PDA

View Full Version : I'm done supporting C-Pep

MensaTice
10-16-2005, 09:07 PM
His accuracy is atrocious. He has misfired on nearly every pass. This is making me sick.

MensaTice
10-16-2005, 09:09 PM
My bad. Wrong forum.

GBFan
10-16-2005, 09:10 PM
as this season goes along, we are learning each and every week that Moss made Culpepper

DesertPurple
10-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Ye gods...the KFAN homers are calling for Daunte's head....now I KNOW we are over the Purple Rainbow!!!

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 09:15 PM
yah pep's accuracy has been scaring me this game and this entire season

gregair13
10-16-2005, 09:18 PM
i cant believe i want to see brad johnson play. :(

blvdnights05
10-16-2005, 09:24 PM
*takes culpepper jersey off*

so how bout we draft vince young if he forgoes his sr season?

coryface2000
10-16-2005, 09:36 PM
No more dancing around it. If we cant beat chicago we will NEVER win this devision. Tice better not survive this week. They say to never bring in a new coach in the middle of a season but with the division as weak as it is I cant see how it can hurt any.

bckNblck
10-16-2005, 09:36 PM
you guys are rediculous..

bckNblck
10-16-2005, 09:38 PM
WE NEED TO FIRE TICE NOW!

mrviking28
10-16-2005, 09:38 PM
My #11 jersey is going to the salvation army

blvdnights05
10-16-2005, 09:39 PM
well considering you have a sig with bennet i would say you my friend are rediculous

Calmwind
10-16-2005, 09:40 PM
It wouldnt hurt us, we are not going to do anything this season anyway. I know some will still believe and say its a weak division, well we are the weakest of the weak my friends, get over it we suck bad all over the field

jimmymac
10-16-2005, 09:41 PM
It's about time you saw that Culpepper sucks. I've been saying it all along.

Clean house!!! This team SUCKS.

bckNblck
10-16-2005, 09:41 PM
typical vikings fans giving up on there team... what else is new.. we all know there playing bad.. do you need to make pointless threads to prove to us something we can all see ourselves

jimmymac
10-16-2005, 09:42 PM
And fire Culpepper!

MediaLoca
10-16-2005, 09:44 PM
1-10-MIN35 (5:29) (Shotgun) M.Moore left tackle to MIN 36 for 1 yard (L.Briggs).
2-9-MIN36 (4:52) M.Bennett right guard to MIN 42 for 6 yards (M.Brown).
3-3-MIN42 (4:10) (Shotgun) M.Bennett right guard to MIN 43 for 1 yard (L.Briggs).
4-2-MIN43 (3:32) (Punt formation) C.Kluwe punts 55 yards to CHI 2, Center-C.Loeffler. B.Wade pushed ob at MIN 49 for 49 yards (C.Kluwe).

Micheal Bennett On a 3 and Three.....

WHAT THE @#$@#$#@%$#$@#$)_*@$)(@&$#()@&$()@&*$()@&*$#()@&*$()@&$#)(@&$#()@&$()@&$()@&#$()@&$()@&$()&$()@&$#()&@$(&@()&$()@&$#()@&()@&$()@&()@409@7$#90&@()&@#&@$()@&$()@&$@90+#_$(@#_@#%$^@&#84(@40-3

I love our Play calling..

mrviking28
10-16-2005, 09:46 PM
"bckNblck" wrote:

typical vikings fans giving up on there team... what else is new.. we all know there playing bad.. do you need to make pointless threads to prove to us something we can all see ourselvesThe team gave up first.

Calmwind
10-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Thats the prob, it should be M&m on every run, im sick of the carosel

DeathtoDenny
10-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Tice just stares dumbfoundedly when the mediocre bears score and score and score. Get angry once in a while! I AM!

MediaLoca
10-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I woke up in panic ...sweating..And in desperate urge to drink some hot cocoa...

I had a dream that i was playing madden....and every single player was named tice ...#40 tice #11 Tice #20 Tice ...EVERYONE.....I woke up screaming Why GOD WHY ...what are you trying to tell me ..

The Players REFLECT THE COACH on and off the Field...Never took away credit from mike tice but for these 5 losses i CANT blame the talent on the Team...with another coach we'd be super bowl conteders for sure..

SO FIRE TICE BEFORE I HVE MORE DREAMS..!!!

:P

DeathtoDenny
10-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Its the coaching. They have no control over Pep. There's no other explaination. I recall moss being out a bunch of games and Culpepper doing fine. We're all going to have to just drink this season away and hope for good coaches to be hired.

DesertPurple
10-16-2005, 10:00 PM
I give up........why do threads disappear summarily on this website?? Can anybody tell me please?

ultravikingfan
10-16-2005, 10:03 PM
"DesertPurple" wrote:

I give up........why do threads disappear summarily on this website?? Can anybody tell me please?

Put yours in the right forum and at least give it a little content.

Tired of badysitting certain members. :???:

DesertPurple
10-16-2005, 10:05 PM
CYA....and Seig Heil!

Deadly_Diabetic
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
<Big Sigh>

Wow, I'm depressed. I have to admit that I drank that purple kool-aide at the beginning of the season but this is just heart breaking. I'm not quite ready to give up on C-pep yet. He is playing very scared right now and you can't blame him given the way our O-line has played. I still want to blame the coaches, and maybe that's just a rationalization because it is easier to blame them, but we can't get rid of them mid season. It just doesn't work. Zigi knows that and we won't see the house cleaning until the end of the season.

I'm going to go cry now.

-DD

ultravikingfan
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
"DesertPurple" wrote:

CYA....and Seig Heil!

Thats fine.

PP.O has a very easy format to follow with rules. If you do not want to conform to the rules that webby sets forth, leaving is your choice.

If you, or anybody, has any problem with the mods or me...you have the right to state your case to webby.

100 different "We suck" and "Fire Tice" threads would turn away more members instantly. We try to keep things organized for the benefit of our valued members.

Since you seem to be having problems, feel free to read this:

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13495

Have a nice day.

MensaTice
10-16-2005, 10:10 PM
"bckNblck" wrote:

typical vikings fans giving up on there team... what else is new.. we all know there playing bad.. do you need to make pointless threads to prove to us something we can all see ourselves

I'm not giving up on my team. I will always love this team. I have given up on Tice and Daunte.

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 10:13 PM
i'm definately never ever going to give up on the vikings. i will always root for them and i will take all the crap i get for being a vikings fan.

vikingTurf
10-16-2005, 10:13 PM
while zygi is going to take couple yrs to fix the team, i am going to support jacksonville and leftwich as my temporary team..........at least they have heart.

vikinggreg
10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
"MensaTice" wrote:

I'm not giving up on my team. I will always love this team. I have given up on Tice and Daunte.

I don't think Johnson would do better with this team right now

Ltrey33
10-16-2005, 10:17 PM
"bckNblck" wrote:

you guys are rediculous..
Agreed.

"bckNblck" wrote:

WE NEED TO FIRE TICE NOW!
Agreed again.

LosAngelis
10-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Johnson bobbled a snap. My God, if you can't handle a snap, you think you're going to improve over Culpepper?

Culpepper looked sad at the end of that game. I do not understand why you do not pull him out and let Johnson mop up the garbage time, though.

Culpepper has a fragile ego, and its obvious his is in free-fall right now. Let him take an early shower, come back next week. Instead, leave him out there for two more embarassing snaps. Good news for us next week, I guess, but Tice has got to get a brain in terms of how his decisions affect the team morale.

Culpepper is looking terrible, but it must be remembered that he is only a part of the problem, and replacing him isn't going to fix all the other problems you guys have.

Gift
10-16-2005, 10:38 PM
C-pep would be a decent back-up & Tice could probably park my car with consistency. This season is over.

vikinggreg
10-16-2005, 10:45 PM
"Gift" wrote:

C-pep would be a decent back-up & Tice could probably park my car with consistency. This season is over.

I guess you don't like your car

DarrinNelsonguy
10-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Daunte just looks lost out there on the field we have to find some way to settle him down. He is not the only one playing terrible right now, seeing his bad play is just obvious though because of the position he plays.

Gift
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

I guess you don't like your carlol, good point

V4L
We need to atleast bench pep for a quarter or half or something.. We did that one year and he came out firing when he got his chance again.. It's not his fault.. Peyton, Eli, Bledsoe, Brady, anyone of them would do as bad as Pep is doing when you get blitzed EVERY frickin play.. Pep did what he could

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Pep looked good at the beginning of the game. i think though that he began to get frustrated that we weren't scoring in the red zone and began to get away from the scheme of check downs and taking what the defense was giving him.

vikinggreg
10-16-2005, 11:02 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

We need to atleast bench pep for a quarter or half or something.. We did that one year and he came out firing when he got his chance again.. It's not his fault.. Peyton, Eli, Bledsoe, Brady, anyone of them would do as bad as Pep is doing when you get blitzed EVERY frickin play.. Pep did what he could

I can't believe the way Tice leaves him hanging out there, is he waiting for an serious injury to take him out. Pep can play he needs help and Tice is to thick to see this.

V4L
10-16-2005, 11:07 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I can't believe the way Tice leaves him hanging out there, is he waiting for an serious injury to take him out. Pep can play he needs help and Tice is to thick to see this.

I hear ya bro! I'm starting to feel bad for Pep.. It's also sad how much critizism (sp) he gets now after his awesome year last year

hovan
10-16-2005, 11:34 PM
I think Tice allready gave up on him. Punting on 4-3 in the fourth. Unbelieveable.

V4L
10-16-2005, 11:43 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"MensaTice" wrote:

I don't think Johnson would do better with this team right now

Agreed man.. I couldn't imagine him taking all those blitzes that Pep took today! He would get up crying I gaurentee it! :lol:

DaunteHOF
10-16-2005, 11:47 PM
this is a team game...

brock
10-16-2005, 11:51 PM
I want Birk back...:(

finnishvikingsfan
10-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Fowler didnt look to bad out there.

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 11:54 PM
nah i thought our o-line was doing as good as it could against the heavy blitz packages they were seeing.

V4L
10-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Goldberg was pushing people around too.. We needed to keep memo and Kleinny at the line for blocking.. Pick up them blitzes and let our WR's work 1 on 1.. That's what I think atleast

mnvikes61
10-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Kleinny looked out of sorts after he took that hit in the endzone. did anybody hear anything about it if he was injuried or anything?

i thought we should have done some screen passes or dumped the pass off to a RB coming out of the RB when they were blitzing like crazy. the bears have a great defense and they played a great game. i'm not going pin it entirely on our offense today.

V4L
10-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Agreed MN.. They do have a great D.. We could have done some other things though to counter what they were doing.. It was the same thing for them over and over.. But yah they still played a great game

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Right now I'm bummed over culpepper...i LOVE culpepper...but right now he needs to get his act together. IDK what direction to move in, part of me still has faith that he is our man, and the other part is like he needs to sit and get things straight. but I back culpepper 100% and I dont care what anyone says on here you cant change my mind. so to me, its culpepper or bust.

Lotza
10-17-2005, 12:49 AM
i have been very, very optimistic so far this season. but now its simple. CULPEPPER needs to step up his game right now! every aspect of it. the vikings need to step up their game NOW. We have very talented players bvut we are a joke of a TEAM. i am not, ever going to give up on my vikings but i will. be realistic. we belong on the bottom of this division until we show that we are for real. That might not happen this year, it my not happen next year or it may happen next week. but we NEED to play real proffesional football. we are a joke right now. However as long as we are the MINNESOTA vikings i and we all still have hope.

a very frustrated lotza.

mvikes84
10-17-2005, 03:31 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Right now I'm bummed over culpepper...i LOVE culpepper...but right now he needs to get his act together. IDK what direction to move in, part of me still has faith that he is our man, and the other part is like he needs to sit and get things straight. but I back culpepper 100% and I dont care what anyone says on here you cant change my mind. so to me, its culpepper or bust. They say love is blind and your proof of it.

Mr. Purple
10-17-2005, 03:35 AM
no, I think that I stick with my team. Even when my qb is playin bad and the team moral is down, I stick with them. This guy is the real deal, hes a hell of a guy and I respect him 100%. I have 100% faith in this team. What real fans realize is, we're not playing good football, the pieces are there, we're just not executing. I will stand bye culpepper and never give up on the guy.

magicci
10-17-2005, 06:19 AM
yea when culpepper does do good again you will all be back on his bandwagon just like before. you people really make me sick right now.

audioghost
10-17-2005, 06:29 AM
"magicci" wrote:

yea when culpepper does do good again you will all be back on his bandwagon just like before. you people really make me sick right now.

True dat! Thats what I'M sayin', he will be great once again....we just gotta have faith....

mnvikes61
10-17-2005, 06:30 AM
honestly magicci i hope Pep makes me eat crow believe me i really do because then that means we're actually playing better!

loudog
10-17-2005, 06:45 AM
How many good seasons has Culpepper had?

His first year starting (2000), he was a beast. His running game was excellent, and he passed the ball well.

The next few years (2001 to 2003), he was the "fumble king." His physical talents and potential are endless, but he never seems to live-up to his potential during these years.

Last season (2004), he was the shiznit, and showed to be among the best ever.

