PDA

View Full Version : WILLIAMSON IS A BUST

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
NO JOKE - WHERE IS THE SPEED

EVERY TIME WE THROW TO HIM - ITS NEARLY PICKED OFF. THIS GUY DOESNT KNOW HOW TO POSITION HIMSELF WHEN THE BALL COMES.

WE NEED A MOSS LIKE (BASKETBALL TYPE QUALITIES) PLAYER.

REMEMBER - MOSS MADE CULPEPPER LOOK GOOD ON HIS THROWS. IF THEY WERE OFF HE WOULD ADJUST TO THE BALL.

WILLIAMSON DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHEN THE BALL IS GOING TO BE THERE AND CANT ADJUST TO DEFEND OR BAT THE BALL DOWN TO PREVENT A PICK.

WE ARE 1 GAME OUT OF FIRST. SO ITS NOT OVER BUT IT FEELS LIKE IT.

vikefan in WI
10-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Give him some time, he needs to adjust to the speed of the game. Moss is a freak of nature, it is unfair to compare anyone to him.

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Its only his first year in the leauge he is adjusting to nfl speed. I think he is doing pretty good. You havent even gave him a chance to show case himself.

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes he needs time but he is the 7th pick in the draft - Not the 20th.

Whats up with Erasmus James - Is injuring Vick his claim to fame.

WBLVikeBabe
10-17-2005, 06:37 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

EVERY TIME WE THROW TO HIM - ITS NEARLY PICKED OFF. THIS GUY DOESNT KNOW HOW TO POSITION HIMSELF WHEN THE BALL COMES.

REMEMBER - MOSS MADE CULPEPPER LOOK GOOD ON HIS THROWS. IF THEY WERE OFF HE WOULD ADJUST TO THE BALL.

WILLIAMSON DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHEN THE BALL IS GOING TO BE THERE AND CANT ADJUST TO DEFEND OR BAT THE BALL DOWN TO PREVENT A PICK.

Oh here we go again....

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 06:39 PM
I think your a bust.

williamson is more then fine, oh wait he dosnt have 450 yards-5 td's so far......BECUZ ITS HIS FIRST YEAR IN THE N-F-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lord forbid he has a normal rookie like year.

WinonaVike
10-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Wow the kids played five games, scored a couple touchdowns, and looked pretty good from what ive seen and your calling him a bust? i guess if thats your def, but then i dont knwo wut you would call Mike Williams...major bust i guess??? Wut abotu Braylon his stats arent much better than T-Wills

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Listen buddy. I have been a fan since 1988 - About that time you were drinking breastmilk.

Williamson is not doing good enough for the 7th overall pick. That's all im saying. Hope he turns it around.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 06:46 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

You are an idi0t, he has played better than Mike Williams who is considered so slow that people think he should be moved to a TE.

And quit using CAPITAL letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And had the exact same stats as Braylon Edwards through 4 games except Troy had 1 more TD you dumb*ss!

Sorry, but I have enough of newbies come on here because we are not playing well, to vent their stupid opinions! Why don't you try and actually have a post that makes some since, or just go away and do not bother coming back!

michaelmazid
10-17-2005, 06:48 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Listen buddy. I have been a fan since 1988 - About that time you were drinking breastmilk.

Williamson is not doing good enough for the 7th overall pick. That's all im saying. Hope he turns it around.

I agree with you in that statement. He looks really small out there on the field. I dont think he is 6'1. He seems more like 5'11 or so but I do think that Daunte like big recievers like Moss and Marcus Robinson. than again, who doesn't?

happy camper
10-17-2005, 06:49 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

his speed? nearly picked off?

dude, go back and watch that game. daunte was underthrowing the deep balls to williamson. (except the one in the endzone that daunte overthrew) and williamson had his defender BEAT when daunte overthrew the ball. so that means williamson had his speed.

oh and by the way, williamson had more catches, yards, average per catch, TD's and Longest Catch, than Mike Williams and williamson also beats braylon edwards in almost every category too. (braylon has a higher average and the longest pass caught)

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 06:50 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Listen pinhead i have been a fan since 1968 and you where probably playing with your own Pooh yet! Braylon Edwards was the top wide receiver taken and his numbers are not as good as Williamson.

So shut up and go away you pin-headed d*ck!

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 06:52 PM
I thought he put a good move on the DB and he would have had a TD on that play but DC over threw him by 7 yds. It was a TD wating to happen and would have added like 30 yds on to his yardage totals for yesterday.

He is doing well condsidering how inconsistant the offense has had it this year.

happy camper
10-17-2005, 06:55 PM
oh, and not playing well enough for 7th overall pick?

give me a break.

1rst pick - alex smith - played one game. threw four interceptions
2nd pick - ronnie brown - coming along slowly. had a couple good games.
3rd pick - braylon edwards - williamson has more catches and TDs
4th pick - cedric benson - held out. hasnt been a factor at all yet
5th pick -carnell williams - awesome so far. nothing wrong here.
6th pick - pacman jones - held out, is an ass, mainly a nonfactor so far
7th pick - troy williamson - 13 catches, 201 yrds, and 2 TD's

as you see, if you go PURELY by play so far.. out of the top 7 picks.. id rank williamson 2nd so far under cadillac williams. because thats what you said, not playing good enough as the 7th overall.

ADubya26
10-17-2005, 06:58 PM
No, Culpepper is a bust.

By the way, Williamson burned his guy for an easy six in the corner of the endzone yesterday but Culpepper overthrew him by 5 yards.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 06:58 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"TMAC604" wrote:

I agree with you in that statement. He looks really small out there on the field. I dont think he is 6'1. He seems more like 5'11 or so but I do think that Daunte like big recievers like Moss and Marcus Robinson. than again, who doesn't?

DC isn't looking like a 1st round pick this year either. Not coming down on DC but he just isn't playing well this season yet.

T-Will is the second leading WR on the team 13 rec for 201 yards and 2 TDs. He is averaging 15.5 yds per catch. Not bad for someone that was suppose to slowly work in this year.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Plus C-pep under through him on a play he was wide open on that should have gone for 35 to 40 yards!

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 07:04 PM
I AM USING CAPITALS CAUSE IM SCREAMING OUT THIS COMMENT BUDDY.

He does look smaller then listed.

And like I said earlier - I have been a fan since 1988 (The days of Millard, Doleman, Studwell,Browner and Carl Lee.) So dont call me a newbee. Just cause I havent been on these forums doesnt mean I havent been around.

Grassdog61
10-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Troy is not a bust - his stats aren't bad and he's still developing. On that deep pattern in the first half, anyone see how Troy had his man beat to the inside and C-Pep throws it to the outside? At least Troy made the effort to adjust to the flight of the ball and fight for position so the defender didn't get an easy pick. As it turned out, it was almost a pick anyway.

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes he underthrew him but the guy doesnt even turn his head or make adjustments for the ball. He expects it to land in his hands.

I hope he turns it around. We are 1 game out of first. I havent given up this year.

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 07:08 PM
it's not an uncommon sight for a rookie to struggle the first part of the season then begin to excel towards the end of the season. to say williamson or james is a bust at this point is premature.

Jviking
10-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Williamson looks like hes a rookie, and he is. He will be fine.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 07:23 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

And like I said earlier - I have been a fan since 1988 (The days of Millard, Doleman, Studwell,Browner and Carl Lee.) So dont call me a newbee. Just cause I havent been on these forums doesnt mean I havent been around.

Well I was a fan the first time they had Tarkenton! And I think you are an idi0t!!!!

If you want to start calling out busts and you started with guys like EJ, DT and Raonall!! Then I might have thought you had a couple of brain cells, but you do not so shut up!

And quit yelling at us you NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 07:25 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

I met him in person, and he is not under 6 feet!!!!! He is young and has not filled out yet, but he will give him sometime!

shawn
10-17-2005, 07:25 PM
While I dont think that Williamson is a bust I do have another observation to make. I am a "newbie" which doesnt automatically mean you know nothing about football but........even more importanly.......we are all diehard vikings fans. It is sad how it was all about "purple brothers and sisters" before the season. I have been bouncing around different threads today and there are heated arguements on most. I think that the frustration we all feel is pretty obvious but remember, we are all on this ship together. They just need to win some dang games!!! There are way more than one or two things wrong with this team and the only things that will fix it is the offseason.

thepacksux
10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
as far as the eraser's play goes, he is not going to do much playing end in a 3-4 like we saw a lot of yesterday. i wouldnt mind seeing him play outside linebacker in that defense, but i guess its hard not to use johnstone there.

VKG4LFE
10-17-2005, 07:31 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

oh, and not playing well enough for 7th overall pick?

give me a break.

1rst pick - alex smith - played one game. threw four interceptions
2nd pick - ronnie brown - coming along slowly. had a couple good games.
3rd pick - braylon edwards - williamson has more catches and TDs
4th pick - cedric benson - held out. hasnt been a factor at all yet
5th pick -carnell williams - awesome so far. nothing wrong here.
6th pick - pacman jones - held out, is an jiggly butt, mainly a nonfactor so far
7th pick - troy williamson - 13 catches, 201 yrds, and 2 TD's

as you see, if you go PURELY by play so far.. out of the top 7 picks.. id rank williamson 2nd so far under cadillac williams. because thats what you said, not playing good enough as the 7th overall.

Please play Smith the rest of the year so someone throws more INTs than Daunte!

Webby
10-17-2005, 07:32 PM
relax folks...two of the more "awnry" folks going at it in this thread should chill a bit.

Have a sip of some PPO beer. Its a long season.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
"shawn" wrote:

While I dont think that Williamson is a bust I do have another observation to make. I am a "newbie" which doesnt automatically mean you know nothing about football but........even more importanly.......we are all diehard vikings fans. It is sad how it was all about "purple brothers and sisters" before the season. I have been bouncing around different threads today and there are heated arguements on most. I think that the frustration we all feel is pretty obvious but remember, we are all on this ship together. They just need to win some dang games!!! There are way more than one or two things wrong with this team and the only things that will fix it is the offseason.

I look at people that start on here to see what they know, and how they express themselves!!!

And from this post I respect the way you have started out!!

