PDA

View Full Version : Disgust...on every level.

Caine
10-16-2005, 10:13 PM
I finally turned off the Viking-V-Bears game...after Culpepper threw his 2nd pick...and all I can say is....

MY GOD DO WE SUCK!!!!!

Through the first quarter and most of the second, I watched our team turn to jello each time we got into scoring range. I watched time and time again as Culpepper went to Wiggins short when we needed to get deep. I watched run after run up the middle...most being stuffed.

If that wasn't bad enough, I watched a defense that couldn't get all cylinders firing. I watched pat Williams turn in a stellar performance, only to have it tarnished with the poo the rest of the team was offering up.

After 5 games, you would think that there would be SOME improvement...there hasn't been. Sure, there are 11 games left, but I honestly can't look at a single one and say that we have an even chance of winning it now. NOT ONE!!!

I was upset with the Atlanta loss, but I could at least write it off as being beaten by a darn good team. What do I write THIS off as? How do I look at the product we've put on the field for 5 weeks and say, "We're going to do better"?

I can't.

The way I see it, and I know people will get their undies in a bunch over this, is that MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!! Let me say it again, in case you think you misread that...

MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!!!

Anyone care to step up and dispute that? Anyone? Want to tell me NOW how we were so smart to trade Randy away? Want to tell me I'm not a Viking fan for saying so? Want to tell me that we're a better team for having gotten Williamson, Cowert, and Harris? Want to try the tired - and false - line about how we bought this new defense with that trade?

BULL CRAP!!

We screwed ourselves royally there. We gave up what we had offensively and got BUPKIS in return. Our brand new Defense just made Kyle Orton look like a Pro-Bowler!! We just made the 1-3 (now 2-3) Bears look like a Play-Off caliber team!!! And, most telling, we've scored ONE touchdown in the last two games!!!

So, can we fix it? I don't know. I'd like to say "yes"...but I can't. With one trade, we went from needing a couple of pieces to a "rebuilding mode" team...but we forgot to go out and get QUALITY coaching while we were doing it.

So, buckle in boys and girls. There's 11 more weeks of this crap comming our way. As long as we play at this pathetic level we've played at for the past 5 games, we WILL wind up in the cellar of the NFCN. Packer fans will be flooding our boards to remind us of all of the bold pre-season predictions...and we won't have a leg to stand on.

How do you like your crow cooked?

Pass the A1, please.

Caine

LosAngelis
10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I admit it. The Vikings are terrible without Moss. I was wrong.

You're much, much worse without him.

I am SO restraining myself from making a joke on this. You guys are suffering enough, though.

GBFan
10-16-2005, 10:20 PM
yeah, the Vikes are bad. Bears don't even have a high school offense and they still won 28-3

Culpepper looks terrible out there without Moss

Caine
10-16-2005, 10:22 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I admit it. The Vikings are terrible without Moss. I was wrong.

You're much, much worse without him.

I am SO restraining myself from making a joke on this. You guys are suffering enough, though.

No, really, fire away. You know we would if the situation was reversed.

My new Viking theme song is AC/DC's "Who made who".

Caine

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
we did not make Orton look like a Pro Bowl QB he only threw for a little over a 100 yards. so i respectfully have to disagree with you on this.

we miss Linehan more than Moss i think. in the games last year we didn't have Moss we still were competitive in the games i know we lost but we were still in the game. once again these are just my opinions.

vikinggreg
10-16-2005, 10:28 PM
entire NFC North is being move to CFL

PurplePackerEater
10-16-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm with ya Caine.

I've argue this issue untill blue in the face. In return, I was told, "get over it", "your beating a dead horse", and "Moss hasn't done anything in Oakland".

Hershal Walker trade? I think it's clear that this ranks up there with that.

RK.
10-16-2005, 10:30 PM
I agree with you Caine. For those of us that kept saying that the Moss trade was the worst thing to happen to the Vikes since Bud Grant retiring, I guess there is some vindication. I would rather have been proved wrong. :sad: For those of you that think Moss was a "cancer in the locker room" I got news for you. he was the kemo that was keeping the cancer at bay. I don't think we could even beat a good college team right now.

It looks like next year is the start of yet another rebuilding program with hopes of making the big game 3-4 years down the road again. How depressing. All I can say is never let a used car salesman buy your team. Make no mistake it was Red that screwed the Vikes. :evil:

NordicNed
10-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I thought the D was okay and our Punter is the real deal......

Our O is non existent as of now.......

GBFan
10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
whatever happened to that addition by subtraction thing?

looks like Moss meant more to the team than some of you thought

I'm just happy to see that the Vikes defense is actually WORSE than last years defense, especially since they added guys like Williams, Smoot, and Darren "The human matador" Sharper

any of you guys STILL think Sharper is good?

GBFan
10-16-2005, 10:37 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

your D allowed 28 points to a terrible offense, led by a rookie QB

although, Culp helped them out by throwing the ball away twice

PurplePackerEater
10-16-2005, 10:39 PM
"GBFan" wrote:

whatever happened to that addition by subtraction thing?

looks like Moss meant more to the team than some of you thought

I'm just happy to see that the Vikes defense is actually WORSE than last years defense, especially since they added guys like Williams, Smoot, and Darren "The human matador" Sharper

Moss told everyone that this offense was "2 + 2"

RK.
10-16-2005, 10:39 PM
"GBFan" wrote:

I think Sharper is good and I think he will show you just how good he is next week. Its not like GB has been setting the woods on fire. :wink: After all the only team either of us seems able to beat is NO. So in short GBFan GFY. :twisted:

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 10:40 PM
the only player on our D that really showed up is P-Williams. nobody on the secondary did anything worth talking about. nobody on our LBs did anything either, still proved they can't cover a TE to save their lives.

P.S: we gave the bears enough oppurtinities to score since we kept going 3 n out in the 2nd half.

also i got a question for all you guys that are saying that Moss is what made the Vikings, if that's true why aren't the Raiders flying high since they got Moss?

V4L
10-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Yah we played bad all around.. I still think it was the coaches.. I would have done something to counter the blitz they sent every play.. But still i'm VERY disapointed with the team!

vikinggreg
10-16-2005, 10:43 PM
With all the mistakes we've had over the years with LB's why do we run a 3-4. What next week do we go to a 2-5?

DarrinNelsonguy
"VikingNed" wrote:

Exactly Ned, we have no identity and it seems like we are just calling plays for the sake of calling them. We have no game plan and are very unorganized and we have way too many mental mistakes.

PurplePackerEater
"mnvikes61" wrote:

the only player on our D that really showed up is P-Williams. nobody on the secondary did anything worth talking about. nobody on our LBs did anything either, still proved they can't cover a TE to save their lives.

P.S: we gave the bears enough oppurtinities to score since we kept going 3 n out in the 2nd half.

also i got a question for all you guys that are saying that Moss is what made the Vikings, if that's true why aren't the Raiders flying high since they got Moss?

Too much algebra?

:grin:

RK.
10-16-2005, 10:44 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

The Raiders are doing a lot better this year than last. This year they are a threat last year they wern't. Just like last year we were a threat and this year we aren't.

GBFan
"RK" wrote:

"GBFan" wrote:

I think Sharper is good and I think he will show you just how good he is next week. Its not like GB has been setting the woods on fire. :wink: After all the only team either of us seems able to beat is NO. So in short GBFan GFY. :twisted:

next week should be a good game

2 teams battling for last place

gonna be a good one!

:roll:

mnvikes61
c'mon PPE give me an honest answer.

kansas_man54
10-16-2005, 10:48 PM
to be honest with you guys, i don't really know what to think about this team. it sickens me to see this happen. i don't think the big man's pep talk mattered much at all. too many new faces, key injuries, and pro bowlers playing like a pee wee stars! And now i'm starting to see that the moss trade is looking like an all-time huge backfire. So far, that is. Things could turn around though, who knows? I hope it doesn't end up being the next Herschel Walker deal! Fortunately, i can't watch the games where i'm at. Just rely on a slow puter to get me by with the suffering. :?:

PurplePackerEater
10-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Like RK said,
The Raiders are doing a lot better this year than last. This year they are a threat last year they wern't. Just like last year we were a threat and this year we aren't.

The Raiders ARE doing "better" with Moss, not great, but better.

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 10:50 PM
"RK" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

they aren't doing much better than they were last year. they are hardly putting up any points in any of the games i've seen. they're in pretty much teh same boat that we were in; no defense and all offense excpet their offense hasn't been scoring points like we were in the past. since they have Moss they should be able to put up good numbers even with Collins at QB because Moss made every QB in Minnesota look good.

i think it's the fact that Loney is a first year OC for the vikings and is struggling mightly not the fact that moss is gone.

GQVikesfan
10-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Ya'll still want Randy? He just went down and he is not getting up!

siteman
10-16-2005, 10:53 PM
let's be real we all no Randy no win this team coulden't beat my home town high school team. Its time to sit out the pep and put johnson in and we will see culpep step up his game in two weeks

PurplePackerEater
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"RK" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

they aren't doing much better than they were last year. they are hardly putting up any points in any of the games i've seen. they're in pretty much teh same boat that we were in; no defense and all offense excpet their offense hasn't been scoring points like we were in the past. since they have Moss they should be able to put up good numbers even with Collins at QB because Moss made every QB in Minnesota look good.

i think it's the fact that Loney is a first year OC for the vikings and is struggling mightly not the fact that moss is gone.

This is an issue, but NOT the problem. Loney is still running Tice's offense and has been on the team for a while.

GQVikesfan
Nevermind he got up, but he looks like he is in pain!

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 10:54 PM
i enjoyed Moss's plays just as much as the next viking fan but i honestly think it has more to do with our OC not having a clue as to what is going on. if you look at last years games that we didn't have Moss, we were competitive, this year we aren't competitive at all on the offensive side of the ball and i think that has more to do with our scheme more than just one great player being gone.

without the scheme it doesn't matter how talented our players are, the team isn't crap without a scheme that actually plays to our strengths

PurplePackerEater
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

i enjoyed Moss's plays just as much as the next viking fan but i honestly think it has more to do with our OC not having a clue as to what is going on. if you look at last years games that we didn't have Moss, we were competitive, this year we aren't competitive at all on the offensive side of the ball and i think that has more to do with our scheme more than just one great player being gone.

without the scheme it doesn't matter how talented our players are, the team isn't crap without a scheme that actually plays to our strengths

Tice took over the play calling and had no better success :roll: .

RK.
10-16-2005, 10:58 PM
"kansas_man54" wrote:

to be honest with you guys, i don't really know what to think about this team. it sickens me to see this happen. i don't think the big man's pep talk mattered much at all. too many new faces, key injuries, and pro bowlers playing like a pee wee stars! And now i'm starting to see that the moss trade is looking like an all-time huge backfire. So far, that is. Things could turn around though, who knows? I hope it doesn't end up being the next Herschel Walker deal! Fortunately, i can't watch the games where i'm at. Just rely on a slow puter to get me by with the suffering. :?:
I see people always comparing the Moss trade to the Hershal Walker trade. They really are not the same. We actually got something in the Walker trade. We got Walker. The problem is we didn't have a play book that knew how to use a running back. In the Moss trade the only thing we got was some cap money, (and Nap Harris :roll: ) that we didn't really need because we already had 30 mil in cap. Moss was traded because Red didn't like Moss speaking up to him after the season and calling him a cheap a$$ owner. Its just that simple. Red didn't give a crap about the Vikes. He was gutting the Vikes for sale plain and simple.

NDVikingFan66
10-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Great Post Caine....I agree with most things with the exception of Moss Made Culpepper.....but I will respect your right to believe that....and it looks like your getting more right every passing week.

However, my real problem with this team is.....

EVERYTHING

Offensively
3 Points
2 Int's
No Rushing Game
Poorly Ran Routes
Poor Offesnive Line Playing
No Go To Play/Player

Defensively
28 Points
No Pressure On QB
Inability To Stop Run
Weak Pass Coverage

Special Teams
3 Missed Field Goals
50 Yard Punt Return
**Positive Here - Kluwe

Coaching
Disorganized
Poor Play Calling
No Anger and Fire From Coaches (AKA Jerry Burns Face)

Off Field
O Smith Drug Suspension
Vikings Love Shack Cruise
O Smith Sexual Assualt

Ownership
Wilf gets a pass here until we see what happens with off the field problems, but I think he is the right guy for the job right now.

Positives
I like M Moore. I never thought he was good enough to be a feature back, and still not sure, but he is playing with heart. I like him for that reason.

This week, and today I have been embarrased. I stand up for my vikings week in and week out....year in and year out, and will continue. However, I cannot condone what is going on in VikingLand right now.

I do not have the answer to the problem, but my guess is this week will bring about some changes, something to at least spark this team. We are in turmoil right now, and things cant get much worse, so benchings and firings may be in order. Something is going to happen, if for no other reason than to make a statement.

Today showed me one thing, something I have held off on saying....

WE ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM!!!

I thought if we got a win this week, or at least played well, we would have a shot, we did nothing right.

Guys, buckle up, It is going to be a rough week defending our Vikes, and Sunday may be worse. If we lose to the Pack, you can expect the trolls to be popping up.

SKOL!!

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 10:59 PM
"Purplepackereater" wrote:

Tice took over the play calling and had no better success :roll: .
never said Tice had more a clue as to what was going on with the offense. he's good at line work but after that i don't think he is espically a gifted offensive minded HC.

btw: i believe we won the game that he did call the offensive plays for

Paulbedy59
10-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Believe the Moss trade was bad,period!! However,I think we could have weathered it if we could have kept our Off-cord and Birk.Put those 3 together,along with Nate not playing and you have our offensive mess.The coaches should be fired,and I mean right now! They are not even coached to kick a lousy freaking field goal.Freaking embarassing!! All those penalties?No disipline,no coaching..

kansas_man54
10-16-2005, 11:11 PM
about the moss thing, it's gonna' take time to see "for sure" what the verdict is on the pro's and con's of the deal. I think we did make some good move's in the offseason, but we just need to get to firing on all cylinders. There is talent out there, just gotta' make it click!

