out your eyes and actually see the problems goin on here...how is tice gonna control this team when he was the first person outted in a long list of off the field problems this year?

anarchy or truth? my blinders are off...

peace...

No, but the way your post was perceived by my brain was that people around here are giving-up on their team.

I for one and not blinded by faith. You would have to not see any of the games to not see the problems that we face.

What can I do about the current coach? Not a darn thing. I guess he will just keep getting paychecks.

What would you do?

SWAYZE74
10-18-2005, 05:53 AM
1) dont go and buy tickets...
2) dont get that jersey or other piece of merch...
3) dont call in to kfan supporting the vikes as some have suggested...

just to name a few ultra...hit'em where it hurts..the pocket book...i did the same thing to the cubs this year..im not gonna pay for garbage...

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 05:57 AM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

1) dont go and buy tickets...
2) dont get that jersey or other piece of merch...
3) dont call in to kfan supporting the vikes as some have suggested...

just to name a few ultra...hit'em where it hurts..the pocket book...i did the same thing to the cubs this year..im not gonna pay for garbage...

I guess that is a way.

You would really have to get a lot of people on board for that.

If they lost enough revenue, how will that help us? May hurt the stadium deal.

singersp
10-18-2005, 06:00 AM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

1) dont go and buy tickets...
2) dont get that jersey or other piece of merch...
3) dont call in to kfan supporting the vikes as some have suggested...

just to name a few ultra...hit'em where it hurts..the pocket book...i did the same thing to the cubs this year..im not gonna pay for garbage...

Once again, I DON'T THINK SO SCOOTER!

1. I bought 5 tix. I'm on eBay right now, looking for more
2. I own 12 jerseys. I going to buy a Phat Pat, T-Will or Smoot one.
3. I'll be drumming up all the support I can for the team & cheering them on at the dome this Sunday.

finnishvikingsfan
10-18-2005, 06:01 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"SWAYZE74" wrote:

1) dont go and buy tickets...
2) dont get that jersey or other piece of merch...
3) dont call in to kfan supporting the vikes as some have suggested...

just to name a few ultra...hit'em where it hurts..the pocket book...i did the same thing to the cubs this year..im not gonna pay for garbage...

Once again, I DON'T THINK SO SCOOTER!

1. I bought 5 tix. I'm on eBay right now, looking for more
2. I own 12 jerseys. I going to buy a Phat Pat, T-Will or Smoot one.
3. I'll be drumming up all the support I can for the team & cheering them on at the dome this Sunday.



If I didnt live so far away and wasnt broke I would do the same.

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 06:05 AM
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.





that says it all.

Deronn
10-18-2005, 06:08 AM
Seems to me that a fan takes has to take the good with the bad. No team is perfect. Every team has it's scandals and idiots. Ours just hurts a little more than most because we aren't winning. No, I'm not saying all that has happened would be ok if the team had a winning record, but I bet it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is right now. That doesn't mean that I think it's right, just how I perceive it would be under different circumstances.

We are a fans of the team, not necessarily all the individuals on the team.There are the one's you like, and one's you dislike. Ones that give everything they have on every play, and those that go throught the motions to collect their paycheck. I've got some people at work like that , too and eventually the bad apples are weeded out. Players, coaches, etc will come and go. The fact that all that has gone on (poor play, boat cruise, etc. ) are not historically what the TEAM stands for is what keeps me a fan.

It looks like we've finally got a good owner who cares about the team and not the bottom line. It will take time to fix what has been simmering for quite a while now. Let's rally the troops, circle the wagons, do whatever it takes to watch each other's backs and protect or team while it works on healing itself.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
Go Vikes!

vikinggreg
10-18-2005, 06:08 AM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"SWAYZE74" wrote:

1) dont go and buy tickets...
2) dont get that jersey or other piece of merch...
3) dont call in to kfan supporting the vikes as some have suggested...

just to name a few ultra...hit'em where it hurts..the pocket book...i did the same thing to the cubs this year..im not gonna pay for garbage...

Once again, I DON'T THINK SO SCOOTER!

1. I bought 5 tix. I'm on eBay right now, looking for more
2. I own 12 jerseys. I going to buy a Phat Pat, T-Will or Smoot one.
3. I'll be drumming up all the support I can for the team & cheering them on at the dome this Sunday.



If I didnt live so far away and wasnt broke I would do the same.

If I could be there for Sundays game I would be off in a heart beat
and I'm not booing thats SSMMOOOOOOT

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 06:16 AM
I was thinking about the title of this thread (and the many others that preaching unity for our team).

Anyways, "This is when you need to be a fan"

I kinda disagree with this. Why? Because why is this time any different than say when we win? You should always be a fan no matter what. Not just rallying around the troops when things are tough.