I do not respect newbies that come on after 5 tough weeks, and start out their 1st few posts thinking that everybody on here should agree with their idiottic posts!!!

that people that have been discussing this year Vikings since before the draft should just to listen to them, and that they are football gods!

To them, kiss my *ss and go away, or shut up!!!! I do not care which!!!!!!!!

Purplefeet
10-17-2005, 07:47 PM
He will be fine just needs a year to learn. He came in to Minnesota and people expect Moss like plays. There are burners in every draft, how many put up Moss like numbers....none.

As others have said, Moss is a freak of nature and possible the most gifted deep receiver the game has ever seen. I have never seen anyone able to run full speed, not break stride and time his jump perfectly to take the high, deep throw down. Then he lands, still running full speed and goes in. Other receivers can jump, others can run but I've not seen anyone close to Moss going both. Completely undefensible.

WinonaVike
10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Sorry TMAC I didnt realize that being only 19 I couldnt present an educated opinion. Just saying I thought Williamson has played well, and thought it wrong, with all the problems to pinpoint a rookie. And by the way when i was sucking breastmilk i was wearing purple and gold :)

shockzilla
10-17-2005, 08:03 PM
"Purplefeet" wrote:

He will be fine just needs a year to learn. He came in to Minnesota and people expect Moss like plays. There are burners in every draft, how many put up Moss like numbers....none.

As others have said, Moss is a freak of nature and possible the most gifted deep receiver the game has ever seen. I have never seen anyone able to run full speed, not break stride and time his jump perfectly to take the high, deep throw down. Then he lands, still running full speed and goes in. Other receivers can jump, others can run but I've not seen anyone close to Moss going both. Completely undefensible.

Nice post - good explanation of your thoughts and you make sense. That's how to do it, newbs!!!

bleedpurple27
10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Great info Happy camper..I was going to say that exact thing..nobody is really doing great from the top 7 picks except C. Williams....Williamson is about what I expected so far. All you people that keep bringing up Moss and what a terrible trade and how much he did for Culpepper..Moss will make any QB look good......did you not watch the last 5-6 seasons? We didn't do jack when he WAS here...I don't see him making a HUGE difference in Oakland. Yea he'd get 10-15 TD's a year....so what? Does anyone really think we'd have a different record if he was still here? Because if he was here...P.williams, F. Smoot, Sharper, Williamson, probably would not be here and we'd have an even worse D. I'll take an improved defense, maybe even a good defence eventually, over Moss. Troy is not Moss...never has been...never will be....but then again...who is?

CanadaViking
10-17-2005, 08:43 PM
First off TMac, Troy is NOT a bust and for you to say that shows me that your football knowledge is fundamental at best. Rookie receivers rarely make an impact, and to be honest in my opinion TWill has performed just about as well as I expected. Granted what I expect and what another fan expect could be different, I think you are grasping at straws on this one though.

You seem to be the type to just start something and sit at your lonely little desk and laugh when you get some very true fans upset over you moronic comments

Sorry to be honest with you, but your initial post was not bright and your responses are even dumber, you have been a fan since 1988, well geez you must be a guru!

Cheers!!

Ltrey33
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"TMAC604" wrote:

Oh here we go again....

Yup....:roll:

T-Will has played 5 games, of which he's one of the top rookie recievers in the league. Give the guy some time for goodness sakes!

FuadFan
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah if Williamson is a bust then every wideout drafted in the 1st round is a bust to because Troy is playing better then the lot of them.

Caine
10-17-2005, 08:59 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Let me send some of that right back at you.

"I've been a fan since 1966...before you were a glimmer in your Dad's eye."
See how lame this sounds? Length of time as a fan has no bearing on your intelligence or knowledge of the current team and situation.

Williamson is a ROOKIE, and it takes TIME to develop a rookie receiver. After 5 games, I'm suprised he's played as much as he has. PLUS, how is he supposed to shine when Culpeppper is throwing short to Wiggins or Moore all the time?

Caine

Big C
10-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Troy is not a bust. He needs time to adjust and what not.

However I do agree with TMac on one thing. Where is the speed? At the rate we were making noise about his speed, I expected him to burn a few corners by now. However, I haven't seen such a play. Even the long balls thrown to him that he catches, he is just barely a step ahead of the CB. Is is that Dante doesn't see him when beats the DB so it never gets caught on camera? Or is Dante not throwing it long enough? In weekly highlight reels I see WRs on other teams just blowing by CBs and I keep thinking that was kind of what we expected from Troy. Well, yesterday he actually blew by a CB when we were in the red-zone - Culpepper just over threw the ball (no touch).

Once again, he is NOT a bust. None of the 1st round WRs this year is making any headlines. But I was and still am (unfairly) expecting more out of him just because he was #7 overall.

fred3105
10-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I dont think Williamson is a bust and I think the orginal poster is a moron but stop comparing Williamson to Edwards stat wise. Braylon Edwards hasnt played in the last 3 weeks because of some weird elbow infection that is why Williamson's stats are better.

Hawgski
10-17-2005, 09:08 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"TMAC604" wrote:

Let me send some of that right back at you.

