PDA

View Full Version : I could out run Corey Chavous!!

CanadaViking
10-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I sat at the couch watching my TV last night and on the NFL Network they were yapping about how great Atlantas running game is, and yes they ran all over the Vikes. But on the particular replay they showed they had Dunn and Vick split right and left respevtively, well Vick took the snap and kept it, rolling out to the left. The whole line went right buying the fake to Dunn and of course Vick went for a jog, literally he went for a jog, he was going maybe 3/4 full speed and Chavous being the safety covering that side was running as fast he could (he was moving so fast it looked like he was going to trip, you know, like when you run down a hill). I do NOT expect anyone on our defense to catch Vick in full stride, but the struggle in Chavous' face was sad, great football mind but he can't even run and he is a fricken safety.

Sorry to the Chavous supporters, but if you remember the play, you'll know what I am talking about. And I also just remembered T-Bays first drive in the season opener, Cadillac just rocked Chavous. I do not know where I am exactly going with this topic, I just know that particular play stood out to me! I guess there is a reason we didn't help him out contractually.

Cheers!!

V4L
10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
He's good.. I think he leads our team in tackles doesn't he? If not he is close.. All around good player.. Most of our players it seems like they play well 9 outta 10 plays.. And with CC's play he just looks horrible..

CanadaViking
10-07-2005, 03:45 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

He's good.. I think he leads our team in tackles doesn't he? If not he is close.. All around good player.. Most of our players it seems like they play well 9 outta 10 plays.. And with CC's play he just looks horrible..

Shouldn't a safety have a lot of tackles? I don't care if he leads the team in tackles, did you see the play I am talking about? If you did see the play you would know what I mean, he looked like fat kid chasing a sprinter!

Cheers!

V4L
10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Nah a safety should'nt have all that many tackles.. You would think a LB would lead the team.. He's just always around the ball..But yah I saw the play..

jackyl
10-07-2005, 04:13 PM
A safety should lead the team in tackles if the guys in front of him aren't doing their job.

V4L
10-07-2005, 04:46 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

A safety should lead the team in tackles if the guys in front of him aren't doing their job.

Exactly..

I saw ya changed ur favorite player from the bus to chad.. CJ is sweet I love his CB checklist :lol:

michaelmazid
10-07-2005, 05:54 PM
dont forget he was running after Michael Vick which might be one of the quickest runners in the league that can cut on a dime. Any othe QB and they would have caught.

WinonaVike
10-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I like corey, he has caught a lot of flack but i think he is a very solid safety. I want someone to name one safety who could run with Vick, cuz i sure cant, I cant think of many for that matter that can run with Dunn.
Anyways should have a peacefull weekend, we cant lose!!!...lol. anyways im feeling good about a strong performance after the bye...skol vikes

VKG4LFE
10-07-2005, 07:55 PM
"CanadaViking" wrote:

I sat at the couch watching my TV last night and on the NFL Network they were yapping about how great Atlantas running game is, and yes they ran all over the Vikes. But on the particular replay they showed they had Dunn and Vick split right and left respevtively, well Vick took the snap and kept it, rolling out to the left. The whole line went right buying the fake to Dunn and of course Vick went for a jog, literally he went for a jog, he was going maybe 3/4 full speed and Chavous being the safety covering that side was running as fast he could (he was moving so fast it looked like he was going to trip, you know, like when you run down a hill). I do NOT expect anyone on our defense to catch Vick in full stride, but the struggle in Chavous' face was sad, great football mind but he can't even run and he is a fricken safety.

Sorry to the Chavous supporters, but if you remember the play, you'll know what I am talking about. And I also just remembered T-Bays first drive in the season opener, Cadillac just rocked Chavous. I do not know where I am exactly going with this topic, I just know that particular play stood out to me! I guess there is a reason we didn't help him out contractually.

Cheers!!

I would like to see you outrun chavous.

CanadaViking
10-07-2005, 09:10 PM
It isn't indicated in any of my info, but I am Ben Johnson, yes the Ben Johnson that gave Carl Lewis a gold in 1988, because of some weird thing like horse steroids ar something. No one told me I couldn't!! LOL

Cheers!

VKG4LFE
10-07-2005, 09:14 PM
LOL

Hitstick31
10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Chavous is HORRIBLE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

This guy is slow and unphysical.

Talk about a SS being an intimidator, he is the biggest sissy i have ever seen at Strong safety. I really hope we get rid of this guy. HE is almost 30 and VERY SLOW VERY VERY SLOW!! Mike Vick was jogging and Chavous still couldn't catch him. He is so slow that he couldn't run with Brian Finneran, a big possesion receiver with BELOW AVERAGE SPEED for a wide receiver. I seriously hope he leaves, becauase we need a talent influx at SS with Offord out. Sure he's smart, but what does that help if you can't bring it to the field?

Hitstick31
10-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Same with Sam Cowart, the guy reminds me of Greg Biekert. Get IN EJ, NAPO and DT and we will have ONE HELL OF AN ATHLETIC LB CORP.

VikingsExpress
10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
It's hard to dog CC when it comes to keeping up with Vick. His awareness is good, and thats what i like about a safety. On the other hand, brian williams and ken irvin, they are friggin terrible. Too much watching the ball and not the player. For williams its blown coverage, for irvin, its missed tackles. I can't believe they still have these guys. Thats just my oppinion though. Chavous is solid though. The CBs are they guys that really need the speed. Safeties are mainly coverage guys, CBs are the guys who have to play more man to man. So, in theory, if the cornerback can slow him down just a little, the safety shouldn't have any problem making the tackle. Chavous can do this. However, by the time Williams picks up where the ball is its either too late or he takes such a terrible pursuit angle he gets blown by. As for Irvin, he might be able to see the ball a little better and have a much better pursuit angle, but he would get shrugged off like he wasn't even there and completely miss the tackle. So we better just stick with CC for now.

SWAYZE74
10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
i dont know many guys in the NFL that can keep up with vick...not even...ahhh whos that dude....#84 something or other...

ultravikingfan
10-07-2005, 10:17 PM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

i dont know many guys in the NFL that can keep up with vick...not even...ahhh whos that dude....#84 something or other...

Brian Russell can.

snowinapril
10-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Who is getting paid (Corey) to play and who isn't (you and me)?

I do remember that play, and Vick looks effortless on every play. It may not have looked fast but it definitely wasn't slow.

Caine
10-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Ahhh, yes. But, did anyone see the blatant HOLD that Atlanta got away with against pressure from the left side that sprung Vick of the second long run of his?

I did.

Caine

Purplefeet
10-08-2005, 07:46 AM
No one runs with Vick...watch him. He is on cruise control while others are flat out then he hits the jets and bye bye. Watch he highlights, LB and DB are always taking normal pursuit angles on him and yet he runs by those points where contact "should" have been made by one or two yards.

CC I think is a hitter but not a dominant physical force players fear across the middle. He'll get his hits but you won't see receivers pulling up on route because them fear his hits. As far a pass coverage I think he is adequate at best though.

EDIT: But really....have you ever really been next to elite atheletes at this level? The difference between great and cut at this level is not that big, another words.....they are amazing.

DeathtoDenny
10-08-2005, 09:20 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Ahhh, yes. But, did anyone see the blatant HOLD that Atlanta got away with against pressure from the left side that sprung Vick of the second long run of his?

I did.

Caine

that's because no matter how bad the Vikings are, refs have to do their part to fix games.