PDA

View Full Version : a little light...

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 03:18 AM
There is a little light to the end of this tunnel....

his name is...REGGIE BUSH!!! this guy could really help this offense next year, im talkin caddy help!

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 03:21 AM
Bush is a good player but I dont think we will be able to get him. He could end up with the 49ers. If he forgos his senior year.

mfenlon
10-17-2005, 03:22 AM
REGGIE!!!! REGGIE!!!
Best news I heard all week.
You know the viks will somehow
blow that one too by
drafting a DB or O tackle...

enlvikeman
10-17-2005, 03:31 AM
or a tight end from Maryland

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 03:32 AM
i don't think we need a RB. i think we need LBs first and then offensive lineman then safeties

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 03:36 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

i don't think we need a RB. i think we need LBs first and then offensive lineman then safeties
I agree we need help at LB first, our o-line needs help and our secondary needs help.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-17-2005, 03:42 AM
Why'd you change your sig WOT? Daunte not doing good enough?

Mr Anderson
10-17-2005, 03:42 AM
I think it would be a mistake to draft Reggie Bush.

Thats not the kind of running back we need. Thats like drafting another Bennett, or Mewelde Moore. Bush is undersized, and with our god awful offensive line, he'd be broken in half in the NFL.

I think we need another USC running back

LENDALE WHITE.

6'2 235, hes a beast.

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 03:48 AM
like the new sig PPE, you give up on ur college team?

hey anderson is that lendale white kid your talking about going to be in the next draft? also do you have a page on anything he's done in his college career so i could check it out?

COJOMAY
10-17-2005, 03:49 AM
I agree on not drafting Bush. The best running back in the world could not run through the holes out offensive line is making right now. And the worst running back could do it if we had good blockets up front.
By the way, what up with Faston?

Lotza
10-17-2005, 04:08 AM
i haven't given up on our season just yet. but i do agree the future looks grim.

midgensa
10-17-2005, 04:08 AM
People, scouts love him for a reason.
Reggie Bush is going to be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL.
And while our line does suck, great running backs do get yards with whatever they have (i.e. Barry Sanders, etc.) Bush is better than any back we have ... but I digress. We would have to pick in the top 2 to get Reggie Bush and despite our poor play, I don't see that happening.If we had a shot at Bush, we should nab him in a heartbeat, otherwise we could definitely use a LB or two that is a stud ... AJ Hawk will be that kind of LB and there is some other guy somewhere that I cannot remember off the top of my head ... also Ahmad Brooks here in my backyard will be a hall of famer if a coach ever teaches him to hold his lanes and not over pursue.

purplegang
10-17-2005, 04:12 AM
lets just start over and get a new team lol

LunchBox
10-17-2005, 04:15 AM
Okay, you guys who are saying "we don't need Bush" obviously haven't really seen him play. This guy is UNBELIEVABLE. Think about how fast he would be on the Dome Turf!

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 04:24 AM
lol ya PPE why did you get rid of your NCstate sig? are they not doing good enough;) haha J*k man..

but seriously, reggie bush isnt just a "good" running back this guy is INSANE!!!! its not even funny, if your sittin here saying he isnt then i will bet any amount of money that you havnt watched a game of him. I agree we would have to be in the top 2-3 picks to grab him, who knows we could end up with the first for all we know. But yes we do need help a LB, but look what caddy has done for the bucs offense, he opened up the passing game, and got the ground game going. Reggie bush reminds me of L.T., bye who the way is mentoring Reggie Bush. This guy is the real deal, come draft time next year, if hes there, and we dont take, it will be one of the biggest regrets of viking history including the moss trade.

SamDawg84
10-17-2005, 04:27 AM
reggie yeah right.. marony!!!!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-17-2005, 05:07 AM
It doesnt matter what sig i have... al my teams are horrible but the hurricanes. :lol:

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 05:10 AM
maroney is good samdawg, but please, watch a game film of reggie bush, if you dont sh1t your pants i'll do it for you cuz this guy is INSANE!