"I've been a fan since 1966...before you were a glimmer in your Dad's eye."
See how lame this sounds? Length of time as a fan has no bearing on your intelligence or knowledge of the current team and situation.

Williamson is a ROOKIE, and it takes TIME to develop a rookie receiver. After 5 games, I'm suprised he's played as much as he has. PLUS, how is he supposed to shine when Culpeppper is throwing short to Wiggins or Moore all the time?

Caine

In addition, the comment was made earlier...he expects to see the ball land right in his hands..., well he SHOULD EXPECT THAT! I feel that Troy is developing very well, he is going to be an asset to this team! The interception that was returned to the 2 yd line, TW shook the coverage and then the ball was thrown behind him, he was wide open in the end-zone and the pass was WAY overthrown.

He has, without a doubt, been the best receiver in this draft class so far.

DEFINITION OF A BUST....Demitrius Underwood :pottytrain5:

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
"fred3105" wrote:

I dont think Williamson is a bust and I think the orginal poster is a silly guy but stop comparing Williamson to Edwards stat wise. Braylon Edwards hasnt played in the last 3 weeks because of some weird elbow infection that is why Williamson's stats are better.

Staff infection, very serious, takes a long time to get over.

fred3105
10-17-2005, 09:18 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"fred3105" wrote:

I dont think Williamson is a bust and I think the orginal poster is a silly guy but stop comparing Williamson to Edwards stat wise. Braylon Edwards hasnt played in the last 3 weeks because of some weird elbow infection that is why Williamson's stats are better.

Staff infection, very serious, takes a long time to get over.

According to ESPN the infection has not been identified as Staph infection, although he expect out 4-6weeks still.

SharperVikings
10-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I think your a bust.
Totally agree with this! You need to lighten up! Give him some time! Also, if culpepper thru the ball on target, the pass wouldnt be intercepted, he is almost always one step ahead of the corner!

audioghost
10-17-2005, 09:22 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Dude, your favorite player is Keith Millard...talk about a bust....had 2 good years and fizzled out! Give the kid a chance...Daunte's throwing him sharty throws...very un-Daunte like! But calling Williamson a bust after 6 days is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard of! Brett Favre was a bust in his first game, he was 0 for 5 with 2 INTS before getting yanked, he was traded, and LOOK AT HIM NOW! Cris Carter was a 'bust', until he got traded to the Vikes and LOOK AT HIM NOW! 2 future pro bowlers there, keep your premature comments to yourself....!

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
THE BOTTOM LINE IS I CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT. I USED TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR THE VIKES BUT OVER THE YEARS I HAVE BECOME MORE OF A REALIST.

AND THIS IS WHAT IS SEE (THIS IS MY OPINION - U DONT HAVE TO AGREE)

T WILLIAMSON - NOT MADE OUT TO BE - OVERRATED
O LINE - SEEM TO BE GETTING BETTER - STILL A WAY TO GO
M. BENNETT - WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS GUY BEEN
N. HARRIS - OVERHYPED
P. WILLIAMS - VERY GOOD PICKUP - ONE OF THE BEST D PLAYERS THIS YEAR FOR US
F. SMOOT - GOOD - WILL BET BETTER
D. SHARPER - HOPEFULLY HE CAN STAY HEALTHY
S. COWART - HAVENT MADE UP MY MIND YET
T. TAYLOR - ABOUT WHAT I EXPECTED
N. BURLESON - WE NEED THIS GUY

THIS HAS BEEN A DISAPOINTING YEAR SO FAR. WITH ALL THE SHIT THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS YEAR - WE ARE STILL ONE GAME OUT OF FIRST.

AND NO - IM NOT THE TYPE TO SIT BACK AND READ THE POSTS AND LAUGH. IM PISSED OFF LIKE ALL OF US.

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 09:30 PM
DONT EVEN FUCKEN GO THERE BUDDY

KEITH MILLARD - NFL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN 89
AND ALSO HAD A FEW GOOD YEARS.

IF HE DIDNT BLOW OUT HIS KNEE AGAINST TAMPA BAY HE WOULD HAVE GONE DOWN AS THE BEST DTACKLE IN THE GAME

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 09:37 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

THE BOTTOM LINE IS I CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT. I USED TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR THE VIKES BUT OVER THE YEARS I HAVE BECOME MORE OF A REALIST.

AND THIS IS WHAT IS SEE (THIS IS MY OPINION - U DONT HAVE TO AGREE)

T WILLIAMSON - NOT MADE OUT TO BE - OVERRATED
O LINE - SEEM TO BE GETTING BETTER - STILL A WAY TO GO
M. BENNETT - WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS GUY BEEN
N. HARRIS - OVERHYPED
P. WILLIAMS - VERY GOOD PICKUP - ONE OF THE BEST D PLAYERS THIS YEAR FOR US
F. SMOOT - GOOD - WILL BET BETTER
D. SHARPER - HOPEFULLY HE CAN STAY HEALTHY
S. COWART - HAVENT MADE UP MY MIND YET
T. TAYLOR - ABOUT WHAT I EXPECTED
N. BURLESON - WE NEED THIS GUY

THIS HAS BEEN A DISAPOINTING YEAR SO FAR. WITH ALL THE pooh THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS YEAR - WE ARE STILL ONE GAME OUT OF FIRST.

AND NO - IM NOT THE TYPE TO SIT BACK AND READ THE POSTS AND LAUGH. IM PISSED OFF LIKE ALL OF US.

Stop yelling at us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't know it if you saw it, twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bleedpurple27
10-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey TMAC....Maybe you could use bigger font in your posts...I'm having a hard time reading them.

Side note..I deer hunt with Keith Millard and his uncle in Medford WI. I don't know him real well, as we hunt with 30 people...I try to be "cool" and pretend like it's no big deal.....but inside I want to run up to him and lick his boots...lol

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Doesnt Millard coach somewhere?

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll stop yelling. Funny thing is that we are all here for the same purpose and if someone voices a negative opinion they get carved up.

Wish these forums could be face to face. Lots of these fellows would be talking this big.

I hope Troy catched a 80 yard TD next week and burns the Pack so I can be proven wrong.

bleedpurple27
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
He coaches the raiders D line...last I heard.

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll stop yelling. Funny thing is that we are all here for the same purpose and if someone voices a negative opinion they get carved up.

Wish these forums could be face to face. Lots of these fellows WOULDN'T be talking this big.

I hope Troy catched a 80 yard TD next week and burns the Pack so I can be proven wrong.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 09:50 PM
God I wish it was face to face.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 09:50 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Wish these forums could be face to face. Lots of these fellows would be talking this big.

Oh no, you are scaring me!! Oh my god in person he might beat me up!!

I would tell you exactly what I told you, and I would would have also told you to stop yelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, in person or on this board my opinion of you is the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Keep talking buddy. You might be the one getting whacked.

TheViking
10-17-2005, 09:53 PM
How can any rookie in the NFL be considered a bust in their first year? You need to wait at least 2 if not 3 years to find out what you really have. He has played well and is learning the game. He may be a bust but we wont know until he has had time to develop into a true starting WR. Give the guy some time. Even great players sucked their rookie year.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 09:56 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Did Tracy Mcgrady just offer to manually service Whack the Pack?

AWESOME.

OMG I DIDN'T POST IN ALL CAPS LIKE AN ASSHOLE, PEOPLE MAY NOT GET WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fred3105
10-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I CANT UNDERSTAND YOU DEL RIO

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 09:58 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Oh my god, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a big man behind that computer screen! Little weasel!!!!!!!!!!

You probably still suck at your mothers tit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many do dogs have?

Vikes
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
He is a Rookie.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 10:06 PM
"fred3105" wrote:

OH I WAS TRYING TO SAY IS THIS POST IS SO FUCKING STUPID IT SHOULD BE LOCKED. NOT BECAUSE IT IS A NEGATIVE OPINION BUT BECAUSE IT IS SO RETARDED THAT IT MAKES MY EYES BLEED, NEGATIVITY IS TOLERATED BUT BEING AN IDIOT IS FROWNED UPON.

NOW I HAVE TO GO SHIT, ON GOVERNMENT TIME. EXCUSE ME GENTLEMEN.

fred3105
10-17-2005, 10:13 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"fred3105" wrote:

OH I WAS TRYING TO SAY IS THIS POST IS SO fricken STUPID IT SHOULD BE LOCKED. NOT BECAUSE IT IS A NEGATIVE OPINION BUT BECAUSE IT IS SO RETARDED THAT IT MAKES MY EYES BLEED, NEGATIVITY IS TOLERATED BUT BEING AN IDIOT IS FROWNED UPON.

NOW I HAVE TO GO pooh, ON GOVERNMENT TIME. EXCUSE ME GENTLEMEN. I concur

CanadaViking
10-17-2005, 10:22 PM
TMac you are the biggest loser that I have encountered on this site, but like most idiots that sneak their way on here, you'll be locked out soon, I read the future!

Adios Dumb Ass!!

Cheers!

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow. That hurts coming from a fellow Canadian. Probably a result of living in Winnepeg. Nothing to do there.

I am confused. Is what I'm saying so FUCKEN bad. Williamson is not the deep threat he has been made out to be. I hope he proves me wrong.

Let him run down the field all day. Maybe he will pull the safety coverage with him and open up the run a bit.

LuckyVike
10-17-2005, 10:32 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Just shut up fool... :roll:

CanadaViking
10-17-2005, 10:38 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Wow. That hurts coming from a fellow Canadian. Probably a result of living in Winnepeg. Nothing to do there.

I am confused. Is what I'm saying so fricken bad. Williamson is not the deep threat he has been made out to be. I hope he proves me wrong.

Let him run down the field all day. Maybe he will pull the safety coverage with him and open up the run a bit.

To everyone here on this message board I apologize terribly for this behaviour, as all Canadians are not dumb, unfortunately a few dumb dumbs seep throught the cracks! And if you are a fellow Canadian, please do not tell anyone else as you are going to make the Canadian Viking Brethern upset, because for the most part we are respectable posters with some integrit, which is not something I can say for you!!

To go and threaten people on a message board, is quite immature and totally uncalled for. You make a stupid thread and everyone on here knows it but you, if you are out of your anti-depressent drugs, go get another dose and stop embarrassing me and the rest of the Canadian Vikes fans. Like I said before I have never read such unfounded, uneducated, unknowledgeable, and down right ignorant posts!!

One can only imagine what part of Canada you are from, tough guy!!!

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 10:41 PM
THE THREAD ISN'T STUPID. WILLIAMSON WAS OVERHYPED

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Here are the stats for the first 5 games of the season. Both teams are 1 - 4!

Troy Williamson 13 catches - 201 yards - 2 TDS

Randy Moss 19 Catches - 466 yards - 2 TDs

Randy Moss 26 catches - 394 yards - 8 TDs

Ranyd Moss 36 Catches - 515 - Yards - 6 TDs

One thing to remember, when Randy came in 1998 he had Cris Carter and Jake Reed to take pressure off him, and an established offense. A great O line and Randal Cunningham had a great year and Robert Smith for defenses to worry about!

A big difference to what Troy Williamson is seeing from this team and what he is playing with!!!!

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, but we all know this is not Williamson's fault...he's young and has tons of potential!
Leave him out of this blame thing and look to where the real problems exist.
Another Canadian Viking fan...since 1976!

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, but we all know this is not Williamson's fault...he's young and has tons of potential!
Leave him out of this blame thing and look to where the real problems exist.
Another Canadian Viking fan...since 1976!

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 10:51 PM
It's obvious that Williamson's situation isn't the best for him. All I am saying is that I don't think he is as good as the Vikings made him out to be. Thats why is was rated as a mid to late round pick.

TMAC604
It's obvious that Williamson's situation isn't the best for him. All I am saying is that I don't think he is as good as the Vikings made him out to be. Thats why is was rated as a mid to late round pick.

Del Rio
"TMAC604" wrote:

How hyped was he? Honestly?

Was he more overhyped then Smoot?
Was he more overhyped then E. James?

Who would you have suggested to come in here and instantly succeed on a team with no idenity? Who available at #7 would have made all the difference and put this on his shoulders and carry us?

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 10:52 PM

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 10:57 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Randy Moss 19 Catches - 466 yards - 2 TDs

I just had to add this.

25 yards per catch - that is pretty good.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Ok Williamson is not as good as the Vikings rated him.

So how is he a bust? "WILLIAMSON IS A BUST"

You know who I would say is underachieving would be our de that should be starting but for some reason is not. He is a waste of a roster spot ATM, not saying he wont get better but he isn't doing much for us now.

TMAC604
10-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Williamson was their guy and Matt Birk was one of the team leaders. I hope he becomes what they envisioned. Matt Birk on the other hand showed his true colors this offseason.

Derrick Johnson was available at number 7. Everybody knew he was a player

PurplePeopleEaters
10-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Williamson is in no way a bust. He has showed tons of potential so far this year and WILL be a good player in the NFL. No doubt about that.

midgensa
10-17-2005, 11:12 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Yeah you are right, because all those Hall of Fame seventh picks that have been out there like Todd Blackledge, Ricky Hunley, Ken Ruettgers, Brian Jozwiak, Reggie Rogers, Tim Worley, Andre Ware, Charles Mccrae, Mike Mamula, Curtis Conway, Ike Hilliard, Kyle Turley, Thomas Jones, Andre Carter and Bryant "Can block well in college" McKinnie ... hell, those are only since 1982 also.
The only studs ever taken in this spot are Sterling Sharpe (not a HOFer), Troy Vincent (Not a HOFer), Bryant Young (Not a HOFer), Champ Bailey (fringe maybe), and Roy Williams.
And Only Sharpe and Williams had numbers close to what Williamson is on pace to put up. Do some research or shut your ignorant trap.

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 11:13 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Williamson is in no way a bust. He has showed tons of potential so far this year and WILL be a good player in the NFL. No doubt about that.

This is exactly my sentiment! These losses are not Troy's fault...he'll be a really good football player for the Vikes...once the Vikes become a better team!

thepacksux
10-17-2005, 11:16 PM
its too early to tell either way IMO, as del said we should be a little more concerned with the erasers play so far

LuckyVike
10-17-2005, 11:20 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"TMAC604" wrote:

Yeah you are right, because all those Hall of Fame seventh picks that have been out there like Todd Blackledge, Ricky Hunley, Ken Ruettgers, Brian Jozwiak, Reggie Rogers, Tim Worley, Andre Ware, Charles Mccrae, Mike Mamula, Curtis Conway, Ike Hilliard, Kyle Turley, Thomas Jones, Andre Carter and Bryant "Can block well in college" McKinnie ... hell, those are only since 1982 also.
The only studs ever taken in this spot are Sterling Sharpe (not a HOFer), Troy Vincent (Not a HOFer), Bryant Young (Not a HOFer), Champ Bailey (fringe maybe), and Roy Williams.
And Only Sharpe and Williams had numbers close to what Williamson is on pace to put up. Do some research or shut your ignorant trap.

OWNED!!!!!

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 11:20 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Williamson was their guy and Matt Birk was one of the team leaders. I hope he becomes what they envisioned. Matt Birk on the other hand showed his true colors this offseason.

The thing is this. We didn't need Johnson. We have two young guys who are learning and growing and continuing to make plays. We picked up Harris, we have Newman.

See this is the thing T-MAC, you are mad Moss is gone. That's it. You attack Birk because he hurt your feelings when he called Moss out on what he is. You are blaming Williamson because he was supposed to "replace" Moss. It's so painfully obvious. Over half the gripes with Williamson have been Moss related. When you add Birk into the equation you are just pissing around the electric fence. You know if you said what you really wanted to say (piss ON the fence) you would NEVER hear the end of it.

There is no quick fix, Williamson is no exception. To ride someone off so soon shows a lack of either severe impatience or a previously accepted reality. You have always felt that people thought T-Will was a replacement for Moss, in feeling that way I can say nothing he will do this year will justify the pick in your eyes.

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 11:25 PM
I'll say this...Troy Williamson can spread the field in Madden '06 and can he ever snag the ball...he is a difference maker in a video game and he will be a solid player for the Vikes...he is suffering from the same problem as all offensive players - this system is not working!

akvikefan89
10-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Williamson is not a bust. No more to say.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Williamson had nothing to do with the Moss trade!!!!!!!

He was not on the Vikes, he was not part of the front office, he is not Tice and he is not Red!!

To blame him for Randy being gone or say that his production is not the same as Randy's is ludicrous!!!!!

For you people that can not get over Randy being gone our troubles are not just because he is not here. I think Linehan was a bigger loss, and has impacted us more! And Matt Birk not being at center and calling the blocking assignments, and David Dixon not being at right guard is affecting this team more than the loss of Randy!!!!!!!!!!!

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 11:32 PM
You go whack!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Troy is one of the best people on the vikes right now. It's just good that we have him to bring along rather than having nothing to look forward to while we are so bad. He will be a premier reciever. Mark my words.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 11:34 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

OWNED!!!!!

I remember seeing this somewhere recently.

LMAO

Where oh where did Favre>DC go? To Troll Hell I hope.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"TMAC604" wrote:

OWNED!!!!!

Owned is not an expression we like to use on this board!! Otherwise every thread come down to somebody claiming they own so and so. And so and so claiming they do not!

ultravikingfan
"TMAC604" wrote:

That is so funny. ...

And 1998, you shoul've never played that card slim. 1974 here.

"TMAC604" wrote:

No, 60% of the posts here are stupid.

Next post in all caps gets nixed. :wink:

"webmaster" wrote:

relax folks...two of the more "awnry" folks going at it in this thread should chill a bit.

Have a sip of some PPO beer. Its a long season.

Agreed. Plenty to go around for all of you!

midgensa
"whackthepack" wrote:

Williamson had nothing to do with the Moss trade!!!!!!!

He was not on the Vikes, he was not part of the front office, he is not Tice and he is not Red!!

To blame him for Randy being gone or say that his production is not the same as Randy's is ludicrous!!!!!

For you people that can not get over Randy being gone our troubles are not just because he is not here. I think Linehan was a bigger loss, and has impacted us more! And Matt Birk not being at center and calling the blocking assignments, and David Dixon not being at right guard is affecting this team more than the loss of Randy!!!!!!!!!!!

We have done just fine without Birk before and Birk is the reason he is not here. I am upset with Birk for not playing, but I understand his and the organization's decision here. We are hurting by the loss of Birk AND Dixon and definitely the loss of Moss does not help.
But you are right WILLIAMSON HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MOSS. This poor kid will always have to live with this and it sucks. He has looked stellar at times and would have 3 touchdowns if Daunte stopped trying to baby every pass.
Considering how awful the offense has been, his numbers are extremely good for someone who really got no PT until the end of a week two blowout.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I owned whack for a while. I tried to return him to Wal-mart and they said no so I sold him at a garage sale.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v509/DeckTyrant/th_dropkickn00b.gif

vikings_fan66
10-17-2005, 11:39 PM
I could be mistaken but i remember reading that williamson leads all rookie WR's in receiving yards

midgensa
10-17-2005, 11:40 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"TMAC604" wrote:

OWNED!!!!!

Owned is not an expression we like to use on this board!! Otherwise every thread come down to somebody claiming they own so and so. And so and so claiming they do not!

Hey, I didn't use it, but if someone gives me the credit I will take it.
I am the owning master!!! ... seriously ... no really ... I ... ok ... Im just a loser with too much time on my hands :sad:

Vikes
10-17-2005, 11:41 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

TMAC: Dude calm down. I know it's HARD to stay a fan at times. I thought Minnesota was going to pull the game out yesterday. I went down swinging at the Bar I go to surround by Bear's fan.

I was close to quitting on Minnesota when we lost to the AZ CARDS. That game still haunts me.

Minnesota will get it turned around. The new owner is committed to discipline. The past behavior here will not be tolerated. This will lead to people staying focusing on the right things winning football games.

I understand you are upset but you cannot label a rookie a bust not yet anyway. Williamson is probably coming along just fine. PEP did not even play for his first year. So give Willamson the pass he deserves in his Rookie year. :lift:

whackthepack
"Del Rio" wrote:

I owned whack for a while. I tried to return him to Wal-mart and they said no so I sold him at a garage sale.

