PDA

View Full Version : We are in the same boat

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Well, after 4 weeks, the Vikings and Packers seem to be in the same boat. The Pack is 0-4 (the last 3 losses being 2 points, 1 point, and 3 points respectively). The Vikes are 1-3 (a few bad losses). But I still don't see the Bears or Lions stepping it up a notch. I feel like the Pack or Vikes will win this division, as this could end up being the worst division in NFL history. Being a Packer fan, of course I'm going to root for my team to take it, but it's really anybodies guess. Can the Vikes bounce back to take control of the division? Can the Packers finally get over that hump and win a close game? The first Vikes-Pack game will say alot as to who will win the division IMO. Keep your heads up, as it can't get any worse. And remember, the Packers are in the same boat. :razz:

whiteboy
10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
i hate to break it to ya, but we aren't in the same boat, we have one win, you all are all by yourselves in the basement. you all put up a good fight last night and played with a lot of heart, but unfortunately that doesn't make up for your lack of talent. our qb maybe sucking, but yours will get tired of losing and either be traded or will retire. gb will be contenders again in about 4-5 yrs. by the way, my thought and prayers are with your rookie murphy, i hope he gets well and does big things in the nfl.

one more thing, i appreciate you not coming over here and talkin crap. i had to give you some sine your a greenbay fan :smile:

PurplePeopleEaters
10-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Not really whiteboy. We have been destroyed in 3 games. they have lost very close games. I see us as a about equal. they lost close games to bad teams. We lost blowouts to good teams... That makes us both bad in my book..

michaelmazid
10-04-2005, 09:02 PM
"PackerPride" wrote:

Well, after 4 weeks, the Vikings and Packers seem to be in the same boat. The Pack is 0-4 (the last 3 losses being 2 points, 1 point, and 3 points respectively). The Vikes are 1-3 (a few bad losses). But I still don't see the Bears or Lions stepping it up a notch. I feel like the Pack or Vikes will win this division, as this could end up being the worst division in NFL history. Being a Packer fan, of course I'm going to root for my team to take it, but it's really anybodies guess. Can the Vikes bounce back to take control of the division? Can the Packers finally get over that hump and win a close game? The first Vikes-Pack game will say alot as to who will win the division IMO. Keep your heads up, as it can't get any worse. And remember, the Packers are in the same boat. :razz:

DUDE, ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK OR WHAT?
YOUR TEAM HAS NO CHANCE OF WINNING THE DIVISION AND THEY ARE BY FAR THE WORST TEAM IN THE DIVISION. I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE VIKES WILL WIN THE DIVISION BUT I AM SAYING THAT YOU GUYS ARE GONNA FINISH LAST THIS YEAR AND YOU ARE GONNA GO 4-12. MARK MY WORD.

WBLVikeBabe
10-04-2005, 09:06 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"PackerPride" wrote:

YOUR TEAM HAS NO CHANCE OF WINNING THE DIVISION AND THEY ARE BY FAR THE WORST TEAM IN THE DIVISION. I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE VIKES WILL WIN THE DIVISION BUT I AM SAYING THAT YOU GUYS ARE GONNA FINISH LAST THIS YEAR AND YOU ARE GONNA GO 4-12. MARK MY WORD.

haha tell us how you really feel Mazid!

VKG4LFE
10-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, I think we are in the same boat and at the same time we are not. We have been beaten badly by two really good teams and we didn't lose our 3rd game that badly (Bucs game). The packers on the other hand have lost close games to bad teams. The lions, browns and I can't remember the other team. Carolina is the only decent team that they lost a close game to, but they handed them the whole second half and said try to catch us and the pack dang near did. We are in the same boat because the division is so horrible and it still really is up for grabs.

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Actually, I will mark your words...and bring back this post regardless of what happens at the end of the season. For one, your Vikes are nothing to be proud of (as of yet) and the Packers won't finish last in the division, if for no other reason then Brett Favre. Do you REALLY think the Lions, Bears, and Vikings are THAT good to beable to predict a last place finish for the Packers in this crappy division, and only 4 games into the season? I came here to talk intelligent football, as I have seen it on this board before. I didn't come here to listen to people like you that make "just plain stupid" predictions like the Packers going 0-16 or the Vikes going 13-3. 'Nuff said.

