PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Press Post ( Rumors )

Vikesfreak81
10-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Here's the post I was talking about earlier

St. Paul Pioneer Press (Scroll Down) (registration required): "It the NFL will allow it, don't be surprised if Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, livid about the Lake Minnetonka escapade, doesn't release at least two participants soon... Some people wouldn't be surprised that if Daunte Culpepper falters in Chicago today, Arizona Cardinals coach Denny Green will try to trade for the Vikings quarterback before Tuesday's NFL deadline."

DaScRuM
10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
I would be absolutely SHOCKED if they traded Daunte. Who's gonna be the quarterback? Johnson ?---btw, who I have the greatest respect for. But, he isn't the answer. The biggest problem stems from the play of the offensive line---horrible. I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

I thought I heard Paul Allen say that sources tell him that Tice has become very depressed over the Vikings situation---the possibility of resignation is out there. Now, that one I believe.

Ltrey33
10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
"Vikesfreak81" wrote:

St. Paul Pioneer Press (Scroll Down) (registration required): "It the NFL will allow it, don't be surprised if Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, livid about the Lake Minnetonka escapade, doesn't release at least two participants soon... Some people wouldn't be surprised that if Daunte Culpepper falters in Chicago today, Arizona Cardinals coach Denny Green will try to trade for the Vikings quarterback before Tuesday's NFL deadline."

Not gonna happen. At this point, I hate to say I've lost faith in C-Pep, but I think I have. I might support a change, at least it would be something different. I don't know what to think, but I highly doubt they could pull off a trade/would actually pull the trigger on it.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 08:38 PM
"DaScRuM" wrote:

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if they traded Daunte. Who's gonna be the quarterback? Johnson ?---btw, who I have the greatest respect for. But, he isn't the answer. The biggest problem stems from the play of the offensive line---horrible. I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

I thought I heard Paul Allen say that sources tell him that Tice has become very depressed over the Vikings situation---the possibility of resignation is out there. Now, that one I believe.

I hate to say it, but Tice should have done(resigned) that when I was depressed about the Vikings situation last year.

As shocked as I was when they traded Moss? I don't think it would happen, but the unthinkable does happen once in a while.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 08:46 PM
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

That much cash invested in that long of a deal to the Cards? LMAO!~

I seriously wish they would get a little more variation in their stories lol. Green wants Bennett, Green wants Daunte, Green wants so and so........Cripes just have Green come back and coach the Vikings if he wants all our players lol.

That article isn't even a rumor it is a shot in the dark.

Freakout
10-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Matt Lienart come on down!

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 08:51 PM
The only way I think I would even consider trading Culpepper and bennett to the cards is if we get Larry Fitz and a first round draft pick and another draft pick later.

DCPologirl
10-17-2005, 09:59 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

The only way I think I would even consider trading Culpepper and bennett to the cards is if we get Larry Fitz and a first round draft pick and another draft pick later.

Dang guys how fickle are we? Seriously we think Daunte is the problem? Our pro-bowler quarterback? Getting rid of Daunte will not help anything. I will go out on a limb and say it will make things much much worse.

Gift
10-17-2005, 10:04 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Seriously we think Daunte is the problem? Our pro-bowler quarterback? Getting rid of Daunte will not help anything. I will go out on a limb and say it will make things much much worse.Umm, worse how? Not that I think trading daunte is the answer (may be/may not be) but what exactly can get worse?

Vikes
10-17-2005, 10:10 PM
That is a bunch of CRAP! You don't trade AWAY good NFL QB's. Not when you have nothing in the tank left. That writer is not serious.

To all the PEP haters please leave NOW. There is nothing wrong with PEP.

When we win the division please do not get back on the bus! It's already moved on!!!

PEP to the CARDS man it smells in here :violent1:

Vikes
10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
"Freakout" wrote:

Matt Lienart come on down!

Please Reggie Bush come on down.

SKOL
10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
"Vikesfreak81" wrote:

That sounds like one of Shooters columns, not real credible. Honestly, the problem isn't Daunte, it's a combination of the system and the offensive line. A lot of us were VERY upset last year when Scott Linehan made a lateral move to Miami. I'll blame it on cheap 'ol Red McCombs who wouldn't guarantee a few contracts.

VKG4LFE
10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
If we trade Daunte we can count on the #1 pick. He is not the entire problem, this is an entire team that is playing like garbage!

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Mabye we can draft another GEM like Williamson

Lets trade all our good players. This is a dumb post.

Trade M. Bennett and get a Centre or some OL help

TheViking
C-Pep is not going to be traded. Wilf will clean up this team this season and in the off-season we will bring in a new coaching staff and next year will be a good year. If we win 6 games this year it will be an accomplishment by these players. I'm not giving up on my team but I am excited to see the changes that will occur in the off-season. But until then it maybe a kick in the balls type season.

finnishvikingsfan
If Culpepper does go that is the season maybe even 2. I really dont think he will be traded. Rumors are just that rumors. No one takes them to serious when a big name player is involved.

