PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Pressure



Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 03:54 AM
You know what makes Peyton Manning, Donovan Mcnabb, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and Trent Green so successfull? They get sacked about 1/4 as much as Daunte. And don't give me the excuse that Daunte holds on to the ball too long because I don't beleive that these qb's would get rid of the ball in 2 seconds either!!! Culpepper has been sacked 24 times, thats as much as Mcnabb had been sacked in 16 games last year and twice as much as Manning and Favre, who had like been sacked 11 or 12 times!!! Daunte is doing all he can, and he is struggling and throws picks because he has no time and his coaches can't come up with plans to get the ball out to receivers when blitzes come. I dare all you Daunte haters to look at the eagles or colts or patriots or packers play and YOU WILL SEE HOW THEIR 5 O LINEMEN PUT EVERYTHING ON THE LINE TO MAKE SURE THEIR QB ISN'T TOUCHED. Daunte has no trust in these guys, and putting in Brad Johnson would be worse because he would be a sitting duck in the pocket. I can't beleive you guys are ragging on the man who puts up great numbers all the time and he has proven without moss what he's capable of doing. He was sacked 46 times last year, but atleast he had Linehan to help him out. Now he has to deal with meathead and retard loney. How many voices can he hear??? This guy isnt garbage or a bust, but he's struggling BECAUSE HE HAS NO PROTECTION. Look at Mcnabb, how he was shut down and rattled against the cowboys, despite playing with a hernea, there was nothing there for him. He was throwing wayward and inaccurate passes and couldnt get anything done. I would like to see how Manning or any of these "Great" Qb's do under the Vikings O-line, I really would.

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 04:00 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-PASSING/2005/regular?sort_col_1=11&_1:col_1=11 ( not yet updated but add 4 sacks to vikings)

Look at this, Peyton has only been sacked once, and don't tell me that he get's rid of the ball because he never is under pressure.

Mcnabb, only 10 times
Favre, 8 times
Brady, 7 times and none today

Loney says sacks were DC's fault cuz he wants to keep his job. Simple as that.

midgensa
10-17-2005, 04:18 AM
You are right, but they all have something Daunte does not have ... confidence and a QUICK release.
When they see someone open ... boom ... the ball is out of their hand (same reason Dan Marino barely ever got hit).
The OL is bad, but QBs cannot get sacked this much, period. You just cannot let it happen ... I don't care who you want to blame it on ... Daunte has always gotten sacked too much and now that the line is even worse, he is having even more problems and is babying his passes and missing bad (could T-Will have been more open on that play).
They need a strong QB coach to fix this this late in his career, or a strong QB minded head coach or O.C.
All three of those QB's you mentioned would do better under our line right now ... as would Carson Palmer, Michael Vick and a few others (though Vick would not be doing it all in the air).
It is something that DEFINITELY needs to be addressed and fixed. By the O-line and by Daunte.

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 04:22 AM
How can you have confidence if you dont trust ur o line. They do, they trust their coaches and o line.

zzbudzz
10-17-2005, 04:29 AM
well , the way i see it last year culpepper was basically THE LEAGUE MVP ,if it wasn't for mannings record breaking year! i so, i don't think it's culpepper fault directly. he just has less to work with this year. mainly because the coaching staff can't adjust and our wideouts aren't really that good.PLUS the o-line sucks....what about david carr of the texans is he any good ? don't know he's on his back half the time the other half he's running for his life... :shock:

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 04:34 AM
OUR WIDEOUTS AREN'T THAT GOOD?? Are you kidding me, all of these guys are solid wideouts, but they dont know how to be used properly. All of these guys can be easily a number 2 or 3 on another team. Culpepper can get the ball out quickly as we have seen today in the 1st half. It's just that Tice and Loney had no answer for Lovie Smith and Ron Rivera today. If you ask me, Lovie Smith beat Mike Tice, that was the reason the Vikings lose, because they have no oline and no coaching. Everything else on our team is solid.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Hitstick, Culpepper is getting sacked because they are blitzing almost every play. Why? Because they know Culpepper doesn't react quickly, he stands there like a statue trying to figure out the defense.