Now he's back in that mode that we saw througout 2001 to 2003, but even worse than before.

My point is: he's had more bad seasons than good ones, and overall, has failed to meet expectations throughout his career.

I wish him success, but I don't see it coming anytime soon.

Articnv
10-17-2005, 06:50 AM
I m sory but its nto C peps Fault. The coachign staff had 2 fliping weeks to prepare for thsi game and put together plays that would offsite blitz heavy packages because we been seeing them all year.

We got a team playign with out confidance, a coach that dosnt discpline or motivate and every one nows he will be gone at the end of season. I hope hes gone sooner cause we cant do worse.

Nowing thoose things means team moral si bad, they dont see a reason to play for the coach.

I still will watch the vikes every game, put any qb ih leaguge from any erea witht he oline and coachign staff we have and they will play like crap because theres no motivation for them to do well.

Once cpep gets his confidance back all you bandwagon jumpers will be climbing to get back on.

For thoose syaing moss made cpep, it was linahan taht made cpep the qb he was last year. Look what moss is doing for teh raiders, he dosnt make a 1/2 a$$ qb a great qb just by being on the team.

rant off

Vikes
10-17-2005, 07:13 AM
"mrviking28" wrote:

My #11 jersey is going to the salvation army

I'll buy it!!! Bandwagon FAN GUY!!!! Better yet I'll hold it until you are ready to jump on the bandwagon again.

Vikes
10-17-2005, 07:15 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

And fire Culpepper!
Another Bandwagon FAN!!!! Get off NOW PLEASE!!!!!

The Vikings are Fine we will still WIN the division.

MensaTice
10-17-2005, 08:49 AM
"magicci" wrote:

I disagree with this and all the bandwagon talk. I have always been skeptical of C-Pep being a championship QB. I think he is great sometimes an pitiful other times. I'll admit that while I was skeptical in the past, I always liked him and supported him as our QB. Last year he won me over. After getting rid of Moss, this became Daunte's team. So far it has been a huge failure. He talked all off-season about how it is his team. He should shoulder a ton of blame. He was also so quick to blow off the media about the boat incident and just wanted to talk about Chicago. If that's the best he could do with how focused he seemed about this game last week and after having two weeks to prepare for those guys, that is just sad.

Now, I'm done with it. I really hope he does do well. I just don't see it happening. He has never proved that he can win on the road and he has been so inaccurate this season its painful. Not trusting him to bring us to where we hope to be does not make me a bandwagon fan. I'll cheer for him to do well as long as he's playing, same goes for any Vike, but how long can we sit and watch this and tell ourselves he's playing well when he can't hit an open guy on a screen pass or over/under throws every fade. Not wanting to see him set records for the worst season ever does not make us a bandwagon fan.

Culpepper is a polarizing player. People think he's the best or the worst. Look at the players poll in SI, he recieved votes for being the most overrated and the most underrated QB in the NFL by his peers. Hopefully he'll turn it around because clearly they're going to stick with him.

This bandwagon talk needs to stop. We all love the Vikes. We just differ in our opinions on personel.

freaky
10-17-2005, 09:09 AM
god there's some p*ss weak supporter's out there! how dare you support the same team i would bleed for..regardless of how crap things are & how frustrated we all are, nothing justifies throwing in the towel & dissing our players..

yes daunte is going through a crap period, but form is temporary & class is forever! pepp can play & once his confidence returns he will prove all you pathetic people wrong. i will never remove my jersey as long as he goes out there every week & bleeds for this club..geez there's some short memories out there..

MensaTice
10-17-2005, 09:23 AM
I never said I'm throwing in the towel and I don't know that anyone else is either. An honest question is how come people don't get as defensive on behalf of Tice like they do for pepp? Are you less of a fan if you don't like seeing Culpepper play like garbage and voice your frustration than you are if you look on the bright side of everything? To each thier own. I hope he does prove me wrong. Talk is cheap, results are all that matter in the NFL. I'll still watch every game and I think everyone on this site will too.

PurplePackerEater
10-17-2005, 09:27 AM
"freaky" wrote:

god there's some p*ss weak supporter's out there! how dare you support the same team i would bleed for..regardless of how crap things are & how frustrated we all are, nothing justifies throwing in the towel & dissing our players..

yes daunte is going through a crap period, but form is temporary & class is forever! pepp can play & once his confidence returns he will prove all you pathetic people wrong. i will never remove my jersey as long as he goes out there every week & bleeds for this club..geez there's some short memories out there..

Is this an American thing?