Ltrey33
10-17-2005, 05:17 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

maroney is good samdawg, but please, watch a game film of reggie bush, if you dont sh1t your pants i'll do it for you cuz this guy is INSANE!

I agree. He made 2 cuts on a TD yesterday and broke the ankles of 9 out of the 11 guys trying to tackle him, and then outran the other two. That guy is crazy, and Notre Dame is no pushover.

Ltrey33
10-17-2005, 05:26 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

or a tight end from Maryland

:lol:

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 05:27 AM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

Marony isn't even a close 10th to Bush!

Hitstick31
10-17-2005, 05:31 AM
What good is a runningback if we dont have an o line? Our runningbacks are fine, we dont need anyone else. We just need a new right side of our o line.

PurpleMafia
10-17-2005, 05:38 AM
Now we know what it feels like to be Lions and Bears fans every other year...

In all seriousness, the game today was a total embarrasment. Now maybe we can finally get a great draft pick and a coach that knows what he is doing.

shockzilla
10-17-2005, 05:38 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SamDawg84" wrote:

Marony isn't even a close 10th to Bush!

I recently read somewhere that Maroney could be the third RB taken in the 2006 draft, if he doesn't stick around another year, behind Bush and I don't remember the 2nd guy...

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 05:40 AM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

I almost like G. Russell better. I know, I am crazy but I do.

I like both but Russell just seems quicker and for some reason I find that important. How do you replace Maroney with Russell, you don't They already split a lot of carries and Maroney does a heck of a job. I am waiting to see if Russell shines next year without Maroney.

What year is Russell anyway.

SharperVikings
10-17-2005, 05:51 AM
What good is a runningback if we dont have an o line? Our runningbacks are fine, we dont need anyone else. We just need a new right side of our o line.
Are you forgeting the injury to matt birk? Listen, I know we arent missing just one guy, but this guy was an amazing linemen. He read defenses for culpepper (aka his finger pointing) and he knows exactly where to go and what to do. Our centers right now absolutly SUCK to birk. So there is no way you can just say we dont have an o-line. Anyways, I didnt think much of reggie bush UNTIL I acctually got to watch him against notre dame. I thought maroney was good, this guys a hell of a lot better! HE IS AMAZING. Memo is good, I just think that culpepper needs a really productive run game to take the pressure off of him! Then again, if we had birk......

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 06:08 AM
well hitstick the thing about bush that is so amazing is hes a 1,2 punch. Not only can he run the ball like crazy, the guy can catch the ball like crazy. USC often lines him up as a wide out and he runs routes and catches like a top notch WR. Hes the perfect fit for this struggling offense. Look how much caddy helped tampas offense. They where terrible last year heavly relying on Clayton. But now they pound caddy and that in return opens up the passing game, i mean who would of thought joey galloway would be having a huge season for the bucs? I sure didnt. Reggie Bush is to insane to pass on if we have the oportunity. Maroney is second on my RB list.

Webby
10-17-2005, 06:16 AM
sad, talking about the draft.

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 06:17 AM
lol I find it exciting with all the possibilities personally. Just imagine reggie bush in our back field....oh ya...you kno your smiling! lol

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 06:21 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

lol I find it exciting with all the possibilities personally. Just imagine reggie bush in our back field....oh ya...you kno your smiling! lol

Thats what we said last draft! :???:

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 06:23 AM
lol true, idk I do it for fun just thinkin about it...just something to ease the pain right now i guess?

DaunteHOF
10-17-2005, 06:23 AM
We're not THAT BAD! We need to draft for defense...

DrSwerve
10-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Who do we take with the 1st pick in the 2006 NFL draft? I would like to take Reggie Bush (a definite spark for our offense), but maybe we should take Matt Leinart and trade away Daunte for some draft picks. We definitely need to bring in someone that knows how to win...

