PDA

View Full Version : Heart!

HornBoy
10-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I 've been a Viking fan 36 purple years.I have never seen a Viking team with out this much heart.Their purple blood went Black and Gold.Put Brad in and let Pepper seat . Brad has heart and has tasted winning the big one. Please Tice put Pepper on the bench. At least he won't throw a pick, but he might flumble his water.
I live down here close to Pamperville (Panthers) they have a coach that has heart and took bad year last year and made something out of it. Mike acts like he's on the take.

DaunteHOF
10-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Brad Johnson makes the difference, HA!

CanadaViking
10-03-2005, 04:23 PM
"HornBoy" wrote:

I 've been a Viking fan 36 purple years.I have never seen a Viking team with out this much heart.Their purple blood went Black and Gold.Put Brad in and let Pepper seat . Brad has heart and has tasted winning the big one. Please Tice put Pepper on the bench. At least he won't throw a pick, but he might flumble his water.
I live down here close to Pamperville (Panthers) they have a coach that has heart and took bad year last year and made something out of it. Mike acts like he's on the take.

To put Brad Johnson in the line-up as an improvement to C-Pep is a little on the mis-guided side of things, there is NO way Brad Johnson does any better!!

Webby
10-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I think he's right, but maybe not about the Johnson thing. I think we call for him out of frustration and because we are having a hard time putting our finger on what is wrong.

Del Rio
10-03-2005, 04:49 PM
What would it hurt to put Johnson in? Ego's around here?

I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt our chances to win anymore then Culpepper in there. Did you see the fumble when he was BARELY touched?

You put Brad in see how he does, go to Culpepper if he does bad. I mean you guys act like it is out of the question or some form of insubordination. You have Johnson for a reason, put him in see what he does.

snowinapril
10-03-2005, 05:29 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt our chances to win anymore then Culpepper in there. Did you see the fumble when he was BARELY touched?

You put Brad in see how he does, go to Culpepper if he does bad. I mean you guys act like it is out of the question or some form of insubordination. You have Johnson for a reason, put him in see what he does.

Maybe Johnson could prove to DC that the offense can move by completing passes. But I think the real reason BJ is here is to be a back-up. No one thought or wanted to think that BJ would have to play. He is no long term solution.

Lotza
10-03-2005, 05:37 PM
welcome!

brad jhonson won't help c-pep is the man it is just that the o line sucks so bad that we are losing games. O-LINE YOU SUCK!

Del Rio
10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Maybe Johnson could prove to DC that the offense can move by completing passes. But I think the real reason BJ is here is to be a back-up. No one thought or wanted to think that BJ would have to play. He is no long term solution.

Obviously he is not the long term solution, but what is the point of putting Culpepper on the field when he is hurt and playing very poorly.

Backups are not just for injuried if a guy can't get it done, he needs to sit. EVEN if it is for one game, one quarter or anything. You put Brad in there and he does a good job then Culpepper sits even longer. Simply not playing brad is an ego thing. Especially if Pepper is hurt.

Freya
10-03-2005, 05:45 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

No room for ego's. Team sport.
Frankly, I'm tired of the (what appears to be) prissy pants approach to handling players.

josdin00
10-03-2005, 05:47 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I think by putting Johnson in there, you first have to admit that we're a weak team. I don't think that anyone here want's to admit that yet. I sure as hell don't.

We have the bye week now to sort out our issues. I don't think you go to the back up out of the bye unless you are sure that Daunte can't pull it back together. After all, this is the guy that had one of the best seasons ever for a qb last year. You can't throw him on the scrap heap without first making every effort to figure out what's going wrong.

tastywaves
10-03-2005, 05:55 PM
I agree with putting Brad in, I was one of the leading homers for Daunte before the season started, but he is going backwards this year. Its obvious there is nobody on the vikings coaching staff that can get Daunte's head straightened out, so put Brad in. I wish they would have done it at halftime at the Atlanta game, there were plays to be made, and Daunte simply didn't make them. One or two completions that keep a drive alive can change the whole momentum and mentality of the game. Heck, Brad might have even been able to finish one of the drives.