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 11:11 PM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Great Post Caine....I agree with most things with the exception of Moss Made Culpepper.....but I will respect your right to believe that....and it looks like your getting more right every passing week.

EVERYTHING

Offensively
3 Points
2 Int's
No Rushing Game
Poorly Ran Routes
No Go To Play/Player

Defensively
28 Points
No Pressure On QB
Inability To Stop Run
Weak Pass Coverage

Special Teams
3 Missed Field Goals
50 Yard Punt Return
**Positive Here - Kluwe

Coaching
Disorganized
Poor Play Calling

Off Field
O Smith Drug Suspension
O Smith Sexual Assualt

Ownership
Wilf gets a pass here until we see what happens with off the field problems, but I think he is the right guy for the job right now.

Positives
I like M Moore. I never thought he was good enough to be a feature back, and still not sure, but he is playing with heart. I like him for that reason.

This week, and today I have been embarrased. I stand up for my vikings week in and week out....year in and year out, and will continue. However, I cannot condone what is going on in VikingLand right now.

I do not have the answer to the problem, but my guess is this week will bring about some changes, something to at least spark this team. We are in turmoil right now, and things cant get much worse, so benchings and firings may be in order. Something is going to happen, if for no other reason than to make a statement.

I thought if we got a win this week, or at least played well, we would have a shot, we did nothing right.

Guys, buckle up, It is going to be a rough week defending our Vikes, and Sunday may be worse. If we lose to the Pack, you can expect the trolls to be popping up.

SKOL!!
i agree with most of the things you said except defensively. we did not give up many yards. i think Thomas ended up with like 89 rushing yards on close 25 carries and Orton barely threw for more than a 100 yards. we also got 4 or 5 sacks and caused 2 fumbles they were the only thing that kept us in the game so i wouldn't be pointing my finger at them just my opinion though

NDVikingFan66
10-16-2005, 11:19 PM
mnvike61

I can go along with what you said about my defense post, and even agree with it.

Defensively we played OK, but not great. No matter how great your D is, you will NEVER win if the O only puts up 3 points

finnishvikingsfan
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

mnvike61

I can go along with what you said about my defense post, and even agree with it.

Defensively we played OK, but not great. No matter how great your D is, you will NEVER win if the O only puts up 3 points

The ravens superbowl year I think they won a game 3-0. All I know they didnt score a touchdown in like 4 games and I think they won all of them.

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
yah ND i wasn't trying to pick a fight i was just giving my opinion. we don't have a top notch D but i see definate improvement in it.

NDVikingFan66
10-16-2005, 11:28 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

mnvike61

The ravens superbowl year I think they won a game 3-0. All I know they didnt score a touchdown in like 4 games and I think they won all of them.

This is true...I remember that...however....

AWESOME Defense
Great Running Game - Jamal Lewis
Team Unity and Cohesiveness
Excellent Coaching
Organized and Dedication
Mistake Free Football

Which one of these do the Vikings Have??

NDVikingFan66
10-16-2005, 11:30 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

yah ND i wasn't trying to pick a fight i was just giving my opinion. we don't have a top notch D but i see definate improvement in it.

I know you werent picking a fight.....stating your opinion....

SKOL!!

hovan
10-16-2005, 11:31 PM
:pukeright:

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 11:33 PM
none of them ND, also i don't think they had to deal with as many changes as we have had to deal with as we have.

Coaching staff- Tice isn't the greatest HC i know we'll all agree on this, Cotrell is only in his 2nd year and hasn't proven much yet and before him we went through DCs faster than diaherra. OC- lost Linehan to the Dolphins and now we have Loney who has zero experience in the OC position.

Distractions- K-williams has been in trouble, the whole sex boat scandel, Tice and ticket scalping. the list goes on and on

finnishvikingsfan
10-16-2005, 11:34 PM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

mnvike61

AWESOME Defense
Excellent Coaching
Organized and Dedication
Mistake Free Football

Very true. We just dont have anything like that yet.

V4L
10-16-2005, 11:35 PM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

mnvike61

AWESOME Defense
Excellent Coaching
Organized and Dedication
Mistake Free Football

:lol: That's so true man.. I wish we had atleast 2 of those! Make the games a lil more interesting for us who aren't gonna jump ship!

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 11:39 PM
as i stated above i don't think the ravens had nearly as many changes as we have had this season

P.S for all the moss fans out there. looks like he injuried his leg again. i honestly can't remeber a season where he wasn't injuried.
the raiders are doing just as bad as we are this season and they have moss hmm... :roll:

brock
10-16-2005, 11:54 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

entire NFC North is being move to CFL

Owned.

Caine
10-17-2005, 12:13 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

as i stated above i don't think the ravens had nearly as many changes as we have had this season

P.S for all the moss fans out there. looks like he injuried his leg again. i honestly can't remeber a season where he wasn't injuried.
the raiders are doing just as bad as we are this season and they have moss hmm... :roll:

Well, since you are obviously in the "Glad Moss is gone" boat, I'll simply address this last post, instead of digging through all of the previous ones.

When we had Moss:

1: Culpepper ALWAYS had a Go To guy.
2: The Go To guy was usually past the 1st down marker.
3: Defenses played us deeper, opening up the running game.
4: Moss drew at least 2 defenders on every play, which opened up other Receivers.
5: We could SCORE when we were inside the 20.
6: We could score from anywhere on the field.

In short, not only did Moss open up the field for everyone else, he gave us CONFIDENCE.

Without Moss:

1: Culpepper's Go TO guy is Wiggins - a Tight End.
2: Wiggins usually catches short and runs after.
3: Defenses can stack the line, play 8-men-in-the-box, and alternate coverages.
4: NO ONE demands a double anymore.
5: we can't score from the 3 yard line.
6: We can't score PERIOD.

Sure, part of that is probably due to Linehan's departure, but MOST of that is ON THE FIELD issues. Linehan had no effect on that. The play calling has altered because the players who used to get open, no longer do. The holes that used to open up in the O-Line no longer do...unless it's to let a D-Lineman in.

Culpepper, who USED TO be considered a great QB...or at least one with the potantial to be great...looks a lot like Cade McNown (Bears old QB). No confidence. Easily rattled. Bad throws. Bad decisions.

Are our receivers that much worse than previous years? No, not really. Robinson, Taylor, and Williamson combined for 10 catches...Wiggins had 10 by himslef, with Moore chipping in 5.

Our receivers gained 113 yards, our TE and RB gained 110.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?!?!?!?!!?