And I am still living in that damn pen you sold me in, and the bottom of the cage is looking terrible. If I ever get free Del Rio you had better watch your back!

midgensa
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

I could be mistaken but i remember reading that williamson leads all rookie WR's in receiving yards

I know that Chris Henry has 220 to Williamson's 201, but I dont know about any others, I think they are the top two.

whackthepack
10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"TMAC604" wrote:

OWNED!!!!!

I am the owning master!!! ... seriously ... no really ... I ... ok ... Im just a loser with too much time on my hands :sad:

Vikes2611 wrote it, your post just came with the quote!

VKG4LFE
10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
The thing that sucks is that Tdub should have had a TD against the Bears cuz he smoked his man and was wide open in the endzone, Daunte just threw it a mile over his head!

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 11:47 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

The thing that sucks is that Tdub should have had a TD against the Bears cuz he smoked his man and was wide open in the endzone, Daunte just threw it a mile over his head!

T DUB will score many more touchdowns for the purple! And Daunte will throw many more too!

GET BACK ON THE BAND WAGON FANS!

midgensa
10-17-2005, 11:57 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

OWNED!!!!!

Vikes2611 wrote it, your post just came with the quote!

Oh no, I got that, :lol: I was just saying I would take the credit.

josdin00
10-18-2005, 12:18 AM
"TMAC604" wrote:

I am confused. Is what I'm saying so fricken bad. Williamson is not the deep threat he has been made out to be. I hope he proves me wrong.

No what you're saying is not so fricken bad. How you're saying it is. When the first post in a thread is typed all in caps, well, let's just say it's not a good way to make a first impression. It's usually considered troll-like behavior, especially coming from someone with a low post count. So that first post better have a really good point, or you're going to receive some angry responses.

So, let's look at that first post. You're calling a rookie wide receiver a bust after 5 games, when it normally takes wide receivers 2 or 3 years to realize their potential. Then you basically state that he's a bust because he doesn't play like Moss. Only one player has ever had that combination of talents, and that's Moss. That doesn't make everyone else a bust.

Now, granted, some of the other members overreacted, and started in with the insults, but that first post was remarkablt trool-like. My advice? Stop posting in this thread, take a deep breath, and start over in another thread. New opinions are always welcome. Just try to present them a little differently, and you'll get a much better response.

Num1mossfan
10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I have been saying this since the pre seaon...HE IS A BUST...everyone expected Moss to be replaced so easy...well scoring 3 against the Bears doesnt help...you cant replace dominance...now with Moss gone all the D cord. can sleep well at night....and another thing about Moss that Williamson doesnt have, Moss caught balls that werent perfectly thrown..these recievers need the ball to be perfect and now defenses are playing str8 up and getting after Daunte.

finnishvikingsfan
10-18-2005, 12:25 AM
"Num1mossfan" wrote:

I have been saying this since the pre seaon...HE IS A BUST...everyone expected Moss to be replaced so easy...well scoring 3 against the Bears doesnt help...you cant replace dominance...now with Moss gone all the D cord. can sleep well at night....and another thing about Moss that Williamson doesnt have, Moss caught balls that werent perfectly thrown..these recievers need the ball to be perfect and now defenses are playing str8 up and getting after Daunte.

You cant call anyone a bust this early in their career. Williamson actually blocks and doesnt take a play off.

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 12:26 AM
"Num1mossfan" wrote:

Nobody (I would hope) thought Randy could be replaced. You would have to be a moron if you thought this.

And collectively, nobody expected Troy to just come in and fill Moss's role.

Carter was great, but he was not a superstar as a rookie.

Randy was a "one in a lifetime" that we were just blessed to have drafted.

Webby
10-18-2005, 12:32 AM
holy crap, I haven't seen pooh stacked this high in quite some time from all sides. TMAC had better learn some manners, and fast. Just fuels the fire of everyone else....even though they know better, sometimes its hard to resist whacking someone so incapable of expressing or listening to other view points.

Relax, this one is done.

josdin00
10-18-2005, 12:41 AM
"Num1mossfan" wrote:

You mean Williamson isn't as good as Moss was? Holy crap! I thought for sure that the Vikings had the ability to automatically draft someone with the same skill set the instant they let Moss go. After all he was onlt one of the most uniquley talented receivers in NFL history. :roll:

Num1mossfan, you said it yourself. You can't replace dominance, and when Moss was on, he was one of the most dominant receivers we'll ever see. So if you know you can't replace Moss, why are you expecting Williamson to do just that? You also said that "everyone expected Moss to be replaced so easy". I don't think I can name one person on this board who thought Williamson would replace Moss. We all figured that our offence might be able to stay at a similar level because we had a lot of depth at the WR spot, and at the time, we all thought we had filled a couple gaps on the o-line that would allow our run game to flourish. But, we were counting on our improved defense to keep us in the game. Well, the o-line found it's gaps again, the run game has struggled, and the defense hasn't shown much improvement yet. How much of that is Williamson's fault? I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Williamson has played 5 games at a position where it takes most players 2 to 3 years to realize their potential. There is no way you can label him a bust yet. We just don't have all of the facts yet, and we won't for at least one more year.