:grin:

MensaTice
10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Whats "Pathetic" is three points against the Bears.

But you're right, how dare we diss that.

Storm
10-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Moss made Culpepper. K thx.

What's been confusing me the most though, is Tice's unwillingness to bench him, even for the garbage time in blow out losses. What is he trying to acomplish there, get Pep injured to have an excuse for playing Brad?

NordicNed
10-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Let go of Pep?

And replace him with who?........Get real man, Getting rid of Pep shouldn't even be a thought in anyones mind...

Pep is not the problem.

slinkey
10-18-2005, 04:12 AM
Sorry if this was already in another thread, but I assume you guys saw the 4th and 9 play near the end of the game when culpepper lost about 15 yards on a sack giving the bears the ball on the vikings 1 yard line. That was the worst play I have seen a qb make in a long time. He HAS to get rid of that ball. If I was the D, I would not speak to him the rest of the year. Also, I noticed he is throwing a lot of balls high. Why is that? Also, I noticed Williamson is not running through his routes if he is not the intended target.

cc21
10-18-2005, 04:17 AM
It looks like you have noticed a lot of things. The fact is that the Vikings just arent that good this year and probably wont get a whole lot better no matter how much we want them to. I will still stay behind them all the way but we can't expect them to get a whole lot better as the season goes on. I don't know what is wrong with Pep. People keep saying he has always sucked but thats not the case. You don't have a season like he did last year and suck at playing quarterback.

VegasLadyJae
10-18-2005, 04:20 AM
"slinkey" wrote:

Sorry if this was already in another thread, but I assume you guys saw the 4th and 9 play near the end of the game when culpepper lost about 15 yards on a sack giving the bears the ball on the vikings 1 yard line. That was the worst play I have seen a qb make in a long time. He HAS to get rid of that ball. If I was the D, I would not speak to him the rest of the year. Also, I noticed he is throwing a lot of balls high. Why is that? Also, I noticed Williamson is not running through his routes if he is not the intended target.

Why didn't we punt? I have never in my life seen 4th down from our own 9 yard line and go for it when the game has been pretty much decided..... Again Tice magic.....Culpepper throws high because of his knee he cannot plant to throw correctly, enough times during a game.

6-KINGS
10-18-2005, 04:24 AM
Well the frustration is understandable. But in all the sports I played, turning your back on a player like the starting QB is always a bad move.
In most cases that will divide a team right down the middle and then it splits even more from there.
This team musr stick together, through thick and thin. Otherwise problems in the future will cause that splinter at the first sign of trouble.
Daunte has made som bad choices this season that is for sure.

The pressure is getting to him IMO. It is getting to everybody.
I am not the coach but if I was, Daunte would get pulled from the fire for a bit. Let Brad carry that burden for a game or two.
Daunte's mind is not in the right place IMO.
Mental fatigue. He needs to step back and refocus as a temporary back up.
I certainly think it won't hurt.

SamDawg84
10-18-2005, 04:25 AM
Pep is the man!

cc21
10-18-2005, 04:27 AM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

Pep is the man!Amen to that. He is still our guy, he is just in a really bad slump.

Viking_Queen
10-18-2005, 04:31 AM
That's exactly how I feel 6 if Culpepper is struggling let Brad in there. I would like to see what he can do.

Ltrey33
10-18-2005, 04:39 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

"SamDawg84" wrote:

Pep is the man!Amen to that. He is still our guy, he is just in a really bad slump.

Yeah, everyone slumps. I hope that is what it is....any athelete knows, it happens to the best of us.

6-KINGS
10-18-2005, 04:43 AM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

Pep is the man!

Yeap he is THE MAN!

I just think he needs a small break, before this breaks him.
Then what do we have?
Cullpepper tends to get down on himself and that is not good.
There is just so much he can shake off between games.

brfvikefan
10-18-2005, 04:43 AM
Culpepper has never been a very smart QB. He got by for several years because Moss required so much attention from the opposing defense. A good QB can step up to the line and make adjustments depending on what the "D" looks like. (Peyton Manning) A good QB can sense pressure coming from his backside and get rid of the ball instead of getting hacked and fumbling game after game. With the amount of pressure being put on Culpepper there has to be wide receivers open. If you rush 6 or 7 guys on defense then someone has to be open. Opposing defenses have figured out that if you just keep blitzing, Culpepper will make bad decisions and turn the ball over. How about some quick slants over the middle when all the linebackers are comming hard. It sure isn't much fun when your team is the laughing stock of the NFL. I have been a viking fan since they joined the league in 1961 and I can remember when we were a respected franchise. I think it's time we cleaned house, starting with most of the coaching staff and alot of the high priced players that can't seem to get themselves ready to play football on Sunday. (Offensive line) I hope Mr. Wilf is true to his word and builds a team we can all be proud of once again!

viks_fan21
10-18-2005, 04:45 AM
he'll be fine

SWAYZE74
10-18-2005, 08:58 AM
yup...pep is the man...the man that has 4 TDs and 12 picks...check his passer rating...hes right above...hmmm...whos that dude..oh yeah..orton...do some research...look at the stats on nfl.com...see how many vikes players are in the top 30 of anything...take your pick...i love pep and i hope he snaps out of what ever he's goin through...til then..stats dont lie...

peace...

akvikefan89
10-18-2005, 09:20 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again: We all saw Pep play well last year without Moss.

This year he has had little (if any) support from the following:

1. Offensive coordinator help.
Loney was a decent line coach, moving him up is a after-blow of the Red McCombs era.

2. O-Line help.
I know you can't blame everything on the O-Line, but they have played better than only the Cardinals line all year. Losing an All-Pro center and a veteran gaurd is no small matter.

3. Running game.
We need to draft a RB higher than the fourth round one of these years. Think of all the great teams out there this year, their success on the ground (and/or great defense) is what makes them great. Examples:

Colts-Edge
Eagles-Westbrook
Falcons-Dunn and Vick
Chargers-LT
Bucs-Caddilac
Bengals-Rudi

There are more, but great running backs will win you games when you simply hand them the ball. Given, some teams with great RB's are not that good, but a good RB is key to a great team and it is something that I hope to see the Vikings add in the near future...he hem, back to the list:

4. Tice.
I have played football and nothing to me was more disturbing then when I sensed my coach was discouraged and giving up. Some Vikings players have already said they feel that Tice is giving up on the season, great.

Also need to bring in some rookie scouting. Red spent next to no money on this and Wilf will so that we don't end up with any more Bennett's.

These are all things that can be fixed in one offseason. Zygi will get a solid coaching staff and scout team in here, they might consider draft a RB in the first round depending on where they draft, and with all the cap space opening up next season they will bring in some O-Lineman that will protect our QB and make holes for our RB's. I'm not giving up on this season, but don't expect things to go in a downward spiral after this season, Wilf won't let that happen, he is going to build one of the most solid franchises in the NFL.

collegeguyjeff
10-18-2005, 10:30 AM
"GBFan" wrote:

as this season goes along, we are learning each and every week that Moss made Culpeppervc

yeah your absolutly right, thats why kerry collins still sucks and the vikings averaged 27 points a game without moss last year good post.

Lotza
10-18-2005, 12:52 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: We all saw Pep play well last year without Moss.

This year he has had little (if any) support from the following:

1. Offensive coordinator help.
Loney was a decent line coach, moving him up is a after-blow of the Red McCombs era.

2. O-Line help.
I know you can't blame everything on the O-Line, but they have played better than only the Cardinals line all year. Losing an All-Pro center and a veteran gaurd is no small matter.

3. Running game.
We need to draft a RB higher than the fourth round one of these years. Think of all the great teams out there this year, their success on the ground (and/or great defense) is what makes them great. Examples:

Colts-Edge
Eagles-Westbrook
Falcons-Dunn and Vick
Chargers-LT
Bucs-Caddilac
Bengals-Rudi

There are more, but great running backs will win you games when you simply hand them the ball. Given, some teams with great RB's are not that good, but a good RB is key to a great team and it is something that I hope to see the Vikings add in the near future...he hem, back to the list:

4. Tice.
I have played football and nothing to me was more disturbing then when I sensed my coach was discouraged and giving up. Some Vikings players have already said they feel that Tice is giving up on the season, great.

Also need to bring in some rookie scouting. Red spent next to no money on this and Wilf will so that we don't end up with any more Bennett's.

These are all things that can be fixed in one offseason. Zygi will get a solid coaching staff and scout team in here, they might consider draft a RB in the first round depending on where they draft, and with all the cap space opening up next season they will bring in some O-Lineman that will protect our QB and make holes for our RB's. I'm not giving up on this season, but don't expect things to go in a downward spiral after this season, Wilf won't let that happen, he is going to build one of the most solid franchises in the NFL. nice post

PAvikesfan
10-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Culp, Culp, Culp....

who is this guy and when do we get the old QB back from outerspace?

he sucks. i don't think he could lead us to a supermarket...

GBFan
10-18-2005, 02:57 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

3. Running game.

Colts-Edge
Eagles-Westbrook
Falcons-Dunn and Vick
Chargers-LT
Bucs-Caddilac
Bengals-Rudi

I wouldn't include the Eagles in that list, their running game is basically NON-EXISTENT as well

GBFan
10-18-2005, 03:01 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"GBFan" wrote:

as this season goes along, we are learning each and every week that Moss made Culpeppervc

yeah your absolutly right, thats why kerry collins still sucks and the vikings averaged 27 points a game without moss last year good post.

key word: LAST YEAR

how many points a game are they averaging this year without Moss?

how can a QB go from having 39 TD's and 11 INT's one year

then the very next start out with 4 TD's and 12 INT's

he's already got more INT's this year than he had ALL of last year

Del Rio
10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
The thing is this.

Moss probably does have an effect on the way Culpepper is playing.

But the mere fact that people so easily push aside the obvious pieces that are missing is ignorant.

We lost an OC we don't have a REAL one yet. Culpepper really liked Linehan.

We have a yound offensive line. This is huge.

Those are big things. Bigger then Moss. Those are structural changes to the team.

This is crazy.

GBFan
10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure anyone can give a clear answer as to why Culpepper is struggling

a player having a dropoff as big as this is just unheard of

especially since Culpepper has been a good QB throughout his career

Del Rio
10-18-2005, 03:21 PM
That's why to me anyways it makes more sense to add up all the missing pieces. A failure of this level must be a combination of many things.

If you chaulk it up to Moss being gone you are just being and ignorant fanboi.

sunny
10-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Every cloud has a silver linning! And the Vikings silver linning is coming this weekend! My projected stats for C Pep. 325yrds 4td(1 rush)

Thank you Green Bay

This boost of confidence will cary C Pep for the rest of the year.
My butt is firmly planted on the purple bandwagon.

V4L
10-18-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't see numbers that like.. We can hope though I spose

sunny
10-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Green Bay Pass Defense through five games.

9 TDs allow (almost 2 per game)
10 sacks ((only 2 per game)no blitz package to speak of)
4 Ints (not even one per game)

Yeah I see C Pep coming out this week and rippin it up

DCPologirl
10-18-2005, 05:58 PM
I personally will continue to proudly wear my Culpepper jersey every single sunday! In Redskin territory at that! SKOL!

ultravikingfan
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
"sunny" wrote:

The are 10th in total Defense. That is by yards allowed.

That scares me more than the sacks and INT's. Together they do pretty well.

SharperVikings
10-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Peps just trying too hard. He had arguably his best game against chicago up until the 4th quarter when he started to feel the pressure, started to press, and threw his first pick. Just wait till this weekend. Its the real test against argueably the worst passing defense in the league..... I believe in him, he can do it, we saw last year when moss was out. The pressures on him, and hes feeling it too much. He will come back and change the season for us minnesota fans!

freaky
10-19-2005, 04:00 AM
hahaha..yeah i can really see Brad doing well with that protection...ouch.
as for no one coming to the defense of Tice, it's kind of hard with all that's been said & done. i think most of us thought he's man management would be a real strength but it hasn't done sh*t. i think he's just shown his inexperience under all this pressure & that's impossible to defend.

umaguma1979
10-19-2005, 04:22 AM
I don't think the Vikes played that bad on offense. Yes, the penalties hurt and really killed drives. The missed field goals were key - especially the fumbled snap - field goals are needed to give the defense some room. But touchdowns win football games as Bud grant used to say. The Vikings play calling is terrible. Looney must go. The couple drives were great. Short passing mixed in with some nice running plays........classic west coast offense.......really put Pep & the boys in a nice rhythm. With the exception of these two drives.......we did not run any rassle/dassle plays. What happened to the play action fake, end arounds, Qb draws? Culpepper just took all the underneath stuff the Chicago cover 2 defense yeilded. Pep through one bad pass and Williamson's experience was the factor on the other pick. I don't Pep played bad......he played within himself. Once again, the coaching staff failed to make the right adjustments at halftime. We were outcoached.

Bubba_ND
10-19-2005, 04:34 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"sunny" wrote:

The are 10th in total Defense. That is by yards allowed.

That scares me more than the sacks and INT's. Together they do pretty well.
Thats exactly right

Bubba_ND
10-19-2005, 04:36 AM
Sometimes its funny some fans need to stand up for the vikes against other viking fans, isnt that Ironic.

Bubba_ND
10-19-2005, 04:48 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

This bandwagon talk needs to stop. We all love the Vikes. We just differ in our opinions on personel.
and i want the dissing your own team players all the time if they do bad to stop.
Its one thing to praise them and its another to diss them becuz they didnt do what you expected. Do you do the same thing if your son is the QB of the highschool you went to. Love him when he does good, and hate him if he doesnt do that good. just wondering.

Obviously your making us mad, and i guess sticking up for CPEP is making your mad, and some Rube calling.

viqueenhunter
10-19-2005, 05:02 AM
This is like Christmas in october!! Maybe after this next game you will all remember just who owns this division still! Ok.. I'm full of it, I'm just trying to get you guys riled up. I'ts really no fun at all see you wallow in your own self pity. Your team is not doing well, neither is mine. There is a reason that they play all 16 games though.. because, you never know...
In other news, the Badgers once again own the Axe after teaching those young Gophers a lesson! :))

Bubba_ND
10-19-2005, 05:09 AM
In other news, the Badgers once again own the Axe after teaching those young Gophers a lesson! :))

They sure did, my lesson is any good team can rush all over yaa

viqueenhunter
10-19-2005, 05:43 AM
"Bubba_ND" wrote:

In other news, the Badgers once again own the Axe after teaching those young Gophers a lesson! ))

They sure did, my lesson is any good team can rush all over yaaAnd yet the score was.....????

ultravikingfan
10-19-2005, 05:45 AM
"viqueenhunter" wrote:

"Bubba_ND" wrote:

In other news, the Badgers once again own the Axe after teaching those young Gophers a lesson! ))

They sure did, my lesson is any good team can rush all over yaaAnd yet the score was.....????

You'll run out of fingers and toes trying to figure that one out!

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/cheeky/011.gif

viqueenhunter
10-19-2005, 05:56 AM
You'll run out of fingers and toes trying to figure that one out!

Nah...I use one of dem der computatin thangs ;)

Bubba_ND
10-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Thats alright im a Irish fan mostly, but whats the big deal with BSC putting the Badgers in front of the Irish with about 5 other teams we clearly know who is the better team, Irish got hosed and should be in the top 5, on there way to #2. But whats done is done,\.

viqueenhunter
10-21-2005, 05:34 AM
"Bubba_ND" wrote:

Thats alright im a Irish fan mostly, but whats the big deal with BSC putting the Badgers in front of the Irish with about 5 other teams we clearly know who is the better team, Irish got hosed and should be in the top 5, on there way to #2. But whats done is done,\.Well we all know the BCS is useless, I can't wait until the contract is over with on that deal. Can you imagine how great the holidays would be with a real championship play off system for college football? Ahh well, i can dream....

stjmnsota
10-21-2005, 03:27 PM
I have to agree. Culpepper has struggled through his career. Great athlete, but poor executions. Holds the ball way too long and his timing sucks. Always has. When he isn't finding receivers, in come Bauman or Ferrotte and they light it up. Why? Timing and getting rid of the ball.

As Far as Tice goes, I'm sure a great guy. But, I have said this for years that the Vikes need to bring in a big name coach like Bill Parcells, who won't take any crap and bust these guys into shape.

Match a coach like that with an owner like Ziggie, who is claiming to clean up the organization on matter what it takes and you might have a team that actually plays together.

DEEP PURPLE
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I think that the Vikings need to get together and play some good old fashion street football in between games. Then maybe they'll remember that this game is supposed to be fun. They need to get an old Nerf "Screamer" football. (you remember the half yellowish-orange and half black ones, that made a whisling noise when you threw it!!) go out there with no coaches no fans no nobody but the team and remember how to have fun. Especially Daunte.

Daunte: "hey Nate, you see that blue car two houses down."

Nate: "Yea Yea"

Daunte: "your going to go all the way down to the car and hook a left to the baby tree on the other side of the street and I'll hit you. Everybody else just get open."

They are acting like they have a real job right now. They need to realize that they get payed an insane amount of money to play a game, A FREAKING GAME, and its not going to last for ever so enjoy it while you can.

:cheers: NATE!!!!!!!!

PurpleTide
10-21-2005, 04:22 PM
No matter what, we must stay true to our team... Struggling or not. Stay true to your school, girl, family, neighborhood, dog, country. Don't waver, and believe that Pep will turn this season around. I'll drink my beer and soon will be sippin the champain when we take our division. The Viking nation must not divide in adverse times. Losing is frustrating but quiting on your team is sad. Believe...... Skol Vikes.