I am no more nor no less of a fan now than I was 15 years ago. Each year it gets stronger, but at times like these this type of stuff does not test me at all. Pisses me off, but I am unwavering in my support for my (our) team.

This may sound really bad, but I am going to give it a shot.

It reminds me of after 9/11 a lot (I mean millions) of people went out to buy a flag. Now, this is not a bad thing at all....it was a good thing. I just wonder why these individuals did not fly a flag prior to the worst attack our nation has ever seen. I sure hope they supported our nation prior to 9/11. Before we had our house built I had asked for an American flag to adourn our home. I had it all wrapped-up waiting for the day when we moved out of the apartment into my own house. On Dec 25, 1999 we moved. Before anything went into the house, I pulled out my cordless drill and mounted the flag! Then we moved in.

God bless America and the Minnesota Vikings and their fans!

singersp
10-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Agree 100% Ultra. As I said on my first post;


The question of "need" to be a fan never enters my head. I am, I are & I always will be a Vikings fan. It doesn't matter how poorly they play or how well they play, I'm there routing for them 150%.

And on the very same flag pole I fly my Minnesota Vikings flag all season long!

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 06:28 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Agree 100% Ultra. As I said on my first post;


The question of "need" to be a fan never enters my head. I am, I are & I always will be a Vikings fan. It doesn't matter how poorly they play or how well they play, I'm there routing for them 150%.

And on the very same flag pole I fly my Minnesota Vikings flag all season long!

Nice! My Vikings flag flys next to Old Glory!

WBLVikeBabe
10-18-2005, 06:29 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I was thinking about the title of this thread (and the many others that preaching unity for our team).

Anyways, "This is when you need to be a fan"

I kinda disagree with this. Why? Because why is this time any different than say when we win? You should always be a fan no matter what. Not just rallying around the troops when things are tough.

I am no more nor no less of a fan now than I was 15 years ago. Each year it gets stronger, but at times like these this type of stuff does not test me at all. Pisses me off, but I am unwavering in my support for my (our) team.

This may sound really bad, but I am going to give it a shot.

It reminds me of after 9/11 a lot (I mean millions) of people went out to buy a flag. Now, this is not a bad thing at all....it was a good thing. I just wonder why these individuals did not fly a flag prior to the worst attack our nation has ever seen. I sure hope they supported our nation prior to 9/11. Before we had our house built I had asked for an American flag to adourn our home. I had it all wrapped-up waiting for the day when we moved out of the apartment into my own house. On Dec 25, 1999 we moved. Before anything went into the house, I pulled out my cordless drill and mounted the flag! Then we moved in.

God bless America and the Minnesota Vikings and their fans!

You know Ultra, you always have really good posts, but that one was amazing in my book!

SWAYZE74
10-18-2005, 07:37 AM
and if i remeber right...its a good thing to protest when the poo hits the fan...and right now its splattering all over the place..treat this team like a fish and gut it...

peace...

Del Rio
10-18-2005, 01:49 PM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

1) dont go and buy tickets...
2) dont get that jersey or other piece of merch...
3) dont call in to kfan supporting the vikes as some have suggested...

just to name a few ultra...hit'em where it hurts..the pocket book...i did the same thing to the cubs this year..im not gonna pay for garbage...

I respect that.

If you feel that way then you did the right thing. Not enough people put there money where their mouths are. They just bitch about it and do nothing. I even suggested someone take that action and they got offended.

That being said if your no cheering ass doesn't buy a ticket that free's up a seat for someone who will cheer their lungs out so it's double good.

You don't have to partake in the misery, and we don't have to carry your dead weight through the season.

snowinapril
10-18-2005, 03:14 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

No you can kick your friends sometimes they need it.

I heard Parcells say yesterday, that he wants to kick his young players.

So it has to be alright to kick your friends.

Del Rio
10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Let's see

Bill Parcells: Kicks his players..................


Mike Tice: Buys them flowers and candy........

snowinapril
10-18-2005, 03:23 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:


That being said if your no cheering jiggly butt doesn't buy a ticket that free's up a seat for someone who will cheer their lungs out so it's double good.

You don't have to partake in the misery, and we don't have to carry your dead weight through the season.

The sad part is that it hurts the other fans just as much or more than the team. With collective bargaining and all, ya when you stop supporting your team, it hurts slightly to your team. Good thing is the team is still geting revenue to built with. When you don't buy a ticket, or when enough people don't buy a ticket, the local people don't get to see the game on TV = blackout, if they wanted to watch the game, they should have gotten off the couch.

All I am saying is the teams are protected. Go ahead and do what you will if enough people do it, the attendance is about the only way to truly tell how the fans feel. I suppose they can track the sale of team merchandise.

Del Rio
10-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't feel he is hurting the team at all. There are more then enough fans who have the love for the team that they will always buy jerseys they will always watch the games they will always cheer on their team even if they win zero games.

