PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about...

KY Vike
10-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Our Schedule.

Past 4 Games Schedule: 23.5% Ranked 2nd

Remaining Schedule: -6.9% Ranked 27th

That means that our schedule was the 2nd hardest so far, based more than on win totals. and right now the rest of our schedule is the 27th hardest. Something that should make you feel a little better.

Check the site out on what the rankings are based upon:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff.php

Grassdog61
10-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Unfortunately, part of the reason for the high league ranking of the opponents we've played so far is that we helped allowed them to rack up huge amounts of yardage and points as well as contribute to their turnover ratios. I hope our future opponents don't see their rankings elevate after they play us.

However, I do appreciate your effort to make us all feel better about the future. Maybe you're onto something.

WBLVikeBabe
10-06-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the stats KY!

vikinggreg
10-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Here’s something to think about

Tice says he wants our defense to rate the offense and vice versa

Cottrell comes back and says these guys are great I don’t know how to stop them

Loney can’t decide the best way to attack this defense

Zygi brings in consultants

michaelmazid
10-06-2005, 08:13 AM
I feel a little better. :???:

VKG4LFE
10-06-2005, 04:00 PM
I'll be happy if we beat the bears!

kyvikesfan
10-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Hey KYVike, where do you watch the games in Lexington. I live in Lexington too and need to watch with more Vike fans.

Storm
10-06-2005, 04:32 PM
That actually gave me some hope, nice post KY. If we could actually win one on the road... sigh...

VKG4LFE
10-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Winning on the road will start in chitown!

PurplePackerEater
10-06-2005, 05:37 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

LMAO! Is there any truth to it? :grin:

Ltrey33
10-06-2005, 06:03 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

LMAO! Is there any truth to it? :grin:

Oh man, that's pretty funny. Sadly, it's probably true...

vikinggreg
10-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Well some truth to it

Tice's comment about defense and offense grading each other is off the NFL Vikings cam on the NFL site

Vikings are bring in consultants

middle part is sarcastic fan ramblings :roll:

likely truer than we all think :sad:

pigskinronin
10-06-2005, 07:54 PM
During training camp I thought our offense would be smoking because they were practicing against a top tier defense --- Culpepper and company would be ready for the regular season because they were pushed hard in practice. My standard for a top tier defense was a little bit off --- it is too early.

The idea is if you play/practice consistently against someone better than you, you should rise to the level of play and be better.

Well, that's what logic would lead us to, but it didn't happen with our defense the last 4-5 seasons :???:

SWAYZE74
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
lets hope the vikes just focus on beating the bears and boosting us in the sad,sad nfc north...

imo...this can be done by doubling Mushin (spelling) and smashing orten all day long...for a loss against the bears after 2 weeks of game planning would be un-bear-able...lol...

gregair13
10-06-2005, 09:44 PM
we just need to take the rest of it one game at a time. next up is the bears. we need to think about nothing but beating them. if we look ahead, the lost focus on the now will be the death of us.

KY Vike
10-07-2005, 12:15 AM
kyvikesfan, about 50% of the vikes games are shown here in lexington, and i get the other 50% from local fox and cbs channels across the country on my satellite. You could always go to buffalo wild wings or another sports bar to watch the games as well.

btw where do you live in lexington?

kyvikesfan
10-07-2005, 06:54 PM
"KY Vike" wrote:

kyvikesfan, about 50% of the vikes games are shown here in lexington, and i get the other 50% from local fox and cbs channels across the country on my satellite. You could always go to buffalo wild wings or another sports bar to watch the games as well.

btw where do you live in lexington?

I just thought since the Vikes have looked so bad that we may not get too many more games on national TV. I went to the game in Cincy and hae seen all of the others except the Saints game. I have been to some sports bars just not many Viking fans, have been to Malibu Pub and there are some pitiful packer fans in there and they make me sick, just thought it would be nice to see more Viking fans.

I live on the southside in the Boston Road/Millpond area. What about you?

KY Vike
10-08-2005, 12:52 AM
yeah i was thinking that we might miss out on some games this year because of no randy and we are sucking right now. glad i hav ethis satellite thing set up.

and i live in andover near hamburg.

Lotza
10-08-2005, 01:02 AM
nice find ky