MadtownMac
10-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Round 1 - Reggie Bush
Round 2 - LB (Brooks, Greenway, Hodge, etc.)
Rounds 3-7 - OL

Nothing in the draft is going to get us over the hump. A clean sweep of the front office will do. Like SI's Peter King said, get a football man in as the Pres./GM like Scott Pioli, and let hime hire the rest of 'em. What we have ain't working and it ain't getting fixed.

vikefan in WI
10-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I doubt Leinart will be available when it is our turn to draft

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 11:11 PM
He will be if we get the first pick overall! And that's what this thread is all about, vikefan!

FuadFan
10-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Two things to state are that you are assuming Bush will be available when he may stay another year and we will not have the first pick in the draft I can guarantee that we will win probably 5 or 6 games at least before the season is done and another guarantee I will make is that Daunte will be our quarterback for the next upcoming years.

Del Rio
10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I would use the first pick and get some new fucking fans. I would then use pick number two to snag up some new cheerleaders.

LuckyVike
10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
"vikefan in WI" wrote:

Leinart will be a bust. Gimme Reggie Bush!!

Big C
10-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Wow.

Dante has a MVP callibre year when he has an offensive coordinator, then is having a sub-par season because the "offensive-coordinators" can't make up their mind on the play calling, and some of you are ready trade him away?! Are you the same people who wanted Moss traded away and Linehan gone?!

Wow.

My opinion is we don't need a QB because we have a darn good one. I would go with a spark on offense. Moore is a good RB, so that would leave us with WR. However, after taking one 2005 I don't see how that would work out.

Maybe we will just trade down.

DCPologirl
10-17-2005, 11:17 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I would use the first pick and get some new fricken fans. I would then use pick number two to snag up some new cheerleaders.

Amen brother! I am so sick of being depressed about the games and then coming here and people talking about trading our quarterback. DAUNTE IS not the problem. Problems we have many, Daunte is not going anywhere!

vikeU2
10-17-2005, 11:22 PM
I am totally happy with Daunte Culpepper! He is our future and he showed last year what he can do in the right system with the right coaches. I agree this team will win 6 games this season and it might be enough to win the division!

fred3105
10-17-2005, 11:23 PM
1st round - RB Reggie Bush Deanglo Williams / OT D'bricknshaw Fergeuson / OLB Aj Hawk or Ahmad Brooks(falling)

2nd round - OT Marcus McNeill(falling fast) Eric Winston(falling) Justin Blalock or Johnathan Scott / OG Max Jean-Gilles or Davin Joseph / CB - Jason Allen(injured falling), Charles Gordon / LB Abdul Hodge, D'Qwell Jackson, Ernie Sims, DeMeco Ryans, or Thomas Howard/ S Laron Landry, Darnell Bing, or Michael Huff

I think that covers most options for now, at least the one I could think of.

vikinggreg
10-17-2005, 11:29 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I would use the first pick and get some new fricken fans. I would then use pick number two to snag up some new cheerleaders.

That's priceless, best plan yet, I'm sure several others want to use this pick to get Randy back, but this idea is the best. Hope the new cheerleaders don't make Zim blush too much....really hope they make him blush lots :occasion5:

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 11:32 PM
First pick we wont get near one of the 3 big offenseive players such as Bush, Leinart and Williams so I would take a OL or a LB. 2nd round or pick get someone for the secondary. And the rest just add depth.

VKG4LFE
10-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I can't even think about a draft right now. How about Greg Eslinger???

Ltrey33
10-17-2005, 11:40 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"vikefan in WI" wrote:

Leinart will be a bust. Gimme Reggie Bush!!

Yup, Leinart won't hack it in the NFL. He hasn't had enough turmoil in college, he rarely gets sacked or pressured, he has the best recievers, the best run game and a slow release. That to me says BUST.

VKG4LFE
10-17-2005, 11:47 PM
He got knocked around by Notre Dame this weekend!! Irish got screwed!!