PDA

View Full Version : Ragnar still has faith in the Vikings

singersp
10-14-2005, 01:19 PM
He says he wasn't aboard the party boats last week ("Heavens, no") and doesn't know who was. But Ragnar, the Minnesota Vikings' long-haired, Harley-riding mascot, says that given the influence of popular culture, people shouldn't be surprised if there were sexual improprieties.

Ragnar is the gridiron alias for Joe Juranitch, assistant dean of students at Hopkins High School. He said the team is part of a society that celebrates TV shows such as "Sex and the City" and "The Simpsons" and did not punish President Bill Clinton for sexual misbehavior "in our house."

That doesn't mean he condones such incidents, he said.

"I believe in abstinence only" outside of marriage, he said. "... I believe as a country we've gotten away from abstinence. ... When have we gotten away from 'No'?"

Even so, he said, he continues to believe the Vikings are "a top-notch organization. ... You bet I do. ... Have some guys tarnished that? Sure."

But he said he expects the new owner, Zygi Wilf, to "take care of" the situation, if the allegations are substantiated.

Juranitch, who has performed as Ragnar for 13 years, said he's faced jokes and questions from school administrators and students about the latest Vikings reports. He doesn't buy some of their theories that football players who earn a lot of money are more likely to consider themselves above others and not subject to societal rules.

If they do, he said, "Shame on you, because pride comes before a great fall."

DAN WASCOE

Ltrey33
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah! Go Ragnar! What a great mascot.

V4L
10-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Rangar is the man! I'll never forget his lil dance he did.. That was way too funny

ultravikingfan
10-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Ragnar for head coach!

V4L
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Ragnar for head coach!

I would definitley put all my money on him doing better then Tice! He's atleast mean..

Lotza
10-14-2005, 04:57 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Ragnar for head coach! i second that notion

singersp
10-15-2005, 01:08 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Rangar is the man! I'll never forget his lil dance he did.. That was way too funny

You really need to get to a game Vikez4Lyfe. Ragnar dances & does crazy stuff during the whole game.

vikesfan353
10-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Ragnar is da man!! My adopted Viking!!!!!

mnvikes61
10-15-2005, 03:08 AM
well he should still have faith in the vikings he's our mascot. if ragnarlost faith in us he shouldn't be doing this job!

V4L
10-15-2005, 03:26 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

You really need to get to a game Vikez4Lyfe. Ragnar dances & does crazy stuff during the whole game.

Yah I know I need to get to a game.. But unfortunetly I have no money.. And my parents don't think I need to go to a game :cry:

Yah he does that throughout the game.. But that one dance that everyone caught was so frickin hilarious :lol:

WBLVikeBabe
10-15-2005, 05:40 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

well he should still have faith in the vikings he's our mascot. if ragnarlost faith in us he shouldn't be doing this job!

I hope Ragnar never loses faith then cause I couldn't imagine anyone else being our mascot!

kjdaddy
10-15-2005, 07:05 AM
Isnt he a high school principal or something like that?

Favre>Culpepper
10-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Who cares what that that ugly beast thinks?