PDA

View Full Version : Viking Amends - Road to Recovery

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
I am starting this now, before this weekends outcome, good or bad.

Feel free to participate!

Hi my name is Snow, I am a recovering diarrhea of the mouth Viking Fan. I have been continually placing blame on the coaching staff and the O line for the problems with the Vikings this season. I have continually put the problems out there in plain sight for everyone to ponder on and for that I apologize, for the looseness of the mouth(keyboard). I know I shouldn't be so critical of the Vikings cause I am a "TRUE FAN" or as some would say, a "REAL FAN." I shouldn't be so critical of the Vikings and I am the one to blame for the losses so far.

I am going to bring in my brother, father and a few friends to be consultants this week or as others like to call it, an intervention.

I apologize once again and will take ownership for my actions by saying the losses are my fault.

Articnv
10-12-2005, 09:01 AM
man u just caused us another lose this week.......

j/k that was funny

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 09:04 AM
My name is Snow and I am an enabler. I am sorry, I just thought a nice boat ride with some strippers and alcohol would be a relaxing experience for our boys. I didn't mean for it to turn into fodder for the press.

It is all my fault. It is all me. There is no U in strIpper or acohol, only an I and an a and a e and a o, but no U. My bad!!!

Lotza
10-12-2005, 02:08 PM
im confused SNOW!!!!

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

im confused SNOW!!!!

No, you are Lotza (not confused Snow), and you are too generous, you been helping your fellow Viking fans at PPO, enjoy themselves more by having Sigs to display. You have been distracting these PPO members with Fun Stuff (Enabling) and not letting them deal with their issues. You need to make amends. (LOL) :lol:

Lotza
10-12-2005, 05:42 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

im confused SNOW!!!!

No, you are Lotza (not confused Snow), and you are too generous, you been helping your fellow Viking fans at PPO, enjoy themselves more by having Sigs to display. You have been distracting these PPO members with Fun Stuff (Enabling) and not letting them deal with their issues. You need to make amends. (LOL) lolhaha!

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Snow <like an AA meeting>

My name is Hoover. I am a cynic and a realist. I admit that when the Vikings lose, I come back from my fantasy land of unbridled optimism and I complain and whine about the coaching, the teams mental state, the lack of discipline and the incompetence. I admit that I may make other "TRUE" fans feel uneasy and angry. For this I am sorry.

I will try to keep my head in the sand and my glasses rose-colored so as not to upset the wrangled mass that is Viking Fandome. Cross my heart.

I also admit that the 2005 Fred Smoot Ho' Boat and Sex Party got me a little heated. But I was completely out of line in lambasting the organization for being unable to reign in its own players and I was just being an a$$ for saying that the veteran "leadership" is no better than a drunk Kelly Campbell at a warehouse district strip club. I should have known that Mr. Smoot was just trying to rally his Defensive mates (no pun intended) and release a little tension aboard his "love boat" of sorts during the bye week.

Again, for this, I apologize.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

I also admit that the 2005 Fred Smoot Ho' Boat and Sex Party got me a little heated. But I was completely out of line in lambasting the organization for being unable to reign in its own players and I was just being an a$$ for saying that the veteran "leadership" is no better than a drunk Kelly Campbell at a warehouse district strip club. I should have known that Mr. Smoot was just trying to rally his Defensive mates (no pun intended) and release a little tension aboard his "love boat" of sorts during the bye week.

LMAO

There can be a lot of fun in sarcasm when used the right way. Thanks for playing, thanks for the post Hooversham.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/jagreenw/chriskluwepunter.jpg
^^^^^^^We all know this guy(Klewe) wasn't on the boat^^^^^^^^^
He probably wasn't invited

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi my name is WBL and some would say that I tend to be too positive towards the Vikings and get my hopes up too high so I guess I need to make amends to all of those negative people out there. I don't whine about the coaching, or the players but instead try to come up with excuses as to why they might be that way. I also need to make amends to my poor little bleeding purple heart for getting too emotionally attached. I don't think it can take it anymore! So I guess I have too much faith, if there is such a thing. But for those of you who consider this a problem, I probably will never change so you're just going to have to deal with me!

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi my name is Del Rio......

I would like to make Amends for god giving me these hands. I know it's hard for other WR's to go around life not having the mad skills that god blessed me with. The ability to catch a football with my figernails for example.

Lord Bless the Pygmies on New Guinea Amen

RK.
10-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi my name is RK

I just came here with my friend Del Rio. I am trying to support him in really admitting to himself his problem. You can see by his statement that he is pretty much in denial. I am just a social complainer and feel that a
b!tch here and there is not a real problem. On occasion in my youth I used to go on a real bender that would last a couple of days but haven't done that since my college days. I think all of you are really brave to stand up and admit to your addiction and I will pray for all of you over come your problem. :lol:

Hooversham
10-12-2005, 09:29 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Hi my name is WBL and some would say that I tend to be too positive towards the Vikings and get my hopes up too high so I guess I need to make amends to all of those negative people out there. I don't whine about the coaching, or the players but instead try to come up with excuses as to why they might be that way. I also need to make amends to my poor little bleeding purple heart for getting too emotionally attached. I don't think it can take it anymore! So I guess I have too much faith, if there is such a thing. But for those of you who consider this a problem, I probably will never change so you're just going to have to deal with me!

You have friends here, WBL. You really do.

Good post, BTW.

Mr. Purple
10-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi everyone the names Williamson of Troy, but you can call me Josh.

Just like WBlVike babe I too get my hopes up too high every season. I think that its only natural being a die hard vikes fan. After we loose I tend to go into a state of depression and take it out on anyone who I come in contact with who pi$$es me off. I am sorry.

ultravikingfan
10-13-2005, 12:25 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Hi everyone the names Williamson of Troy, but you can call me Josh.

Just like WBlVike babe I too get my hopes up too high every season. I think that its only natural being a die hard vikes fan. After we loose I tend to go into a state of depression and take it out on anyone who I come in contact with who pi$$es me off. I am sorry.

Hello back. My name is ultravikingfan, but you can call me Dan.

Screw you pal!

jk! :lol:

VikingMike
10-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Hi Snow, my name is Mike. Hi Mike...

I think it was just a great idea to rent a couple of boats and invite your best buds for some real male bonding. You know, something that will bring 'em all together so they could really tear up the league. Men will be men, and boys will be idiots, or worse. Just plain unbelievable!

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/page%20rushing.jpg

6-KINGS
10-13-2005, 03:36 AM
Hi my name is 6-KINGS but you can call me Scotty

I am a future movie star and I like pizza.
I have been a Viking fan since 1967.
I have seen the Vikings and their players do anything and everything wrong, on many many occassions.
And all that seems wrong now, will in a very short time matter even less than it does now.

Cuzz when the Vikes win Sunday, everybody will be happy again.

WBLVikeBabe
10-13-2005, 05:27 AM
well it's WBL again I just had to make another amend to my family for having to put up with me every Sunday afternoon. They have to see me yelling, screaming, jumping up and down, throwing things, sometimes swearing, they think I'm insane but I'm really not. But you know what I don't really give a rip, I will yell and scream all I want and they can think what they want. I just love a team very very much, I love my Vikings! Oh and I love my family too!! hahah

Mr. Purple
10-13-2005, 05:33 AM
that was cold as ice ultra! :sad:

whackthepack
10-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi, my name is whack the pack. Hi whack!

I am a Viking addict! I have not gone any time in the last 37 years not rooting for the Minnesota Vikings! It has not been easy, and it has affected my personal life. I have had neighbors tell me to shout up, and even tell me horror stories of what I have said while I am on a Viking tirade!

I have to close the windows when the game starts, and I have to have a TV brick close by so I can throw it at my TV. I always want my team to be perfect, and the other team to make mistakes. And if the Vikes win, the day is even better if the Pack loses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been through the deeps of hell, but we have not yet reached the promised land! Thank god my wife is very understanding, and takes it in stride! She knows my addiction runs very deep, and that I will probably never be cured!

But I was the one that thought the Vikes needed to bond more, so I told my adoptive Viking (Fred Smoot) to rent a boat, grab a bunch of hookers and just go nuts on the boat! It is my fault and I have to take the blame!!

So, I am Whack the Pack and that is my story!

snowinapril
10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi, my name is Snow, "Hi Snow"

Well, I have to admit that sometimes, I am a little too compulsive, I read a thread that is going in the wrong direction and I just can't help myself. I realize that I am human, I realize that it is human to error. I would like to apologize to for my action. I am guilty of adding to threads that I know have no real purpose. I keep telling myself, I can help others with my post. I can steer people in a rational direction. I am finally realizing that I can only control my own thoughts and actions. I will try to steer myself away from negative threads from now on. I feel that I owe the Vikings an apology for being a bad example. I know they look at me as a role model and I have set a bad example. Therefore, because I confused them with a bad example, they went out and rented a boat and HIRED some strippers. It is all my fault. I apologize to the fans, the player, the children of the players and the fans. I also apologize to the media for not telling them about the party before hand so they could have snuck cameras in and captured the real story instead of making most of it up. I apologize to you for having to read this dribble.***

WBLVikeBabe
10-14-2005, 07:10 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I am guilty of adding to threads that I know have no real purpose.

then maybe you need to post in the flirting thread! :lol:

mnvikes61
10-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Hello man name is MnVikes!
i also am guilty of being an obessive viking fan just like all of you. i have been guilty of saying some horrible things when the vikings fail to reach my expectations. sadly my expectation is unobtainable, it is perfection. it'd be nice to just see one game/season go perfect. i thought we had the perfect season in 98 but sadly it ended up being a nightmare. we won't talk about that game though. i hope one day i'll be able to take the losses with the wins and not feel like my sanity is completely flying out the window.

snowinapril
10-14-2005, 07:17 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I am guilty of adding to threads that I know have no real purpose.

then maybe you need to post in the flirting thread! :lol:

Abstaining from that thread, can't handle more than one vice at a time, besides,

I am a little too compulsive :shock: :cool: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

LosAngelis
10-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi Snow!

Oh, I'm a Packer fan. I just came in the meeting room because I was looking for a bathroom.

Have a good meeting.

Anyone have a beer?

snowinapril
10-14-2005, 07:27 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Hi Snow!

Oh, I'm a Packer fan. I just came in the meeting room because I was looking for a bathroom.

Have a good meeting.

Anyone have a beer?

Saint Arnold's Oktoberfest

It is the other room you want to stay out of, we drink here.

Everyone knows where the bathroom is, it is in Wizzconsin, just right over there.*** Notice my disclaimer below.

Later, LOS, wish I could share my Oktoberfest with ya.

NordicNed
10-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Hello,

My name is VikingNed, but you can call me Ned if you like.

It's been 38 years of bleeding purple for me, and I don't see the bleeding coming to an end, ever.

I've gone thru 8 radios and somewhere around 14 tv's during this time span, all being victoms of some purple rage, set on by bad loses and bad news....

I'm on my third wife, but I think I'll keep this one, she's a wonderful wife-mother to our son- and a Vikings Fan.......

If I had bought stock in Budweiser and Miller, I could have easily retired by now, just on the gains these two beers have made from me, through my gameday indulgence.

I guess I'm sorry for using the Vikings name in Vein at times, but I'de be a liar if I said I would never do it again.

I consider myself a true and loyal fan, but I've never been happy with a viking season.

I will the DAY WE WIN the SUPER BOWL, for is this not the true reason we are fans?
To be the best and stand out as the Best Football Team in the whole NFL.
This season is young, and I still believe we can do what others say we can't, and that is win and go to the Super Bowl, and come out as Champs.
Am I setting myself up for another let down? I think not, but if so, I can always use a new and bigger TV.

But as long as there is a Team Named the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL, I'll continue to bleed purple and cheer for no other.

SKOL,

VikingNed

vikinggreg
10-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi my name is Greg

My family locks me in the basement with my TV and computer on Sundays in the fall. If I yell and scream a lot they keep there distance until …Tuesday. If I cheer and clap we have a great dinner to celebrate. They say I have a problem that I’m a Viking addict.

My wife learned of this problem before we married when I explain my Norse head tattoo, and then later I help her pick the colors for our wedding day. Purple and gold of course, then a baby named David (Palmer) Bradley (Johnson) Grant ( Bud the God of Viking coaches).

I however haven’t come to terms with my problems, they (my family) no longer allow me to name pets or paint rooms. So here I am looking for a fix.

snowinapril
10-14-2005, 07:50 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Hi my name is Greg

My family locks me in the basement with my TV and computer on Sundays in the fall. If I yell and scream a lot they keep there distance until …Tuesday. If I cheer and clap we have a great dinner to celebrate. They say I have a problem that I’m a Viking addict.

My wife learned of this problem before we married when I explain my Norse head tattoo, and then later I help her pick the colors for our wedding day. Purple and gold of course, then a baby named David (Palmer) Bradley (Johnson) Grant ( Bud the God of Viking coaches).

I however haven’t come to terms with my problems, they (my family) no longer allow me to name pets or paint rooms. So here I am looking for a fix.

Well, you are among people who know where you are coming from. Enjoy the therapy and good luck on your personal journey to recovery or a Vikings Suberbowl, whichever comes first. Or maybe they are one in the same, heck I don't know, I am still in the recovery also so it is like the blind leading the blind. Good Luck!

You too Ned, you are among friends here! Keep on Keep'n on!!!

WBLVikeBabe
10-14-2005, 07:57 AM
haha VikingGreg good post!

vikinggreg
10-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Man I need a win bad, I can't sleep, I'm grumpy... help :crybaby: