PDA

View Full Version : Napping Harris?

enlvikeman
10-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Was benched...I just heard this today. That's just great! What the hell happens to good players when they put on a Vikings uniform?

V4L
10-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Yah this happened awhile back.. Newman has been playing great and it's being recognized.. Good thing he is starting because he has been around the ball every play he has played it looks like

cc21
10-13-2005, 11:39 PM
That sucks that the player that we traded Randy for wont even be starting for us.

V4L
10-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Yah, it's kinda funny though I think CC.. It's all I can do is laugh about it

natethegreat
10-13-2005, 11:48 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

That sucks that the player that we traded Randy for wont even be starting for us.

yeah it does suck, but i think napo will turn it around sooner or later and will be our best LB in the next couple of years, napo DT and EJ will hopefully be our linebackers of the future, they all have alot of good potential but potential isn't helping us now so i think starting newman is a great idea because has been playing real good when he got some playing time

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 11:54 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Was benched...I just heard this today. That's just great! What the hell happens to good players when they put on a Vikings uniform?

Actually, I thing Nap Harris' worth was inflated by his association with the Randy Moss trade. I don't really remember anyone ever saying he was that good in the first place. I could be wrong though. I have been before.

michaelmazid
10-13-2005, 11:59 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

He was never a good player to begin with. Just an average LB with average skills.

Lotza
10-14-2005, 12:02 AM
mrpp. well newman has played well so why not.

Prime Time 84
10-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Well, isn't that fantabulous!

That means that the net result of the Moss trade was:

Moss for Williamson and a seventh rounder.

Aren't we smart? And look at the big strides we made in off the field behavior and team chemistry!

Damn it feels good to be a Vikes fan.

Oh, and this just in, the Packers have regained their momentum this past week with their blowout of New Orleans. Watch out. I know they're 1-4, but you just watch them win the division.

Sunday's game against the Bears is the season.

Jviking
10-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I hear you Prime Time, it always seems like the packers play us after their bye week. We will see. I am just hoping for a win this weekend in chicago.
Too bad about harris, I really had hoped he could have contributed this season. Newman is hot. We will see what becomes of harris.

Mr. Purple
10-14-2005, 12:35 AM
g-damn we got screwed in that trade...we should have gotten porter or woodson...

michaelmazid
10-14-2005, 12:49 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

g-gol 'darnit we got screwed in that trade...we should have gotten porter or woodson...

we don't need charles woodson. we got fred "get burned for 70 yard touchdown" smoot. :lol:

Lotza
10-14-2005, 12:52 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

Aren't we smart? And look at the big strides we made in off the field behavior and team chemistry!

gol 'darnit it feels good to be a Vikes fan.

Oh, and this just in, the Packers have regained their momentum this past week with their blowout of New Orleans. Watch out. I know they're 1-4, but you just watch them win the division.

Sunday's game against the Bears is the season. are you sure you r a viking fan? maybe your more of a moss fan.

midgensa
10-14-2005, 01:00 AM
We could have gotten Woodson at any point, but he is not worth the cash. I do think the trade should have involved Porter or Curry (I know he is hurt, but he is a great kick returner and solid receiver) in the deal AS WELL as napo and the draft picks. I think that if we held ground we would have definitely been able to get that and it would have made us a lot better and make the trade not looks so lopsided.
We have to beat the Bears this week. Otherwise start the battle for the highest pick in the draft ... Would we dare take Leinart at No. 1? Lets hope we don't even get to think about it.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-14-2005, 01:03 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"Prime Time 84" wrote:

Sunday's game against the Bears is the season. are you sure you r a viking fan? maybe your more of a moss fan.

He has a patriots logo under his name.

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/images/logos/ne.gif

Hooversham
10-14-2005, 01:17 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

Would we dare take Leinart at No. 1? Lets hope we don't even get to think about it.

God I hope not. Taking Leinart would be dumb. We have much more pressing issues than replacing our pro bowl quarterback with an unproven rookie.

FuadFan
10-14-2005, 01:28 AM
I said this on another thread but this is not the end of Harris he can either become more motivated to win his job back after this benching or if he can help by contributing and doing all those little things that Newman did then I'll be happy with him. As far as Porter and Woodson goes Woodson has a one year 10 million dollar franchise tag and there is no player in the NFL that I would want to pay that ammount to for one year and then he may be gone certainly not Woodson and Porter has looked very quiet in action even with Moss drawing all the coverage.

Webby
10-14-2005, 02:32 AM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

Would we dare take Leinart at No. 1? Lets hope we don't even get to think about it.

God I hope not. Taking Leinart would be dumb. We have much more pressing issues than replacing our pro bowl quarterback with an unproven rookie.

BESIDES: We aren't going to have the number one draft pick. Come back to earth, spaceboy!

V4L
10-14-2005, 02:40 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

BESIDES: We aren't going to have the number one draft pick. Come back to earth, spaceboy!

Yah he is higher then me right now! Come back bro! :lol:

Prime Time 84
10-14-2005, 05:23 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"Prime Time 84" wrote:

He has a patriots logo under his name.

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/images/logos/ne.gif

Honestly, I don't know how that got there. I didn't put it there. I tried to figure out how to get rid of it, but isn't really a big deal.

It is true that I'm a huge Randy Moss fan. He was entertaining to watch. Sure, he's not a role model, but as an observer of the game, I enjoyed his amazing catches and off the field antics. And, as I hinted towards, it's not like the Vikings have improved in that area anyway.

Now our team sucks. We aren't fun to watch. We are a laughing stock. The future of the organization looks rather bleak. I'm not very pleased with the current situation.

I was a Vikings fan prior to the arrival of Moss, just for the record. If I was a Moss fan over a Viking fan, I would have become a Raiders fan long ago.

ultravikingfan
10-14-2005, 05:35 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/069.gif

Harris is young, the verdict is not in on him.

Momentum? You're kidding, right? 1 blowout against a pathetic team is not momentum. Their momentum is still the 4 games the lost at the beginning of the season.

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/058.gif

Webby
10-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Just another person who rolls in to spout off, Ultra, he just has to bleat and run. Take it with a grain of salt, especially when he is nothing more than inflammatory rather than constructive.

Prime Time 84
10-14-2005, 05:54 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/069.gif

Harris is young, the verdict is not in on him.

I don't necessarily disagree with that. However, it's pretty disappointing that he's already found a place on the bench.

Momentum? You're kidding, right? 1 blowout against a pathetic team is not momentum. Their momentum is still the 4 games the lost at the beginning of the season.

I'm just going to go ahead and state the obvious; they were 1-4 last year, no? None of their losses this year have been embarassing. They clearly don't have much talent, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they won the division. And the momentum started near the end of the Carolina game. Unlike the Vikings, the Packers are not a team that crumbles when faced with adversity. I've always had the opinion that the Vikings were a superior team this year, but that just may be my bias. Maybe we really are as bad as we look.

Just another person who rolls in to spout off, Ultra, he just has to bleat and run. Take it with a grain of salt, especially when he is nothing more than inflammatory rather than constructive.

Do you say this because I don't have thousands of posts? My opinion is just as valid as anybody elses on this board.

Anyway, I'm very proud that I'm popular enough to warrant space in the Webmaster's signature! Thanks dude--although I guess I don't quite understand your point . . . I'm a loser because I don't have friends on this website???? Eh, whatever.

Webby
10-14-2005, 05:56 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

Anyway, I'm very proud that I'm popular enough to warrant space in the Webmaster's signature! Thanks dude--although I guess I don't quite understand your point . . . I'm a loser because I don't have friends on this website???? Eh, whatever.

In my sig? Uh, you need to stop drinking before you read.

just kidding ya

But I assure you, you haven't earned any special spot in my sig. :lol:

Prime Time 84
10-14-2005, 05:59 AM

just kidding ya

Hahaha. But seriously, why did you choose me over any other n00b? (Don't worry, I don't condone the use of such a word, it's simply there for added emphasis. I hate internet lingo).

Caine
10-14-2005, 06:22 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

just kidding ya

Hahaha. But seriously, why did you choose me over any other n00b? (Don't worry, I don't condone the use of such a word, it's simply there for added emphasis. I hate internet lingo).

The sig has some code dealie (I'm not a coder/programmer) that tells whomever is logged in and reads Webby's sig how many messages he/she has. He didn't PICK YOU...I see MY stats when I read Webby's sig.

So, before undies get any more knotted, let's all simply agree that Harris isn't working out as well as we'd hoped, Minnesota isn't playing as well as we all had hoped, and that we all hope they both start doing a LOT better.

And, in 12 weeks, if the situation hasn't DRASTICALLY improved, we'll all agree that Moss made Culpepper. :razz:

Caine

Webby
10-14-2005, 06:29 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

just kidding ya

You don't comprehend well, do you? Or is it you are too lazy to read?

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mnjamie
10-14-2005, 06:34 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

:withstupid: Get over it.

ultravikingfan
10-14-2005, 06:52 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

Do you say this because I don't have thousands of posts? My opinion is just as valid as anybody elses on this board.

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/confused/020.gif

Wow, does yor head hurt?

Post numbers don't mean jack squat and I never flaunt mine, never.

If you have 1 post or 10,000, an opinion is an opinion (even if it is wrong) http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/019.gif

You think webby created a sig just for you? http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/laughing/016.gif

When I read it, my name is in there.

Learn more of this http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/computer/003.gif, and you will understand.

grpape
10-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey Ultra,
That sig is crazy! I loved to see the camera zoom into Stud's eyes before the snap. As far as Prime 84, man you better just stop before you eat both your feet. God I love this board!

Prime Time 84
10-14-2005, 03:01 PM
"Caine" wrote:

The sig has some code dealie (I'm not a coder/programmer) that tells whomever is logged in and reads Webby's sig how many messages he/she has. He didn't PICK YOU...I see MY stats when I read Webby's sig.
Caine

Ah. I feel stupid.

Well, I'm not ignorant enough to deny when I'm wrong. I've never seen a sig that functions like that. Although I still don't see the point. I can very well check my inbox to see how many private messages I have.

learn more of this http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/computer/003.gif, and you will understand.

That's pretty funny. I love smilies! :grin: :smile: :cool: :cry: :razz:

Actually I don't . . .

Once again, I feel ashamed that I was that dumb, but I assure you that I know plenty about the internet and computers in general.

Del Rio
10-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm really curious to see how Newman does on the full time job. He has excelled is special packages designed for him to excel. I'll be keeping an eye on him.

I think Harris will be starting for us again soon.

V4L
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
yah same here Del.. I think it's mostly to see if we can get a constint LB in that spot and if not that spark Harris to play better.. I can't wait til Sunday!

PurpleTide
10-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I think we need to have our best players on the field, Newman has been quite a spark. Harris will contribute off the bench, as Keith did. We need every player to step it up. Maybe we'll find another spark coming off the bench. Skol

Del Rio
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
No doubt Newman has earned it. Just seems that he was being used for very specific things. I don't doubt he can do a great job starting I just find that one interesting thing I will be watching during the game. :grin:

VKG4LFE
10-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I don't think I've heard Harris' name more than a handful of times all year. Turned out to be a great trade! Hindsight!

thepacksux
10-14-2005, 07:19 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

If we get a top 5 pick, we would have to take a DE for the 3rd straight year, just look at this guy, he is a freak!http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/mathias_kiwanuka.html

VKG4LFE
10-14-2005, 07:35 PM
C'mon guys, we won't be getting the number one pick! We'll pick up at least 4 more wins this year!!

ultravikingfan
10-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I cannot believe that people are even mentioning a top 5 pick next year.

VKG4LFE
10-14-2005, 07:39 PM
I know, and then in the same sentence they mention that they say that they haven't given up on the season yet!! Talk about contradicting!

Vikes
10-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Moss was traded to manage the CAP.

The Minneosta Vikings are the "CAP MASTERS". The excuse Randy was a team distraction, coupled with Red selling the team. Red did the dirty deed since we did not like him anyway. Do you NOT think the new ownership team did not have a say on Moss staying or going? They did their homework and said cut him. I'm sure the distractions to the team made the decision easier but the trade was to save money and if we are lucky get a decent player.

We are in a better postion CAP wise save $2million.

"The Raiders will take on Moss' $7.25 million base salary for next season, while the Vikings will save nearly $2 million against their cap. Four seasons remain on Moss' eight-year $75 million contract"

dmw14
10-14-2005, 09:03 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

Moss was traded to manage the CAP.

The Minneosta Vikings are the "CAP MASTERS". The excuse Randy was a team distraction, coupled with Red selling the team. Red did the dirty deed since we did not like him anyway. Do you NOT think the new ownership team did not have a say on Moss staying or going? They did their homework and said cut him. I'm sure the distractions to the team made the decision easier but the trade was to save money and if we are lucky get a decent player.

We are in a better postion CAP wise save $2million.

"The Raiders will take on Moss' $7.25 million base salary for next season, while the Vikings will save nearly $2 million against their cap. Four seasons remain on Moss' eight-year $75 million contract"
Exactly, while TWill and Nap don't make up for Moss, the HUGE salary saved is worth it. Can you imagine how Moss would be acting this year with everything else going on? I hope nobody thinks he'd be helping the situation.

grpape
10-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Moss would've been the captain of the love boat.

"Hey Moss, how you gonna get outta this jam?"

"Straight up cash homie!"