The only thing he is doing is making himself feel better which is a good thing IMO good for fans that care about their team and good for him.

If eating a big mac makes your stomach hurt you should stop buying them. Make no mistake the lardy goodness that is a Big Mac will still go on. Removing yourself from the situation makes so much more sense then sitting there on a Mcdonalds web site bitching about the big mac, it only makes you look like a tool.

Mark_The_Viking
10-18-2005, 05:32 PM
It's what being a fan is all about. Support them when they are winning and then support them more when they aren't.

I love the vikes and though I'm dissapointed in the season so far, it ain't over yet and there is no fat lady in the wings.

C'mon you guys forget about who is and isn't playing well just make sure they know we are behind them all the way.

for what it counts Pep is having a bad season and it has nothing to do with players there or not there it's about him being human and that means fallible. I hope he pulls out of it soon but in seasons past he has contributed as much if not more tha :mad: n anyone and I'm not gonna start kicking him when he's down :mad:

Muggsy
10-18-2005, 05:44 PM
SWAYZE74 wrote:
ultra...so your all good with the team goin down the toilet and lettin tice get a pay check?...hmmm...im not...and if ya read my last post fully i told you to WAKE UP and basically take your blinders off...get that purple that everyone is bleeding out your eyes and actually see the problems goin on here...how is tice gonna control this team when he was the first person outted in a long list of off the field problems this year?

anarchy or truth? my blinders are off...

peace...

Well, SWAYZE74, you're just a different type of fan is all. I kind of prefer you throwing your verbal bombs to the passes Culpepper has been trying lately.

But, I am a fan, and will continue to support the Vikings, no strings attached. If that means I am asleep with blinders on, so be it, just like all those other people who have rooted continuously for poor teams all these years, like the Saints, Lions, Bears, Cardinals, etc. There is no real sense in being a fan. It comes from the heart. If you think you can make a difference in doing things like not buying tickets or merchandise, more power to you. But don't belittle me and others like me because I keep the faith. I see things just as clearly as you do. Only difference is, I know that I have no real control over what it will take to turn this team around, so I don't worry my pretty little head over it.

anarchy or truth? Well, your truth is how you see it, and that's not necessarily how it really is. You cheer your way, and I'll cheer mine.

SKOL, Vikings!

VKG4LFE
10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Time for me to order another vikings jersey!!

singersp
10-18-2005, 06:00 PM
The cheesedicks supported their team for the 30 year drought. I would like to see a lot more of our fans do the same!

VKG4LFE
10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Only we won't have a 30 year drought! That is next to impossible in today's NFL!

StillPurple
10-18-2005, 06:32 PM
As the name says, Still Purple...

We need to beat the Packers. I think we are going to put a big whooping on the Pack this Sunday. All the frustration is going to come out. It will get loud. You know and I know that we play a lot better in the Dome than outside it.

VKG4LFE
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
It better be loud in the dome, there's nothing better than a viking/packer game at the dome!!

SharperVikings
10-18-2005, 07:15 PM
this IS THE TIME when a true fan rises, and you find out really if you are a true fan or not! My friends all crapped out on the vikings, but no way am I doing that. I'm with them till the end!

SKOL VIKES!

sureban
10-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I have been a fanatic for the last 18 years; I wil not stop now.

Sincerely,
Mark.

ultravikingfan
10-21-2005, 10:06 PM
"sureban" wrote:

I have been a fanatic for the last 18 years; I wil not stop now.

Sincerely,
Mark.

18...that does not qualify you to be a true fan

JK! :lol:
(little jab in the ribs)

V4L
10-21-2005, 10:07 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"sureban" wrote:

I have been a fanatic for the last 18 years; I wil not stop now.

Sincerely,
Mark.

18...that does not qualify you to be a true fan

JK! :lol:
(little jab in the ribs)


:lol:

LosAngelis
10-22-2005, 02:20 AM
I am always amazed at how many people jump off the bandwagon.

I saw my first Packer game when Chester Marco lreturned his blocked kick for a game--winning TD, and I haven't wavered since. That was 1980, I think.

I hate it when Packer fans get all upset and write nasty letters into the paper claiming they will never waste a Sunday Afternoon again watching the Packers. Then, they jump right back on a couple weeks later.

I'm sure Minny has the same types in their midst.

I'm the same fan when we're 12-4 or 4-12.

Sometimes, I wonder why we allow these people to get back ON the bandwagon, eh?

singersp
10-22-2005, 02:28 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I am always amazed at how many people jump off the bandwagon. Sometimes, I wonder why we allow these people to get back ON the bandwagon, eh?

I shut the tailgate on some of them. But some of those buggers sure can jump!

Every team has there share. Minnesota is no exception! Not only the team, but players as well.