Culpepper is throwing short on most plays, and praying for Wiggins or Moore to break loose...but it isn't happening. Meanwhile, our deep game is GONE. Taylor had one 31 yarder. The next two long ones were 18 yarders...one on a Mewelde Moore RAC.

On 3rd down, Culpepper was throwing a LOT of short balls. WTF!?!?!?!?

So, is it Linehan, or is it the loss of Moss? I'm sticking with Moss. Sure, Oakland isn't tearing up the league with Moss there...did anyone expect them to? But Randy is averaging 5 catches per game, and 24.5 yards per catch. If he was HERE, with Robinson and Taylor, we'd be able to put points on the board..guaranteed.

But he's not. He's gone and we can't get over it as a team. Culpepper wanted to be the leader...but he isn't leading (Except in the INT category with TWELVE). Culpepper wanted a raise, but he isn't playing like he's worth it. Kyle Orton has as many TD's as Culpepper, and half the INT's...with a weaker Offense!!!!!

Everyone focussed on Moss' antics (Which weren't that many and weren't that bad, really) and forgot about the intangibles that Moss brought here. Those are now gone, and we're seeing the effects of that loss.

It isn't pretty.

Caine

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 12:32 AM
well what about the games that moss didn't play in last year Caine? Moss had no impact in those games at all and we were close to winning those games. the DC for the other team didn't have to plan a scheme for Moss because they knew he was injuried and he wasn't going to play. we WERE competetive in those games even if Moss wasn't on the field at all, what are we missing from those games to these games Linehan. yah Moss definately helped out our offense but to say he was what made or broke our team is crazy, we aren't competitive in these games this season because our coaching staff is a joke espically Loney, not because Moss isn't here.

jimmymac
10-17-2005, 12:36 AM
The problem is that MOSS (and Hovan) was the team LEADER. Not Culpepper, not Tice. MOSS (and Hovan).

This team doesn't even want to win.

DeathtoDenny
10-17-2005, 12:40 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

The problem is that MOSS (and Hovan) was the team LEADER. Not Culpepper, not Tice. MOSS (and Hovan).

I agree. If Daunte is the leader, he's leading them nowhere. It really bothers me to see our players laughing and joking around after a loss (like Liewinski).
None of our players care, they're just collecting their large checks.

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 12:40 AM
and with the first selection in the 2006 NFL Draft the vikings select...REGGIE BUSH!!! thats all im lookin forward too as of now..

mnjamie
10-17-2005, 12:44 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

You really can't be serious, Can You???? :scratch:

ItalianStallion
10-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Seriously guys, don't put this one on the defense, they played well enough for us to win. Not only did they provide 3 turnovers, but they didn't allow a lot of yards. 14 of their points came when the Bears started their drive within our 5 yard line. They weren't dominating, but when you squander as many opportunities as our offense did and score only 3 points you will never win.

LuckyVike
10-17-2005, 12:47 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

Hovan... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OMG ROLFLMFAO!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks man... I needed that one after watching the game today. :lol:

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Moss was never a leader. A leader would not walk off the field with time remaining on the clock, he couldn't squirt an official with a water bottle, he wouldn't take plays off.

If anybody on the vikings offense is a leader it's Birk he actually calls out people on their performances.

jimmymac
10-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Is it just me, or does everyone else get sick to their stomachs when the ItalianStallion posts his naked guy photo? Is he gay?

ItalianStallion
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Culpepper is not nor ever was the leader for the simple fact that he gets visibly frustrated and shaken by his mistakes on the field. He doesn't have the composure to lead.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 12:51 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

Moss was never a leader. A leader would not walk off the field with time remaining on the clock, he couldn't squirt an official with a water bottle, he wouldn't take plays off.

If anybody on the vikings offense is a leader it's Birk he actually calls out people on their performances.

That's the first thing you've said that I agree with.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 12:53 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

Is it just me, or does everyone else get sick to their stomachs when the ItalianStallion posts his naked guy photo? Is he ***?

Are you a homophobe?

What does it matter? :roll:

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 12:54 AM
do you think i'm just full of hot air PPE?i know i'm one of the few members on here that is glad to see moss gone, but i would hope that people didn't just blow me off because of my standing on that.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 12:54 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Culpepper is not nor ever was the leader for the simple fact that he gets visibly frustrated and shaken by his mistakes on the field. He doesn't have the composure to lead.

Sad, but true.

jimmymac
10-17-2005, 12:56 AM
It's just disturbing that a guy would like pictures of other naked guys.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 12:59 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

do you think i'm just full of hot air PPE?i know i'm one of the few members on here that is glad to see moss gone, but i would hope that people didn't just blow me off because of my standing on that.

I think that some people are leaders and some are followers. You're a follower.

The "hot air" you're talking about sounds exactly like the coaching staff and Red McCombs.

finnishvikingsfan
10-17-2005, 01:00 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

Hey man I agree with most your posts. I dont blow them off or blast you for it keep on posting man. :grin:

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 01:02 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

The "hot air" you're talking about sounds exactly like the coaching staff and Red McCombs.
how am i a "follower"? PPE, i'm just curious.

Hey man I agree with most your posts. I dont blow them off or blast you for it keep on posting man.
thanks finnish!

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 01:08 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

how am i a "follower"? PPE, i'm just curious.

Hey man I agree with most your posts. I dont blow them off or blast you for it keep on posting man.
thanks finnish!

It's in bold.

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 01:12 AM
i don't sound exactly like Tice or anybody else in the coaching staff, at least in my opinion i don't. :???:

i was never a huge fan of Moss everybody that has read my posts should know that. i'm not like Tice saying "it's one player that is out of position that is the problem" or any b.s like that. i don't understand why you think that but if that's how you feel thanks for being honest anyways

Grassdog61
10-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Pure and simple, we blew this game when the offense failed to capitalize on scoring opportunities early in the game. We needed TOUCHDOWNS during those red zone opportunities (not field goal attempts). And lets lay off the defense a bit here. They gave us 2 fumble recoveries (each time near mid field) and we blew BOTH those opportunities. That kind of thing is demoralizing to a defense. We could (and should) have easily been up 2 scores most of the game - that would have changed everything as far as how we could play on D.

This entire friggin' coaching staff better be working on their resumes. Now that I think about it, they've probably been spending more time thinking about their next job than they did working on a game plan.

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 01:31 AM
yah the play calling in the red zone was a joke, we needed to just punch it in when we were on the 3 yard line after the Wiggins catch we were running the ball pretty well at the point.

After the bears figured out what we were doing we had no answer for it and that falls directly in the lap of Loney or who ever was making the play calls. we never adapted to what they were doing after they adjusted to our original plan.

Webby
10-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Defense gave up under 200 yards to the Bears offense. Squat basically. We still lost by huge margins. Guess why.

LosAngelis
10-17-2005, 01:49 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

Is it just me, or does everyone else get sick to their stomachs when the ItalianStallion posts his naked guy photo? Is he ***?

Italian's doesn't bother me, but there's a lot more disturbing animated avatars lately. That Kermit one shows up in my nightmares.

LosAngelis
10-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Hm..

Did Moss make Culpepper? It's pretty rare when a WR "makes" a quarterback. Did Rice make Montana? No. He won a Super Bowl without him. Did Rice make Young? Could be. Young didn't win without him.

Is trading Moss a mistake? From my viewpoint, its a lot tougher to find Vikings to truly hate. Especially with Hovan gone, too. But from your standpoint, I still think he was a cancer. Even after you remove a cancer, people still die from the effects.

But Culpepper is completely buggin me out. I don't get why he's totally falling apart? Is it because he doesn't have Moss, or because Moss's departure puts so much more pressure on him? Either way, Culpepper may be playing himself out of a job soon.

But, you're right, Caine. This is the same disgust I was feeling after Cleveland and Detroit. Hopefully, we're coming out of it. But there's problems all across the board in Minnesota. And when that happens, who do you blame?

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 02:11 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Hm..

Did Moss make Culpepper? It's pretty rare when a WR "makes" a quarterback. Did Rice make Montana? No. He won a Super Bowl without him. Did Rice make Young? Could be. Young didn't win without him.
Is trading Moss a mistake? From my viewpoint, its a lot tougher to find Vikings to truly hate. Especially with Hovan gone, too. But from your standpoint, I still think he was a cancer. Even after you remove a cancer, people still die from the effects.

But Culpepper is completely buggin me out. I don't get why he's totally falling apart? Is it because he doesn't have Moss, or because Moss's departure puts so much more pressure on him? Either way, Culpepper may be playing himself out of a job soon.

But, you're right, Caine. This is the same disgust I was feeling after Cleveland and Detroit. Hopefully, we're coming out of it. But there's problems all across the board in Minnesota. And when that happens, who do you blame?

But, then again, Moss is a rare reciever. Rice was a "possesion" guy. He didn't sprint down the feild with 4.2 speed.

TheAnimal93
10-17-2005, 03:00 AM
"Caine" wrote:

I finally turned off the Viking-V-Bears game...after Culpepper threw his 2nd pick...and all I can say is....

MY GOD DO WE SUCK!!!!!

Through the first quarter and most of the second, I watched our team turn to jello each time we got into scoring range. I watched time and time again as Culpepper went to Wiggins short when we needed to get deep. I watched run after run up the middle...most being stuffed.

If that wasn't bad enough, I watched a defense that couldn't get all cylinders firing. I watched pat Williams turn in a stellar performance, only to have it tarnished with the poo the rest of the team was offering up.

After 5 games, you would think that there would be SOME improvement...there hasn't been. Sure, there are 11 games left, but I honestly can't look at a single one and say that we have an even chance of winning it now. NOT ONE!!!

I was upset with the Atlanta loss, but I could at least write it off as being beaten by a darn good team. What do I write THIS off as? How do I look at the product we've put on the field for 5 weeks and say, "We're going to do better"?

I can't.

The way I see it, and I know people will get their undies in a bunch over this, is that MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!! Let me say it again, in case you think you misread that...

MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!!!

Anyone care to step up and dispute that? Anyone? Want to tell me NOW how we were so smart to trade Randy away? Want to tell me I'm not a Viking fan for saying so? Want to tell me that we're a better team for having gotten Williamson, Cowert, and Harris? Want to try the tired - and false - line about how we bought this new defense with that trade?

BULL CRAP!!

We screwed ourselves royally there. We gave up what we had offensively and got BUPKIS in return. Our brand new Defense just made Kyle Orton look like a Pro-Bowler!! We just made the 1-3 (now 2-3) Bears look like a Play-Off caliber team!!! And, most telling, we've scored ONE touchdown in the last two games!!!

So, can we fix it? I don't know. I'd like to say "yes"...but I can't. With one trade, we went from needing a couple of pieces to a "rebuilding mode" team...but we forgot to go out and get QUALITY coaching while we were doing it.

So, buckle in boys and girls. There's 11 more weeks of this crap comming our way. As long as we play at this pathetic level we've played at for the past 5 games, we WILL wind up in the cellar of the NFCN. Packer fans will be flooding our boards to remind us of all of the bold pre-season predictions...and we won't have a leg to stand on.

Pass the A1, please.

Caine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally....someone with BALLS!!!!!!

Who made who is right!!! PEP sucks like a water pump in New Orleans!!!!
I didnt want him when we drafted him and I damm sure dont want him now!!! Sit his big fat arse!!!!

Loo-ooo-oooo-SER!!!!!!!!
I have been holding my tongue because I didnt want to get berratedand called stupid and a silly guy!!!
I am going to call him Daunte DUMBPEPPER from now on!!!!
He cant do diddly squat and if anyone thinks that we are going to win with him they are sadly mistaken.
I remember last year when he came off the field after a touchdown vs. the Lions and pointed to his head like he was smart. Where is that Daunte????????????? I thought to myself, "you idiot, you havent done a damm thing yet...talk to me when you make it to the Super Bowl"!!!!
He hasnt proved to me that he cannot win without Moss(the Malcontent!!! :lol: )
When Dumbpepper was drafted I threw a hissy fit because we could have had Jevon Kearse and Samari Rolle, instead we get a shit-for-brains QB and a whacko DE(underwood) WHOOOOOPIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
I am so happy!!!!
Well hammerheads, what do ya say now about your beloved Dumbpepper??????? He is the cat's pajama's isnt he??????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And another thing.....when and where is NAPOO-POO going to show up????? And this rookie wr that was supposed to take a little of the slack up from the Moss(the malcontent :lol: )trade??????????
And last but not least......we could have gotten most of the jackasses that we have on defense without ever trading Moss (the malcontent :lol: )
well I hope that everyone is happy sitting in their own diaper-full and it is all warm and squishy!!!!
Studwell...you suck as a draft expert!!!!!!
Tice is a meathead and Steve Ba-loney is just as bad. But I still wouldnt take Linehan back.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 03:07 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

Oh my god! Mountain Dew just sprayed out of my nose all over my monitor! Hovan?

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 03:09 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

Don't be a dink please.

"jimmymac" wrote:

It's just disturbing that a guy would like pictures of other naked guys.

He's not naked (you have to PM him for those).

zzbudzz
10-17-2005, 03:36 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

entire NFC North is being move to CFL lol i think that might happen after this season

midgensa
10-17-2005, 03:38 AM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

EVERYTHING

Offensively
3 Points
2 Int's
No Rushing Game
Poorly Ran Routes
No Go To Play/Player

Defensively
28 Points
No Pressure On QB
Inability To Stop Run
Weak Pass Coverage

Special Teams
3 Missed Field Goals
50 Yard Punt Return
**Positive Here - Kluwe

Coaching
Disorganized
Poor Play Calling

Off Field
O Smith Drug Suspension
O Smith Sexual Assualt

Ownership

Positives

SKOL!!