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Yeah, Like I said, I wan't to see anyone take a beating like Culpepper and David Carr do all the time. Carr who is also has potential to be a great qb, has no time whatsoever. Whoever says its daunte's fault for gettin sacked should be put in the same situation as him and be taken for a hell ride.

vikings6490
10-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Give Daunte a break...he's doing all he can...its just nothing can go right now

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 04:58 AM
Thank you HitStick, right on Vikings6490. I will stand bye daunte cuz I know he will pull through and i'll laugh in everyones face who doubted him!

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 05:04 AM
Seriously, I mean this team has MORE TALENT AT WIDE RECEIVER NOW THAN LAST YEAR AND AT TIGHT END.

Now Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson, Koren, Troy, Nate
Last Year Nate Randy Marcus Kelly

I'd rather have a bunch of good wide receivers rather than just Randy. Our receivers are doing fine, its just that the coaching staff cant find a way to get them the ball. And for those of you who think Daunte can't make a play, how about today when it was 3rd and 8 in the 1st and Daunte Outran Lance Briggs and Ogunleye from the backside to get a 1st? He NEEDS HELP MENTALLY WHICH CAME FROM LINEHAN LAST YEAR!!!! I don't think any qb can be this bad, and it just shows how much Linehan, Birk and Dixon are missed. Forget Randy, Daunte is alot more valuable to a team than he is. Randy has never won a superbowl or been to one, THIS GUY WONT EVEN GO OVER THE MIDDLE!! Atleast we have guys that will do this now!!

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 05:31 AM
I stand by him all the way, but there is big room for improvement! http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/shocked/013.gif

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 05:36 AM
Remember, football is a TEAM GAME. If the o line or the coaches arent doing their job, Daunte will suffer.

NeoVikesTX
10-17-2005, 05:38 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Hitstick, Culpepper is getting sacked because they are blitzing almost every play. Why? Because they know Culpepper doesn't react quickly, he stands there like a statue trying to figure out the defense.

I disagree. I believe they are blitzing every play because we have no run game or real deep threat to keep the defense honest. They blitz to rattle Daunte and not give him time to find a reciever. Teams know now that we win or lose by Daunte so that is who they go after. We have no other big game threat, it makes it easy for opposing defenses.

If we had a decent running game or a quick deep ball we could counter that and make the defense adjust. Now I know that if teams blitz us that the passing game should open up, but that just doesn't work if the offensive line isn't picking it up.

Running back by committee and offensive line by committee is not going to get the job done.

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 05:42 AM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Hitstick, Culpepper is getting sacked because they are blitzing almost every play. Why? Because they know Culpepper doesn't react quickly, he stands there like a statue trying to figure out the defense.

I disagree. I believe they are blitzing every play because we have no run game or real deep threat to keep the defense honest. They blitz to rattle Daunte and not give him time to find a reciever. Teams know now that we win or lose by Daunte so that is who they go after. We have no other big game threat, it makes it easy for opposing defenses.

If we had a decent running game or a quick deep ball we could counter that and make the defense adjust. Now I know that if teams blitz us that the passing game should open up, but that just doesn't work if the offensive line isn't picking it up.

Running back by committee and offensive line by committee is not going to get the job done.THANK YOU!!!!!

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 05:42 AM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

Remember, football is a TEAM GAME. If the o line or the coaches arent doing their job, Daunte will suffer.

And if Daunte is not doing his, they will suffer. Its a team game.

Vikes
10-17-2005, 05:45 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Hitstick, Culpepper is getting sacked because they are blitzing almost every play. Why? Because they know Culpepper doesn't react quickly, he stands there like a statue trying to figure out the defense.


hmmmmmm..................

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 05:56 AM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Hitstick, Culpepper is getting sacked because they are blitzing almost every play. Why? Because they know Culpepper doesn't react quickly, he stands there like a statue trying to figure out the defense.

I disagree. I believe they are blitzing every play because we have no run game or real deep threat to keep the defense honest. They blitz to rattle Daunte and not give him time to find a reciever. Teams know now that we win or lose by Daunte so that is who they go after. We have no other big game threat, it makes it easy for opposing defenses.

If we had a decent running game or a quick deep ball we could counter that and make the defense adjust. Now I know that if teams blitz us that the passing game should open up, but that just doesn't work if the offensive line isn't picking it up.

Running back by committee and offensive line by committee is not going to get the job done.THANK YOU!!!!!

Are you trying to tell me that Culpepper is known for a quick release? Don't make me laugh. He has always been known to hold the ball too long. :roll:

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Yeah, the only qb I know that is better at fightin off pressure than Daunte is Mike Vick, and he is the best offensive weapon in the nfl.

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 06:02 AM
Culpepper got it away quick in the beginning today, so I dont know what you are talking about him not gettin the ball away because sometimes with the routes are players are told to run, teams can shut it down.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 06:04 AM
I think he is saying when Daunte just stands there, maybe shuffles either left or right, then takes the sack.

At least get the heck out of there and run if you are not going to throw it.

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/images/smilies/bigwhack.gif

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 06:07 AM
RUN FORREST RUN!!

DaunteHOF
10-17-2005, 06:17 AM
you show me a playoff team and i'll show you a good o line

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 06:29 AM
yeah daunte, that is very correct

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 06:31 AM
"vikings6490" wrote:

Give Daunte a break...he's doing all he can...its just nothing can go right now

He was doing fine the first half.

Let's say we only bothed 2 of the 3 botched FGs. That puts us at 9-14.

Let's now say that K Wil didn't jump offsides and we got to keep that Defensive TD, that makes it 16-14.

16-14, makes it a totally different mindset than 3-14 or 3-21 or 3-28.

Plus the last two TDs for the Bears were scored from a total of 4 yards out.

They started on the 3 yard line (INT runback) and on the 1 yard line (TO on down).

See Drive Charts:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drives/NFL_20051016_MIN@CHI

Also DC gets put into whatever down and LONG because of HOLDING calls all the time. He tries to make up for it, then INTs happen.

1-10-50 (9:20) D.Culpepper pass to M.Moore to CHI 44 for 6 yards (L.Briggs).
PENALTY on MIN-M.Rosenthal, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at 50 - No Play.
1st and 20-MIN40 (8:56) D.Culpepper pass to M.Robinson to MIN 42 for 2 yards (C.Tillman).
2nd and 18-MIN42 (8:17) (Shotgun) D.Culpepper pass intended for T.Williamson INTERCEPTED by C.Tillman at CHI 42. C.Tillman pushed ob at MIN 3 for 55 yards (M.Fowler).

audioghost
10-17-2005, 06:55 AM
Daunte just needs to chill out and play within the system....also, they need a new system....someone on the O-Line needs to step up and teach the other guys how to play....recievers need to quit dropping passes.....grrrr

On the other side.....THE DEFENSE PLAYED GOOD....thats the only bright side (how hard is it to play good D vs. the Bears???)

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 06:59 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

Daunte just needs to chill out and play within the system....also, they need a new system....someone on the O-Line needs to step up and teach the other guys how to play....recievers need to quit dropping passes.....grrrr

On the other side.....THE DEFENSE PLAYED GOOD....thats the only bright side (how hard is it to play good D vs. the Bears???)

And quit TIPPING pass for INTs.

How many of DC's INTs are from tipped balls?

DC would still have a ton of INTs without the tipped ball but the WRs can't keep contributing this effect.

audioghost
10-17-2005, 07:02 AM
How many tipped balls were there at the line of scrimmage as well? Daunte couldn't get out half of his throws without em' gettin' batted down at by the defensive lineman......