PDA

View Full Version : Outstinking 1984

CanuckVike
10-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Well Hi there all you crestfallen Viking fans...(I who is one among you!)
I didn't think it was possible, but we are now on pace to have the stinkiest season ever, (not including the Viking early years).

Yes indeed, we have (over the first 5 games) "outperformed" the first 5 games of our imfamous 1984 season where we were 2-3 over 5 games and scored 98 points while allowing 129. And, there was really only one blowout in those games.

This season, we've mustered up a paltry 67 (just 5 offensive TD's in that mess) and allowed 135 points! (3rd worse in the NFL over 5 games!) And the term blowout is becoming our second nature.

Mike Tice you're making Les Steckel look like a God! It is time my Viking brethren....(and sisteren!)...to clean house!

In the meantime, good work Caine..your posts regarding the present stateof Viking affairs are giving me a chuckle at least to keep my sanity in this comical-ridiculous season!

I'm going to get drunk now on the remainder of my bottle of Wild Turkey...bye everyone!
:???:

eelpout72
10-17-2005, 01:58 AM
worse than 1984? Im starting to wonder if our current team could have beaten our "scab" team from 1987 when the NFL players went on strike.

Lotza
10-17-2005, 01:59 AM
ugh.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 04:03 AM
I hope we are better than that year.

I remember it well...twas not fun!

midgensa
10-17-2005, 04:21 AM
I was only six that year and still a ST. LOUIS Cardinals fan ... then they moved and I randomly picked the Vikings helmet off my wall as my new team ... maybe I should have spun around one more time ...maybe