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 09:21 PM
The Packers lost to the Browns by 2 points, the Bucs by 1 point, and Panthers by 3 points.

snowinapril
10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Not really whiteboy. We have been destroyed in 3 games. they have lost very close games. I see us as a about equal. they lost close games to bad teams. We lost blowouts to good teams... That makes us both bad in my book..

The get to play our only win this week, the Saints. If they win, we are in the same boat, if not, they are 0-5 and they lost to the Saints.

A loss is a loss no matter how many points it is. It is how it affects your team mentally. I think our team is still in it mentally, they just haven't been in it physically, with injuries and all.

Packers also have their share of injuries. Also, I think their coaching staff is almost as bad as ours. Pretty close to the same boat, but ours is a nice Viking Ship and theirs is big floating piece of that cheesehead foam.

MensaTice
10-04-2005, 09:27 PM
This is just plain insulting for so many reasons.

snowinapril
10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
"PackerPride" wrote:

I came here to talk intelligent football, as I have seen it on this board before. I didn't come here to listen to people like you that make "just plain stupid" predictions like the Packers going 0-16 or the Vikes going 13-3. 'Nuff said.

I know you are here in a good way, and looking for some intelligent conversation, but this just isn't a good time for that. No one is making sense around here, I don't even know what I am typing right now. It is just big garbled mess here.

We are some testy fans and have lots of issues. I wouldn't expect anything more from us until at the very least by Monday or heck it might even be as long as until we get another win. We are much more polite after a win.

There are a couple of threads in the NFL general section that would be nice to hear your input on. Please stop by there and give your input.

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14399

whiteboy
10-04-2005, 09:36 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

we've gotten blown out, but at least its been against good teams though. besides, a lose is a lose

VKG4LFE
10-04-2005, 10:09 PM
"PackerPride" wrote:

The Packers lost to the Browns by 2 points, the Bucs by 1 point, and Panthers by 3 points.

The Bucs, that's who I couldn't remember. Close games or not, they are still losses any way you look at it. I can appreciate your opinion though. I will not count the packers out this season because they do have Favre (even though I hate that guy, why couldn't he have played for someone else all these years!!). I don't think the packers or the vikings will be in the cellar of the North this year, that distinction will go to the lions again.

michaelmazid
10-04-2005, 10:27 PM
"PackerPride" wrote:

Actually, I will mark your words...and bring back this post regardless of what happens at the end of the season. For one, your Vikes are nothing to be proud of (as of yet) and the Packers won't finish last in the division, if for no other reason then Brett Favre. Do you REALLY think the Lions, Bears, and Vikings are THAT good to beable to predict a last place finish for the Packers in this crappy division, and only 4 games into the season? I came here to talk intelligent football, as I have seen it on this board before. I didn't come here to listen to people like you that make "just plain stupid" predictions like the Packers going 0-16 or the Vikes going 13-3. 'Nuff said.

YOU CAME HERE TO TALK INTELIGENT FOOTBALL? THAN WHY ARE YOU MAKING A DUMB COMMENT LIKE THAT PREDICTING THE PACK TO WIN THE DIVISION. BY THE WAY, YOU WILL NOT BE BRINGING THIS POST BACK AT THE END OF THE SEASON CAUSE BY THAN YOU WILL BE TROLLING AROUND ANOTHER BOARD!!!!!

VKG4LFE
10-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I do think it will be tough for the pack to win the division just because of their upcoming schedule, but I at this time I really wouldn't put it past any of the crappy teams in our division to win the division.

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey Mazid, if you could read better than a 3rd grader, then you would have noticed I said "ROOT FOR MY TEAM".

VKG4LFE
10-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Here we go with the getting pissed off at other people!

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Oh, and btw....
How am I trolling? Do you even know what trolling means, or is your vocabulary at a 3rd grade level also?

VKG4LFE
10-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Enough with the 3rd grade stuff, geez.

snowinapril
10-04-2005, 10:55 PM
"PackerPride" wrote:

Oh, and btw....
How am I trolling? Do you even know what trolling means, or is your vocabulary at a 3rd grade level also?

Don't get baited dude. Sticks and stones!

ultravikingfan
10-04-2005, 10:55 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"PackerPride" wrote:

YOU CAME HERE TO TALK INTELIGENT FOOTBALL? THAN WHY ARE YOU MAKING A DUMB COMMENT LIKE THAT PREDICTING THE PACK TO WIN THE DIVISION. BY THE WAY, YOU WILL NOT BE BRINGING THIS POST BACK AT THE END OF THE SEASON CAUSE BY THAN YOU WILL BE TROLLING AROUND ANOTHER BOARD!!!!!

Good God, he was only giving his opinion here. Do we just always go on the attack mode whenever a Pack fan steps in?

Some here are making predictions for the Vikes to win the Divsion, same thing other site.

He has come here not flaming away and gets blasted by you; not typical behavior here.

BTW:
"webmaster" wrote:

13. NO POSTING IN ALL CAPS.

ultravikingfan
10-04-2005, 10:56 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"PackerPride" wrote:

Oh, and btw....

Don't get baited dude. Sticks and stones!

Your alright man. You did nothing wrong.

Don't lower yourself. :wink:

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Ok, I'm done. :razz:
I realize that the Vikings/Packers rivalry is one of the best, if not THE best in the league. I also know neither one of our teams have done squat this year. I check up on your board from time to time, if for no other reason, to talk football outside of Packer fans. What better place than with the enemy. :smile:
Besides, I'm always interested in expanding my knowledge of football, and more specifically, the NFC North.

6-KINGS
10-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeap we both suck.
I would say we are not even in a boat.
We are both adrift holding life jackets in the sea of Suckamuch.

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 11:02 PM
LOL Kings

PackerPride
10-04-2005, 11:06 PM
and thx Ultra, I enjoy talking to most that post here. The Packer boards have a few extremists as well, comes with the territory I guess.

Del Rio
10-04-2005, 11:11 PM
http://www.mymegafile.com/files/572/metal-stickman.gif

michaelmazid
10-04-2005, 11:14 PM
"PackerPride" wrote:

Hey Mazid, if you could read better than a 3rd grader, then you would have noticed I said "ROOT FOR MY TEAM".

I am not even gonna open that can of worms. I am the third grader but you are the one throwing out insults...... :scratch:

PurplePeopleEaters
10-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Wait... boat? Packer fans are not allowed aboard the viking longship... unless of course you are jumping ship. :lol:

whackthepack
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

What would hurt worse your head or your butt?

Good find Del!

Webby
10-05-2005, 12:19 AM
I think Mr Mazid needs some prozac or a nap. Someone is cranky and would realize that we can have decent discussions with fans from other teams if he just got some sleep. Just being a fan of another team a troll doesn't make them.

Ltrey33
10-05-2005, 12:31 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"PackerPride" wrote:

LOOK EVERYONE! MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN TOO!!! :grin:

6-KINGS
10-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Yeap webby, after these losses some here are out for blood.
I say welcome to any fan who is here to talk football. Not trash talk.
Lord knows the membership here can handle the later, with no problem.

My best friend of 35 yrs is a Newman fan and trust me I know you guys are hurting as bad as we are.
I will say the Newmans have played competitive ball in their games, we have not.
But as the Del says a win is a win and and a loss is a loss.
Our teams are almost single handedly cornering the market on the losses.

NFL football just seems weird this year.
Most of the time the Vikes and the Newmans are decent teams.
Or one is good the other bad.
Been awhile since we both stunk it up like this.
I hope this won't turn into who can stay outta the cellar.
Not much fun in that.

As for the guys who went after ya, let it go.
Their level of frustration is at atomic meltdown.
Just hang around and chat football and be honest about the way things are.
I know I am eating crow for every meal the next 3 months.
Good thing Cajun sent me some good spices to take the taint off of it.
LOL

snowinapril
10-05-2005, 01:14 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

LMAO

watched it again

LMAO

Watched it again

LMAO

had to wipe the tears from my eyes.

michaelmazid
10-05-2005, 01:35 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

I think Mr Mazid needs some prozac or a nap. Someone is cranky and would realize that we can have decent discussions with fans from other teams if he just got some sleep. Just being a fan of another team a troll doesn't make them.

