PDA

View Full Version : nate

Lotza
10-09-2005, 05:26 PM
has anyone heard anything new on nate's health?

V4L
10-09-2005, 05:45 PM
I haven't really heard much but he is supposed to play next week thank god

Lotza
10-09-2005, 05:51 PM
yes! we need him to contribute!

snowinapril
10-09-2005, 05:55 PM
I think timing was an issue before he injury, and since he hasn't been practicing much, I think it will still be an issue. If he comes back, I would work him in. Let's see how he does in practice this week.

Sooner he gets back and on the same page as DC the better.

V4L
10-09-2005, 05:57 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I think timing was an issue before he injury, and since he hasn't been practicing much, I think it will still be an issue. If he comes back, I would work him in. Let's see how he does in practice this week.

I agree.. I hate rushing people back onto the field.. Just leads to worse things alot of the time.. Let him get ready.. Williamson should be our 2nd WR!

snowinapril
10-09-2005, 06:02 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I agree.. I hate rushing people back onto the field.. Just leads to worse things alot of the time.. Let him get ready.. Williamson should be our 2nd WR!

True, we got tons of WRs, there is no reason to have to rush Nate.

TT, T-Will, K-Rob and M-Rob

I don't think Rhome will be calling 5 WR sets just yet.

snowinapril
10-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I would step up M-Robs role this week, he usually does well when motivated. He might have reason to play well against the Bears.

Lotza
10-09-2005, 06:06 PM
man, i realize we have great recievers. just a terrible ol. and oc. thats a shame.

Mr. Purple
10-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Im worried about our defense gettin healthy as well. I hope D-sharp, and B-Will get back into the lineup against chicago....

thepacksux
10-09-2005, 06:58 PM
sharper already said he will play and b-will said he is not sure, he has yet to test his knee. He did play with a knee sprain last year in the opener when irvin went down though. chicago is definitely one game where we can get by without our best nickel back

Lotza
10-09-2005, 07:28 PM
i am glad that sharper is playing.

ultravikingfan
10-09-2005, 07:31 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

i am glad that sharper is playing.

I hope it will last more than 1 game though.

mnvikes61
10-09-2005, 08:27 PM
did anybody else hear the rumor that Sharper was one of the three players that said they felt like Tice had quit on them? i really hope it wasn't him, and if he wants to tell off any coach he should tell off Cotrell. Tice has nothing to do with the Defense.

WBLVikeBabe
10-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I've heard Nate will be back for Chicago, I hope that's true.

Lotza
10-09-2005, 10:59 PM
yup burleson will be ready for chicago

Hitstick31
10-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah man our Wr's HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

MROB- great leaper, physical and above average speed for a wr
T Taylor- Great route runner, great hands, above average speed
NB- Great leaper, route runner, hands, great yac, about 4.5(average wr speed)
T WILL- World Class speed, good hands, great control, good leaper
K Rob- Great speed, strong, ok hands, good route runner, overall the most talented wr on our team. Had comparsions to Randy Moss coming out of NC State.
K Howry- IDK??? WE DEFINITELY SHOULDA KEPT KELLY!!!

mnvikes61
10-10-2005, 02:34 AM
yah i think WR is definately our deepest and most talented group.
i completely forgot about Howry, i don't know how i could have done that :lol:

Lotza
10-10-2005, 02:37 AM
howry is a joke. one big roster space taking up, bad punt returning, joke.

WBLVikeBabe
10-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Burleson's a receiver on my fantasy team and I was expecting more out of him thus far. Hopefully when he comes back he will come out strong and make some nice catches. I still haven't seen the stiff arm this season.

umaguma1979
10-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Run and Shoot ......baybe.....The Vikes got all the receivers to play that way....why not?

mnvikes61
10-10-2005, 07:44 AM
i think because of our troubles with our o-line that the whole run and shoot offense might be a struggle for us. also i don't think any our coaches or players have any experience with it so we'd have to struggle through the learning curve.

akvikefan89
10-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Nobody is beating on Troy anymore :grin:

He is gonna be scary next year....

mnvikes61
10-10-2005, 08:06 AM
yah i was kinda suprised at the number of people who were still saying we should have got DJ over Williamson. if you find one the threads i kinda rant about it. :lol:

ultravikingfan
10-10-2005, 07:16 PM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

Run and Shoot ......baybe.....The Vikes got all the receivers to play that way....why not?

But do we have the QB to do that?

We have not had that QB yet.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Back to the topic, this is out of the Tribune:

Shoulder injury nags at Burleson, Tice says
Associated Press
October 11, 2005 VIKE1011.BURLESON
Wide receiver Nate Burleson missed the previous two games with a sprained knee, but coach Mike Tice said Monday it is a shoulder injury holding back the team's No. 1 receiver now.

"The shoulder's bugging him more than the knee,' Tice said. "If we can get the shoulder to make strides this week, he should be questionable.'

Tice said Burleson injured his knee, ribs and shoulder against Cincinnati in Week 2.

Minnesota is at Chicago on Sunday. Tice expects DE Lance Johnstone (pectoral muscle), safety Darren Sharper (knee) and RB Moe Williams (knee) should be ready for the Bears.

QB Daunte Culpepper has been playing with a sprained MCL and bursitis in his right knee. He practiced lightly on Monday and looked playful and unhindered by the pain.

Lotza
10-11-2005, 03:32 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Back to the topic, this is out of the Tribune

Associated Press
Wide receiver Nate Burleson missed the previous two games with a sprained knee, but coach Mike Tice said Monday it is a shoulder injury holding back the team's No. 1 receiver now.

"The shoulder's bugging him more than the knee,' Tice said. "If we can get the shoulder to make strides this week, he should be questionable.'

Tice said Burleson injured his knee, ribs and shoulder against Cincinnati in Week 2.

Minnesota is at Chicago on Sunday. Tice expects DE Lance Johnstone (pectoral muscle), safety Darren Sharper (knee) and RB Moe Williams (knee) should be ready for the Bears.

QB Daunte Culpepper has been playing with a sprained MCL and bursitis in his right knee. He practiced lightly on Monday and looked playful and unhindered by the pain.crap! we need burley!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-11-2005, 03:48 AM
"Hitstick31" wrote:

Yeah man our Wr's HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

MROB- great leaper, physical and above average speed for a wr
T Taylor- Great route runner, great hands, above average speed
NB- Great leaper, route runner, hands, great yac, about 4.5(average wr speed)
T WILL- World Class speed, good hands, great control, good leaper
K Rob- Great speed, strong, ok hands, good route runner, overall the most talented wr on our team. Had comparsions to Randy Moss coming out of NC State.
K Howry- IDK??? WE DEFINITELY SHOULDA KEPT KELLY!!!

:wav:

viks_fan21
10-11-2005, 03:51 AM
PPE, you are a die hard.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-11-2005, 04:01 AM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

PPE, you are a die hard.

Yes, I am. I am actually more of a vikings fan then an NC State fan though. You should see me during basketball season when we are actually good! :banana:

WBLVikeBabe
10-11-2005, 07:59 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Associated Press

QB Daunte Culpepper has been playing with a sprained MCL and bursitis in his right knee. He practiced lightly on Monday and looked playful and unhindered by the pain.crap! we need burley!

Yea crap is right, I think I was expecting more out of him so far. But hopefully he'll be back soon.

singersp
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Nope. It sounds like he'll miss the Chicago game as well;

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
October 11, 2005 VIKE1011.NOTES

Unless his health improves considerably this week, Vikings receiver Nate Burleson is expected to miss his third consecutive game Sunday in Chicago.

Burleson sprained the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati, but he is now bothered by a previously undisclosed injury to his right shoulder. While the knee has improved steadily, the shoulder has "plateaued," coach Mike Tice said.

"The shoulder is what's holding him back right now and not the knee," Tice said.

Burleson said he has separated both shoulders during his football career and described the current condition of his right shoulder as "just a little bit of congestion in there."

He has been taking part in light football drills but is not scheduled to resume practicing this week. That could change, but Burleson does not see the wisdom in rushing his return.

"I definitely want to be out there," he said. "I want to play. But I've also got to be smart. We'll see how it goes."

Culpepper rests

Quarterback Daunte Culpepper, safety Darren Sharper and defensive end Lance Johnstone all participated in part of Monday's practice, the Vikings' first after having their bye.

Culpepper, who sat out a workout Thursday to rest the sprained medial collateral ligament and bursitis in his right knee, received a cortisone shot in the area last week. He practiced for about an hour Monday and said he hopes to make it through the Vikings' entire practice Wednesday.

Johnstone (shoulder) and Sharper (knee) both said they would be ready to play Sunday. Cornerback Brian Williams (knee) and defensive end Spencer Johnson (knee) did not practice and are unlikely to play Sunday. Running back Moe Williams will test his injured knee later this week

Lotza
10-11-2005, 02:23 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Associated Press

Yea crap is right, I think I was expecting more out of him so far. But hopefully he'll be back soon. yeah i know just give me one instance where crap is not right... you can't can't you!! OOOOH!!!

mnvikes61
10-11-2005, 08:12 PM
i'm not glad that he's not going to be playing. i am glad however that we're not trying to bring him back before he is completely healed. we could make a big mistake by bringing him back too early and he could miss the rest of the season. even though we are in trouble, we still have enough weapons at the WR position that we should be able to still win the game without Burleson

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 09:28 PM
When was the last season we stayed virtually healthy, our whole team that is. I don't mean bumps and bruises here and there, but when was the last time no key player on o or d got hurt for significant time. I know it's the nature of the game and I'm not making excuses but geeeez somebody is always hurt for us!

Eyedea
10-11-2005, 09:46 PM
some random thoughts--

to whoever rated our recievers-
very positive, didn't really talk about the bad so i will,
MRob- not the best route runner, only really good at running right down the field and fades in the endzone. A good number 4 reciever

taylor- not the best speed or size, but good route running and hands. wouldve been a good number 2 with moss, taking advantage of the underneath passes, but without moss his production declines

burlison- no real deep threat with little speed and on the small side, but like taylor has good hands and is very good after the catch. Not really a number one type reciever

KRob- does have the talent, but has been a bust thus far. partly due to off field problems though. has had a problem with dropping the ball. also, guys like couch and leaf were compared to be the next great qbs, and they obviously didnt pan out.

howry- like many have been saying, why him and not k cam?

I also have burlison on my FF team, and have started the year 1-4, due to poor WR play and losing two games by under 5 points

we need lwinski. We need as many lineman as we need

lets not cut chavious until we have someone better to start

Lotza
10-11-2005, 10:25 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

some random thoughts--

to whoever rated our recievers-
very positive, didn't really talk about the bad so i will,
MRob- not the best route runner, only really good at running right down the field and fades in the endzone. A good number 4 reciever

taylor- not the best speed or size, but good route running and hands. wouldve been a good number 2 with moss, taking advantage of the underneath passes, but without moss his production declines

burlison- no real deep threat with little speed and on the small side, but like taylor has good hands and is very good after the catch. Not really a number one type reciever

KRob- does have the talent, but has been a bust thus far. partly due to off field problems though. has had a problem with dropping the ball. also, guys like couch and leaf were compared to be the next great qbs, and they obviously didnt pan out.

howry- like many have been saying, why him and not k cam?

I also have burlison on my FF team, and have started the year 1-4, due to poor WR play and losing two games by under 5 points

we need lwinski. We need as many lineman as we need

lets not cut chavious until we have someone better to startyou mean burleson?

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 12:25 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Nope. It sounds like he'll miss the Chicago game as well;

Well that sucks big time!! :sad:

V4L
10-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Atleast Williamson is still getting some playing time.. Nate should take his time.. Don't wanna risk him for the season

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Yes that is true. It's just sad to see my favorite player and one of my fantasy receivers not healthy. But I agree with you Vikez, Troy Williamson I think will do some great things for us this season.

singersp
10-12-2005, 01:25 AM
I think there making the right decision with Burleson. Don't rush him back. I'd rather see him back in for the Carolina or GB game. We can get by without him against the Bears. Besides if history has taught us anything, a lot of times when a starter goes out & he is replaced with a rookie or 2nd stringer, they light up the field & become big playmakers. They just need their shot to prove themselves.

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Yea I'd rather see him not play against the Bears than see him play and risk getting even more injured than he already is.

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 01:36 AM
"singersp" wrote:

I think there making the right decision with Burleson. Don't rush him back. I'd rather see him back in for the Carolina or GB game. We can get by without him against the Bears. Besides if history has taught us anything, a lot of times when a starter goes out & he is replaced with a rookie or 2nd stringer, they light up the field & become big playmakers. They just need there shot to prove themselves.
yah i was saying the same thing earlier Singer!

midgensa
10-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Yes I would really like to get N8 back at full strength. I hope they don't rush him back ... it is difficult with No. 1 receivers though. We tried to rush Randy back last year, you see the Saints pushing for Horn to get back quickly, I think that leg injuries on WR's are brutal and they need to make sure they are ready before they come back.
Now onto the shoulder injury ...

Lotza
10-12-2005, 01:58 AM
yeah the shoulder should not take as long to heal

.... hopefully!

2beersTommy
10-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Hey, doesnt Nate come back this week ?...WTF where has he been so far ?, Rumor has it, he saw more balls on that charter boat, than he's seen all season long !

PurplePeopleEaters
10-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Where has he been? he was injured....

2beersTommy
10-13-2005, 02:21 AM
before that ?..n/m

ultravikingfan
10-13-2005, 02:24 AM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

Hey, doesnt Nate come back this week ?...WTF where has he been so far ?, Rumor has it, he saw more balls on that charter boat, than he's seen all season long !

:shock:

DaunteHOF
10-13-2005, 02:36 AM
I heard he wont play this week ESPNews...

singersp
10-13-2005, 03:46 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

I heard he wont play this week ESPNews...

2beersTommy wrote:

People, people people! If only you read the threads before you ask. The answer is probably not. I posted the article on pg 3 of this thread a few days ago.

6-KINGS
10-13-2005, 03:49 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

FRANKS AND BEANS!!!!

2beersTommy
10-13-2005, 05:29 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

FRANKS AND BEANS!!!!

hope Nate wasnt on that charter..maybe he should change his name to "Buster Hyman"

tiersius
10-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Sounds like he was running well at practice on Wed. , but thats about it.

Maybe next week?

2beersTommy
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
"tiersius" wrote:

Sounds like he was running well at practice on Wed. , but thats about it.

Maybe next week?

hmmm..Tice said it was his shoulders keeping him out...wondered if that happened on Monday..lmao

snowinapril
10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I thought that I heard this yesterday but it was hard to find it with all the boating activity reporting and not talking about the game this week.

Vikings | Burleson Out for Week 6
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:39:34 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Nate Burleson (knee) is out for Week 6 with a sprained PCL in his left knee. Burleson was optimistic before the Bye Week that he would be available for Week 6, but the team has ruled him out.

Del Rio
10-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah and Udeze is gone for the season. :sad:

mnvikes61
10-20-2005, 07:55 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIN/8983717

looks like Burleson, Williams and Spencer Johnson will be back this week against the packers. that's some good news

WBLVikeBabe
10-20-2005, 08:08 AM
That is some very good news!!!!

Vikes
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Awsome news on some players returning. We should WIN this game if not we really are done for the season.

singersp
10-21-2005, 03:35 AM
From the Mercury News

Burleson expected to return to struggling Vikings offense

Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - The Minnesota Vikings are hoping the return of wide receiver Nate Burleson can provide a boost after a poor start and off-the-field distractions.

Burleson has been out of the lineup since spraining the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee against Cincinnati on Sept. 18. He returned to full practice Wednesday and said afterward his knee was feeling fine.

Barring any setback, Burleson will be in uniform Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

"Nate's a playmaker," quarterback Daunte Culpepper said. "Having him back will definitely lift the team offensively. He is the type of guy that can give you those two or three big plays a game, and that might be what we need right now."

Burleson's return should help Culpepper, as the quarterback will now have one of his favorite targets from a year ago.

"The chemistry that me and Daunte built up my first couple of years in the league will definitely help," Burleson said. "But I bring a little bit more than just a few plays a game to the table. I kind of get guys going and ease the tension a bit so the guys can relax and have fun."

Nothing about Minnesota's passing game has been reason to smile this season, as Culpepper has thrown just four touchdown passes - three in one game - and 12 interceptions.

Burleson's absence has been one of many factors contributing to Culpepper's woes.

"(We have) two new linemen and the first and second receivers from last year weren't on the field," head coach Mike Tice said. "Those are key, important factors to note. That and there was a change in leadership in the offense, coordinator-wise."

Burleson said on Wednesday that it's been tough watching his team struggle.

"The only frustrating thing is to have a record of 1-4 and thinking I can help contribute," Burleson said. "Being injured, sitting on the sidelines you get a chance to see everything for what it is, get a little bit hungrier than you were before. I'm glad I'll have a chance to go out there and make plays against Green Bay."

The receiving core is happy to have Burleson back, but hopes he is healthy and not rushing things because of the team's record.

"I hope he's 100 percent because I don't want him to go out there and hurt himself," said wide receiver Marcus Robinson. "He's young right now. He's got to come out and play to the best of his ability. But he's a receiver, his legs are all he has right now."

Linebacker Dontarrious Thomas injured his shoulder during practice on Wednesday and spent the night at Winter Park receiving treatment every two hours. Thomas was told the injury was just a bruise, but he was held out of practice Thursday. Pat Williams, who traveled home to Louisiana on Thursday to be with his critically ill father also missed practice.

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Man it will be huge to have him back this Sunday!! The dome better erupt when they call his name!! (if they call our O)

FuadFan
10-21-2005, 03:44 AM
The return of the Nate should help for Culpepper and he was a packer slayer last year in the regular season.

VKG4LFE
10-21-2005, 03:46 AM
And he had that great TD catch in the playoff game too on that slant!