I'm not saying Brad is a long term solution, but I do think he could be effective in showing Daunte that you can still engineer scoring drives with all of the offensive line problems. Some times Daunte is sitting in the pocket for what seems like an eternity, either his guys are that well covered or he has lost confidence to make the throw. Daunte never showed me one glimpse of a qb that thought he could get his team back in the game. The only time I saw a slight bit of confidence from Daunte was on the final touchdown drive, but then the game is over, defense is loose, pressure is off. If Daunte doesn't come out swinging, he has shown very poor ability to recover during a game, that is why I think you need to take him out and put the backup in who has little to no pressure and show Duante the way.

But then again, when has Tice ever made a smart decision.

Very frustrating to watch.

Del Rio
10-03-2005, 06:00 PM
No they won't bench Culpepper coming out of the bye week. The Bears have a very solid defense and I suspect if Culpepper starts getting tunnel vision and butter fingers they should replace him during the game.

I'm not talking an all year benching unless of course Brad gets it done, if he does then Pepper can sit on the shelf for all I care.

gregair13
10-03-2005, 06:06 PM
there is no way in heck you can bench pepper. he would have to seriously **** the bed for him to be on the bench. johnson is just some insurance incase he gets hurt. is it all peppers fault? i dont think so. some of the blame needs to go to him, but not all. all of the 3 units suck, not just his.

tastywaves
10-03-2005, 06:16 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

there is no way in heck you can bench pepper. he would have to seriously **** the bed for him to be on the bench. johnson is just some insurance incase he gets hurt. is it all peppers fault? i dont think so. some of the blame needs to go to him, but not all. all of the 3 units suck, not just his.

If you have huevos as a head coach you can bench your star player. There is no way I'm pinning all the vikings problems on Daunte, I just think they need some kind of spark, especially when the games are turning to sh*t, and Daunte retreats in his little shell. The rest of the team might come on a bit if they see some good play by the offense. Sure start Culpepper after the bye week, but if he doesn't come out swinging, but Brad in an see if he can get something going. Brad may not have the tools of Daunte, but mentally he is in a much better place.

whackthepack
10-03-2005, 06:41 PM
They should have put Brad in before the first half ended, I could not have been the only one that knew that C-pep did not have it yesterday, he was scared and could not make decisions yesterday!

Tice should have had the balls to tell him to sit down, and get his sh*t together! He was not playing well, and it is not just his knee injury because as far as I know that does not affect your brain.

First and foremost in the NFL is winning!

We still had a chance in the game when Vick went out in the second quarter. We were down 14-0, the defense had finally stopped them the series that Vick got hurt. Daunte lead us on a 3-out, we could have taken the momentum away from the Falcons and we did nothing. I would have benched him after that series, and brought in Johnson! Not that Brad is out savior, but you have to try and win!

I would have started Daunte the next game, and hopefully it would have made a point that he has to play better (which he is very capable of doing)!

But taking him out with the way he is playing would not have been a sin!!

I have been supporting Daunte against people that do not like Daunte, and I will not give up on him! But you can tell when a player is not in the game, and he was not!

VKG4LFE
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I would have to disagree. Culpepper is not the lone reason why we are sucking. He has had absolutely no protection and no run support this season. Do you people really think that Brad Johnson is going to be able to do better in the situations than cpep? I would have to put my money on Daunte.

UTVikfan
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah, let Brad try to take 9 sacks this game. 7 sacks last game. I started watching...seems CPep usually had 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Brad is a sharp passer. But this isn't a west coast offense. He would be carted off the field in no time flat. And he isn't a BETTER QB. Just a different one. If its a different one, it has to be better, right?

snowinapril
10-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Nike Commercial, HEART AND BRAIN:

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right, WHICH ONE ARE YOU?

So true!

Del Rio
10-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Well if he manages to NOT TURN THE GODDAMN BALL OVER............then yeah I guess he would......in turn.....be better.