PDA

View Full Version : Daunte with a sore knee

DaunteHOF
10-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Saw this on ESPNEWS

cc21
10-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Yeah I heard that he has been playing with a sore knee too. Still though, it is not an excuse for why we have been playing this way.

umaguma1979
10-04-2005, 03:48 AM
It seems his knee has been bothering him since the Tampa game......I dont think we can attribute his performance soley to this injury.

mvikes84
10-04-2005, 04:18 AM
It's not his knee that has been hurting his performance it's his arm and his eyesight!!

ADubya26
10-04-2005, 04:35 AM
he has a sore brain

COJOMAY
10-04-2005, 05:15 AM
Gezzzz, you guys got no pity whatsoever. You are a hard crowd!

Mr. Purple
10-04-2005, 05:30 AM
all the culpepper haters can kiss my :pottytrain2:

singersp
10-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Culpepper announces extent of knee trouble
Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
October 4, 2005 VIKE1004.NOTES

Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper has played nearly the entire season with a sprained medial collateral ligament and bursitis in his right knee, a condition that Culpepper admitted Monday is painful and limiting but should not force him to miss any game time.

Culpepper suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Sept. 11 season opener against Tampa Bay. The injury did not become public until the following week, but its exact nature had been unknown until Culpepper revealed it Monday.

"There's swelling, and it's painful, but I'm a warrior," Culpepper said. "I'm going to push through this."

In 2001, Culpepper played 12 games with loose cartilage in his left knee before undergoing surgery. His current injury does not need surgery, he said, and most of the pain has come from a leaking bursa sac, which Culpepper said caused the bursitis.

Culpepper has run for 74 yards on 15 scrambles this season but also has been sacked 15 times in the past two games.

In the hot seat

Coach Mike Tice arrived 47 minutes late for his news conference Monday, creating speculation that a coaching change was in the works. That wasn't the case -- Tice had held a meeting with players -- but the Vikings coach knows his job security has become a matter of public discussion.

"That goes with losing," Tice said. "If I am not doing my job, then they should call for my head. Right now, I'm not doing my job because we are 1-3. I need to continue to work to do my job better. ... I believe when it is all said and done and evaluated at the end, I will have done my job."

No blame game

After watching the tape of Sunday's loss, Steve Loney said the offensive line was responsible for three of the nine sacks against Culpepper. Loney, who serves as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, cautioned against putting too much blame on one group.

"You can't lay [fumbles] at the feet totally of the guy that fumbled," Loney said. "You can't throw interceptions totally at the feet of the guy that threw them; you can't throw sacks at the feet of the offensive line."

Etc.

• Offensive lineman Bryant McKinnie and Marcus Johnson pleaded not guilty Monday in Hennepin County District Court on charges of disorderly conduct and obstruction of justice, stemming from a Sept. 26 disturbance at Bobby and Steve's Auto World in Minneapolis. Johnson is scheduled for an Oct. 25 pretrial hearing, McKinnie on Nov. 4.

• Defensive end Kenechi Udeze is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Wednesday in Colorado. Udeze missed Sunday's game after suffering a chondral (cartilage) defect and damage to the meniscus the previous week against New Orleans.

• Spencer Johnson, who started in place of Udeze at left end in Atlanta, underwent an MRI on his knee Monday. Johnson said he thought he sprained his medial collateral ligament in the game but expects to be fine.

• Tice said receiver Nate Burleson (knee), defensive end Lance Johnstone (shoulder) and free safety Darren Sharper (knee) should be back for the Oct. 16 game at Chicago

Del Rio
10-04-2005, 03:40 PM
"There's swelling, and it's painful, but I'm a warrior," Culpepper said. "I'm going to push through this."

God that reminds me of Winslow Jr. LMAO :grin:

The Gap
10-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Quarterbacks are hurting everywhere it’s called TACKLE football.
Get Over It!

sunny
10-04-2005, 04:53 PM
What will be his excuse in two weeks? :roll: j/k

Hopefully this is what is causing some of his troubles and a two week rest brings him back to form. If not its going to be a long year.

Looking ahead though, the vikes schedule gets alot easier and hopefully they will get into winning so when they have to play playoff calliber teams they will actualy give them a test.

PAvikesfan
10-04-2005, 05:50 PM
at least burleson and sharper are expected to come back after the bye.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I am a Soulijah! :cool:

Storm
10-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Knowing Tice, he will start Pep regardless of his condition, so lets just hope he is prepared for the Bears.

By the way, if by pushing through he means turning the ball over another 15 times in the next four games, I'd rather see him sit out. =/

PurplePeopleEaters
10-04-2005, 07:21 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Like the new sig del? :lol:

Del Rio
10-04-2005, 07:25 PM
He is a warrior I suppose. I just laugh when athletes say that type of thing.

I mean he could of said "I'll play through the pain, my team needs me" "It doesn't hurt that bad"

BUT NO!!!!!!!

Oh god man it hurts, I mean most mortal men would have fallen in anguish over the total ammount of pain I am going through. *Sigh* but that is the life of a Warrior...... :grin: LMAO!!!

Reminds me of Jack Black in School of Rock....When he is talking to the kids about being scared to go on stage..

Kids you know I am scared to death of being in front of those people, when I feel the fear rising up you know what happens?

..........I go on stage and face it like the warrior I am.....

Or something like that. It's just cheesy.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-04-2005, 07:33 PM
I agree. That's why I made the sig. :lol:

grpape
10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Being a warrior is great. However, all warriors come to a sudden and ugly death. Let's hope Pep knows when to rest. This will show a maturity that will help both him and the team in the end.

mvikes84
10-05-2005, 04:58 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

all the culpepper haters can kiss my :pottytrain2: Your the one kissing Culpooper's a**!!

mvikes84
10-05-2005, 05:01 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

God that reminds me of Winslow Jr. LMAO :grin: Does Culcrapper ride a motorcycle? Hum, maybe there's hope for our season yet.

mvikes84
10-05-2005, 05:04 AM
"grpape" wrote:

Being a warrior is great. However, all warriors come to a sudden and ugly death. Let's hope Pep knows when to rest. This will show a maturity that will help both him and the team in the end. Let's hope he "rests" the rest of the season.

RandyMoss8404
10-05-2005, 05:11 AM
No, he'd be a warrior if he was PLAYING WELL in spite of injury

mnvikes61
10-05-2005, 08:53 AM
since he claims to be the leader and everything, if he's hurt he should just realize that he's hurting the team instead of being "a warrior" and sit til he's a 100%.

PurplePackerEater
10-06-2005, 06:35 AM
My question/comment is, isn't it AGAINST league rules to hide or falsify an injury??

I thought Shannahan(?) got in trouble for that a couple years ago?