I might need some prozac and a long nap. I guess thats what happens when your team keep getting blown out every week, however you are right webby, just being a fan of another team doesn't make them a troll but time will decide who is troll and who is not. either way, I feel like I should be able to voice my opinion just as much as another member. I understand that this is a bad ass site and its growing everyday and its good to have new members, but thats what makes this site great. We all get to voice our opinions. I don't think I should be talked down too becasuse of my view. He felt like the vikes and the pack are in the same boat and I feel like we are not.

Webby
10-05-2005, 01:46 AM
True, but rather than voice your opinion, you went on a frenzied attack. ALL CAPS EVEN! I reacted like "whoah pilgrim!"

Its all good...I think a few of us are just reiterating a point from a month ago about opposing fans. I'm not mad, I don't think anyone else is. I was, in fact, teasing you a bit.

I need more smilies.

michaelmazid
10-05-2005, 01:56 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

True, but rather than voice your opinion, you went on a frenzied attack. ALL CAPS EVEN! I reacted like "whoah pilgrim!"

Its all good...I think a few of us are just reiterating a point from a month ago about opposing fans. I'm not mad, I don't think anyone else is. I was, in fact, teasing you a bit.

I need more smilies.

I guess that is what a 1-3 start does to me. I am sure i would be a much nicer camper if we blow out the bears this week.

Ltrey33
10-05-2005, 03:00 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

I need more smilies.

More smiles! More smiles you say?! Here ya go!

:grin: :grin: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :grin: :grin:

ultravikingfan
10-05-2005, 03:04 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

I need more smilies.

I guess that is what a 1-3 start does to me. I am sure i would be a much nicer camper if we blow out the bears this week.

You are always grumpy! :???:

WBLVikeBabe
10-05-2005, 03:51 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

I need more smilies.

I'm as frustrated about the losses as you are, but sometimes you just gotta move on. Don't let the Vikings losses control your emotions so much. Be happy to be alive and that you are able to be on this site cause it's great!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-05-2005, 03:59 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

I need more smilies.

Where is casper when you need him.

sdvikefan
10-05-2005, 04:12 AM
Viking and Packer fans just aren't used to losing. Packers haven't had a losing season under Favre ever and Vikings have had a couple in the last few years but we are usually used to talking playoffs all year, certainly this year. People are frustrated, that's all. If we were Cardinal fans or Saints fans we wouldn't be so shocked, but this wasn't supposed to happen to the Vikings.

michaelmazid
10-05-2005, 04:34 AM
ayy baba, shoma hameh reideinn.

WBLVikeBabe
10-05-2005, 04:39 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

huh?? :scratch:

pigskinronin
10-05-2005, 05:12 AM
PackerPride,

I almost agreed with you about being in the same boat... then I remembered the Pack got beat at home by the Cleveland Browns and Green Bay's defense made Dilfer look like an all-pro. lol OK, hoping this post doesn't come back to haunt me on Nov 27 :???:

Packers and Vikes both have a shot at winning the division. I still believe the Vikings will pull together and win the NFC North by a couple of games.

Hitstick31
10-05-2005, 05:48 AM
WE WILL DEFINITELY WIN THE DIVISION!!

NO doubt

WBLVikeBabe
10-05-2005, 07:52 AM
haha I like the optimism Hitstick but next time don't use all caps.

6-KINGS
10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

Oh Lada Basoyan!

Soe row bakka

michaelmazid
10-05-2005, 05:36 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Oh Lada Basoyan!

Soe row bakka

:scratch:

ultravikingfan
10-05-2005, 10:27 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Oh Lada Basoyan!

Soe row bakka

:scratch:

Your smiley has dandruff! :razz:

RK.
10-06-2005, 12:53 AM
I think that the Achilles heal for the Pack is that they have a harder schedule than we do. We may be in the same boat but their end is going down first. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SamDawg84
10-06-2005, 12:55 AM
we have a boat? ta da!

PackerPride
10-06-2005, 04:16 AM
LOL RK! :grin: