PDA

View Full Version : Garbage to get rid of next year

Hitstick31
10-11-2005, 04:26 AM
Here are some garbage players to get rid of next year:

Sam Cowart- Will be 31, and too slow to play mlb anymore
Corey Chavous- Need I say more, the name just sounds dejecting.
Ken Irvin- 32, his legs are old and he isnt very physical
Cory Withrow- He's not strong enough to play center
Keenan Howry- Why the hell did we keep him?? He's small and slow, not a very good returner and isnt a threat like Kelly was. Kelly Campbell was 10 times better
Chris Liwenski- We can replace him with someone better

Put your suggestions down for cuts for next year.

WBLVikeBabe
10-11-2005, 04:43 AM
I liked Kelly Campbell as well. I was sad that they let him go although he did have an injury.

Mr. Purple
10-11-2005, 04:46 AM
I would like to keep cowart for vetern leadership...but the rest can go...I hope chavous can step up his game and pull through this season

finnishvikingsfan
10-11-2005, 04:47 AM
One that list I only really see 2 guys that we could do away with. Chavous has a great football mind he could mentor some of the younger guys. Cowart has a lot of Knowledge of the game and can still play but he is past his prime Withrow makes a good back-up. Liwenski has a ton of potential. Irvin we can get rid of and Howery can go.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 05:21 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

I liked Kelly Campbell as well. I was sad that they let him go although he did have an injury.

The guy is a reject though.

I disagree about Chavous and Lewinski. Keep 'em.

I have read a lot of posts where he is being bashed. But, I have read very little as to why? I see too much, "he sucks." That does not hold any weight. If you believe he sucks, thats ok...just back it up.

Maybe the reason that so many think "he sucks" is because he is not in his Pro Bowl form, although he is still a good player.

Hitstick31
10-11-2005, 05:32 AM
Corey sucks because he isn't very athletic and doesn't have a nose for the ball. He isn't a ballhawking safety neither a hard hitting safety. He really doesnt have a place playing defensive back nonetheless football. I dont know why people like this guy, he isnt physical and can't run for crap. I really think he is just a waste of space and we can get Offord to do the job twice as better for alot less money. Face it, this guy isn't very talented to begin with.

Sorry Corey, you can go join Fox sports or Espn or even Nfl Network and be an analyst. You are a great "football" mind, aren't ya?

jellovike
10-11-2005, 05:34 AM
Tice, Loney, etc.

finnishvikingsfan
10-11-2005, 05:42 AM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

Corey sucks because he isn't very athletic and doesn't have a nose for the ball. He isn't a ballhawking safety neither a hard hitting safety. He really doesnt have a place playing defensive back nonetheless football. I dont know why people like this guy, he isnt physical and can't run for crap. I really think he is just a waste of space and we can get Offord to do the job twice as better for alot less money. Face it, this guy isn't very talented to begin with.

Sorry Corey, you can go join Fox sports or Espn or even Nfl Network and be an analyst. You are a great "football" mind, aren't ya?

After he retires I would try and sign him as a scout or something like that.

Hooversham
10-11-2005, 05:51 AM
Mel Kiper has an excellent football "mind" but I wouldn't want him to play safety.

singersp
10-11-2005, 05:58 AM
So this is what it's come down to?

1st we have have numerous threads on losing, then threads on getting rid of Bennett, then numerous threads on getting rid of Tice & Co., then threads on getting rid or benching Culpepper & now threads of who we should axe! People just won't quit until they have no one left on the team to blame. I'm suprised there hasn't been blame thrown on Ragnar yet.

Doesn't anyone have anything positive to say about are team?

Count me out of this thread!

WBLVikeBabe
10-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Actually I think there was a thread awhile back about Ragnar and the way he danced or something. People were bashing him for that I think.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 06:06 AM
"singersp" wrote:

1st we have have numerous threads on losing, then threads on getting rid of Bennett, then numerous threads on getting rid of Tice & Co., then threads on getting rid or benching Culpepper & now threads of who we should axe! People just won't quit until they have no one left on the team to blame. I'm suprised there hasn't been blame thrown on Ragnar yet.

Thanks for reminding me:

Ragnar has to go.

So do these guys:
1. Crew that paints the field...gone.
2. Guy who plugs in the little cart that comes out to retrieve injured players...gone.
3. Personnel who fill the gatorade jugs...gone.
4. Tice's secretary...gone. (gotta blame her, or him, for something)
5. The folks who try and give you a free shirt for filling out a credit card application...gone.

Your right sing...to many threads about who to blame, trade, or fire. You'll notice that some members only feel comfortable only talking about this stuff.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 06:07 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Actually I think there was a thread awhile back about Ragnar and the way he danced or something. People were bashing him for that I think.

That was a member who was not aware of Ragnar's popularity with the fans.

WBLVikeBabe
10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Yea you are right Ultra, I remember that now.

VikingsTw
10-11-2005, 06:19 AM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

Thats a real post my friends! I like the dude, football mind blah blah blah but if he don't produce, why keep him on the field? Who's gonna listen to him as a mentor if he cant at least lead by example at times on the field.

NeoVikesTX
10-11-2005, 06:25 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Thanks for reminding me:

Ragnar has to go.

So do these guys:
2. Guy who plugs in the little cart that comes out to retrieve injured players...gone.
5. The folks who try and give you a free shirt for filling out a credit card application...gone.

Your right sing...to many threads about who to blame, trade, or fire. You'll notice that some members only feel comfortable only talking about this stuff.

LOL, don't forget about the guy who holds the first down stick. I've been calling for that guys head for years, he sucks!

mnvikes61
10-11-2005, 06:49 PM
keenan howry, definately should be gone next year. he should already be gone this year.

PurplePackerEater
10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Keenan isn't great, but he doesn't screw up and fumble either.

mnvikes61
10-11-2005, 07:14 PM
i would be willing to put money on it, that we will be able to find somebody better than Howry next year. if not, then i'm seriously going to question our ablities to find a good punt returner and kick off returner. we can't get any worse, we are dead last in this department

josdin00
10-11-2005, 07:36 PM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Thanks for reminding me:

Ragnar has to go.

So do these guys:

LOL, don't forget about the guy who holds the first down stick. I've been calling for that guys head for years, he sucks!

I'll tell you one guy that needs to stay: the guy that paints the yellow line on the field. He works his butt off. Every play he has to clean up one paint job, and paint the new line. Whatever they pay him, it's not enough.

Semi-seroiusly though, who here wants the next Bud Light "real men of genius" commercial to be a toast to "Mr. Yellow-First-Down-Line-Graphic-Operator"? I can hear it now.
"Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius." (Lead Singer: "Real men of genius".) "Today, we salute you, Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator." (LS: "Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator".) "With millions of people watching, you not only lay it on the line, you are the line." (LS: "Ohh! The Liii-iiine") "You took a color that once only meant something went wrong, and used it to let people what it takes to make something go oh so right." (Backup Singers: "That's a first down") "So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, because while the teams say they have to control the line of scrimmage, the first down line is all yours. (LS: "Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator....")

Okay. I have too much time on my hands.

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 07:46 PM
If you say Chavous doesn't have a nose for the ball you are off your rocker. Look at his stats, look where he is in terms of tackles on the team. Go back 4 years, have a hay day.

I would get rid of Cottrell. That's the only thing that I could say with 100% confidence it would make the team better.

You saying Withrow isn't strong enough, Chavous this chavous that......that's your opinion, thats great. Logically, statistically you have nothing hard to stand on.

Personally I think talking about people to cut after fucking 4 games is just about as stupid as it gets. I'm guessing the foundation of this all came from advanced knowledge that was come about by playing hours of Madden football.

JDogg926
10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Chavous is consistenly a borderline pro-bowler, which is definitely the type of player I want in my secondary.

modena11
10-11-2005, 08:17 PM
chavous' pro bowl season is definitely in the past. alot of his int's that probowl year either came in garbage time or in teh endzone when he had the backline helping him out.

sure he gets tackles. thats because our run d has been pathetic and hes been the last line of defence. but in all fairness he did have a great year.

im not saying he should go, i've always liked chavous but he's a leader out there. he has to start stepping it up and producing bigger plays. willie offord did more in his time playing this season than chavous has all season. offord, if he can come back to form for next season (if chavous doesnt shape up) offord will/should start.

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 08:22 PM
I'll be bringing the garbage out tomorrow morning. By the time I get back from school it should be gone!

NordicNed
10-11-2005, 08:26 PM
I've always believed,
Corey is a true Guru of the game.......and thats a good thing..

When he's healthy and strong, he is one of the tops at what he does.....

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
I would buy the excuse that a lot of his tackles come 20 yards down the field but it is simply not true. It is very common for him to be at the line making a stop.

That is what cracked me up about this offseason. OH Chavous took time off of VOLUNTARY camp. Offord is better, offord will steal his job? Who started? Who beat who out? Who is on pace to have his fourth 80+ tackle season in a row for the Minnesota Vikings?

I have a special treat for all the Chavous haters that I am working on, a little clip of joy that I have been cutting out from the games. Don't worry I have his bad plays in there too. After this bad boy goes live, if you can honestly still sit there and say the guy can't hit, the guy doesn't have a nose for the ball I can only call you crazy.

I have video of him jumping a run, the RB cutting back around and him making the tackle on the other side of the field. I have some hard hits, some nice defended passes, him breaking down and making a hit before the LB who is standing RIGHT THERE!! It's all there, throw me in some music and I'll be set. I'll leave the Chavous hate conversations until then. People have a nasty habit of not posting anymore though when the shit hits the fan.

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Stupid people getting del rio heated!! You'll pay for that!! lol

arialassault84
10-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I can say that i don't hink We should be quick to let anyone go. All of the players are poorly coached! Just look at Hovan, under great coaching he been playing like a superstar. If we get a staff in here that has great football knowledge then maybe we'll get this thing turned around. We have superior talent on both sides of the ball!

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 10:05 PM
"arialassault84" wrote:

I can say that i don't hink We should be quick to let anyone go. All of the players are poorly coached! Just look at Hovan, under great coaching he been playing like a superstar. If we get a staff in here that has great football knowledge then maybe we'll get this thing turned around. We have superior talent on both sides of the ball!

Hovan, playing like a superstar, are you sure? I think that may be taking it a little extreme, or does he have ungodly stats after five games? I guess I don't know.

cajunvike
10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Thanks for reminding me:

Ragnar has to go.

So do these guys:

I'll tell you one guy that needs to stay: the guy that paints the yellow line on the field. He works his butt off. Every play he has to clean up one paint job, and paint the new line. Whatever they pay him, it's not enough.

Semi-seroiusly though, who here wants the next Bud Light "real men of genius" commercial to be a toast to "Mr. Yellow-First-Down-Line-Graphic-Operator"? I can hear it now.
"Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius." (Lead Singer: "Real men of genius".) "Today, we salute you, Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator." (LS: "Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator".) "With millions of people watching, you not only lay it on the line, you are the line." (LS: "Ohh! The Liii-iiine") "You took a color that once only meant something went wrong, and used it to let people what it takes to make something go oh so right." (Backup Singers: "That's a first down") "So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, because while the teams say they have to control the line of scrimmage, the first down line is all yours. (LS: "Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator....")

Okay. I have too much time on my hands.

You HAD to know it was coming! (Pun intended) :lol:

Too Much Time On My Hands - Styx

Sitting at my 'puter, posting like ol' Cooter
Got the one-and-three Vikes blues
And I've given up hope on the head coaching dope
Where's my bottle of cold brew?
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Well I'm so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all Sunday to do it
I go on the Net , go to purplepride.org and all week to post there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away with my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, the Vikes are such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands, the season's ticking away for me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Tice is no football genius - He can't solve gameday problems
No matter how much he is trying
For all of my Vikes friends, the fun never begins
Cause of this crap we were buying
Is it any wonder I'm not pummeling Tice
(I'm not pummeling Tice)
Is it any wonder he's null and void?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away at my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, the Vikes are such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands, the season's ticking away for me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I've been watching the games when I can. He is having a solid year. I don't know if you would say he is a superstar lol. He is doing a good job which is more then most gave him credit for. A lot of people said he wouldn't make the Bucs team or that he would be out of the NFL.

He is good at what he does. A very good blue collar guy who makes his gap assignments and helps his team be better. I think after the departure of John Randle the expectations were a bit too high. I also think Tice is a moron and that contributed to him pouting and basically getting himself kicked off the team.

He's caused a couple fumbles, made some hits. He's doing ok. You won't see him in the pro-bowl.

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 10:16 PM
josdin that would be a great commercial! I say you send that in to Bud Light! They have made some great ones and I think that would rank right up there. That would be funny as he!!

whackthepack
10-12-2005, 05:11 PM
"arialassault84" wrote:

He is playing better than he did here!!! But I would not say superstar!!

He has 6 solo tackles, 4 assists and 0 sacks.

Just the change of scenery makes a difference in how somebody plays, for good or bad.

whackthepack
10-12-2005, 05:12 PM
"arialassault84" wrote:

Just the change of scenery makes a difference in how somebody plays, for good or bad.

snowinapril
10-12-2005, 05:18 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

He is good at what he does. A very good blue collar guy who makes his gap assignments and helps his team be better. I think after the departure of John Randle the expectations were a bit too high. I also think Tice is a silly guy and that contributed to him pouting and basically getting himself kicked off the team.

Yes, I think this is exactly the kind of leadership Tice has. Tice doesn't bring out the best in people.

whackthepack
10-12-2005, 05:23 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"arialassault84" wrote:

Kevin Williams has not played as well as he did the last few years, but he still has 22 total tackles and 0 sacks (in 1 less game). Compared to Hovans 10 total tackles and 0 sacks.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 05:27 PM
The difference imo is Hovan is a roleplayer. Not a superstar.

People wanted to make him into a superstar and he buckled. Kevin Williams was arguably the best DT in the whole game and now he is ineffective. If players on the defense of the Bus are praising Hovan I am sure it because he deserves it. Not some sinister plot to rub salt into a wound of the Vikings.

He does so many things right that aren't magnified on ESPN, I think he makes the whole line better. He's no match for Kevin Williams, but the things he is doing on his line are far more benificial then the things Williams is doing at the moment of course.

SamDawg84
10-12-2005, 05:36 PM
dump tice, bennett and get rid of maybe irvin

Ltrey33
10-12-2005, 06:36 PM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

Here are some garbage players to get rid of next year:

Sam Cowart- Will be 31, and too slow to play mlb anymore
Ken Irvin- 32, his legs are old and he isnt very physical
Cory Withrow- He's not strong enough to play center
Keenan Howry- Why the hell did we keep him?? He's small and slow, not a very good returner and isnt a threat like Kelly was. Kelly Campbell was 10 times better
Chris Liwenski- We can replace him with someone better

Put your suggestions down for cuts for next year.

I disagree about Chavous and Cowart. I think Chavous is better than a lot of people around here give him credit for.

Hitstick31
10-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Chavous is Horrible, he can't make a one on one tackle, can't cover and shys away from contact. Some people on this site believe the has "great" football knowledge, but that doesnt mean shit, doesnt mean he can play. This guy is pure horseshit, and people with common sense know it. A strong safety has to be an intimidating prescence in the secondary. He needs to know HOW TO HIT. EX( Roy Williams, Kenoy Kennedy, Chris Crocker, Sean Taylor, ETC) I can go on every single team and name a hard hitting strong safety, something that we dont have now since Offord is gone. Secondly, this guy has NO WHEELS WHATSOEVER. He looks pathetic chasing after anyone and couldnt catch Brian Finneran. He numerously got burned by Javon Walker and Bubba Franks last year and couldn't even keep up with Desmond Clark. Thirdly, this guy is getting older and is WASTING SALARY CAP SPACE. We cut him and can draft high for a new safety next year, something we need since Sharper is almost 30 and Irvin is 32. Irvin may not be great, but he sure has more talent than Corey "Toast" Chavous does.

Del, Buddy, I beleive it is you with the lack of common sense, not me that makes it difficult to see who is a good football player and who is not.

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 07:22 PM
now i've seen double posts but triple posts?

DEEP PURPLE
10-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I say we make a trade with the USC Trojans, there offensive 11 for our offensive 11, but we keep Nate to be our 3rd reciever.

Hitstick31
10-12-2005, 07:47 PM
My computer was screwing up.

Hitstick31
10-12-2005, 08:12 PM
"I have video of him jumping a run, the RB cutting back around and him making the tackle on the other side of the field. I have some hard hits, some nice defended passes, him breaking down and making a hit before the LB who is standing RIGHT THERE!! It's all there, throw me in some music and I'll be set. I'll leave the Chavous hate conversations until then. People have a nasty habit of not posting anymore though when the pooh hits the fan." Del Rio

Alright Del, let me see it.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Stick around for the season.

I'll have it for you. Until then keep talking like you know. This is a prime example for the world of a guy who plays too goddamn much madden, who wants to cut good players in search of the next Ronnie Lott.

Sad thing is his stats speak for themselves. Even after the flash file is loaded you will still be talking shit. Why because the premise of your argument is

I don't like his name
He can't hit hard
ANYONE CAN SEE THAT.........

That's about as deep as it goes. Nothing to back it up. NADA.

Webby
10-12-2005, 08:52 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

now i've seen double posts but triple posts?

That's what happens when someone is all roped up who's knowledge of football is as cursory as his computer knowledge. (cut a guy cause you don't like his name? Whoopteedoo!) :smile:

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 09:07 PM
sorry webby i'm confused as to what you mean

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I'll summarize.

You saw a triple post because the guy is as good with computers as he is with football. A good indicator of his standing is he is suggesting we cut someone from the team, one of his justifications for that is because he doesn't like the guys name.

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 09:12 PM
alright thanks Del.
i didn't realize that was one of the reasons why the guy wanted Chavous cut.

Del Rio
10-12-2005, 09:26 PM

He could have just been messing around. Then again it could have just been his opinion.

I have no beef with anyone who doesn't like the guy. But for craps sake the angle of he can't hit, he doesn't have a nose for the ball is so tired and so untrue that it just hurts to discuss.

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 09:32 PM
ah i missed that. if i had read that though i probaly would have just thought he was just messing around. guess i need to read between the lines more carefully, when i get confused.

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 09:35 PM
haha I was confused with that post too. Thanks Del for clarifying.

Hitstick31
10-13-2005, 10:41 PM
You think Corey can hit? You think he can run? BLAH BLAH BLAH, is he like paying for your rent or something so you have to praise him? Come on Buddy, I can watch any Vikings game from this year or since Corey too slow has been on the team and can point out to you NUMEROUS mistakes he made, whether they be lack of talent or that he just plain sucks!! I dont care if he is a student of the game!!! Corey can't make plays. YOu might as well take out strong out of safety because he makes it look like a cowards job!! Im not hating on anyone, but it is what it is. He sucks, so he doesn't deserve to play. BTW, those 21 tackles Buddy were mostly assisted tackles so don't get your hopes up.

V4L
10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Corey Chavous is a solid safety.. I don't get why people don't get that.. Who would we replace him with anyway? Dustin Fox? Chavous is always around the ball.. And is making good tackles for us

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 10:53 PM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

You think Corey can hit? You think he can run? BLAH BLAH BLAH, is he like paying for your rent or something so you have to praise him? Very insightful and loaded with facts. Wonderful addition to your opinion I am sure the boards will eat this up.

Come on Buddy, I can watch any Vikings game from this year or since Corey too slow has been on the team and can point out to you NUMEROUS mistakes he made, whether they be lack of talent or that he just plain sucks!! Again convincing argument so much info that is based on something other then your madden fascination. If you say so must be true.

I dont care if he is a student of the game!!! Corey can't make plays. YOu might as well take out strong out of safety because he makes it look like a cowards job!! Wow just wow, again wonderful appreciate the insight.

Im not hating on anyone, but it is what it is. He sucks, so he doesn't deserve to play. BTW, those 21 tackles Buddy were mostly assisted tackles so don't get your hopes up. Jesus.......please keep posting.

Oh he makes mistakes, all football players do.

I find this to be pretty damn funny. That I bring up his tackles and the retort is that he is tackling people from behind like 20 yards down the field. Well that would suggest a solo tackle wouldn't it?

You want your saftey to have assisted tackles lol. You want your line backers to have assisted tackles.

cc21
10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I would buy the excuse that a lot of his tackles come 20 yards down the field but it is simply not true. It is very common for him to be at the line making a stop.

That is what cracked me up about this offseason. OH Chavous took time off of VOLUNTARY camp. Offord is better, offord will steal his job? Who started? Who beat who out? Who is on pace to have his fourth 80+ tackle season in a row for the Minnesota Vikings?

I have a special treat for all the Chavous haters that I am working on, a little clip of joy that I have been cutting out from the games. Don't worry I have his bad plays in there too. After this bad boy goes live, if you can honestly still sit there and say the guy can't hit, the guy doesn't have a nose for the ball I can only call you crazy.

I have video of him jumping a run, the RB cutting back around and him making the tackle on the other side of the field. I have some hard hits, some nice defended passes, him breaking down and making a hit before the LB who is standing RIGHT THERE!! It's all there, throw me in some music and I'll be set. I'll leave the Chavous hate conversations until then. People have a nasty habit of not posting anymore though when the pooh hits the fan.Are you seriously going to make that Del? That would be awsome.

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 11:07 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I have video of him jumping a run, the RB cutting back around and him making the tackle on the other side of the field. I have some hard hits, some nice defended passes, him breaking down and making a hit before the LB who is standing RIGHT THERE!! It's all there, throw me in some music and I'll be set. I'll leave the Chavous hate conversations until then. People have a nasty habit of not posting anymore though when the pooh hits the fan.Are you seriously going to make that Del? That would be awsome.

I am man, I have all the games broken down on my HD. I have already done game 1 and 2 and cut Chavous out every single play he is in. The good and the bad. I'm going to add some music, some captions and host that bad boy, or give it to webby to host. I need more games though I want to do the entire season. I am doing the same thing with the defensive line right now too.

Top_Speed
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Thanks for reminding me:

Ragnar has to go.

So do these guys:

Your Number 1 is my #1 also! We have the worst looking paint job and field looking asthetics period. But I guess we always have thinking back to how bad the turf looked when the dome first opened.

Turf care crew.... GONE!

Lotza
10-13-2005, 11:47 PM
get that lame V of the field and bring back the block VIKINGS letters. the center of the field belongs to the norsemen head

cc21
10-14-2005, 02:37 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I am man, I have all the games broken down on my HD. I have already done game 1 and 2 and cut Chavous out every single play he is in. The good and the bad. I'm going to add some music, some captions and host that bad boy, or give it to webby to host. I need more games though I want to do the entire season. I am doing the same thing with the defensive line right now too.Holy crap Del, that is going to be so cool. :grin: I am defenantly going to have to get that from you.

Mr. Purple
10-14-2005, 02:48 AM
I dont think chavous is the best...but i dont think hes trash. If we can pick someone up next year better then ok thats fine. But if we dont, im fine, I like him. I think he is a solid saftey.

midgensa
10-14-2005, 03:55 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

He could have just been messing around. Then again it could have just been his opinion.

I have no beef with anyone who doesn't like the guy. But for craps sake the angle of he can't hit, he doesn't have a nose for the ball is so tired and so untrue that it just hurts to discuss.

Amen to that.
I am so sick of people saying this when he clearly gets a decent amount of tackles and gets involved in a lot of plays. If you want to say he cant cover, that is fine, though I think that is untrue too considering most he has to cover is normally a slot or TE. I thin Chavous is fine and the people who complain back it up with very little.