Between you and Caine you have hit on a ton of points correctly here.
And in fairness to MNVIKES I agree ... the Moss trade is not the problem ... eh ... not the whole problem.
I don't know what to think or argue anymore. I am so embarrassed to be sitting at work today wearing my goddamn Michael "does not know how to hit a hole" Bennett jersey.
I am literally almost to tears watching this happen. The Moss trade was obviously a mistake, but I will not go as far as saying Culpepper was all Moss. I think Culpepper is a very good QB, but he is not a team leader and he has serioius confidence issues without someone of Moss' firey attitude there to pump him up. Even when Moss was on the sidelines he was always getting C-Pep pumped.
This defense plays well until it just flat gets dejected, which is all too often in the middle of the second or third quarter. It has to suck to know when you see Desmond Clark score for the second time there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY your offense will catch up.
Would we be better with Moss ... I really cant say, but I can say I would look forward to every week a lot more. I am terrified of what the hot Packers might do to us next week. Absolutely mortified about having to deal with that crap at work and at home.
There is so much wrong right now that I just cannot see any chance for us this season, or even next season, without drastic changes like benching C-Pep, firing Tice and hiring a new coach and O.C. ... ALL OF THOSE, not just one ... and I am a C-Pep guy and a Tice apologist, but there is not way to fix this right now.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 03:50 AM
"RK" wrote:

I agree with you Caine. For those of us that kept saying that the Moss trade was the worst thing to happen to the Vikes since Bud Grant retiring, I guess there is some vindication. I would rather have been proved wrong. :sad: For those of you that think Moss was a "cancer in the locker room" I got news for you. he was the kemo that was keeping the cancer at bay. I don't think we could even beat a good college team right now.

It looks like next year is the start of yet another rebuilding program with hopes of making the big game 3-4 years down the road again. How depressing. All I can say is never let a used car salesman buy your team. Make no mistake it was Red that screwed the Vikes. :evil:

Yes, this is the I told you so part of the season. Smoke and mirrors, a shell game, call it what you will, the Moss trade was a facade. Who knows the real reason bihind it, but it wasn't done to make this team a better team.

I don't think that next year is totally shot, we are in the north, we have that going for us.

Red Red Red, the worst owner ever. The guy screws the coach by paying him peanuts, then wouldn't even make improvement to the practice facility so the coach pays for them out of his pocket. Then he screws the fans and Randy at the same time, buys some D players in the offseason as a distraction so he could leave town in a cloud of dust.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 03:59 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

The D was Okay, but the special teams were terrible, including Klewe, he did bang a few punts, but he outkicked the coverage on the long run back. Kicked one out of bounds right at the 20, not inside the 20, at the 20. It was a net of 15 yards. Edinger, shanked and got blocked. Choked in his former field, he must be cursed.

We had glimpses of winning that game.

3 FGs gone hay-wire and a Defensive TD called back. That is 16 points right there, plus the 3 we had = 19 points.

21-19
28-19

We wouldn't be sitting here moaning (as much) like we are.

whiteviking24
10-17-2005, 03:59 AM
Everthing is so screwed up!

I MISS RANDY MOSS...NOW, when we had Moss we did not get to the superbowl.

So we trade him for a defense?

The "defense he have now is no better than what we had before.

What good does it really do to score all the time,but have no defense to stop the score against us?.........NONE

We should have just kept him?

Remeber when Moss would walk off the feild during a play?

Remeber when Moss would take three steps and stop and stand if it was a run play?

He IS great, but that wasn't enough either so I ask you guys
WHAT DO WE REALLY NEED?........I'M LOST!

Webby
10-17-2005, 04:02 AM
The D held them under 200 yards. Good outing. PWill everywhere, Napo sack...they are working.

How did they score 28?

I'm waiting for someone to step up to this question because it alllll points to what is wrong with the team and puts this all in very strong relief.....

whiteviking24
10-17-2005, 04:04 AM
I guess our defense did look a heck of alot better today,well KINDA

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 04:08 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

The D held them under 200 yards. Good outing. PWill everywhere, Napo sack...they are working.

How did they score 28?

I'm waiting for someone to step up to this question because it alllll points to what is wrong with the team and puts this all in very strong relief.....

Feild Position.

Due to our STs and our Offense.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:11 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

How did they score 28?

I was trying to figure out the same thing.

Coaching in the red zone?
Players gave up?
Short field?

I really need to go back and look at the stats.

It seemed like it was the attitude on O and D, more O than D maybe. But it seemed like we were taking what they gave us, the underneath crap. DC in the first half was not under the pressure of playing from behind, and had confidence that he could move up and down the field.

We let Chicago dictate what we were going to do the whole game, except for the line penalties, that was all on us.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:12 AM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

I guess our defense did look a heck of alot better today,well KINDA

Looked better, but soft like Ice Cream on a hot day to give up 28 points to the Bears.

Webby
10-17-2005, 04:14 AM
They had to defend from their ONE yard line twice!

Are you kidding me, soft? That's just for starters.

This O is a joke, has driven so many opponents points against us, and its more than one man who's nuts need to be in the chopper here.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 04:18 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

This O is a joke, has driven so many opponents points against us, and its more than one man who's nuts need to be in the chopper here.

Feild Position.

Ding, ding, ding! What do you have for me Webby?!?

:lol:

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:19 AM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

Remeber when Moss would walk off the feild during a play?

Remeber when Moss would take three steps and stop and stand if it was a run play?

He IS great, but that wasn't enough either so I ask you guys
WHAT DO WE REALLY NEED?........I'M LOST!

Just think what he would be doing right now, on this team, that lacks leadership from top to bottom. We aren't seeing it in Oak at 1-4, but if he was here, he would be putting on a display. He thought we were better than our recod the last 4 years, and he expected us to play at a higher level, and he was frustrated. Atleast he had expectations for the Vikes. I don't think our guys right now have any expectations anymore.

Moss just needed a leader that he had confidence in and that he wasn't tired of.

Even though he initially didn't want to leave, he was deep down sick of all that went down here in MN. He needed a change of scenery. Or leadership to turn it around.

Webby
10-17-2005, 04:24 AM

"webmaster" wrote:

Feild Position.

LOL

A souvenir penalty flag. I have so many extra now...

I am still counting down from 1 Million before I post too much or any headlines.

I remember a day when I only had to count down from 1000. Oh the good ol days.

johnkdbr
10-17-2005, 04:25 AM
It's not the Offense & It's not the defense...We have the talent but we have no coaching...Mike Tice & the staff has to go...We need to clean house...He has had three years & in that time our team has gotten worse...
We need discipline & accountability...Like Jimmy Johnson said...These guys have no fear for their jobs...We need to find a Parcells type of coach to take this talent & win us a freakin' Superbowl!!!
Enough is enough!!! Are ya with me Viking Fans?

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:25 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Soft like when Jones ran it in, almost untouched, from 24 yds out.

I realize the short field has a lot to do with it, so do penalties, and TO (ints), all offense related.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Heck, at this point I wouldn't care if Randy walked off the field was 1o minutes to play!!!

