PDA

View Full Version : Dante, Walks out on Press Confrence...

NordicNed
10-12-2005, 08:59 PM
And I say, good for Daunte.

I would have done the same.

I just watched the video on the KFAN site, and the media was drilling him with questions about the boat party.

Daunte kept saying, I will not comment on the subject.

Then he would say, if there are any questions about this upcoming weekends game with the Bears, I'll be glad to answer any questions about the game.

Then the media press would continue the boat questions...

Daunte repeated himself, and NOT ONE reporter would ask a question about the up coming game.
So Daunte said, Thank You and left..

God I hate the media at times.....

We are still a team and we have a game ahead of us, doesn't that meen anything?

I guess not to the media..

shockzilla
10-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Most of the time, they just can't take the hint...

audioghost
10-12-2005, 09:16 PM
I understand the fact that the media is doing its job, but c'mon...that sounds like a bunch of little kids at the grocery store....remember the age old scenerio?-"Mom, can I have this new toy?" Mom:"No, you can't" Kid:"c'mon please?" and the kid goes on and on until it wins...however, the media can't win because Daunte can leave as a mother cannot leave her son

MORAL OF MY RANT: The media is childish, and unprofessional, and I hate the way they do business....its definetely 2005......

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 09:21 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

And I say, good for Daunte.

I would have done the same.

I just watched the video on the KFAN site, and the media was drilling him with questions about the boat party.

Daunte kept saying, I will not comment on the subject.

Then he would say, if there are any questions about this upcoming weekends game with the Bears, I'll be glad to answer any questions about the game.

Then the media press would continue the boat questions...

Daunte repeated himself, and NOT ONE reporter would ask a question about the up coming game.
So Daunte said, Thank You and left..

God I hate the media at times.....

We are still a team and we have a game ahead of us, doesn't that meen anything?

I guess not to the media..
you got a link. i hunted a little bit on KFAN and couldn't find it.
if that is how it went down, then i definately don't have a problem with him walking out on the PC. man this season is getting way out of control and i bet the media is going to take it and run with it.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 09:22 PM
The media is feeding this. It's getting way more viewers then talking about a bad football team would. People are eating this shit up too. Pretty soon it's going to be all 50+ players and staff were on the boat.

Mike Tice threw the party and the ladies were actually the Vikings cheerleaders........STAY TUNED we are doing dna testing to find out who's the daddy of Mindy's baby!!!!!!

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 09:22 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

MORAL OF MY RANT: The media is childish, and unprofessional, and I hate the way they do business....its definetely 2005......

You have GOT to be kidding me with this line. What is the job of the media? Quickly? I'll help you. Their job is to get information to the public through their respective means of conveying that information. Were they not doing their job here. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, the thing people in the area want to here about is NOT how the VIkings have prepared for the frickin' Bears. I mean, does that REALLY matter to people? No. What people care to hear about is why 20 people that they live amongst, and pay to watch play a game, are propositioning a boat cruise wait staff for sex and getting BJs from hookers on a boat IN TOWN!!. What are football players' jobs? It most certainly doesn't entail sex acts and prostitution, I'll guarantee that.

Blaming the media during a situation like this is ridiculous. Frankly, I'm torqued at how LITTLE media attention this has received. I want MORE details, becasue this issue actually effects me and the people that live in the metro area.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
No the media's job is to keep you listening.

Of course you want to know more, not because it effects YOU but because you eat that shit up.

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

The media is feeding this. It's getting way more viewers then talking about a bad football team would. People are eating this pooh up too. Pretty soon it's going to be all 50+ players and staff were on the boat.

Mike Tice threw the party and the ladies were actually the Vikings cheerleaders........STAY TUNED we are doing dna testing to find out who's the daddy of Mindy's baby!!!!!!

How is the media feeding this? They're reporting what they know and they're not getting any clear answers from the team.......obviously.

There isn't a whole lot to gloss over here. There was a boat, people were getting BJs, the wait staff was being propositioned, and people were scared of the 300+ pound men getting their jollies on the boat deck.

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 09:26 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

It's the Star Tribune, not Fox News.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 09:31 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

The media is feeding this. It's getting way more viewers then talking about a bad football team would. People are eating this pooh up too. Pretty soon it's going to be all 50+ players and staff were on the boat.

How is the media feeding this? They're reporting what they know and they're not getting any clear answers from the team.......obviously.

There isn't a whole lot to gloss over here. There was a boat, people were getting BJs, the wait staff was being propositioned, and people were scared of the 300+ pound men getting their jollies on the boat deck.

Oh hell I don't know. Have you ever been a part of a team? In order to maintain some sort of unity you try to deal with your issues among yourselves. If Daunte starts blabbing about Smoot well then that may keep you tuned but that isn't going to do much for the team now is it?

How are they feeding it? Well there is an investigation going on. The facts aren't clear. They report what they have in an attempt to stir the public into a frenzy to keep them tuned in. Daunte politely told them he wasn't talking about it he wanted to talk about football.

The best part is that there is still an investigation going on. So talking about it to appease some fans who are just totally disgusted by an act that went on is probably not wise. Especially since the act involved a few different people instead of just one.

Fox news, star tribune.........ratings. If they have the community feeling they could care less about ratings then they have a good thing going up there in po dunk.

Sounds about right. Where's the story about the 300 pound lineman helping kids learn how to read? How long would you stay tuned in to that? I would be very surprised if they can pin this on anyone. Although this whole trumped outrage will require a scapegoat for the bonfire. Of course you can't burn witches anymore....football players are fair game.

SOMEONE has to pay though dammit this has effected my community. Now everytime I see a 300 pound man I picture him naked getting his engine primed.

bleedpurple27
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Some people are making this out to be the worst thing that's ever happened...c'mon people/media. Was it poor judgement by some...yes, but is it worth all this attention? Unless it comes out that someone was held against their will, or there was sex with a minor or worse yet raped, they..whoever "they" is...are looking at a misdemeanor. I'm not saying that it's ok to do this....but does it mean that I'm going to not let my kids wear purple...heck no...it's my job as a parent to teach them right or wrong..not the Minnesota Vikings.
Just for the record....a few years ago I went to a bachlor party on a house boat on the St. Croix river...there were strippers and YES they would "preform" for an additionial fee...some chose to partake...some did not. I myself did not...My point of this is that just because I was on this boat...doesn't mean that I did anything wrong...and until it comes out WHO did WHAT wrong....I think we should all just let go..it's NOT that big of a deal. I heard a radio station here in the cities (93X) say that because of this..the Vikings are SURE to lose this week in Chicago...that is a joke...they may very well lose...but I doubt that this will have any effect on the outcome of the game. IMO of course

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 09:38 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

You have GOT to be kidding me with this line. What is the job of the media? Quickly? I'll help you. Their job is to get information to the public through their respective means of conveying that information. Were they not doing their job here. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, the thing people in the area want to here about is NOT how the VIkings have prepared for the frickin' Bears. I mean, does that REALLY matter to people? No. What people care to hear about is why 20 people that they live amongst, and pay to watch play a game, are propositioning a boat cruise wait staff for sex and getting BJs from hookers on a boat IN TOWN!!. What are football players' jobs? It most certainly doesn't entail sex acts and prostitution, I'll guarantee that.

Blaming the media during a situation like this is ridiculous. Frankly, I'm torqued at how LITTLE media attention this has received. I want MORE details, becasue this issue actually effects me and the people that live in the metro area.

Hoover, it isn't Daunte's job to answer those question though.

The hold up is the Law, the media needs to go there or to the people that are directly involved. Maybe they should actually do some reporting, investigating, like in Watergate, not just look for public comments from people that are not even involved and don't want to be involved.

Yes, the media is doing its job but it is the way they do it that is sad. I think that is where Audio was coming from. Correct me if I am wrong Audio.

PurplePackerEater
10-12-2005, 09:45 PM
You know you're getting old when....

...this kind of crap bothers you. When I was 20, I'd be like, right on! Now it pisses me off when people speed down my street. Maybe it doesnt' have to do with age, but, having kids.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

You know you're getting old when....

...this kind of crap bothers you. When I was 20, I'd be like, right on! Now it pisses me off when people speed down my street. Maybe it doesnt' have to do with age, but, having kids.

Both, part of Maturation.

audioghost
10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
I, as a fan of the TEAM, could give a (you know what) less about the stupid sex party, for god sake, if the Vikings wanna have sex on a boat, let em' have sex on a boat, sounds pretty fun to me...too bad I'm not rich and can only afford to have sex on my bed....this is ridiculous, every week I tune in to see what the team has to say about the upcoming game....the media never gets anything out of players in these press conferences anyways....players aren't that stupid to start sounding off about a controversial issue....

By the way here's the link:
http://kstp.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpage.php?Art_ID=163341

The media is being unfair here, I mean the Vikings hold these conferences to help them out in doing their jobs....the media is childish and they write for he general braindead idiot, I wish I could get a good story about the Vikings every once in a while instead of going from 20 whizzinator stories to 35 the Vikes can't win w/o Randy stories, to 20 stories about this....horrible....

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 09:48 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Oh hell I don't know. Have you ever been a part of a team? In order to maintain some sort of unity you try to deal with your issues among yourselves. If Daunte starts blabbing about Smoot well then that may keep you tuned but that isn't going to do much for the team now is it?

How are they feeding it? Well there is an investigation going on. The facts aren't clear. They report what they have in an attempt to stir the public into a frenzy to keep them tuned in. Daunte politely told them he wasn't talking about it he wanted to talk about football.

The best part is that there is still an investigation going on. So talking about it to appease some fans who are just totally disgusted by an act that went on is probably not wise. Especially since the act involved a few different people instead of just one.

Fox news, star tribune.........ratings. If they have the community feeling they could care less about ratings then they have a good thing going up there in po dunk.

That's all fine and dandy. But is it not the job of the media to continue to gain facts that would clear the matter up. You can't argue that the media is pushing incomplete facts to boost ratings and to stir the pot and in the same breath complain about how the media is too pushy for facts from obvious sources. Also, why can't the Vikings media department or Community Service department try to clear some of this up. And I don't mean some metaphorical mumjo jumbo spewed by Mike Tice about "family" and his "concern". I mean have somenoe from the Vikings do a press conference and make a frickin' statement. Then you wouldn't have the damn press clamoring for facts from players like Daunte.

"Del Rio" wrote:

Sounds about right. Where's the story about the 300 pound lineman helping kids learn how to read? How long would you stay tuned in to that? I would be very surprised if they can pin this on anyone. Although this whole trumped outrage will require a scapegoat for the bonfire. Of course you can't burn witches anymore....football players are fair game.

I don't get the comparison. So now the news media should ONLY report on things that AREN'T inflamatory? I thought that this was their job.

And I think they WILL pin this on someone. There are witnesses, victims, testimony. What else do you think they need? Is it youru opinion that these people won't be held responsible or do you "hope" that this is the case? Just curious.

audioghost
10-12-2005, 09:50 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

The hold up is the Law, the media needs to go there or to the people that are directly involved. Maybe they should actually do some reporting, investigating, like in Watergate, not just look for public comments from people that are not even involved and don't want to be involved.

Yes, the media is doing its job but it is the way they do it that is sad. I think that is where Audio was coming from. Correct me if I am wrong Audio.

Nope, that pretty much covers it....you're not gonna "get the scoop" asking players in press conferences....

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 09:51 PM
"bleedpurple27" wrote:

Some people are making this out to be the worst thing that's ever happened...c'mon people/media. Was it poor judgement by some...yes, but is it worth all this attention? Unless it comes out that someone was held against their will, or there was sex with a minor or worse yet raped, they..whoever "they" is...are looking at a misdemeanor. I'm not saying that it's ok to do this....but does it mean that I'm going to not let my kids wear purple...heck no...it's my job as a parent to teach them right or wrong..not the Minnesota Vikings.
Just for the record....a few years ago I went to a bachlor party on a house boat on the St. Croix river...there were strippers and YES they would "preform" for an additionial fee...some chose to partake...some did not. I myself did not...My point of this is that just because I was on this boat...doesn't mean that I did anything wrong...and until it comes out WHO did WHAT wrong....I think we should all just let go..it's NOT that big of a deal. I heard a radio station here in the cities (93X) say that because of this..the Vikings are SURE to lose this week in Chicago...that is a joke...they may very well lose...but I doubt that this will have any effect on the outcome of the game. IMO of course

I'm sorry. You comparing your weekend bachelor party to this situation is quite different. Unless, of course, there was a wait staff comprised of teenagers and 20 somethings who were also being propositined for sex and made to endure your sexcapade. If so, then maybe you do shed some perspective.

Come on people. This isn't just some innocuous witch hunt. What would you think if your daughter was one of the poor girls on that boat when someone the size of a house told her that he wanted to pay her money to have sex with her? Hmmmmm, tone would be a little different I think.

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 09:54 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I agree with you Snow, that the media doesn't necessarily need to asking Daunte these questions. And I'm not really saying that Daunte needs to answer them. But this has been brought about by the tight lipped Vikings executives. They haven't said anything. And Mike Tice's BS ramblings about how the players are his "family" doesn't cut it.

My original post was just my venting about the apathy some people feel about this situation and how saying the media is childish and irresponsible is completely ridiculous considering they weren't the ones getting laid on a boat by hookers.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 09:56 PM
That was totally awesome, he was polite, and kept his cool and then wrapped it up.

Anyone at that conference should have bee sports reporters getting sports info. Those reporters were antagonistic gossip hounds.

audioghost
10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That's all fine and dandy. But is it not the job of the media to continue to gain facts that would clear the matter up. You can't argue that the media is pushing incomplete facts to boost ratings and to stir the pot and in the same breath complain about how the media is too pushy for facts from obvious sources.

Where have you been living the last 10 years? These days, the media has no "job" that they do for the community....I have a minor in Mass Communication and it is pretty evident that these days the media does everything for $$$. Deny it all you want, the media wants to sell more papers, ETC. That is what I have been taught by college professors and it is evident every time something controversial happens.

This isn't the 50's anymore, we don't need the media to investigate for us....the police do that.....and I would rather listen to a report from the police than a b/s source from a source account from the $$$ hungry media.

Del Rio
The comparission is just that. The media is all over this because it is "dirty" you will tune in for it. You wouldn't stay tuned for any good news. So yes it gets inflated to prolong your enjoyment IMO. It gets twisted, it gets manipulated and people eat it up.

I don't know the facts I will be interested to see the report when it is done. I doubt they will be able to pin it on someone there were a lot of people there. Friends of players and players a like. I know there will be one person singled out because the public (the ones who care anyway) will practically demand it.

It would be like watching a soap opera with no ending. People would be pissed, they want justice Damn it!!! I have no doubt in my mind they will pin it on someone. I also know they wont be able to do shit to them but attatch a claim because no one will be doing jail time for this GUARANTEED right here folks. I would be surprised if there is even a fine. If there is it may fall on Smoot just because he signed some papers. He said she said is all this is and I know no one will be tagged for it other then slander to appease the upset people of minnesota.

I do not "hope" no one gets busted. I don't care about that. I know no one will be. If it is it will be Smoot because he signed the forms.

Hooversham
"audioghost" wrote:

I, as a fan of the TEAM, could give a (you know what) less about the stupid sex party, for god sake, if the Vikings wanna have sex on a boat, let em' have sex on a boat, sounds pretty fun to me...too bad I'm not rich and can only afford to have sex on my bed....this is ridiculous, every week I tune in to see what the team has to say about the upcoming game....the media never gets anything out of players in these press conferences anyways....players aren't that stupid to start sounding off about a controversial issue....

The media is being unfair here, I mean the Vikings hold these conferences to help them out in doing their jobs....the media is childish and they write for he general braindead idiot, I wish I could get a good story about the Vikings every once in a while instead of going from 20 whizzinator stories to 35 the Vikes can't win w/o Randy stories, to 20 stories about this....horrible....

I'm really surprised by the apathy felt about this. It isn't jsut another Rich Person sex party. They, apparently, were scaring people and doing things that are, as far as I know, illegal. Please tell me that if you DID have the money, your sex parties would not include harrassing the crew and propositioning unwilling partners for sex for money.

As for whether the media is being "unfair" to the VIkings by reporting about all the indiscretions.............boo f*ckin' hoo. I say stop reporting on them, when the team stops doing stupid sh*t.

6-KINGS
10-12-2005, 10:00 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Hahaha
Yes the Star Tribune, the cornerstone of fair journalism.

Come on man, this is sex and it sells.

The Star Tribune is all hype just like the rest of print media.

audioghost
10-12-2005, 10:02 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Hahaha
Yes the Star Tribune, the cornerstone of fair journalism.

Come on man, this is sex and it sells.

The Star Tribune is all hype just like the rest of print media.

At least somebody understands the "state of the media" these days

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 10:03 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

Come on people. This isn't just some innocuous witch hunt. What would you think if your daughter was one of the poor girls on that boat when someone the size of a house told her that he wanted to pay her money to have sex with her? Hmmmmm, tone would be a little different I think.

Not directed at you directly Hoover, but I am tired of all males, saying this from a protective perspective.

Wrong is wrong, when it is wrong. Wrong has nothing to do with age, race, gender, everyone, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!

It does in the perception of who was in power and who has it, but we don't need to use it as a discussion tool.

I want to hear one of the PPO women make a comment on this.

audioghost
10-12-2005, 10:04 PM
I defend my team and I will not judge them....the fact is, this stuff has been going on forever with Pro Athletes....not that it is OK, its just I don't care and I feel that if you do you are not as pure of a fan....I am a fan of the Minnesota Vikings FOOTBALL TEAM, not a personal friend of the players themselves.....in other words, it is unfair for anyone to judge until the police release the facts....not hearsay b/s

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Kevin Williams beats his wife and it gets about 10 seconds. People on here maybe read it twice.

VIKINGS SEX PARTY!!! VIKINGS GONE WILD!!!!

And all hell breaks lose....... Oh my God SEX shhhhhhhhhh....my children OH GOD my community........I don't want those pervs in my area, no stadium now, my kids can't wear the jerseys cause they may want to have sex parties too........

Oh hit a cop with your car NO PROBLEM wear that Moss jersey son. Oh beat your wife while your drunk.....A OK as long as you kept your clothes on wear that jersey, build that stadium, fly that flag in the front yard ma........

audioghost
10-12-2005, 10:12 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Kevin Williams beats his wife and it gets about 10 seconds. People on here maybe read it twice.

VIKINGS SEX PARTY!!! VIKINGS GONE WILD!!!!

And all hell breaks lose....... Oh my God SEX shhhhhhhhhh....my children OH GOD my community........I don't want those pervs in my area, no stadium now, my kids can't wear the jerseys cause they may want to have sex parties too........

Oh hit a cop with your car NO PROBLEM wear that Moss jersey son. Oh beat your wife while your drunk.....A OK as long as you kept your clothes on wear that jersey, build that stadium, fly that flag in the front yard ma........

So true...

We as humans are sexual beings...
They didn't rape anyone, if they were doing something sexual, it was consensual....

As a fan, I don't need the media to tell me what is immoral...

audioghost
10-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Everybody wants to know the details....the truth is, it is none of your business....so nobody needs to say anything

josdin00
10-12-2005, 10:14 PM
I fail to see how an event like this could directly effect you unless you were one of the people there, or know one of the people there. In that case, you wouldn't need the media to give you the details. You want MORE details because hearing dirt about people is more interesting than hearing about them doing their jobs, and so you eat this stuff up.

Do people realy care about how this team is preparing for the Bears? Yes, some people still do. Some people still remember that our favorite team was picked by many to go to the Superbowl, and is currently sitting at 1-3. We want to know what the team plans on doing to fix this.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and pretend the cruise didn't happen. It obviously did, and it was stupid of the players to do something like this. However, I don't even live in the state, and I know most all of the details. I know that there were at least 15 players on the 2 boats, along with approximately 70 other people. I know that there were women stripping and performing oral sex on the other passengers. I know other sexual acts were performed on board the boats. I know the wait staff felt intimidated by the players, and that the players were drinking faster than the staff could supply them. I know that as soon as the captains heard about what was going on, they called in to shore, and turned the boats around. I know that no criminal charges have been filed, but that the police are investigating. And I know that Smoot's signature was on the documents paying for the boat trip. Now, until we know whether or not charges will be brought against any of the participants, or whether or not the team or the NFL will discipline any of the players, is there much more we really need to know. Okay, I did read somewhere that some of the players on board were embarassed by the whole situation, and were apologising the the crew. I suppose I'd like to know who they were, just to know who tried to keep a level head in a bad situation. Other than that, I'd prefer to wait until we hear more about the disciplinary actions that will be taken, and then I'll care about this story again.

One final note: Yes, it's the media's job to present information to the public. However, they have multiple sources to go to in order to get that information. If one source is not willing to divulge the information they're looking for, the professional thing is to move on to another subject, and attempt to get the information you want from another source. Continuing to badger someone on a subject that they don't want to talk about shows a distinct lack of respect for the person you're talking to, and is unprofessional.

Lotza
10-12-2005, 10:15 PM
good for daunte! the media can go suck a horse's ass!

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 10:16 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

Please tell me that if you DID have the money, your sex parties would not include harrassing the crew and propositioning unwilling partners for sex for money.

As for whether the media is being "unfair" to the VIkings by reporting about all the indiscretions.............boo f*ckin' hoo. I say stop reporting on them, when the team stops doing stupid sh*t.

can anyone tell me what the MN law is on the propsitioning without the exchange of money vs with the exchange of money?

I think this comes down to a few players thinking they are invincible and having more money than they are mature enough to handle.

This is what the attitude of renting anything leads. Lack of respect for it.

You know that rental car you rented previously, you didn't treat that like your own car did you. Then you jumped into your friends car and rodded that at first before realizing that "oh I might have some repurcussions if I break this, the Platinum Visa won't cover this will it."

As far as the reporting, yes report it when it becomes news, people should care if their name appears in the paper negatively, if only we could publicly "Caine" them also.

VKG4LFE
10-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Good job Daunte. Now do a good job on Sunday and beat the d@mn bears!

audioghost
Vikingupdate acts as I feel the media should:

The Vikings are making more news this week over an incident that happened on a pair of charter boats on Lake Minnetonka last Thursday night. Approximately 15 Vikings have been implicated in the boating trip, which included strippers and allegations of sexual activity between the women and partygoers. The only name that has surfaced thusfar is that of cornerback Fred Smoot. VU obtained a police report on the incident that claims that staff on the boat were concerned for their own safety on the trip, which was shortened after concerns were raised. At one point in the report, the word "alleged" was used three times in the space of two sentences -- clearly showing that there is going to be a lot of "he said, she said" type of arguments involved. VU will follow this story, but until players involved are named, we're not going to speculate as to who was involved and what level their involvement was. The matter has been turned over to investigators to see if any criminal charges are going to be filed.

OchoCinco
Wonder if Koren Robinson got off the wagon and into the boat???

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Since it's kind of a touchy subject I'm not going to comment on the incident itself, but I will say something about the press conference. Was it supposed to be about the upcoming game or was it supposed to be about this boat party? If it was supposed to be about the game then I don't blame Daunte for walking out.

tosstomoss
10-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I just saw the clip. Dante did it right. He showed class and poise, You da man Dante.
NOW LETS KICK SOME BEAR A$$!!!!! :lol:

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 10:23 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

Do people realy care about how this team is preparing for the Bears? Yes, some people still do. Some people still remember that our favorite team was picked by many to go to the Superbowl, and is currently sitting at 1-3. We want to know what the team plans on doing to fix this.

Okay, I did read somewhere that some of the players on board were embarassed by the whole situation, and were apologising the the crew. I suppose I'd like to know who they were, just to know who tried to keep a level head in a bad situation.

If one source is not willing to divulge the information they're looking for, the professional thing is to move on to another subject, and attempt to get the information you want from another source.

I care, I would have liked it if they got out of Daunte something like this.

How is your knee?
How has the team been practicing?

I want to know the little details. A smart reporter would have atleast started with the little things. Try to get a little something first. It wasn't professional at all.

Yes, I would much rather know who the good Viking were than the bad ones.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 10:25 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Vikingupdate acts as I feel the media should:

The Vikings are making more news this week over an incident that happened on a pair of charter boats on Lake Minnetonka last Thursday night. Approximately 15 Vikings have been implicated in the boating trip, which included strippers and allegations of sexual activity between the women and partygoers. The only name that has surfaced thusfar is that of cornerback Fred Smoot. VU obtained a police report on the incident that claims that staff on the boat were concerned for their own safety on the trip, which was shortened after concerns were raised. At one point in the report, the word "alleged" was used three times in the space of two sentences -- clearly showing that there is going to be a lot of "he said, she said" type of arguments involved. VU will follow this story, but until players involved are named, we're not going to speculate as to who was involved and what level their involvement was. The matter has been turned over to investigators to see if any criminal charges are going to be filed.

That is how it is suppose to be done.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
"tosstomoss" wrote:

I just saw the clip. Dante did it right. He showed class and poise, You da man Dante.

I hope it lights a fire under his ass and he kicks some ass on the field.

audioghost
10-12-2005, 10:29 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"tosstomoss" wrote:

I hope it lights a fire under his jiggly butt and he kicks some jiggly butt on the field.

TRUE THAT!

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 10:31 PM
This team is all over the place. I am worried man. That's why I was leary of bringing in all this "talent" you have a bunch of blue collar guys who make a great living that have shown if coached well can get the job done. The coaching fails them they play harder because they know they may be out of a job.

You boot them or hide them in the depth chart to sign some big names, big egos, some of which are no better statistically then what you had. When the coaching fails all hell breaks loose. The players can say I'm Fred Smoot I'll always have a job. I'm Mckinne I'll always have a job......

You just cannot fix these problems with better players it just doesn't work man.

IMO this week against the bears is huge. This will be the game that defines the entire season.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 10:42 PM
PLEASE don't ask me any questions unless it is about the chicago bears game.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Snow:

Will be win the Bears game?

How will Culpepper play against a tough Bears D?

Is his knee ok? Ok for the bears game that is?

Did he hurt his knee while getting lap dances on the ship of love enough to effect his ability to play at the BEARS game?

JK.....:grin:

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 10:48 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I defend my team and I will not judge them....the fact is, this stuff has been going on forever with Pro Athletes....not that it is OK, its just I don't care and I feel that if you do you are not as pure of a fan....I am a fan of the Minnesota Vikings FOOTBALL TEAM, not a personal friend of the players themselves.....in other words, it is unfair for anyone to judge until the police release the facts....not hearsay b/s

Weird, it only took two pages before someon accused the others of not being "true fans". That's not trite at all. :roll:

mnjamie
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

I'm really surprised by the apathy felt about this. It isn't jsut another Rich Person sex party. They, apparently, were scaring people and doing things that are, as far as I know, illegal. Please tell me that if you DID have the money, your sex parties would not include harrassing the crew and propositioning unwilling partners for sex for money.

Have you seen the police report? Seen any of the interviewed people involved with the incident? Are you privy to pertinent info that the masses are not that you would like to share on this particular situation? I am going to assume (yes, assume) that you don't know anything more about what went on then the media itself. So, till the reports are released to the general public, all parties involved need to just chill and wait till all facts are released and all, if any charges are filed against anybody. It's stupid to even discuss till then, as all assumptions will be based on biased info.

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 10:56 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

PLEASE don't ask me any questions unless it is about the chicago bears game.

LOL, Nice post.

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 10:56 PM
AudioGhost I respect you and your opinions, but I am going to disagree with you on what you said about people not being as pure of fans. I think everyone on here (besides the trolls) are true fans and even though opinions may differ it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 10:57 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Snow:

Will be win the Bears game?

Yes, 53-2 will be the final score, DC will run through the back of the endzone and give them 2 points.

"Del Rio" wrote:

How will Culpepper play against a tough Bears D?

DC will play some smart football realizing that the bears are not a potent offense and that he doesn't have to counter for the Bears lack of offense. He will be relaxed and have a great game. A 3 TD day, did you see Dilfer throw over the top on them. Man T-Will should burn by those guys and make them play honest against the run.

"Del Rio" wrote:

Is his knee ok? Ok for the bears game that is?

As good as it is going to get with the bye week and all.

"Del Rio" wrote:

Did he hurt his knee while getting lap dances on the ship of love enough to effect his ability to play at the BEARS game?

JK.....:grin: That wasn't DC, that was ............... opps, this question wasn't directly related to the Chicago game, and how we were going to win, THANK YOU, BYE BYE.

audioghost
10-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Have a nice day....I'm out.....

ultravikingfan
10-12-2005, 11:05 PM
In this space used to be audioghosts post.

I deleted it.

Lets not go there, ok?

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 11:08 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Its people like you that are the reason that the media is what it is today.....

I quote Billy Madison when I say..............

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Have a good day man. Wow. Sorry to get you so twisted.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I deleted it.

Lets not go there, ok?

I am glad you deleted it, people that didn't see it though don't understand why it was deleted.

Let's just say Audio lost his cool and would be wanting to take it back when webby got done with him.

It wasn't horrific but it was one of the golden rules that webby talks about.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Hooversham,

How is this effecting you so much and causing you so much grief? Why wasn't there serious fallout when Kevin Williams was hitting his wife while drunk.

I mean I just don't understand.

Oh and That was some seriously good modding IMO. The thread lives on, someone was warned a bit, and a job well done. Here is 50 Del Rio dollars

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Yea it was getting a little heated in here.

Ltrey33
10-12-2005, 11:13 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I deleted it.

Lets not go there, ok?

I am glad you deleted it, people that didn't see it though don't understand why it was deleted.

Let's just say Audio lost his cool and would be wanting to take it back when webby got done with him.

It wasn't horrific but it was one of the golden rules that webby talks about.

Why does he seem to fly off the handle like that? He needs to think before he posts...

Anyways, I would have done the same thing as Daunte, especially as someone who wasn't involved.

RK.
10-12-2005, 11:20 PM
The media is going to pursue this to the bitter end IMO. Lets face it, its about a bunch of pro athletes drunk and out of control, gang banging prostitutes on a rented boat. You may not like it but thats news. :sad:
It will be the main topic of conversation on all the sports shows this weekend as well. IMO its way worse than anything Randy ever did while with this team. And if we lose to the Bears, well I think we can all imagine the jokes and rhetoric. All I can say is they better win this game.

I also think that Pep did the right thing. :thumbright:

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 11:21 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Hooversham,

How is this effecting you so much and causing you so much grief? Why wasn't there serious fallout when Kevin Williams was hitting his wife while drunk.

Oh and That was some seriously good modding IMO. The thread lives on, someone was warned a bit, and a job well done. Here is 50 Del Rio dollars

Man, didn't mean to get everyone all rangled. My bad I guess. I was just expressing my opinion regarding the matter. In fact, my original post started out as just a lesson in irony since the thread originally stated that the media was being "childish". I just couldn't wrap my melon around how the media was being childish and the players were somehow angels. It got carried away. Sorry.

As for why I care so much... I just emphathize. And actually, I did make a couple comments about Kevin Williams when that scandal came about. I didn't really start posting HERE though until quite recently. I posted a comment on another board that I frequent though. believe me, I wasn't all that jazzed about that either. Nor the Whizzanator. Nor our pickup of fellow screw-up Koren Robinson.

Freya
10-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Way to go Daunte!

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
"RK" wrote:

It will be the main topic of conversation on all the sports shows this weekend as well. IMO its way worse than anything Randy ever did while with this team. And if we lose to the Bears, well I think we can all imagine the jokes and rhetoric. All I can say is they better win this game.
:

Can you imagine what the signs are going to look like the Chicago crowd this weekend? I can picture them already. And if I was the PA sound guy at the Stadium, I would play the Love Boat theme during every time out.

Love, exciting and new
Come aboard, we're expecting you
Love, life's sweetest reward
Let it flow, it floats back to you

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure
Your mind on a new romance

And love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore
It's love
Welcome aboard
It's love!

Those words have all new meaning now. LOL. Gross.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 11:34 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Hooversham,

Man, didn't mean to get everyone all rangled. My bad I guess. I was just expressing my opinion regarding the matter. In fact, my original post started out as just a lesson in irony since the thread originally stated that the media was being "childish". I just couldn't wrap my melon around how the media was being childish and the players were somehow angels. It got carried away. Sorry.

As for why I care so much... I just emphathize. And actually, I did make a couple comments about Kevin Williams when that scandal came about. I didn't really start posting HERE though until quite recently. I posted a comment on another board that I frequent though. believe me, I wasn't all that jazzed about that either. Nor the Whizzanator. Nor our pickup of fellow screw-up Koren Robinson.

Just curious.
It's good to discuss even garbage like this.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 11:50 PM
"RK" wrote:

The media is going to pursue this to the bitter end IMO. Lets face it, its about a bunch of pro athletes drunk and out of control, gang banging prostitutes on a rented boat. You may not like it but thats news. :sad:

I also think that Pep did the right thing. :thumbright:

It is about the same as Randy's disrespect for the Traffic Cop. Even though it was a traffic cop, it was a person thinking they were above someone and being disrespectful.

People trying to do a job and they are getting grief for doing it.

Atleast we know that Moss' incident really happened.

This is not in support of the Moss trade, just making a note.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Personally I never had a problem with what Moss did off the field. I think it helped reinforce my opinion of him. What got me with his situation is what I percieved as a lack of caring for the team. Taking plays off, openly admitting it, saying he knew he would never win anything as a Viking....those are what irks me.

I think compared to some athletes he is an angel off the field.

FuadFan
10-12-2005, 11:58 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Hooversham,

Just curious.
It's good to discuss even garbage like this.This situation much like that Kevin Williams thing is something that no person that wasn't there will probably ever know the whole truth about. I will never know what really went on between Kevin and his wife nor this boat thing I just know that when I read an article and hear the words "an unnamed source said" I generally don't give a crap about what is said later on because for all I know the person who wrote it is just spewing their own opinion to attempt to sell more papers.

PurplePackerEater
10-12-2005, 11:59 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Personally I never had a problem with what Moss did off the field. I think it helped reinforce my opinion of him. What got me with his situation is what I percieved as a lack of caring for the team. Taking plays off, openly admitting it, saying he knew he would never win anything as a Viking....those are what irks me.

That was a shot at McCombs, not us fans. IMO, he was sticking up for US.

snowinapril
10-13-2005, 12:00 AM
I think Moss grew up a little after that. He also did a lot of good in the community. I was just saying, a wrong is a wrong. Wrong is alway wrong and sometimes you can make it right and sometimes you can't.

It is hard to say this is more wrong than this.

Sometimes wrongs our mistake and people learn from them.

Ron Artest, who knows if that guy has learned anything, wouldn't be surprised if he gets himself kicked out of the NBA at some point.

Vikes
10-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Way to go PEP. Let them know your there to discuss football not some boat ride. Last in all fairness to the media do you think this was the first time for one of these parties??? 90 people is a lot of people to try and throw a boat-sex party. Somebody has done this before and this is the first time they got caught!!!!!!

Hooversham
"snowinapril" wrote:

Ron Artest, who knows if that guy has learned anything, wouldn't be surprised if he gets himself kicked out of the NBA at some point.

Telling the papers that you want to play like a wild animal who should be in a cage isn't going to help matters either. He's a bonehead.

Del Rio
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That was a shot at McCombs, not us fans. IMO, he was sticking up for US.

After debating with Moss fans over the summer I have basically decided to blame red. At the time though his comments didn't sit well with me. I think him playing under Red wore him down mentally. I never hated the guy, I have just never liked him. But I do think you are right. He was taking a shot at red. At the time I didn't know better.

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 12:04 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Hooversham,

Just curious.
It's good to discuss even garbage like this.This situation much like that Kevin Williams thing is something that no person that wasn't there will probably ever know the whole truth about. I will never know what really went on between Kevin and his wife nor this boat thing I just know that when I read an article and hear the words "an unnamed source said" I generally don't give a crap about what is said later on because for all I know the person who wrote it is just spewing their own opinion to attempt to sell more papers.

That's pretty much the exact way I feel about it.

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 12:06 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

Way to go PEP. Let them know your there to discuss football not some boat ride. Last in all fairness to the media do you think this was the first time for one of these parties??? 90 people is a lot of people to try and throw a boat-sex party. Somebody has done this before and this is the first time they got caught!!!!!!

They got caught becasue they're really stupid though. If it's true, and like everyone on this board says, NFL players have wild sex orgies all the time, then why DON'T they get caught more often. I have the answer: Because I would imagine that NORMALLY, they dont' hire a local lake cruise outfitter to boat them around. Maybe use their own Yachts or something, I don't know. Are they that stupid to think that 100 people screwing on a boat in Lake Minnetonka, manned by teenage, local girls wasn't going to draw some attention? I think they're just stupid.

And whether or not people do it all the time isn't really the issue. That doesn't make it any better. (In your best nagging mom voice)

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 12:09 AM
This just reported by KFAN and an audio bite from Mewelde, who was on the boat.........

He says that there wasn't any sex going on. And that if there was, since he was engaged, that he would be in trouble. Not really shocking though. I wouldn't expect him to say "Yeah man, I was getting action left and right........sorry honey".

midgensa
10-13-2005, 12:44 AM
While I admire Daunte for sticking to his laurels (Sp?) ... I am in the media and I know for a fact that there would be no reason to ask any other questions. When noone piped up when he asked for questions about the game he should have left right then.
Being on top of a bye week, the Bears game has already been discussed and analyzed. This is a huge story and a very big deal if anything illegal (sexaul harassment, assault, etc.) took place and the media is getting no answers so they would ask the questions that everyone would want to know. Who was there? What happened? How will his affect the team? etc. I dont blame the media at all on this, and at the same time I dont blame Daunte for getting away from it.

ThorSPL
10-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Man, I'm glad I got Sunday Ticket so I don't have to go to a bar to watch the game and hear all the crap beign talked.

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 12:57 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

I dont blame the media at all on this, and at the same time I dont blame Daunte for getting away from it.

I agree totally. This is what I meant before this flame fest started. I never said that Daunte shouldn't have left the meeting. But I was upset by comments that the media is somehow acting childish by asking these questions when, in fact, the only irresponsible ones were the players.

TheViking
10-13-2005, 01:38 AM
If criminal charges are filed then I will be upset over what happened but until then it was a situation that shouldn’t have happened but did. The media is always blowing things out of proportion because, sex, and violence means ratings. The media is what it is that’s why people watch. Hopefully the sheriff’s office will find out what if anything illegally happened and then we can go from there.

DaunteHOF
10-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Thats how you do it Daunte!!

VikingMike
10-13-2005, 03:00 AM
Great, just what we need...another distraction from the game. In reading the article I see that the players intimidated the wait staff. Well, at least they can still intimidate someone. Pretty disgusting...

On the other hand, Daunte's keeping a cool head. I admire that and hope that he stays with the program and channels his energy into a huge win over the Bears.

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/piggy.jpeg

jimmymac
10-13-2005, 06:19 AM
The media may be feeding IT...

But the players created IT...

ultravikingfan
10-13-2005, 06:23 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

The media may be feeding IT...

But the players created IT...

Correction: But some of the players created it.

NordicNed
10-13-2005, 06:29 AM
I can't remember who exactly said it, but during a pre-game show at the start of the season, they where talking about certain players and how they handle the media..

Daunte was mentioned in the talk and I remember they gave him great marks for his media handleing skills..

They pressed the fact, Daunte is very savey when it comes to talking with the media..

I think he handled the situation the way it should be..

enlvikeman
10-13-2005, 07:14 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Of course you want to know more, not because it effects YOU but because you eat that pooh up.

Although I do not agree with Del Rio most of the time he hit the nail right on the head with this. It is not the media's job to interpret reality or find people guilty or libel someone for their own agenda. The media's job is to in fact report the facts. Not twist a story so you'll be interested in purchasing the rag they work for. Thank you Del Rio...I knew there was a conservative level minded person deep down inside you. :love3:

Webby
10-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Sounds like cooler heads have prevailed and folks are relaxing. Cool. Thank you.

Vikes
10-13-2005, 07:50 AM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

They got caught becasue they're really stupid though. If it's true, and like everyone on this board says, NFL players have wild sex orgies all the time, then why DON'T they get caught more often. I have the answer: Because I would imagine that NORMALLY, they dont' hire a local lake cruise outfitter to boat them around. Maybe use their own Yachts or something, I don't know. Are they that stupid to think that 100 people screwing on a boat in Lake Minnetonka, manned by teenage, local girls wasn't going to draw some attention? I think they're just stupid.

And whether or not people do it all the time isn't really the issue. That doesn't make it any better. (In your best nagging mom voice)

I agree a bunch of grown men hitting on teenage girls is classless. But to say this does not happen all the time I disagree. Look at what happen to the TE at GBay Chumra. Look at Mike Vick's brother smoking pot and having sex with a teenage girl. Actually look at Vick for that matter Ron Mexico. I'm not saying OMG sex is bad. These guys do this ALL the time and they get caught. Stupid or Genuis, I don't know. I just think this not the kind of thing you want to be caught doing. Last look at the Darrell Russell case and the Dallas Cowboys and the Whitehouse. This is WHAT happens? The evidence is all around you just grab it. Speaking of sex parties whatever happened to Todd Boumen? Did he not get charged with rape…Ohh wait he was traded hmm…makes you wonder.

whackthepack
10-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Not to start the flames again.

Overnight, some more names have come out about who was on the boat. Reports do not give information on who did what, or that they were involved with anything that went on on the boat!

Daunte was reportedly on the boat.

Melwelde Moore was on the boat. He denies that anything at all happened on the boat, in the same breath said that he was engaged and that such things would get him in trouble.

Darren Sharper was mentioned to be on the boat, but he says that he was not.

I do think the media is a bunch of vultures, and all they care about is getting dirt and getting some kind of a scope. But the Vikings players could have easily avoided this by not putting themselves or the Vikings organization in this position by having a sex party on a public boat. Have it in a private location and keep it to themselves, nobody would have cared!

tiersius
10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
In reading the articles this morning it looks that the media has settled down a bit too. While I don't like to see this kind of behavior from the players - I have to say that I was more offended by a couple of the so called news stories that I read......but then again I DID read them. The media is doing thier job, the players just need to do thiers.

Let's just right the ship, beat the Bears, and see what everyone is talking about next week.

Tiersius

snowinapril
10-13-2005, 06:34 PM
I find it hard to believe that the exact same behavior was going on on BOTH Boats at the same time. There are a lot of innocent people that are having their names dragged through the mud by a few incidents by a few idiot players and some of their friends.

The party should have never happened but it did.

Hindsight is 20/20!

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah it has been documented there were players apologizing and embarassed by the actions of their teamates.

For all the hell you know it could have been 2 guys and all of their friends getting crazy. It's not cool to wait for the truth though. Lets just piss all over the entire team.

The worst thing to come of this IMO will be the seperation it will cause on the team. Suppose Daunte was there. He's married. Suppose he was having a drink or two relaxing with his teamates. A few and I say a few because I believe that is what this will turn out to be, a few players get rowdy things get out of control......Daunte is embarrased. He now has a resentment for certain teamates that put him in that situation.

If things went down like that I think there may be a line drawn in the sand and the complete unraveling of any hope we had left is dangerously toying with being gone for this season.

snowinapril
10-13-2005, 06:48 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

The worst thing to come of this IMO will be the seperation it will cause on the team. Suppose Daunte was there. He's married. Suppose he was having a drink or two relaxing with his teamates. A few and I say a few because I believe that is what this will turn out to be, a few players get rowdy things get out of control......Daunte is embarrased. He now has a resentment for certain teamates that put him in that situation.

I am hoping that some good will come from this media whoring event.

I hope that the players come out with it is us against them.

Even DC has to be mad at the press, he did a good job hiding it the other day during the pc.

US against THEM(everyone outside of the locker room, media, other teams, even the fans), we don't know who we can trust. We want to stomp someone into the ground.

snowinapril
10-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, I do not live in MN so I am out of touch with how people should treat other people in the world.***

Don't throw stones, just throw them (the Vikings) under the Bus. Or better yet, don't get your hands dirty, let the media push them under the truck for ya.

Oh you weren't involved in this boating accident, I am sorry, let me wipe that tire tread off of your forehead, do you need a ride to the hospital.

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 06:58 PM
That's the only other way they could spin it. It's either going to be

You against me: I hate you because you put me in this situation.

or

Us against them: The world is out to get us.

Coaching comes into play here. This should never have happened, it did. What can the staff do to get the most out of the situation? If we do not win against the Bears I see no possible way in this world that they can even entertain the Us against them mentality.

There has already been finger pointing back and forth prior to this. The frustrated coaching staff needs to embrace the team, I have a feeling if they lose this week you will be hearing hints of coaches making excuses along the lines of "These players are uncoachable, or they are not concerned with winning"

I am still optimistic about the additional help. I think we will destroy the bears, and we will be motivated by the hate. I'm serious when I say if we lose this game it's over IMO. Or if we barely win it's still going to be swaying with the wind.

snowinapril
10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Coaching comes into play here. This should never have happened, it did. What can the staff do to get the most out of the situation?

I think*** that Tice should be an asshole to the media and have a team meeting saying it is us against them, lead the us against them thing.

Tice has always been too nice to them. Anyone see Saban (he is a jerk) play the media. He knows what they are gooing to ask and goes out there and tells them the answer that he wants them to hear before they ask it. Then tells them he isn't going to answer questions on the subject anymore, I already answered it.***

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I think Tice should hold a meeting with all of the faculty memebers, the players, the staff, the secretary, the waterboy.

Get himself a big projector and throw up some of this media hate. Throw up the Urlacher comment throw up the Moss comments throw up the love boat, the gasstation, the weed, the EVERYTHING.

And just throw a fit.......

Here's how it should go.

Guys there's a lot of distractions out there right now.....the goddamn sad thing is we have brought it on ourselves. This organization doesn't tolerate losing, I DO NOT tolerate losing. If you tolerate losing then there is the door don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out.......any takers? NO?

No one wants to go on a boat ride? Slap the headline on the projector. But we didn't...But they lied....But......NO MORE GOD DAMN BUTS!!!!! Rip the image off the screen. No one for a boat ride? How bout you just go outside and smoke some weed? Headline....or get into scuffles at a gas station.....that doesn't sound fun? Does this sound fun? Throw up Bengals score.......how about this Tamba Bay score.......or this Falcons...........

That's not my idea of a good time.....so if you are going to come out of that tunnel in Chicago like a bunch of limp noodles let me know ok? Because that's not how coach T rolls.........that's not how this god damn mother ******* (Kick projector over) FOOTBALL TEAM PLAYS!!!!!

Now I want you to look the person sitting next to you in the eyes. That's your brother, that's your teamate. Every single person out there is rooting against you guys. They think you are a bunch of has beens, a bunch of overpaid kids that don't care about winning.......no one walked out that door. I know you guys can win, I know you want to win. I know we say a win is a win. This week boys a win is not a win. I want to bruise the Bears....it's our first divisional game.....lets make a statement. Lets answer the critics, play smart aggressive football.

Now I talked to Ted and donated him some balls, so he has agreed to call a good plan. We are going to open this baby up, this engine, I want to see hard hits and smart football..........

Then if you guys are good I'll take you out for icecreme and pizza afterwards......but you will pay because I don't get paid shit.....

snowinapril
10-13-2005, 07:35 PM
He might have to ask Wilf to buy a projector, since Red probably didn't have it in the budget to have one at the practice facility.

I am fired up Del, I feel like bruising Bears myself, good speach.

That is exactly what I was thinking along the lines of Us against them.***

Vikes
10-13-2005, 07:44 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Yeah it has been documented there were players apologizing and embarassed by the actions of their teamates.

For all the hell you know it could have been 2 guys and all of their friends getting crazy. It's not cool to wait for the truth though. Lets just piss all over the entire team.

If things went down like that I think there may be a line drawn in the sand and the complete unraveling of any hope we had left is dangerously toying with being gone for this season.

Let me tell you PEP is not as innocent as people may think. He came to PHX last year and my buddy [limo] drove him and couple of other football players around. Tony Saragosa and Tony G. There is more but let's just say PEP is a cool guy. On a side note he said Tony Saragosa is a FUNNY guy. The sad part of the story is my buddy called me and said he would be picking PEP up. I thought he was full of BS. The next morning I woke up and he and PEP had left me a voicemail on my cell phone. But the bottom line is PEP is human and a celebrity.

6-KINGS
10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I think Tice should hold a meeting with all of the faculty memebers, the players, the staff, the secretary, the waterboy.

Get himself a big projector and throw up some of this media hate. Throw up the Urlacher comment throw up the Moss comments throw up the love boat, the gasstation, the weed, the EVERYTHING.

Here's how it should go.

Guys there's a lot of distractions out there right now.....the goddamn sad thing is we have brought it on ourselves. This organization doesn't tolerate losing, I DO NOT tolerate losing. If you tolerate losing then there is the door don't let it hit you in the jiggly butt on the way out.......any takers? NO?

No one wants to go on a boat ride? Slap the headline on the projector. But we didn't...But they lied....But......NO MORE GOD gol 'darnit BUTS!!!!! Rip the image off the screen. No one for a boat ride? How bout you just go outside and smoke some weed? Headline....or get into scuffles at a gas station.....that doesn't sound fun? Does this sound fun? Throw up Bengals score.......how about this Tamba Bay score.......or this Falcons...........

That's not my idea of a good time.....so if you are going to come out of that tunnel in Chicago like a bunch of limp noodles let me know ok? Because that's not how coach T rolls.........that's not how this god gol 'darnit mother ******* (Kick projector over) FOOTBALL TEAM PLAYS!!!!!

Now I want you to look the person sitting next to you in the eyes. That's your brother, that's your teamate. Every single person out there is rooting against you guys. They think you are a bunch of has beens, a bunch of overpaid kids that don't care about winning.......no one walked out that door. I know you guys can win, I know you want to win. I know we say a win is a win. This week boys a win is not a win. I want to bruise the Bears....it's our first divisional game.....lets make a statement. Lets answer the critics, play smart aggressive football.

Now I talked to Ted and donated him some balls, so he has agreed to call a good plan. We are going to open this baby up, this engine, I want to see hard hits and smart football..........

Then if you guys are good I'll take you out for icecreme and pizza afterwards......but you will pay because I don't get paid pooh.....

Or......

We're looking foward to a banner year men, a banner year.
You men are primed, primed I tell ya.
I primed ya myself!
Honed to an edge a razor edge.
Sharp like a razor.
And we're gunna go out there...... and rip um and tear um, and roll um around and when we're done with that we're gunna come back here and ring that victory bell........just like we always wanted too!~!!!

:lol:

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 08:37 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Let me tell you PEP is not as innocent as people may think. He came to PHX last year and my buddy [limo] drove him and couple of other football players around. Tony Saragosa and Tony G. There is more but let's just say PEP is a cool guy. On a side note he said Tony Saragosa is a FUNNY guy. The sad part of the story is my buddy called me and said he would be picking PEP up. I thought he was full of BS. The next morning I woke up and he and PEP had left me a voicemail on my cell phone. But the bottom line is PEP is human and a celebrity.

I'm not saying anything about him I just used him as an example of how this could hurt the team. Even if he is somewhat crazy I doubt he would want this type of publicity. Just that alone could cause some rifts.

I'm just not slamming a wooden spike up his ass and putting him in the dessert like some fans are. I have no facts so to me they are all innocent until someone can deliever something better then he said she said.

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 08:38 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Here's how it should go.

Guys there's a lot of distractions out there right now.....the goddamn sad thing is we have brought it on ourselves. This organization doesn't tolerate losing, I DO NOT tolerate losing. If you tolerate losing then there is the door don't let it hit you in the jiggly butt on the way out.......any takers? NO?

No one wants to go on a boat ride? Slap the headline on the projector. But we didn't...But they lied....But......NO MORE GOD gol 'darnit BUTS!!!!! Rip the image off the screen. No one for a boat ride? How bout you just go outside and smoke some weed? Headline....or get into scuffles at a gas station.....that doesn't sound fun? Does this sound fun? Throw up Bengals score.......how about this Tamba Bay score.......or this Falcons...........

That's not my idea of a good time.....so if you are going to come out of that tunnel in Chicago like a bunch of limp noodles let me know ok? Because that's not how coach T rolls.........that's not how this god gol 'darnit mother ******* (Kick projector over) FOOTBALL TEAM PLAYS!!!!!

Then if you guys are good I'll take you out for icecreme and pizza afterwards......but you will pay because I don't get paid pooh.....

Or...........

"NOT A GO**AMN THING'S been working for us. Like this go**amn suit doesn't work for me... and this stinking tie... and this go**amned shirt. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WINNING HARD-NOSED FOOTBALL? YOU PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE ED GENERRO PLAYED FOOTBALL. A guy who gave his life for this football team. He was a 140-pound halfback, and HE PLAYED LIKE A GO**AMNED WILDMAN! NO! LIKE A GO**AMN RAMPAGING BEAST! And that's the way you got to do it! YOU GO OUT THERE! YOU TEAR THEIR F****** HEADS OFF, AND YOU S*** DOWN THEIR NECKS! Let us pray." - Necessary Roughness

scott72
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I am very surprised at the fact that some of you ( not all of you) are taking this so lightly. Let's forget for a second that I'm a Packer fan it has nothing to do with how I feel about the party. For the record, my 12 yr old son is a die hard Viking fan and has been for some time. He idolizes the team and the players. How do I explain this to him?

Some of you are saying, it's just a party, it happens, their athletes and this kind of stuff happens all the time, blah, blah. Come on people get real, these men are paid millions of dollars for our entertainment. In trade for that salary, they know that their personal lives are going to be in the public eye, especially when they do something dumb like this. Kids looking up to these guys are going to think that it's cool to have boat parties, proposition people for oral sex, etc. And don't tell me they did nothing wrong here. Albeit it is hearsay at this point, but the last time I checked, prostitution in MN was illegal so yes laws were broken.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Packer players haven't screwed up before also. Chumura and his teenage rape, Green and his domestic problems. But what was different is we weren't commenting in our public forum how they did nothing wrong and how it's the media's fault for blowing it out of proportion. These guys were getting ripped on relentlessly about their poor decision making skills

My bottom line is this. These guys make more in a season than most of us will make in an entire lifetime. Show some respect to the public that pays your salary by being a law abiding citizen and giving our kids role models they can be proud of. Is that too much to ask??

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah well basically any of that would be better then this:

Guys gather round.....big daddy Tice wants to have a sit down.......*Tice pulls out a bowl of gummy bears* alright men, pass this around....Daunte I know you hate the green ones, so I pulled them out for you.

Lets be real ok men I love you guys, you are my family......*holding back tears* DAMN it I promised my self I wouldn't cry......*bites knuckle*......wheeeww man this is sooooo hard.......

I'm a little bit upset I wasn't invited on the boat guys........I mean I was there for you guys I am your friend........Mckinnie who was there at that crack hoes house with you doing lines of wassabi off her ass? Me that's who.....you guys.......I'm really dissapointed..........but I forgave you before it happened because to me you are like my children. The media thinks I'm a softy and by god I am because you guys inspire me.

Except Mewelde Moore you little Mother ******* I hate you. Your lucky Mike Bennett fumbled because the first chance I get your getting burried in the depth chart....I mean what do you expect, you have a fondoo party and you don't call coach T? You bastard........

I know you guys will get the job done.........lets go get it done.

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 08:47 PM
"scott72" wrote:

I am very surprised at the fact that some of you ( not all of you) are taking this so lightly. Let's forget for a second that I'm a Packer fan it has nothing to do with how I feel about the party. For the record, my 12 yr old son is a die hard Viking fan and has been for some time. He idolizes the team and the players. How do I explain this to him?

Some of you are saying, it's just a party, it happens, their athletes and this kind of stuff happens all the time, blah, blah. Come on people get real, these men are paid millions of dollars for our entertainment. In trade for that salary, they know that their personal lives are going to be in the public eye, especially when they do something dumb like this. Kids looking up to these guys are going to think that it's cool to have boat parties, proposition people for oral sex, etc. And don't tell me they did nothing wrong here. Albeit it is hearsay at this point, but the last time I checked, prostitution in MN was illegal so yes laws were broken.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Packer players haven't screwed up before also. Chumura and his teenage rape, Green and his domestic problems. But what was different is we weren't commenting in our public forum how they did nothing wrong and how it's the media's fault for blowing it out of proportion. These guys were getting ripped on relentlessly about their poor decision making skills

My bottom line is this. These guys make more in a season than most of us will make in an entire lifetime. Show some respect to the public that pays your salary by being a law abiding citizen and giving our kids role models they can be proud of. Is that too much to ask??

I was, and still am, amazed at the apathy shown by many of the Minnesota fans as well. To be fair, many of the patrons of this site simply want more facts before passing full judgment, and I can live with that. But Defending this type of behavior and going to the point of saying this is "No big deal" is detached and ridiculous.

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 08:48 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Yeah well basically any of that would be better then this:

Guys gather round.....big daddy Tice wants to have a sit down.......*Tice pulls out a bowl of gummy bears* alright men, pass this around....Daunte I know you hate the green ones, so I pulled them out for you.

Lets be real ok men I love you guys, you are my family......*holding back tears* gol 'darnit it I promised my self I wouldn't cry......*bites knuckle*......wheeeww man this is sooooo hard.......

I'm a little bit upset I wasn't invited on the boat guys........I mean I was there for you guys I am your friend........Mckinnie who was there at that crack hoes house with you doing lines of wassabi off her jiggly butt? Me that's who.....you guys.......I'm really dissapointed..........but I forgave you before it happened because to me you are like my children. The media thinks I'm a softy and by god I am because you guys inspire me.

Except Mewelde Moore you little Mother ******* I hate you. Your lucky Mike Bennett fumbled because the first chance I get your getting burried in the depth chart....I mean what do you expect, you have a fondoo party and you don't call coach T? You bastard........

I know you guys will get the job done.........lets go get it done.

You forgot "And if you guys play reawy reawy hawd........THERE"S SUPER BOWL TICKET FOR EVERYONE.............cheap!!

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 08:52 PM
"scott72" wrote:

Let me help all you parents out that are having a hard time with this:

>Son lets talk. You know this whole thing with the Vikings......

>Yeah dad.

>Well son, we don't know the facts yet. Obviously we both know that type of behavior is not acceptable. I want you to know that while this was horrible, I just have to say it wasn't the whole team. The Vikings organization has been around since the early 1960's. They have a deep history and this very stupid event done by a few players shouldn't reflect on the entire team.

Of course that would take communication, that would put the ball in the parents court and actually require some effort. If parents are letting a football organization raise their kids through their example then I guess that's a bigger issue.

Again I reiterate. Who was having problems explaining to thier kids why KWill hit his wife? Why O. Smith has a fake dick in his bag and was suspended?

This is incredibly lame.

scott72
10-13-2005, 10:18 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"scott72" wrote:

>Yeah dad.

>Well son, we don't know the facts yet. Obviously we both know that type of behavior is not acceptable. I want you to know that while this was horrible, I just have to say it wasn't the whole team. The Vikings organization has been around since the early 1960's. They have a deep history and this very stupid event done by a few players shouldn't reflect on the entire team.

Of course that would take communication, that would put the ball in the parents court and actually require some effort. If parents are letting a football organization raise their kids through their example then I guess that's a bigger issue.

Again I reiterate. Who was having problems explaining to thier kids why KWill hit his wife? Why O. Smith has a fake slick willy in his bag and was suspended?

This is incredibly lame.

Del Rio, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you don't have kids. If you did, you would know that the whole innocent until proven guilty BS doesn't fly with kids. They see someone they look up to, put themselves in a position that kids don't understand.

Go ahead and knock my parenting skills and assume I don't communicate with my son about right and wrong if that makes you feel better about what the players did. :roll: And for the record, when O Smith got caught with the dope and k Will hit his wife, I also discussed this with my son. I don't pick and choose which incident to talk to him about, although I am getting tired of approaching him and saying, son, we have to talk again.. :roll:

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 10:19 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

>Yeah dad.

Again I reiterate. Who was having problems explaining to thier kids why KWill hit his wife? Why O. Smith has a fake slick willy in his bag and was suspended?

This is incredibly lame.

I'm sorry, but it's no more lame than that played out, "Athletes are not role models...Parents should control their children" counterargument.

Give me break. Apparently, parenting is so simple that sitting a child down and politely explaining that the indiscretions of professional athletes are not something that is "acceptable" followed by a fairy-tale scenic detour through the glamorous Vikings history, insures that things like this wouldn't be an issue for our informed children? Uh.....huh. Do we go out to the backyard, play a little catch in our vintage Fran Tarkenton and Carl Eller jersies and maybe get a little ice cream too? It's lala and impractical. What about the parents that have children who (GASP!!!) might not think their parents know anything at all. Or maybe those children who have already formed their own opinions regarding the players based on the treatment of athletes in the past. I know I didn't appreciate my parents' wisdom growing up. Does that mean that they just failed to keep me in line?

"Gee Dad, isn't life swell? Thanks for showing that while I can continue to cheer for the Vikings players during the week, I must not copy them for their personal lives are filled with consumption and excess, things of which I have no interest."

Yeah, that might happen on the Beave.

The truth is that it IS hard to try to explain away this riduculous dicotomy that professional athletes force upon family figureheads ALL THE TIME. That dicotomy is this: Why is it ok to cheer for these athletes during the game and hope and pray for their availablity come game day, but it is somehow NOT ok to emulate their behavior on a personal level? And remember, you're explaining this to a child, not some PHD level college grad.

Go ahead, continue to shift the burden of resopnsiblity from the players TO the media, the parents, and anyone else. But all this does is perpetuate the feeling by zillionair athletes that they are different and above the same scrutiny that the average member of society is subject to.

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 10:28 PM
I actually do have a son and a child on the way. I do believe you can communicate with them. I am also the oldest of 6 boys.

I do believe it is a bunch of shit what some of you guys are saying about this and your children, and if your kids buy into the hype and you feel they are going to feel the need to go have boat sex parties I would blame you rather then the Minnesota Vikings.

Of course I don't care how you choose to raise your kids, and I don't care if you like to pin blame on entire football teams off the actions of a few. I don't even care if you are surprised that this isn't as big as issue for a lot of fans. I just say it how I see it, just an opinion nothing more then that.

I don't remember you on here wiggling your finger at fans when K-Will was in trouble. Or O.Smith was in trouble thats all I was saying in regards to that.

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I think this thread has run it's course and it's gotten so long and drawn out that people are forgetting what has previously been posted. And it's starting to get to be on a personal level. I saw we revisit it when charges are filed. OUT!!1

Cheers to all for the discussion though. :occasion5:

Lotza
10-13-2005, 10:36 PM
does anyone have a link to the video?

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 10:40 PM
*Edited out long winded rant*

Insert this:

Lets say you don't agree with Sean Penns political views in fact you find them offensive.

You don't want your kids being subjected to that, you don't want to have to talk to them about it.

It may be a good Idea to not watch Sean Penn movies. Not to fork out the cash flow.

An athlete that plays for a team you enjoy is a bad example for little timmy, last time I checked we as fans really can't say you are fired. So the biggest way you as an adult could make a difference and protect your family is stop promoting and contributing to the games/player until that player is gone.

That wont happen because that is too big a sacrifice to give up even though it is obviously tainting your child beyond your control. So support is needed to be gathered, the thing is there are more then enough people who could care less or who do not find it a big deal.

BBQ Platypus
10-13-2005, 11:02 PM
I have an awful feeling that the media, coupled with "progressive" Minnesota politics that include lies about the sales tax (which, in practice, is more progressive than an income tax because rich people can't get their lawyers to lower the sales tax to ridiculously low levels for them), are going to bring about a mass exodus of professional sports from Minnesota. I hope I'm wrong, but if things keep going the way they're going right now, no new stadiums will be built (despite the fact that lobbyists and lawmakers have no qualms about giving subsidies to build concert halls for orchestras financed by billionaire patrons, and whose well-paid musicians are led by a millionaire conductor). The Vikings, Twins, and eventually the T-Wolves will leave Minnesota for a venue where the fans are supportive, and the media doesn't treat them like dirt. Sure, they've been acting badly. But a state filled with self-righteous, moralizing assholes like Minnesota deserves no better. Although I will always love the Vikings, I'm getting out of this hellhole as soon as I can, whether they move or not. I want to live in a REAL city like Chicago, not a Minnesota Pseudo-City, in the REAL Midwest (not the West East Coast that Minnesota is), where the people are REAL good people who are honest instead of "Minnesota Nice", an expression invented by arrogant, provincial Minnesotans, and a product of their own egotism.

ultravikingfan
10-13-2005, 11:10 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"scott72" wrote:
[quote]I was, and still am, amazed at the apathy shown by many of the Minnesota fans as well. To be fair, many of the patrons of this site simply want more facts before passing full judgment, and I can live with that. But Defending this type of behavior and going to the point of saying this is "No big deal" is detached and ridiculous.

We do not even know exactly what happened on that boat.

BTW, do you have children? Just wondering.

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 11:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"scott72" wrote:
[quote]I was, and still am, amazed at the apathy shown by many of the Minnesota fans as well. To be fair, many of the patrons of this site simply want more facts before passing full judgment, and I can live with that. But Defending this type of behavior and going to the point of saying this is "No big deal" is detached and ridiculous.

For the record, my 12 yr old son is a die hard Viking fan and has been for some time. He idolizes the team and the players. How do I explain this to him?

ultravikingfan
10-13-2005, 11:31 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"scott72" wrote:

For the record, my 12 yr old son is a die hard Viking fan and has been for some time. He idolizes the team and the players. How do I explain this to him?

My take, you don't need to.

My son is 9 and he too idolizes the Vikings. I do not feel he needs to know any of the bad things that happen at this age. Even at 9, he heres enough negative things as it is.

V4L
10-13-2005, 11:38 PM
My lil bros don't think much of this at all.. Pep is frustated I totally understand too

Hooversham
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Son of a.........

I had a long retort to your "long winded rant" but you changed it and when I tried to post it, I got an error message and lost it. Somehow.....you will pay.

As for your newest post, it's not quite the same thing.

Sure, I can tell my children not to go to Sean Penn movies. That's easy. But telling my kids that they can't go to Vikings games or anything associated with the Vikings, simply to effectuate my distaste for a FEW of the individuals doesn't solve any problems. In fact, I think it was YOU who said that it was not proper to "lump everyone together". Well, when your solution to the problems created by a FEW is to not pay to watch the GROUP, it's a little contradictory.

Num1mossfan
10-13-2005, 11:55 PM
does daunte like asnwering questuions about the sex party or Moss?? Lifes great without Moss huh?....god I hate Red

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 11:56 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Son of a.........

I had a long retort to your "long winded rant" but you changed it and when I tried to post it, I got an error message and lost it. Somehow.....you will pay.

As for your newest post, it's not quite the same thing.

Sure, I can tell my children not to go to Sean Penn movies. That's easy. But telling my kids that they can't go to Vikings games or anything associated with the Vikings, simply to effectuate my distaste for a FEW of the individuals doesn't solve any problems. In fact, I think it was YOU who said that it was not proper to "lump everyone together". Well, when your solution to the problems created by a FEW is to not pay to watch the GROUP, it's a little contradictory.

Sorry I had no idea it would do that, I have never heard of an error because of that. Usually it just quotes it. Feel free to respond now. The only reason I edited it out was because I re-read it and I was being a severe ass hole.

Since you read it, I apologize.

Lotza
10-13-2005, 11:58 PM
"Num1mossfan" wrote:

does daunte like asnwering questuions about the sex party or Moss?? Lifes great without Moss huh?....god I hate Red

you can't be saying that if was were on our team that we would not have done the sex boat

Del Rio
10-14-2005, 12:02 AM
No it's not contridictory it is what it is.

A few people made a mistake. You have people saying OH GOD my son is a Vikings fan what do I do?

I don't know maybe wait to see what FEW PEOPLE did this and act accordingly.

That's why I said what I said. That is why I have been saying it all along. You have a few guys acting out and every one of your overreacting posters are trying to attatch it to the entire team.

Oh my school wont support the VIKINGS TEAM
How do I explain this to my son who is a VIKINGS fan
This is so horrible blah blah blah VIKINGS........

If you do take that stand then get the hell out of dodge IMO, either be a grown up and handle the situation or remove yourself and your child from the situation. Because as of right now you have no name to attatch this pumped up anger towards, you have no facts, you have nothing.

Other then premature drama that can only be adding to the stress that some feel inclined to have over this situation

Hooversham
10-14-2005, 12:34 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

That's why I said what I said. That is why I have been saying it all along. You have a few guys acting out and every one of your overreacting posters are trying to attatch it to the entire team.

That's the point though. I've reread all of my posts. I'm not accusing the Vikings TEAM of anything. I'm disgusted by the acts of a few, and my concern has to do with explaining away the acts of those few. Nowhere in my posts did I say that the Vikings TEAM did anything wrong, other than maybe being a little too tight lipped about the whole matter. That is it.

So here's my conundrum. A few players act up and your solution is to tell my child that they cannot watch, listen to, or otherwise support the Vikings as a TEAM? I'm still at a loss as to how your solution to the problem is a solution at all. Sure, my psuedo-political activism against the players monstrous payroll would technically hurt that player, but in that same breadth, am I not punishing the rest of the Vikings players who had nothing to do with it? ANd further, am I not now punishing my SON by not allowing him to watch, listen to or otherwise support the TEAM simply because a few of them are irresponsible.

Telling him that he cannot buy one of those players' jersey or telling him he can't get an autograph of that specific player is one thing.......and that would be more like your Sean Penn movie example........ but telling him he cannot watch football is another. It's extremist. It's the same argument people try to make when people are upset at the policies of the current administration. Their solution is, if you don't like it.....leave. Well, I prefer to express my concerns about that policy. I like to ask for accountability from those invovled. And I don't consider LEAVING altogether an option.

LosAngelis
10-14-2005, 04:48 AM
I just have to ask...was Daunte even on the boat?

If he was, then the questions were probably somewhat justified.

If not, then I think they were out of line.

Media will overblow anything. They're bigger whores than the ladies on the boat.

scott72
10-14-2005, 05:03 AM
But you see it's not like this is the 1st incident involving a Viking player. If it was, or even the 2nd in a few years, you could simply say, yeah it was a couple "bad apples" and it doesnt reflect the organization. But no, this is at least the 12th incident involving a Viking player.

Below is just some of the recent transgressions by the Vikings players and coaches.

In the past 20 years, the Vikings have compiled a remarkable off-field résumé. The following list does not even qualify as a Cliffs Notes version. It has been heavily edited because the Star Tribune redesign does not allow stories long enough to fill a phone book:

• Between 1986 and 1990, nine Vikings were arrested for drunken driving, and receiver Buster Rhymes was treated for cocaine dependency.

• In 1988,, citing "overwhelming negative response" from the public, the Vikings released convicted sex offender Mossy Cade.

• In 1995, running back Keith Henderson pleaded guilty to three counts of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

• In 1995, quarterback Warren Moon reached an out-of-court agreement with a former team cheerleader who alleged that he forced her to have sex with him and harassed her. Moon had denied the allegations and prepared a countersuit.

• That year, Moon allegedly struck his wife in the head with an open hand and choked her to the point where she almost passed out, according to police in Missouri City, Texas.

She did not press charges and, although the case went to trial anyway, Moon was found not guilty.

• In 1995, the Star Tribune reported that the Vikings paid $150,000 to head off a sexual harassment suit against Vikings assistant coach Richard Solomon, coach Dennis Green's closest friend on the staff.

• In 1999, safety Orlando Thomas was disciplined by the NFL after pleading no contest to the misdemeanor charge of simple battery on his wife.

• In 2002, receiver Randy Moss knocked a traffic cop to the ground with his car, then was charged with drug possession. He later reached an out-of-court settlement with the officer.

• In 2002, two women claimed to be sexually assaulted at the team's Arctic Blast fundraiser.

• In 2004, linebackers E.J. Henderson and Michael Nattiel and tight end Steve Farmer were arrested after officers said they saw the players assaulting a man outside the Tabu nightclub in Minneapolis.

• In 2005, running back Onterrio Smith was suspended by the NFL for a year for violating the league's substance abuse policy, two months after being caught at an airport with The Original Whizzinator, a kit designed to circumvent drug tests.

• Also in 2005, coach Mike Tice was fined by the NFL for scalping Super Bowl tickets, and defensive tackle Kevin Williams was arrested on charges of domestic abuse.

Whats the deal here? When does it end? Do you honestly think that the taxpayers of Minnesota are going to fund a stadium for these jokers and get this in return?

mnvikes61
10-14-2005, 05:08 AM
i'm sure if you dig into every teams history you will find players that did something wrong.

VikingsSUck
10-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Any man who pays for sex is a whore. Prositution demeans all women. The Vikings (and many other professional athletes) are nothing but a bunch of sluts and thugs. They serve no purpose.

ItalianStallion
10-14-2005, 05:23 AM
hey scott 72:

BROWN, GILBERT
Green Bay defensive tackle Gilbert Brown arrested for assault for allegedly pushing his girlfriend over a couch. The woman did not want to press charges but police made the arrest anyway after noticing a bruise on her arm. He pleaded guilty.
http://espn.go.com/editors/gen/features/crime/crimenfl.html

CHMURA, MARK
4/00
Mark Chmura of the Green Bay Packers was arrested and jailed today after his 17-year-old baby sitter accused him of sexually assaulting her at a party after a prom.

DAVENPORT, NAJEH
4/02
Green Bay Packers fullback Najeh Davenport was arrested Monday, accused of breaking into a university dormitory and defecating in a woman’s closet.

FAVRE, BRETT
Brett Favre may be addicted to Vicodin, a common painkiller, and alcohol could be part of the problem, Favre's father said Wednesday.

FREEMAN, ANTONIO
Green Bay Packers receivers Antonio Freeman and Charles Jordan on Tuesday each were charged with misdemeanor obstruction for allegedly lying to police about their roles in a traffic accident, prosecutors said. The obstruction charge carries a maximum penalty of 9 months in jail and a $10,000 fine, authorities said.
Green Bay Packers receiver Antonio Freeman admitted he consumed two or three glasses of wine shortly before being involved in a traffic accident last year in which a companion was injured, according to a court deposition.
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Antonio Freeman was fined $10,000 by the NFL on Thursday for slapping the ball from an official's hands in last weekend's loss at Tampa Bay.

GREEN, AHMAN
3/99
Seattle Seahawks running back Ahman Green pleaded innocent Friday to a charge of fourth-degree assault in a domestic violence case.
A protection order against Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green, obtained by his wife, has been dropped. Shalynn Green asked the court to dismiss the order, which required the Packers player to stay away from her Omaha home and their two children's day care center. When requesting the order in May, Shalynn Green claimed her husband threatened her. She also accused him of physically abusing her, saying he beat her twice while she was pregnant.
Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green could face up to $450 in fines and have his driver's license revoked for up to one year after he allegedly failed to report a traffic accident last week.

MARSHALL, TORRANCE
7/03
The Green Bay Packers said Friday that third-year linebacker Torrance Marshall has been suspended by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Marshall will miss the team's first four regular season games without pay.

RIVERA, MARCO
Green Bay Packers guard Marco Rivera has pleaded innocent to drunken driving and speeding. Rivera was arrested May 19 after a Brown County Sheriff's Department deputy clocked him doing 95 mph in a 45 mph zone. Tests showed Rivera's blood-alcohol level was 0.196 percent, nearly twice the legal limit to drive

WHITE, REGGIE
This is not about whether God speaks to Reggie White, although you might question whether White stops talking long enough to hear Him, if He does. You might remember the speech last month to the Wisconsin State Assembly. White was expected to speak for a few minutes and went blazes for 50. He spoke from the heart, and he spoke from left field. He spoke what he believed. He said homosexuality is part of the sin that has "run rampant in our nation, and because it has run rampant in our nation, our nation is in the condition it is today." What condition is that, Reg? Close-minded and judgmental? Races, meanwhile, were reduced to stereotypes. Asians can "turn a television into a watch." Hispanics are "gifted in family structure ... they can put 20 or 30 people in one home." Whites "know how to tap into money." Blacks are "very gifted in what we call worship and celebration."

Former NFL star Reggie White and his wife are offering to pledge $25,000 of the equity in their Green Bay home to help post bail for an alleged gang leader facing racketeering and narcotics charges.

WILLIAMS, TYRONE
Cornerback Tyrone Williams of the Green Bay Packers served 126 days in jail on a misdemeanor weapons charge dating from 1996 when he was at Nebraska.

ETC.

And that isn't even counting the past couple years.

ultravikingfan
10-14-2005, 05:39 AM
"VikingsSUck" wrote:

Any man who pays for sex is a whore. Prositution demeans all women. The Vikings (and many other professional athletes) are nothing but a bunch of sluts and thugs. They serve no purpose.

I give this guy less than a day before he's canned. http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/062.gif

snowinapril
10-14-2005, 06:08 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsSUck" wrote:

I give this guy less than a day before he's canned. http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/062.gif

How about less than 30 minutes or better yet, less than 30 seconds.

He needs to go preach somewhere else. There is nothing thought provoking or thread contributing about this poster, it is only antagonistic.

Del Rio
10-14-2005, 03:00 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That's the point though. I've reread all of my posts. I'm not accusing the Vikings TEAM of anything. I'm disgusted by the acts of a few, and my concern has to do with explaining away the acts of those few. Nowhere in my posts did I say that the Vikings TEAM did anything wrong, other than maybe being a little too tight lipped about the whole matter. That is it.

So here's my conundrum. A few players act up and your solution is to tell my child that they cannot watch, listen to, or otherwise support the Vikings as a TEAM? I'm still at a loss as to how your solution to the problem is a solution at all. Sure, my psuedo-political activism against the players monstrous payroll would technically hurt that player, but in that same breadth, am I not punishing the rest of the Vikings players who had nothing to do with it? ANd further, am I not now punishing my SON by not allowing him to watch, listen to or otherwise support the TEAM simply because a few of them are irresponsible.

Telling him that he cannot buy one of those players' jersey or telling him he can't get an autograph of that specific player is one thing.......and that would be more like your Sean Penn movie example........ but telling him he cannot watch football is another. It's extremist. It's the same argument people try to make when people are upset at the policies of the current administration. Their solution is, if you don't like it.....leave. Well, I prefer to express my concerns about that policy. I like to ask for accountability from those invovled. And I don't consider LEAVING altogether an option.

Here's the deal there Hoover,

A player acts out, your son is a fan of the team. You can

A) Bitch about it on a message board to make yourself feel better.
B) Stop supporting that player, remove yourself from the situation.
C) Explain to your son that some people are assholes and don't represent the entire team. That it is ok to support the Vikings even though they have some bad apples.

I suggested C, and chests puffed out....WHa Wha What!!??? Oh you don't know kids you can't communicate with kids, they think what they want....

Your obviously already doing A, and doing it well.

So in my eyes yes, if you care enough about it to worry about your childs moral foundation you need to remove him/her from the situation. Write a letter to your public officials (for your own sake.) Otherwise your just bitching to bitch. Which is fine.

That's what I'm saying though. If it's that big of deal to you it shouldn't be that hard of a decision epecially if the bad bad Viking players are corupting your youth.

moss4mvp..
10-14-2005, 03:11 PM
I can't belive how much money this organization spent to make this team better and all we got was a buch of nothing . This team is lost w/o Moss . Now we have the love boat to deal with . This sucks .

NordicNed
10-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Where are all these 1 post wonders coming from?....

Maybe it's time for the Phil-Am Marshal to start doing some pounding....

Get a life people....

Del Rio
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Funny Ned,

I said the same thing yesterday, 1,2,3 posts joined on the 12th or 13th see people eat this shit up. They come out of the woodwork for this over inflated drama. I think they are so excited about being able to try and trump up some moral revolt that they can't contain themselves any longer :grin: :grin:

ultravikingfan
10-14-2005, 03:41 PM
You think your some kind of expert because you have 1 post. That just tells me you have a lot of time on your hands.

V4L
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

You think your some kind of expert because you have 1 post. That just tells me you have a lot of time on your hands.

:lol: :lol:

NordicNed
10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Good one ultra........

Ltrey33
10-14-2005, 04:19 PM
"moss4mvp.." wrote:

I can't belive how much money this organization spent to make this team better and all we got was a buch of nothing . This team is lost w/o Moss . Now we have the love boat to deal with . This sucks .

Vikings fan or Moss fan?

"VikingsSUck" wrote:

Stupid trolls :roll:

It's amazing who comes out of the woodwork when things are going badly. People are petty.

ultravikingfan
10-14-2005, 05:14 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"moss4mvp.." wrote:
[quote]I can't belive how much money this organization spent to make this team better and all we got was a buch of nothing . This team is lost w/o Moss . Now we have the love boat to deal with . This sucks .

Vikings fan or Moss fan?

How about "Banned Members of PP.O fan"