TheViking
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Man get off of the Williamson is a bust kick. What league have you been watching all these years that makes you think a rookie is going to be a super star his first year? It takes time to adjust to this league give it up!

Webby
10-17-2005, 10:40 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Lets trade all our good players. This is a dumb post.

pot calling the kettle black.

You're a one note wonder around here lately.

I figure you do it to get a rise out of people, because otherwise...

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 11:49 PM
He already posted this exact same stuff here... :roll:

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14758

briboy75
10-18-2005, 12:00 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Dang guys how fickle are we? Seriously we think Daunte is the problem? Our pro-bowler quarterback? Getting rid of Daunte will not help anything. I will go out on a limb and say it will make things much much worse.

That would be like trading Randy all over again x 10... Alot of good that did*

*Sarcasm.

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 12:03 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

A lot of good that did indeed. I would take back Randy faking mooning Green Bay anyday. Our other players are so well behaved in comparison. And really....who cares?????

*Sarcasm.

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 12:08 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

A lot of good that did indeed. I would take back Randy faking mooning Green Bay anyday. Our other players are so well behaved in comparison. And really....who cares?????

*Sarcasm.

Hehee! Its funny when people add comments in the quote! :lol:

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 12:16 AM
LOL! I didn't mean to to that actually. I am new at this and I am not really sure how that happened. :oops:

tampaviking
10-18-2005, 12:49 AM
one bad year should never be a reason to trade a QB, the bucs have did it countless times, the qb's go elsewhere and have good careers. Dilfer won a SB, Vinny played 10 times better, doug williams and steve young. it's already been said about the coaching. Pep is the best QB the vikes have drafted since Tommy Kramer, last year is all the proof you need that he will be a HOF with great coaching. he will be a jedi knight again.

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 01:07 AM
"tampaviking" wrote:

one bad year should never be a reason to trade a QB, the bucs have did it countless times, the qb's go elsewhere and have good careers. Dilfer won a SB, Vinny played 10 times better, doug williams and steve young. it's already been said about the coaching. Pep is the best QB the vikes have drafted since Tommy Kramer, last year is all the proof you need that he will be a HOF with great coaching. he will be a jedi knight again.

Tampa Viking.......very well said! SKOL!

audioghost
10-18-2005, 01:36 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

That much cash invested in that long of a deal to the Cards? LMAO!~

I seriously wish they would get a little more variation in their stories lol. Green wants Bennett, Green wants Daunte, Green wants so and so........Cripes just have Green come back and coach the Vikings if he wants all our players lol.

That article isn't even a rumor it is a shot in the dark.

Del you hit it right on the head....Daunte is "the franchise" right now, and it would be incredibly idiotic to trade him after 6 games....who knows, he could come back and salvage the season....

Calmwind
10-18-2005, 01:39 AM
The prob is obviously the O-Line. Loney going to OC has screwed our O-Line. ANY QB will throw junk when tring to come from behind like we have ALL YEAR!! I think the O-LIne is halfa$$ing!! Evrytime we get in the red zone we get a false start followed by a holding. I also think they just stepped to the side on the FG try and didnt even try! FLame me for saying they sabotaged it all ya want! But we all know...it all starts up front....including in the office!!!

V4L
10-18-2005, 01:41 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.. That is BY WAY the dumbest rumor i've ever heard in my life.. First we trade Randy.. Then trade Daunte? Not happening.. Pep is the future for us right now.. Trade away our all pro QB haha..

NordicNed
10-18-2005, 01:57 AM
You must be smoking crack,...Thats all I can say at this time...

akvikefan89
10-18-2005, 02:13 AM
The next "big rumor" will be:

"Vikes and Cardinals to swap teams"

:lol:

PurplePackerEater
10-18-2005, 02:39 AM
At least trading away a good player that performing bad is better than trading away a good player that almost single handedly beat the Packers, in Green Bay, in the Playoffs, in January.

PurplePackerEater
10-18-2005, 02:41 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/6vike0110.jpg

Mr. Purple
10-18-2005, 02:55 AM
If we traded culpepper ( which we wont, becuz i dont think zigy is a retard/money hungry/a-Hole like red was...I cant even begin to say how much anger i would have for this team...its not happening black and white take it to the bank.

Take that however you want, but dont say "oh are you a culpepper fan or a viking fan?" no its becuz I dont give up on my qb the second he has some bad games!

collegeguyjeff
10-18-2005, 05:48 AM
well they arn't gonna trade culpepper, the media is just trying to cause trouble and shake things up and make more lies. culpepper has had only 2 good years since we drafted him and he got 8 mil more a year now and he has done nothing, if they can get enough value for him i'd trade him why not?