We need something! God help us!

GreenBaySlackers
10-17-2005, 04:26 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

Feild Position.

LOL

A souvenir penalty flag. I have so many extra now...

I am still counting down from 1 Million before I post too much or any headlines.

I remember a day when I only had to count down from 1000. Oh the good ol days.

wha?

DoubleDown11
10-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Our WR's can't run a route to save their lives, someone please Tell me why we didn't go after Plax? At least we will have a great Draft Pick next year!

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:28 AM
"johnkdbr" wrote:

It's not the Offense & It's not the defense...We have the talent but we have no coaching...Mike Tice & the staff has to go...We need to clean house...He has had three years & in that time our team has gotten worse...
We need discipline & accountability...Like Jimmy Johnson said...These guys have no fear for their jobs...We need to find a Parcells type of coach to take this talent & win us a freakin' Superbowl!!!

I just listened to Ditka and Salisbury, say it was the players and there penalties. The players aren't executing.

But, a good coach can help motivate execution. It is the attitude of the coach and his psyche.

Webby
10-17-2005, 04:28 AM
The old axiom that you should count down from ten when you are mad before you say anything lest you say something stupid. In this instance, I am counting down from 1 million.

Sorry, I segued from one thought to another without any breaks.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:33 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Heck, at this point I wouldn't care if Randy walked off the field was 1o minutes to play!!!

We need something! God help us!

Randy would just be masking the fact that we have problems. Sure, we would have a few more points, sure we might have another win, it is just enabling a bad situation.

We are hitting rock bottom. I thought it was our last game. Then I thought it was the boat incident. Now I am hoping to God that today is finally rock bottom.

That should be a bang cartoon. Tice in a submarine, scouting for the deepest point in the ocean. 100,000,000 Million Leagues Below the NFL.

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:35 AM
New Bang Cartoon,

LOST!

season finally

Do the Vikings eat their coaches to stay alive on the Island?

whiteviking24
10-17-2005, 04:37 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"johnkdbr" wrote:

I just listened to Ditka and Salisbury, say it was the players and there penalties. The players aren't executing.

But, a good coach can help motivate execution. It is the attitude of the coach and his psyche.

whiteviking24
10-17-2005, 04:38 AM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!to the above.sorry

GreenBaySlackers
10-17-2005, 04:38 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

The old axiom that you should count down from ten when you are mad before you say anything lest you say something stupid. In this instance, I am counting down from 1 million.

Sorry, I segued from one thought to another without any breaks.

oh... i understand now thanks.

BTW; how often do you see the word axiom used everyday? that is a sweet word that people should try to work into conversation more often. I know I will.

hovan
10-17-2005, 04:40 AM
:oops:

snowinapril
10-17-2005, 04:43 AM
"hovan" wrote:

:oops:

Speachless, I haven't seen much of you around here at all Hovan.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 04:55 AM
I think we could all us some of this: http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5621

Nightgaunt
10-17-2005, 05:03 AM
"Caine" wrote:

MY GOD DO WE SUCK!!!!!

I can't.

MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!!!

BULL CRAP!!

Pass the A1, please.

Caine

Blah blah blah, Yah, Moss made Culpepper, Glad your not watching the same games as me. Thats about the most unintelligent thing i have heard on this site yet. It starts at the top, and last time i checked DC wasnt in a coaching postion. If you wanna blame someone on the team as a PLAYER, look no further then your offensive line. After a QB has had his world rocked a few times he gets a little jittery. Add in a leg injury with a QB that is good on the run you have a recipe for disaster. And i'll be sure to bookmark this post so next year when we have a NEW coaching staff and a new attitude i can bump this up when were doing well just to make you look like a rookie. Sorry i didnt agree with your sad excuse, but im not buying it.... :lol:

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 05:12 AM
a succesfull Offense starts at the Line. not the qb or wr or rb, but the line. Its a domino effect.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 05:14 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

a succesfull Offense starts at the Line. not the qb or wr or rb, but the line. Its a domino effect.

You are exactly right.

A good offense is based upon the guys who do battle in the trenches. A successful team will be built around the line.

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Yep, gettin birk back will really help this team. Losing him is just as bad as the whole "moss trade". But noone talks about it? why? cuz noone realizes just how important he is to this team and how football is played and won.

kjdaddy
10-17-2005, 05:19 AM
I hate to say it but I agree...I think this staff has had time to mature but instead it's rotting on the vine. :cry:
I love Big Mike but he is too nice to his players. Can't be nice with these boys. They need strength like Jimmy or Bill. Maybe the return of Bryan Billick?!? :idea:

kjdaddy
10-17-2005, 05:21 AM
p.s. When was the last time we had a top 5 pick in the draft...It might be our turn, maybe #1??

DaunteHOF
10-17-2005, 05:23 AM
bullshit, if Moss is the difference why do the raiders suck?

kjdaddy
10-17-2005, 05:29 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

kaka del toro, if Moss is the difference why do the raiders suck?

That's right...everyone thought Oaktown would be high flyin this year...hmm, what's their record?

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 06:12 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

kaka del toro, if Moss is the difference why do the raiders suck?
lol i used that line and people still have given me an answer for it :lol:

gregair13
10-17-2005, 06:38 AM
the raiders suck because they are in the afc, where all the real teams play, and they have less defense than we do.

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 06:43 AM
moss can walk on water though :roll:
shouldn't he be able to push the Raiders to the top of the AFC West?
also the raiders D looked as bad as our D did when we had Moss

Vikes
10-17-2005, 08:00 AM
Cain wrote:

finally turned off the Viking-V-Bears game...after Culpepper threw his 2nd pick...and all I can say is....

MY GOD DO WE SUCK!!!!!

First let me be the first to let the cat out the bag!

The Bears game was a "high-class scrimmage"

PEOPLE PLEASE step back and take a DEEP breathe.

We will WIN the division.

The 2 people add to help Tice need to evaluate the team. This is the only way to fix it. The Vikings lost the game because of penalties. Not because PEP threw 2 INTs. We lost because of FLAGS.

WE BET ourselves. The Vikings have the talent they need to use it.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 08:57 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

Your HATE is so strong there is no reasoning with you.

deemon
10-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Win the division who cares this team is embarassing and I dont care about the boat ride what do you expect from 20+ year old millionaires.

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 09:13 AM

"mnvikes61" wrote:

Your HATE is so strong there is no reasoning with you.
nope there isn't PPE. i really did not and will not ever care for moss. he is a great player with a piss poor attitude, which we aren't going to into because i'm done arguing about Moss. i understand why people are moss fans but i'm just not one of them.

hailtocarter
10-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Caine I don't know you but I think I'm here to back you up...Do you guys know how easy it is to say that "it all starts with the o-line?" I know it seems like the "smart" thing to say, but get off Daunte's butt and realize that he is not (at this point) the QB that we need right now. Would a great or even good QB throw 2, yes 2 remarkably erroneous passes that would be TD's from any decent college QB? 2 years ago Pepp displayed an erratic style of football which included numerous fumbles and INT's, he then proceeded to have ONE good year where his supporting cast worked beautifully with him to create a stellar offensive attack, and then he comes back this year and shows that unless all the cards are played right he will basically shut an offense down, despite a revamped running attack. I agree with everyone that the penalties are ridiculous and hurt the offense, but in my few years watching this game I've seen at least a couple teams score at least A touchdown with an atrocious day with the yellow flag. Anyways, I love the vikings more than anyone, but I just don't think Pepp needs so much support, and I think he needs much of the blame laid on his shoulders. I still believe that our team is just a step away from being a very strong contender, but right now I feel like it's with Brad Johnson, not Pepp. Well, I gotta get back to drinkin' so I can forget about yet another disappointing Sunday, but feel free to tear me a new you know what, I love to hear what everyone thinks around here.

GO VIKES!!!!

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah, come on, it's ONLY our fourth loss.

:roll:

digital420
10-17-2005, 09:59 AM
They way i see it we killed oursevles with he flags. lack of timing.. and some strange absent rythem...

i won't jump on the moss malakias bandwagon..
i won't jump down tices throat.. (not yet)
i won't stop sitting up all nite (athens-greece time for games)

but

i will start asking why we are getting stupid penelties just when we start to gain something? our rythem is tossed out the window and we are at a loss as for what to do????????

i'm not sure exactly how this will turn around, but i know it will.. i was laughing when people said we'd have 5 - 6 losses.. now.. i can see it far to easily.. we have talent.. we have a great team.. we need direction.. we need to gel like a team.. if it's gonna take grabbin the whole team and going to nevada and setting up some crazy weekend.. hell man DO IT!!

whatever it's gonna take for these guys to come together and play like the team they should..

my only real confidence is that ever time we went 5 - 0, 7 - 0 and rocketed in the begining of the year we faded in the end.. so this year we STORM INTO THE END!!! still won't give up on D. C. still don't giv eup on our D.. it'll take this embarassing loss i bet to rally these guys into what they should be.. NFC Champs!!!

DiGiTaL

MensaTice
10-17-2005, 10:14 AM
"Nightgaunt" wrote:

Blah blah blah, Yah, Moss made Culpepper, Glad your not watching the same games as me. Thats about the most unintelligent thing i have heard on this site yet. It starts at the top, and last time i checked DC wasnt in a coaching postion. If you wanna blame someone on the team as a PLAYER, look no further then your offensive line. After a QB has had his world rocked a few times he gets a little jittery. Add in a leg injury with a QB that is good on the run you have a recipe for disaster. And i'll be sure to bookmark this post so next year when we have a NEW coaching staff and a new attitude i can bump this up when were doing well just to make you look like a rookie. Sorry i didnt agree with your sad excuse, but im not buying it.... :lol:

Calling out Caine. This could get entertaining :smile:

Caine
10-17-2005, 10:35 AM
"Nightgaunt" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

MY GOD DO WE SUCK!!!!!

I can't.

MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!!!

BULL CRAP!!

Pass the A1, please.

Caine

Whose games are you watching? Certainly not the Vikings. I offered my opinion then backed it up with facts...what are you supporting your thesis with? Excuses?

It starts at the top...but the coaches aren't the ones on the field. I haven't yet seen the play that diagramed Culpepper tossing it to the opposition...yet he's run that one 12 times in 5 games. If he was pulling some positives as well, I could overlook some of the negative...but he isn't. He has 4 TD Passes in 5 games...and 12 INT's to go along with them. Regardless of what's being called, Daunte isn't getting it done...and THAT isn't the Coaches fault.

The O-Line has held - in MOST cases - long enough for Culpepper to do SOMETHING with the ball....he just isn't doing it (Unless you count throwing to the other team). He stands back there with the deer-in-headlights look...play after play. Then, when he DID do something, it was short dump-offs to Wiggins. Jeez, bet they didn't see THOSE comming.

Leg injury? He "claimed" he was feeling good. Funny, we don't see any other oft-injured QB's blaming injuries or making excuses. In fact, a Division opponent who is oft-injured plays his butt off while injured. And, if he's hurt badly enough to adversely affect his play, then he should be smart enough to NOT play and further hurt his team (Which he has done in 4 of 5 games this year).

As for Daunte being "good on the run"...the coaches (Starting with Green) curtailed that early on. It shows now in his indecisiveness when facing pocket pressure. He tucked and ran once versus the Bears...and grabbed a chunk of yards. But, most times, he rolled out and threw - inaccurately.

So, while I thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I think I'll stick to my guns on this one. I'm sorry that the cold hard facts don't fit with your perception of what is and what isn't...but that's life.

PEOPLE IN GENERAL:

People who are dogging the D need to remember that our O was giving them a lot of short fields and 3-n-outs to contend with. For the most part, our D kept us alive...our Offense, meanwhile, was slitting our wrists and watching us bleed out.

Yes, the coaching is horrible. What do you expect from bargain bin coaches? I fully expect that we will see an entirely new staff in place next season. I don't see us making any moves in mid-season as I don't see anyone on staff who can step up, or anyone available NOW who can elevate our play. God help us if they promote Cottrell...I'd fire HIM before I fired Tice.

People who being up Moss taking off plays need to remember that every play he took off, at least 2 Defenders did the same. Just him lining up altered Defensive schemes. They HAD to account for him on EVERY play...regardless of what he did or didn't do.

And the water bottle incident was a LOOONG time ago...and he did it ONCE. It wasn't like he was squirting a new official each week. All in all, I'll take 15 positive games and 1 with an incident over 4 out of 5 games loaded with Offensive ineptitude and humiliation.

All in all, I have yet to see anyone post anything remotely resembling a compelling reason for me to rethink my position on this. We have 11 more games...if Culpepper is going to step up, it has to be soon.

Caine

hailtocarter
10-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Caine, I think the reason you haven't seen anyone put forward a noteworthy excuse for Culpepper is because he really has been THAT BAD. I hope he has a darn good look at the past 5 games and makes a change...maybe a rub on P-Will's Budda Belly will do some good.

singersp
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
"digital420" wrote:

i'm not sure exactly how this will turn around, but i know it will.. i was laughing when people said we'd have 5 - 6 losses.. now.. i can see it far to easily.. we have talent.. we have a great team.. we need direction.. we need to gel like a team.. if it's gonna take grabbin the whole team and going to nevada and setting up some crazy weekend. hell man DO IT!!

Not a good idea with this last incident! Plus we have a game to play on the weekend.

ultravikingfan
10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
"hailtocarter" wrote:

Caine, I think the reason you haven't seen anyone put forward a noteworthy excuse for Culpepper is because he really has been THAT BAD. I hope he has a darn good look at the past 5 games and makes a change...maybe a rub on P-Will's Budda Belly will do some good.

I don't think he's "That Bad". Maybe not "As Good" as we are used to.